Captain America (MCU) vs Captain Cold (CW)

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 1:

Random encounter. Snart just robbed a bank, and Steve responds to the alarm. No prep, no knowledge, no interference, no special gear. Just Snart with his cold gun and Steve with his shield, head-to-head.

Round 2:

This time, both sides have a day of prep and full knowledge with the intent to take each other out. Only rule is no bringing backup.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold both rounds

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold both rounds

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TorikoWONTDie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap throws his shield. GG.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AngelJax  Online

Snart

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By renamed040924

@torikowontdie said:

Cap throws his shield. GG.

Snart is very quick. Kind of a requirement when you're a Flash rogue, but he's also dodged a blast from the heat gun before, which isn't any slower than a firearm, but a heckuva wider radius. Bottom line, I don't see Steve tagging him with the initial throw, and if Snart freezes his shield, that is going to completely throw off its ricocheting capabilities. So I don't think a shield throw is the way this ends, no matter what.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Vertigo-

I'm tempted to go with Snart. Both rounds. While he could possibly be caught off guard, should Cap open with a shield throw, there's a good chance he could dodge it, and from there, Snart can just freeze the ground all around Cap, making any movements Cap makes all the more dangerous, and, as the above video shows, Cold only has to hit him once, and he turns into a cap-scicle.

Round 2? Snart creates a situation where Cap has to focus on keeping the populace safe, making a win for him almost guaranteed

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold both rounds. What is Cap supposed to do with prep?

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Round 1: Cap wins. He's faster than Snart and isn't a jobber like The Flash.

Round 2: With prep Snart should win, if he knows he's up against a hard ass super soldier he would just zap him right off the bat. Unless Cap somehow blocks it, don't know if he could though

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

What is the MCU's greatest strategist supposed to do with prep? Hmm...

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

It's probably for Cold's advantage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Now that statement is not true at all. And give me one prep feat? Something that shows off any scientific knowledge he has? Can he invent anything? Can he do anything new with his shield? Cap is good at thinking on his feat and giving inspirational speeches but he isn't that smart compared to Snart, who is an engineer. You're hyping Cap up, when he is against someone way smarter than him here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d
deactivated-5cfefdb3f097d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

idk, on paper Snart should win.

but i cant honestly see Cap losing to him as easily as I feel like some people are saying

last0fth3risen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold stomps both rounds. The guy got the better of Flash, how's Cap going to be a problem, especially with prep?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@nickzambuto said:
@jayc1324 said:

Now that statement is not true at all. And give me one prep feat? Something that shows off any scientific knowledge he has? Can he invent anything? Can he do anything new with his shield? Cap is good at thinking on his feat and giving inspirational speeches but he isn't that smart compared to Snart, who is an engineer. You're hyping Cap up, when he is against someone way smarter than him here.

Prep is for strategy and creating a plan, not just building dues ex technology.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@nickzambuto said:
@jayc1324 said:

Ok what is one time Cap has done that in order to fight a single person? Red Skull he just punched a lot, same with Bucky, same with Crossbones, same with Ultron, same with Iron Man.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@nickzambuto said:
@jayc1324 said:

You're mixing him up with Batman :P

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:
@nickzambuto said:
@jayc1324 said:
@nickzambuto said:
@jayc1324 said:

Ok what is one time Cap has done that in order to fight a single person? Red Skull he just punched a lot, same with Bucky, same with Crossbones, same with Ultron, same with Iron Man.

Well that's because he's never been in a situation where he had the opportunity to prepare a strategy specifically for facing a single opponent in battle.

In The First Avenger, he coordinated the plan to infiltrate Red Skull's base by feigning capture, and then getting the Howling Commandos inside. Stopping the plan was the focus, Steve wasn't in a position to think about how exactly he was going to fight Red Skull, just reaching Red Skull was the priority.

In The Winter Soldier, Fury handed the leadership reigns over to Steve, and he coordinated a massive assault plan to bring in the HYDRA heads while simultaneously stopping the Helecarriers. Again, confronting the Winter Soldier one-on-one wasn't really what Steve was focusing on. He had bigger things to prep for.

And Crossbones, Ultron, and Iron Man were all random and unexpected encounters that Steve couldn't have prepared for. Although I would like to point out that he undoubtedly had a big hand in all the planning for the Airport battle where his team was seriously outclassed in power, and they had to repeatedly outsmart every member of Team Iron Man in order to keep up.

This scenario against Cold is a very unique position for Steve that he's never been in before. Where all he has to focus on, is knocking out a single opponent in head to head combat. There's no world-ending plot he has to thwart or dozens of variables to account for including an army of canon fodder opposition and whatever dues ex advanced technology the villain has a hold of. For the first time ever, Steve is finding himself in an extraordinarily simple conflict: find a way to incapacitate this one guy.

Now since he's never been in a situation identical to this, you can argue that he's short on feats. That's fair. But still, he has undoubtedly proven his strategic prowess in far more complex scenarios, including containing the Chitauri invasion to about three square blocks with very few civilian casualties, so I think it is fair to give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he'll think up something clever to catch Captain Cold off guard. Does Captain Cold have the prep advantage? Sure, that can be argued, but it is still interesting to ponder what precautions and insights into Cold's tactics that Steve will be able to bring.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By renamed040924

A previous thread gave the general consensus that Cold can beat Spider-Man. Now people think he can beat Captain America as well. I find it a little weird how Cold gets more respect on the Vine than Green Arrow does. Snart is certainly one of the most clinical and intelligent strategists in the whole CWverse, arguably top five even... but since Oliver is literally number 1, it just doesn't really make sense to me. I don't think anyone can picture Green Arrow actually losing to Cold in a fair fight.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

A previous thread gave the general consensus that Cold can beat Spider-Man. Now people think he can beat Captain America as well.

Because Cold literally needs one hit and can get that hit pretty easily via freezing the ground caps standing on, making it almost impossible to reach him. Cold should also be able to dodge a shield throw considering he has tagged Flash and dodged heat gun blasts.

I find it a little weird how Cold gets more respect on the Vine than Green Arrow does.

Because he's more suited for fighting physically stronger opponents.

Snart is certainly one of the most clinical and intelligent strategists in the whole CWverse, arguably top five even... but since Oliver is literally number 1, it just doesn't really make sense to me. I don't think anyone can picture Green Arrow actually losing to Cold in a fair fight.

You can't compare Green Arrow to Cap in this fight though. Green Arrow has 24 arrows, including explosive ones, that he can use to incapacitate Cold from range. He doesn't need to get close, unlike Cap who only has 1 try with the shield throw. Arrow would likely beat Cold in a great fight, due to having the tools required to beat him.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

That's Keaton's title.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snart.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snart FTW the freeze gun is OP

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snart.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elijah_c_washington: Tony Stark and Wilson Fisk are probably the best strategists. Tony for obvious reasons, Fisk for basically controlling an entire city with no one knowing who he is, and still controlling things from jail.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap both rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both would one shot each other.

The one who strikes first, wins.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cold both rounds

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain cold coz of his speed since it was close to Barry's speed which was Mach 1.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold both rounds

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I'm forgetting impressive showings from Cold on Flash, but on Legends, he was basically a guy with a concussive blast that sometimes froze things

He's probably got some feats of tagging Flash, but considering how cold powered people on Flash have been known to tag speedsters but fail to tag regular humans (ie Killer Frost vs Black Flash anyone), and that, from what I remember, there was context to how he tagged Flash, I'd hesitate to say "he tagged Flash, so he can obviously tag Cap." Especially since S1 Flash was prime jobbing time

Round 1, eh maybe Cap would be surprised by Cold's tech, but Steve's come back to win fights where he started at an initial disadvantage before, and I don't see Cold taking him down quickly, which is what he would have to do, since the longer the fight goes, the better Steve can find a way to win

Round 2, Snart could maybe whip up some cold tech with prep to give him an edge, I'm not sure what kinda stuff he's come up with before. Knowledge means Cap doesn't need to figure out how Snart fights throughout the fight, he'll come in with him already figured out

@khael said:
Loading Video...

....that's him cheap-shotting Amaya, how does that help against Cap?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to block Cold's blasts would be an epic fail, they would just freeze him and the shield.

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CramAndman

It's a one-shot contest and I Gotta go with Snart. He's tagged the flash, pretty much every time they've fought. Cap's too slow and if he doesn't hit him with a shield toss and KO him he has no backup plan!

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gingerpenny

The Captain America would walk all over Captain Cold both rounds. Cap wins both rounds with ease.

Novawing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not seeing how Cap can successfully defend from Cold tagging him, which will happen

Cold

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Obviously it proves that Cap Cold's gun is dangerous as hell, all he needs to do is connecting one shot on CA which shouldn't be that hard.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d29c479f1ca
deactivated-59d29c479f1ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Britain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Captain America would walk all over Captain Cold both rounds. Cap wins both rounds with ease.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
TheOneAboveLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Cap wins only due to the protection of the shield, then proceeds to either one shot Snart, or makes him submit.

R2: Snart due to being a wildcard, especially if this is Composite Cold. He freezes Steve with ease. As Technology beating Physicals. Steve may be strong, but with prep... and having Composite CW Cold... It’s a wrap. Soon as the match begins, Cap gets frozen by even touching the ground.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve wins both rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b
deactivated-5d01cd4d1eb4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
TheOneAboveLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheOneAboveLife

@sexybayonetta22: Well I'm not a scientist but if absolute zero is really the point at which atoms and molecules stop moving, caps shield could theoretically be broken. Since vibranium works by vibrating the force of any impact and releasing this puts less stress on the shield which allows great durability. However if the gun can stop vibranium from well.. Vibrating a strong force might be able to break the shield.

Then again... “Absolute Zero Blast: The gun, as explained by the thieving S.T.A.R. Labs janitor who stole it, shoots a "white flame" that cools. Actually, the gun contains a micro-engine that generates Absolute Zero cold. The engine projects the cold as a blast that can freeze anything on impact. It's so powerful, it incapacitated The Flash and slowed his speed. The goggles that came along with it are a way to protect the user from the glare of said blast" Flash/Arrow wiki

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WorldsGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic vine MFTL Cold Gun blitzes and solos the MCU and DCEU verses!

Avatar image for deactivated-60f0e58a604c0
deactivated-60f0e58a604c0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cap can win if he somehow takes the cold gun away from Snart, if he doesn't then he loses.