Captain America (MCU) vs Arya Stark (GoT)

• 111 results
Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Paytience

@bladeoffury: Shield agents have guns and armor and modern martial arts training. So they don't compare at all.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

@bladeoffury: What was the Kingsguard armed with when he fought the soldiers? And what were Brienne and Arya armed with when they fought?

Armor and a sword, just like the ones who fought Brienne. Brienne had armor and a sword, Arya had Needle.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: What does that have to do with Ayra tho? I asked for CQC scans, the are both unarmed like the OP says.

No, only Cap is unarmed. You asked for close quarter combat examples, I showed Arya outperforming the Kinsguard against Brienne... in close quarters.

@bladeoffury: You mean a sparring match? It wasn't an actual fight lmao

We're talking about skill, and neither combatant held back her skill... in a contest of skill.

@bladeoffury: Not Arya and not kingsguard. Keep false equivocating to someone who is far less than Cap anyway though.

I never said Arya fought the guards. I said she outperformed them against Brienne. What's Cap's best skill feat iyo?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: Renly was their king, they were his guards. King's Guards.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap handily.

Morals on would be alot more fair.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: Shield agents have guns and armor and modern martial arts training. So they don't compare at all.

I don't recall the agents in the elevator having guns.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randybutternubs said:

@bladeoffury: What does that have to do with Ayra tho? I asked for CQC scans, the are both unarmed like the OP says.

No, only Cap is unarmed. You asked for close quarter combat examples, I showed Arya outperforming the Kinsguard against Brienne... in close quarters.

Which nothing impressive was shown and Cap has done better

@randybutternubs said:

@bladeoffury: You mean a sparring match? It wasn't an actual fight lmao

We're talking about skill, and neither combatant held back her skill... in a contest of skill.

And cap stomps in that category, his CQC is far more impressive than Ayra, considering he was able to fight a Super Soldier wielding a knife and took him down unarmed.
@paytience said:

@bladeoffury: Not Arya and not kingsguard. Keep false equivocating to someone who is far less than Cap anyway though.

I never said Arya fought the guards. I said she outperformed them against Brienne. What's Cap's best skill feat iyo?

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BOC  Online

@bladeoffury: Looking at the fight now, I'm not sure what part you are referring to where they tried to restrain him instead of tag. At least after the part where he first overcomes the magnet, which is the part of the fight I find impressive. Some are armed with shock batons and I see a few of the unarmed ones trying to tag him (they swing for his head). Due to SHIELD's superiority to the base fodder in Arya scaling, I'd definitely put this at least on par. I do think it's a close fight, though.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randybutternubs: Let's backtrack a bit.

You brought up these showings of Cap beating opponents:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

And then said

All those opponents are more impressive than Ayra tho

So you think that a totally random dude with a knife is more impressive than Arya Stark?

RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RandyButterNubs

@bladeoffury said:

@randybutternubs: Let's backtrack a bit.

You brought up these showings of Cap beating opponents:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And then said

All those opponents are more impressive than Ayra tho

So you think that a totally random dude with a knife is more impressive than Arya Stark?

You mean trained soldiers, Ayra hasn't shown to do anything impressive.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RandyButterNubs

@bladeoffury: You been beyond saving since the day you started making threads lmao. You ever wonder why people call you BaitOfFury or other names?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66 the_magister  Online

@randybutternubs: @bladeoffury: I agree with Randy in all honesty. Top mercenaries like the ones working for Batroc should be well above Arya on an individual basis.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BOC  Online

hmmmm

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: link

Even after he breaks his hand free, you can see the big guy holding him in a headlock continuing to do so. You can see the African American trying to hold on to his left hand. For the next several seconds, I only see people running at him to, no punches thrown. I assume their intention was to restrain and use tasers, which was their initial strategy. Only when most men are on the floor and individual agents run try to attack with no cohesion do they throw some fists, probably out of desperation.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: hmm, perhaps you're right, but Arya is more naturally gifted

the_magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 the_magister  Online
BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BOC  Online
KingLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She probably has more skill than Steve but, obviously size comes into play.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch, Cap has no answer for Arya’s passive plot manipulation.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She sneaks up on him and slits his throat. And then whispers "Hail Hydra."

KingAntagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By KingAntagonist

@bladeoffury: No this ins't true. Brienne was holding back the whole time, and as soon as she got serious she kicked down Arya to the ground, and you can see in her face that she regretted doing that. She never outperformed a going all out Brienne. Even after the kick Brienne allowed Arya to defend herself , she gived time for Arya to reach for a new weapon instead of kicking her down again or just attacking seriously.

Jon Snow would beat Arya. And Jon Snow is far from being one of the best fighters in the show.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap could beat 1000 Arya's in a straight up fight.

But she could probably get close to assassinating him.

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap stomps

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingantagonist: Why would she hold back her skill in a contest of skill? And I'm not even arguing that Arya is on par with Brienne, I'm arguing that she is better than the 2 Kinsguards that Brienne killed in seconds without getting tagged a single time.

You're disagreeing with the directors here. The people who gave all those characters their feats outright said that Arya is one of the best.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Cap has his usual uniform, the sword or knife likely won't do much...

KingAntagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By KingAntagonist

@bladeoffury: She was confused and holding back at first obviously. It would be like saying I would spare seriously in a boxing-skill contest with my little brother if he manage to surprise me with some crazy unexpected move like Arya did to Brienne. She don't expected to spare a skilled fighter but a 17 years old girl without proper training and using a weapon useless to fight against armored swords users. (From her point of view)

The 2 Kingsguards are most likely highborn without feats or battle experience, yeah they are surely better than your average soldier but that it. Renly is a very "show king" he don't care about the skills of his fellowers as much as other Kings would. This is show in the books when he want to put Loras in command of his army even though Loras ins't a proved commander at all.

Being selectioned to be part of an elite force without having the skills is not that uncommon in Westeros. You have actually people who are given Knighthood without even being able to fight...

You're disagreeing with the directors here. The people who gave all those characters their feats outright said that Arya is one of the best.

This is under interpretation and context. You can't just take statements and be like "Oh ok then she is the best even though she don't have the feats" do you think Arya would beat Jon Snow ?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingantagonist: At first, yes, she was holding back because she didn't think Arya can fight. But then Arya put a rapier up to her neck. And then Arya dodged every blow with her hands behind her back. And then Arya got past her defense and tagged her. By this point, there was no reason for Brienne to hold back her skill. If your little brother makes you submit in the first 2 seconds of the fight and proceeds to dance around your blows and tag you, I'd say that you won't hold back your skill any longer.

I believe the "fodder" Kingsguards can be scaled to each other, just like fodder LoS ninjas, for instance. Is there anything to support your claim about Renly's reluctance to choose good bodyguards? He was at war, a time more dangerous than when Meryn Trant was accepted into the Kingsguard, and unlike any other king in the show, he was actually seen recruiting his Kinsguards based on their combat abilities. He literally chose Brienne to be a part of this elite fighting force because she won his tournament in melee combat. I don't think that using the books to make predictions about the show is entirely fair (it would be like using comic book feats for live action characters), and the Knight of Flowers is a great fighter, so I'd say his place in the Kinsguard is justified.

When was someone who can't fight given knighthood in the show? Even then, the king wouldn't care whether or not some dude in the city wears a knight's armor, but he would care about his own personal safety, and would logically hire the best there is to provide it.

This is under interpretation and context. You can't just take statements and be like "Oh ok then she is the best even though she don't have the feats" do you think Arya would beat Jon Snow ?

What interpretation? Arya being called one of the best fighters can only be interpreted as Arya being one of the best fighters. What context?

They called her one of the best, not the best, for one. For two, you do realize that every word the characters uttered, every glance they made, every feat they performed occurred because the writers willed it so. These same writers expressing their intent in words instead of actors makes no difference.

I'm not sure what Jon has to do with this, I think Arya can beat him by feats alone.

KingAntagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By KingAntagonist

@bladeoffury:Well, as soon as Brienne got really serious after Arya managed to confuse and outskill her two times (because obviously Brienne was holding back and was completely shocked ) Brienne got serious and overwhelmed her ,Arya managed to put her on the defensive a bit but as soon as Brienne got an opening she kicked her down to the ground and if it was a real fight Arya would have been dead. Those two aren't close in lvl as fighter. Not to mention you can be doutful about Brienne really fighting seriously (with kick and other H2H moves ) considering the first time she did that to Arya she was obviously with remorse and fear of having might hurt her If Cap kicked Arya like Brienne did Arya would be dead, dead dead dead. This is why this fight is a mismatch, Arya have no way of evading Cap kicks going by feats, he would just block her blows with his shield, kick her and then be done with it.

At first, yes, she was holding back because she didn't think Arya can fight. But then Arya put a rapier up to her neck. And then Arya dodged every blow with her hands behind her back. And then Arya got past her defense and tagged her. By this point, there was no reason for Brienne to hold back her skill. If your little brother makes you submit in the first 2 seconds of the fight and proceeds to dance around your blows and tag you, I'd say that you won't hold back your skill any longer.

I believe the "fodder" Kingsguards can be scaled to each other, just like fodder LoS ninjas, for instance

Well, I disagree. Because unlike GoT for Kingsguards and Knights LoS Ninjas don't have members who contradict their "general" lvl required to accept them. Hell, in season 1 you have a Knight who gained Knighthood by being part of political moves.(Hugh). In the books Meryn Trant is actually considered to be a well decent fighter for the Kingsguards by Jaime Lannister himself, in the show everyone say he is a joke. (for a Kingsguard)

Is there anything to support your claim about Renly's reluctance to choose good bodyguards?

Im just saying those guys are youngs and inexperienced fighters which is a fact, now how "good" they are (because both are Highborn with training) is debatable but are they comparable to a Kingsguard worth of his name ? Hell no. For example one of the guy Brienne stomped is one of Yohn Royce sons (youngests) considering he is not the heir, he most likely joined Renly because he want to build himself as a fighter with a reputation, and Renly accepted him because Royce is one of the strongest houses in the Vale. Do you really think Renly would have rejected Royce (and risking the wrath of the Vale) if he considered Robar to not be good enough ? Not to mention it was indicated by Renly character that he wans't the kind of guy who would follow the norm and the " fair way" , supported by the fact he wanted the crown despite knowing very well Stannis is the heir.

He was at war, a time more dangerous than when Meryn Trant was accepted into the Kingsguard,

Except Renly was with the support of the strongest Kingdom in the whole continent and the richest with the Lannister, the war for King's Landing was already won for him at this point in everyone mind. The Lannisters were fighting Robb and were losing the said fighting with their army's being far from home and unable to turn back and face Renly, The capital was with no proper army to defend herself and with no proper commander (Tyron was unknow to be this good by this point) So yeah lol, the only opposition Renly was facing was his brother with his 4 thousands soldiers when Renly was with 100 thousands.

and unlike any other king in the show, he was actually seen recruiting his Kinsguards based on their combat abilities. He literally chose Brienne to be a part of this elite fighting force because she won his tournament in melee combat. I don't think that using the books to make predictions about the show is entirely fair (it would be like using comic book feats for live action characters), and the Knight of Flowers is a great fighter, so I'd say his place in the Kinsguard is justified.

That doens't contradict the point above. He did the same in the books (about Brienne) and still wanted to put Loras in charge of the vanguard despite Loras having no leadership skills or any feats as a commander. Yeah Loras is a insanely good fighter (in the books, in the show he is good but far from being THAT good) but he ins't a proved commander or anything, Loras being part of a Kingsguard is legit, but him leading the army ins't. And yeah sure we don't have this scene about Renly wanting Loras leading the vanguard in the show, but we already saw (season 1) that Renly was HEAVILY influenced by Loras, much more than in the books (In the show it's actually due to Loras that Renly choose to press his claim as the King.) So yeah, as far as things go Renly don't be "fair" about decisions ins't contradicted in the show.

When was someone who can't fight given knighthood in the show?

Ser Hugh of the Val who was portrayed to be the perfect dumb and arrogant young man without any talent for battle, and yet he earned knighthood. Janos Slynt was commander of the CITY WATCH( which is supposed to be a elite force, at least back in the times) and don't even know how to use a sword.

Even then, the king wouldn't care whether or not some dude in the city wears a knight's armor, but he would care about his own personal safety, and would logically hire the best there is to provide it.

Answered above, everyone loved Renly or at least supported him in his camp, and nobody was really being a theat to him .

What interpretation? Arya being called one of the best fighters can only be interpreted as Arya being one of the best fighters. What context? They called her one of the best, not the best, for one. For two, you do realize that every word the characters uttered, every glance they made, every feat they performed occurred because the writers willed it so. These same writers expressing their intent in words instead of actors makes no difference.

Were they talking about the time during season 8 alone ? ( very likely) How far their "bests" list goes ? Top 5 ? Top 6 ? So yeah you can't just take it word for word in that sense. Not to mention DD in the last season really contradict themselves in VARIOUS points in regards of the previous seasons.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Cap somehow gets stabbed, he can soak it (or tank it if he's wearing his suit) and hit back immediately like he did against Bucky, which will do critical damage. The stat difference will matter a lot. Cap only has to be concerned about weapons here, while a lot of his past opponents had kicks and punches as options to damage him. Cap's body is tough enough to shatter concrete on impact.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: Brienne wasn't fighting real Kingsguard, she fighting renley's guard...and that doesn't tell us anything since Arya never fought kingsfuard either. It's a false equivocation at best and dishonest scaling at worst.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingantagonist:

Well, as soon as Brienne got really serious after Arya managed to confuse and outskill her two times (because obviously Brienne was holding back and was completely shocked ) Brienne got serious and overwhelmed her ,Arya managed to put her on the defensive a bit but as soon as Brienne got an opening she kicked her down to the ground and if it was a real fight Arya would have been dead.

We don't really know that, as

1. Arya already hit Brienne in the leg with her rapier before getting tagged, so if it was a real fight, Brienne would have likely lost soon after.
  2. Arya was in good fighting condition moments after getting kicked, so it's possible that she was simply recovering to the fullest, and could already get up earlier than she did.

Those two aren't close in lvl as fighter.

But would you agree that Arya outperformed the Kinsguards? Brienne beat them in 10 seconds without getting tagged a single time. The very fact that Arya could tag Brienne and they couldn't already puts her performance above theirs, as far as I'm concerned.

Not to mention you can be doutful about Brienne really fighting seriously (with kick and other H2H moves ) considering the first time she did that to Arya she was obviously with remorse and fear of having might hurt her

Again, if you don't want to hurt someone, you would apply less force. You wouldn't apply less skill. "Holding back" actually makes the feat more impressive for Arya, as she had to make sure not to cut Brienne with her real weapon, and while Brienne only had a sparring sword.

Arya have no way of evading Cap kicks going by feats, he would just block her blows with his shield, kick her and then be done with it.

Cap doesn't have his shield here.

Well, I disagree. Because unlike GoT for Kingsguards and Knights LoS Ninjas don't have members who contradict their "general" lvl required to accept them. Hell, in season 1 you have a Knight who gained Knighthood by being part of political moves.(Hugh).

Which Kinsguards contradict Meryn Trant's feat?

As I said, Knights are a different story. There are hundreds of them, and only 7 Kingsguards, and the Kinsguard is actually responsible for the King's personal safety, while nothing would change if a useless knight is anointed.

And what makes you say that Hugh wasn't skilled enough to be a knight?

In the books Meryn Trant is actually considered to be a well decent fighter for the Kingsguards by Jaime Lannister himself, in the show everyone say he is a joke. (for a Kingsguard)

Exactly, which is why other Kingsguard get to scale from.

Im just saying those guys are youngs and inexperienced fighters which is a fact,

How do you that he was inexperienced, and physicals peak at the age of 25, so the guards' youth is actually an advantage of Meryn Trant.

For example one of the guy Brienne stomped is one of Yohn Royce sons (youngests) considering he is not the heir, he most likely joined Renly because he want to build himself as a fighter with a reputation, and Renly accepted him because Royce is one of the strongest houses in the Vale. Do you really think Renly would have rejected Royce (and risking the wrath of the Vale) if he considered Robar to not be good enough ? Not to mention it was indicated by Renly character that he wans't the kind of guy who would follow the norm and the " fair way" , supported by the fact he wanted the crown despite knowing very well Stannis is the heir.

This is all speculation, and unlikely speculation at that. Renly had the largest army in Westeros, do you seriously think that he was scared of the Vale? And do you seriously think that the Vale would do anything against him because one of the sons of one of its bannermen was not accepted to the fricking Kinsguard, a position held by 7 out of 100 000?

And I can speculate a whole bunch of things about Meryn as well.

Except Renly was with the support of the strongest Kingdom in the whole continent and the richest with the Lannister, the war for King's Landing was already won for him at this point in everyone mind. The Lannisters were fighting Robb and were losing the said fighting with their army's being far from home and unable to turn back and face Renly, The capital was with no proper army to defend herself and with no proper commander (Tyron was unknow to be this good by this point) So yeah lol, the only opposition Renly was facing was his brother with his 4 thousands soldiers when Renly was with 100 thousands.

IIRC, Stannis only had 4000 men after his army was destroyed at the Battle of the Blackwater. I don't believe the size of his army was ever stated before Renly's death.

And even if Renly didn't feel threatened by the war, Robert definitely didn't feel threatened either, as there was no war at the time Meryn was recruited.

That doens't contradict the point above. He did the same in the books (about Brienne) and still wanted to put Loras in charge of the vanguard despite Loras having no leadership skills or any feats as a commander.

We have no idea how good Loras' leadership skills are, and I don't even think that leadership skills are relevant for the Kinsguard. The king commands them, and they're his bodyguards. Combat is their main attribute.

Yeah Loras is a insanely good fighter (in the books, in the show he is good but far from being THAT good)

He was hyped up to be more skilled than Jaime Lannister at one point, and won second place in Renly's melee tournament, with Brienne winning first.

but he ins't a proved commander or anything, Loras being part of a Kingsguard is legit, but him leading the army ins't. And yeah sure we don't have this scene about Renly wanting Loras leading the vanguard in the show, but we already saw (season 1) that Renly was HEAVILY influenced by Loras, much more than in the books (In the show it's actually due to Loras that Renly choose to press his claim as the King.) So yeah, as far as things go Renly don't be "fair" about decisions ins't contradicted in the show.

So... Renly would be careless about his personal safety because his lover influences his decisions?

Ser Hugh of the Val who was portrayed to be the perfect dumb and arrogant young man without any talent for battle, and yet he earned knighthood. Janos Slynt was commander of the CITY WATCH( which is supposed to be a elite force, at least back in the times) and don't even know how to use a sword.

Again, big difference between the knights and the Kingsguard. The city watch is basically the police, there were 6000 of them, compared to 7 Kingsguards. It's quite obvious which force is more elite.

Were they talking about the time during season 8 alone ? ( very likely) How far their "bests" list goes ? Top 5 ? Top 6 ? So yeah you can't just take it word for word in that sense. Not to mention DD in the last season really contradict themselves in VARIOUS points in regards of the previous seasons.

Since the statement occurred in S8, many legendary fighters were dead by that point, but the sheer quantity of men in the Battle of Winterfell makes the statement ridiculously impressive. I mean, there were 100 000 Dothraki warriors, and we've seen random Dothraki cut down multiple Lannister soldiers.

Yeah of course the writers contradict themselves, but the same problem arises in feats, as these same writers are responsible.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: Brienne wasn't fighting real Kingsguard, she fighting renley's guard...and that doesn't tell us anything since Arya never fought kingsfuard either. It's a false equivocation at best and dishonest scaling at worst.

What does "real Kinsguard" even mean? Renly was a king with the bigger army on the continent, and they were chosen to be his personal guards, wearing Kingsguard armor.

It tells us that Arya is better than the Kinsguards based on her performance against Brienne. Brienne cut them down in 10 seconds without getting tagged, while Arya actually tagged her, for one.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Paytience

@bladeoffury: Bullshit. The Kingsguard are 7 elite knights hand picked specifically to guard the person that SITS the Iron Throne. Not a brandom claimant. Jaime Lannister was Kingsguard. Barriston Selmy was Kingsguard.

The random guards stabding around a would be claimant are not Kingsguard...their name will never be written in the book of the guard.

You're not just false equivocating everywhere, you're lying to do so.

Arya never tagged Brienne...she touched her. And if youre only fencing, non penetrating touches, or touches not committed enough to penetrate armor or to cut your opponent, are not tags. Arya lost...and she didn't outperform anyone since it was sparring and not even close to all out by brienne. And all of this is moot...Cap is strongr fster and vetter trained. This thread should be locked.

the_magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By the_magister  Online

@paytience said:

@bladeoffury: Bullshit. The Kingsguard are 7 elite knights hand picked specifically to guard the person that SITS the Iron Throne. Not a brandom claimant. Jaime Lannister was Kingsguard. Barriston Selmy was Kingsguard.

The random guards stabding around a would be claimant are not Kingsguard...their name will never be written in the book of the guard.

Yeah this is true, speaking straight facts.

I could theoretically become a claimant and then form my own Kingsguard if I live in Westeros, doesn't mean anything.

Plus Renly's constituent regions (primarily Highgarden) were noted for not being great fighters.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully he stomps this annoying plot-creature.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paytience: Whether or not the king sits on a certain chair makes no difference to me. What makes a difference is the army in his disposal (from which the Kingsguard is recruited), and Renly's was the largest in Westeros. Fact is, those two men Brienne beat were the top 7 out of 100 000, which is an even higher percentile than the guards at King's Landing.

Arya obviously wouldn't swing her weapon at full speed in order to avoid cutting Brienne, but she would obviously be able to tag her just as easily. The part of the leg that Arya tagged wasn't protected by armor btw:

No Caption Provided

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: If you have a bigger army than the one at King's Landing and formed your own Kingsguard, I'd say that your Kingsguard is as good, if not better than theirs.

When was it mentioned that Highgarden wasn't good at fighting?

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: @paytience: If you consider it better, the Hound scaling can also be used. He actually beat 4 of the Landing's Kingsguard in like 5 seconds, also without getting tagged

the_magister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By the_magister  Online

@bladeoffury said:

@the_magister: If you have a bigger army than the one at King's Landing and formed your own Kingsguard, I'd say that your Kingsguard is as good, if not better than theirs.

When was it mentioned that Highgarden wasn't good at fighting?

Olenna herself said it, and it's a part of the background lore. Highgarden's the capital of the Reach. The Reach is the most densely populated, most fertile, second largest, and second richest of the Seven Kingdoms. Despite these inherent advantages & the fact that they can field the largest standing army in the entire continent, they didn't stand a chance against the conscripted Lannister army that marched from King's Landing.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister: That's definitely something, though victory in war can be attributed to factors other than individual melee combat.

I guess the Hound beating 4 Kingsguards is better then.

UberCoffeeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread
This thread

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is spite. May as well be a toddler vs grown ass man. Show one feat of Arya hitting anyone comparable to Steve in speed. Wait, it doesn't exist because no one in Game of Thrones is even half as fast as he is. Partly because they're weighed down by their armor and partly because he could beat every single person in the series in a 1 on 1 fight and maybe even a 1 on 20. Except maybe a dragon, but you give him a good spear and an argument could be made.

Boby501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap bodies her.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By KingOfWakanda

Even if Arya could stab Steve, he's not going to shatter into a million pieces. He'd shrug it off like when Bucky stabbed him and proceed to wreck. That's if Arya even got that close.

The way I see it, Arya's only chance is to wear Bucky's face. Then she takes it easily via throat slash when he's distracted by looking at his old pal.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wabubub: Arya tagged Brienne, who is about as fast as the Hound, who stomped 4 Kingsguards in seconds without getting touched, and one Kingsguard (often treated as a joke) beat Syrio Forel, who stomped 4 Lannister soldiers at once, making them hit each other.