• 99 results
Posted by WaspAlfa20 (-393 posts) 2 years, 1 month ago

Poll: Captain America (Marvel Cinematic Universe) vs Batman and Deadshot (DC Extended Universe) (82 votes)

Captain America 21%
Batman and Deadshot 68%
Too close to call 11%

Captain America

No Caption Provided

Batman and Deadshot

No Caption Provided

Setup:

• Standard Gear
  • In Character
  • Live-Action Versions
  • This is a random encounter

Location: They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, in broad daylight. Assume they start roughly 50 feet apart and visible. However, there is a good amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such) and the entire area is on limits (alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc).

Who'd win? For what reasons?

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#1 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot lands a deadly shot eventually.

#2 Posted by lubub55 (12877 posts) - - Show Bio

At this distance Deadshot could solo. If not Batman exposes a flank whilst Floyd shoots Steve.

#3 Edited by WaspAlfa20 (-393 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343@14nc3@pokergeist@dondave@guardiandevil83@eisenfauste@k4tzm4n@nickzambuto@albertphytagoras@jackknight@nerdchore@batman242@saren@oceanmaster21@willpayton@spinnercomix@strider92@artyom@sirfizzwhizz@shiryu@acrokat@savageslayer@blacklegraph@the_kidd@black_of_shadow@nefarious@experio@zhurong@thunderbolt30@tifa_lockhart@erik@hbktimhbk@night4345@tparks@logy5000@comicstooge@jacthripper@killerwasp@keenko@chimeroid@silverpool@sundeep@thedailybagel@patrat18@hatemalingsia@ssj_god@deathstroke_50@god_spawn@sirneko@regiebravo@abyssdarkfire@thevivas@ordinaryalan@lerizador@the_titan_lord@dajhonmccloud@aee@lunacyde@mandarinestro@captain_batman_ftw@lukehero@jimmy_rustler@i_am_lightning@rbt@gokuss4z@random_nerd@spector_rand@ancient_god@WarBlade539@the_caped_crusader@deaditegonzo@thehunter@allstarsuperman@jwwprod@darkraiden@leonkarlen123@rustyroy@kingant27@shroudofsorrow@penderor@iragexcudder@bluejay4@thekinfing@wrglfan2814@tony_shark@super_mod@kingwillie@pierpat@immortal777@detrolord@nomar@apocalypse3@misterwhisper@swils94@lettsplay10@lerizador@highaccuser@batman3000@deathstroke_50@picard@lukas12@hunk@wyldsong@lucano@pokeysteve@jackjack390@jhaigo@r2datu@lunacyde_@jmarshmallow@zaied@dark_cloud@slimj87d@sophia89@depinhom@reaverlation@deranged_midget_@wolverine08@godzilla44@cable_extreme@mumblesonetwo@pope052@alphaq@98115@deathstroke_50@hirev_starman@darthaznable@dstreet45@cpt_nice@georgewbush@nfactor1995@brucerogers@legacy6364@blackestnight93@paytience@ostyo@dark-nihilus@rogueshadow@linark@barelyaverage@themongoose@bullettimer@boringperson@micah@the_red_viper@jedixman@princearagorn1@carter_esque@the_imperator@rolldestroyer@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk@betatesthighlander1@cadencev2@comic_book_fan@kingofash@neongamewave@juiceboks@kokemabb200@sachmoo@shazam117@warlordeternal@the_real_seaman@cfrehse@blackpantherisb@lubub55@thecrazybean@comic_fan123

Mind if you join?

#4 Posted by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55 said:

At this distance Deadshot could solo. If not Batman exposes a flank whilst Floyd shoots Steve.

pretty much this

#5 Posted by Cosmic_Templar (2571 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55: I think Steve has a chance of taking Deadshot out if he throws his shield and manages to choke out Batman like in the Knightmare scene. But other than that I agree with you.

#6 Posted by RBT (27160 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
#7 Edited by deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba (5989 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming that Bruce and Floyd are working together as a team they should win this.

Bruce keeps Steve fighting until Floyd pulls off a kill shot

#8 Posted by Sy8000 (35076 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot solos.

#9 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55 said:

pretty much this

Agreed.

#10 Posted by Nefarious (35647 posts) - - Show Bio

@waspalfa20: Sure.

Like the others, I think Deadshot will get shot on Cap..eventually.

#11 Edited by DSTREET45 (5244 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'd give Steve the edge against either, Deadshot would make any opening count. And if Batman could press him, even for a little bit, Deadshot would get that opening.

That was my initial thoughts until I realized that Steve was given plenty of cover in this setting. Steve would have to take him out first before dealing with Batmanand since Deadshot is the one with the gun, Steve would likely choose him. A shield toss could do him in as Steve has the range and accuracy to pull it off and Deadshot doesn't have any reaction feats to say that he could dodge it even at this distance.

This could be done before Batman closes the distance (assuming he try to flank him while Deadshot is using suppressing fire). And if Batman and Steve duke it outunhindered in CQC, then Steve wins 10/10 times with minor difficulty. So I'm going with Steve for a slight majority.

#12 Posted by RBT (27160 posts) - - Show Bio

@dstreet45:

That was my initial thought until I realized that Steve was given plenty of covee in this setting. Steve would have to take him out first before dealing with Batmanand since Deadshot is the one with the gun, Steve would likely choose him. A shield toss could do him in as Steve has the range and accuracy to pull it off and Deadshot doesn't have any reaction feats to say that he could dodge it even at this distance.

Even if Steve manages to KO Floyd with one shield toss, which is unlikely since Floyd took hits from Incubus without getting KOed, chances are Floyd would headshot Cap before the shield hits him.

#13 Edited by MegaSharkLaser (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Floyd puts a bullet in between Steve's eyes.

#14 Posted by theCrazyBean (1839 posts) - - Show Bio

Distance gives team the win. Steve is getting shot son or later.

#15 Edited by DSTREET45 (5244 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Even if Steve manages to KO Floyd with one shield toss, which is unlikely since Floyd took hits from Incubus without getting KOed,

And Steve is capable of putting enough force to damage a Quinjet and embed metal, I think that's more than enough to at least faze the guy even assuming that he could take hits from super humans.

chances are Floyd would headshot Cap before the shield hits him.

Cap could ricochet his shield to hit his target even when he's hiding behind cover.

#16 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch. If cap has his shield dead shot ain't shooting sh#%. Once he reloads cap one shots him and bats

#17 Edited by Amendment50 (15154 posts) - - Show Bio

IC the team will probably just tread on each other's toes. Cap wins.

#18 Posted by RBT (27160 posts) - - Show Bio

@dstreet45:

And Steve is capable of putting enough force to damage a Quinjet and embed metal, I think that's more than enough to at least faze the guy even assuming that he could take hits from super humans.

Fair enough. I was only arguing against Steve one shotting him. If Steve is bloodlusted, a shield toss might one shot Floyd, but doubt he would do it here.

Cap could ricochet his shield to hit his target even when he's hiding behind cover.

I don't think Steve has ever pulled this off. Besides, Steve is used to running at shooters. He usually just covers his face and torso and rushes them. That won't work against Floyd.

#19 Posted by BlackLegRaph (5429 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Deadshot take it.

#20 Posted by dondave (41749 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#21 Posted by ridd (1019 posts) - - Show Bio

Team lolstomp.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43017 posts) - - Show Bio

Team in a stomp

#23 Edited by DSTREET45 (5244 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Fair enough. I was only arguing against Steve one shotting him. If Steve is bloodlusted, a shield toss might one shot Floyd, but doubt he would do it here.

It depends. Steve does seem willing to kill or at least maim in character, it's just not his first option. But going against a shooter I think Steve would at least try to use enough force to knock him down. Even if Deadshot isn't KO'd he'd be hurting for a bit (he was after Incubus's hit and against Enchantress's hits) and Steve could close the 50 ft distance easily (remember he could outrun cars), while Deadshot is temporarily down. Batman could provide some resistance but Steve would've probably already close the distance by then making in a CQC match which shifts the match more favorably onto his side.

I don't think Steve has ever pulled this off. Besides, Steve is used to running at shooters. He usually just covers his face and torso and rushes them. That won't work against Floyd.

No Caption Provided

#24 Edited by mrmonster (14670 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman gets in close and fights him hand to hand while Deadshot shoots him. There's no way he can simultaneously fight off Batman and Deadshot.

#25 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18162 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman gets in close and fights him hand to hand while Deadshot shoots him. There's no way he can simultaneously fight off Batman and Deadshot.

Sucks but true.

#26 Posted by RBT (27160 posts) - - Show Bio

@dstreet45:

It depends. Steve does seem willing to kill or at least maim in character, it's just not his first option. But going against a shooter I think Steve would at least try to use enough force to knock him down. Even if Deadshot isn't KO'd he'd be hurting for a bit (he was after Incubus's hit and against Enchantress's hits) and Steve could close the 50 ft distance easily (remember he could outrun cars), while Deadshot is temporarily down. Batman could provide some resistance but Steve would've probably already close the distance by then making in a CQC match which shifts the match more favorably onto his side.

Again, you're assuming that Steve would toss the shield and the shield would connect before Floyd can get a shot off. Floyd has pretty much zero aim time. All he has to do is lift his arm before Steve can take aim, toss the shield and the shield closes 50ft distance. That's seems pretty doable.

That was a sick gif. Didn't remember that, tbh. But he was exposed when he threw the shield.

And Steve really didn't have to kick the guy. Talk about overkill.

#27 Posted by The_Kidd (11780 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot solos, Batman aint doing shit.

#28 Edited by DSTREET45 (5244 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@dstreet45:

Again, you're assuming that Steve would toss the shield and the shield would connect before Floyd can get a shot off. Floyd has pretty much zero aim time. All he has to do is lift his arm before Steve can take aim, toss the shield and the shield closes 50ft distance. That's seems pretty doable.

No I'm assuming that Steve would block with his shield and get to cover before Deadshot decides to shoot at his legs. Granted it probably won't take very long for Deadshot to realize that, but the battle field has a good amount of cover as per OP so I figure that Steve could find a suitable hiding spot before Deadshot could get a good kill shot. That's when Steve would realize that he can't get close and would try to ricochet the shield towards Deadshot.

That was a sick gif. Didn't remember that, tbh. But he was exposed when he threw the shield.

Not really. The two sides of the pillar that's in the shot is out of the line of sight of the shooter. The only part I'd argue was really exposed was his hand but even then that was only for a short moment.

And Steve really didn't have to kick the guy. Talk about overkill.

I know right?

#29 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

What a horrible mismatch

#30 Posted by Iragexcudder (9464 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#31 Posted by gokuss4z (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

In a head on encounter I'd give to cap but with full gear and in character the team takes this easily.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#32 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15388 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_kidd: he literally just needs to distract for like 4 secs then boom headshot.

#33 Posted by RBT (27160 posts) - - Show Bio

@dstreet45:

No I'm assuming that Steve would block with his shield and get to cover before Deadshot decides to shoot at his legs. Granted it probably won't take very long for Deadshot to realize that, but the battle field has a good amount of cover as per OP so I figure that Steve could find a suitable hiding spot before Deadshot could get a good kill shot. That's when Steve would realize that he can't get close and would try to ricochet the shield towards Deadshot.

Only most of the time, Steve does not go into cover when he has the shield. He rushes the shooter. And if Steve really does go in cover, it'll just give more time to Floyd and Bruce to get behind cover themselves.

Not really. The two sides of the pillar that's in the shot is out of the line of sight of the shooter. The only part I'd argue was really exposed was his hand but even then that was only for a short moment.

And that is all the time Floyd needs to get a shot in. He was insanely fast.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
#34 Edited by bowlt_swagg_320 (2244 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot solos

#35 Posted by Lucano (3405 posts) - - Show Bio

If Steve plays really, really smart, he has a chance. But I'm going with the team for a majority.

#36 Posted by _Logos_ (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk feels like Batman could solo too.

#37 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36601 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps

#38 Edited by DSTREET45 (5244 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Only most of the time, Steve does not go into cover when he has the shield. He rushes the shooter.

Probably because the shield was his only cover during those times or they were close enough for him to attack after the initial block. He used a car as cover in the highway fight when Bucky was shooting at him, he also hid behind that pillar in the gif I posted, he kept moving and hid behind cover when fighting against multiple HYDRA gunmen on one of the helicarriers in Winter Soldier. He's shown that he's willing to use cover when need be.

And if Steve really does go in cover, it'll just give more time to Floyd and Bruce to get behind cover themselves.

Maybe Batman but Deadshot doesn't usually go for cover. Street fight, office fight, fight against Incubus, fight against Enchantress, Deadshot didn't hid behind cover. And why would he suddenly do so against Steve? He doesn't know about the shield's capabilities or even Steve's. To him Steve is basically unarmed. And Steve

And that is all the time Floyd needs to get a shot in. He was insanely fast.

Fast enough to shoot at a small target that he doesn't know is coming out of the pillar and is only in the line of sight for a fraction of a second? Any proof that Deadshot has reflexes fast enough to react to something that small in a small period of time? And even if he is, shooting Steve's hand won't change much if anything since the shield is already out of his hand by then (it's only in the line of sight during the follow through) and Steve have fought through worse bullet injuries than a bullet to the hand.

Avatar image for xzenix-everdeen
#39 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3725 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot shoots him.

#40 Posted by sportjames23 (1049 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk feels like Batman could solo too.

How?

#41 Posted by comic_fan123 (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55 said:

#42 Posted by JBob (373 posts) - - Show Bio

fresh prince deadshot, he was able to survive the dumpster fire that was Suicide Squad...that puts him at high skyfather level if not cosmic abstract entity.

#43 Posted by buildhare (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap would nigh fodderize Batfleck, but even that is enough for deadshot.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#44 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps.

#45 Posted by LDM (5361 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Black_Arrow (10241 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by lubub55 (12877 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
#49 Posted by deactivated-5a220d15cc740 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, Batfleck ain't useless. He'd give Cap a better fight than Batroc and Rumlow did. Not saying that Cap can't win here though. There's plenty of cover here and he got his shield as well.

#50 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5519 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Cap takes deadshot out via something similar to this, then proceeds to beat Bruce in a good throw down