(Canon)Rotj Luke Skywalker and Rebels Ashoka vs Rots Kenobi and TpM Qui gon jinn

Hush114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Battle starts 20 feet apart.

Fighters are not in character and see each other as threats.

Win by death or incapacitation.

Rotj Luke any canon material that takes place prior to rotj can be used.

Kenovi as of rots.

Tpm qui gon.

And Ashoka(fulcrum) from rebels.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a hard one. I would say this depends on how you view Luke's fight with Vader. If he truly bested Vader team one wins. If Vader held back due to conflict, and if the force was compelling Luke to win this fateful battle, then I think the fight is almost dead even, with maybe team 2 winning due to Luke being the least experienced.

Hush114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hush114: I kind of feel it was circumstantial. I really don't see how Luke could beat a serious prime Vader if he has only been in one lightasber duel beforehand. But then again Rey was able to beat Kylo even though she never dueled before... But if I were to use the dueling scale I would put Luke at either a high 7 or a low 8. He might be able to defeat Qui-gon but I have a hard time seeing him people like Dooku, Maul, ep3 Kenobi/Anakin.

I would probably rate the characters here like this

Qui-gon<=Luke<=>Ahsoka<=Obi-wan

But now that I think about it Qui-gon and Obi-wan would probably have much better teamwork so I'll go with them.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team one

Luke beats Qui-Gon and then they gang up on Kenobi

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Luke Has some pretty solid feats between ANH and ESB like dueling Magnaguards the Gamemaster fighting anzati using a force push that shook a star destroyer casually using a force push on wedge the whole battle on scariff beating boba fett while blind etc.... Personally I’ve always viewed this period as Luke’s Padawan period which caps off at his first duel with Vader (who he legit tagged a blow on that would’ve been lethal to literally anyone else) which for me really shows Luke’s near unprecedented potential

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alextheboss
dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinn is the weak link. Probably Team 1. Though RotS Kenobi could very well be MVP.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: yep most of them take place in the main star wars title frim marvel

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123: agreed i honestly would put mid TCW Anakin in because i see him and Luke as on par

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jerrah13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grinningf0x

He doesn't. Qui-Gon is largely irrelevant in this match, as his canon incarnation just isn't up to par with later duelists.

Luke and Ahsoka are far and away the winners, though Obi-Wan could give them both a good challenge.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jerrah13: agreed qui-gon is just outmatched in every way but im open to a argument for him winning

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123: could i pick your brain a bit about Luke ?

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: where do you place Luke in regards to dueling skill ? Tier 6, 7, or 8

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grinningf0x: ep 5 Luke a 6, and ep 6 Luke either a high 7 or low 8. I think he might be able to out duel characters like Qui-gon, Ventress, Grievous, and most jedi masters, but I think he would be outdueled by Mace, Dooku, Maul, ep3 Obi-wan/Anakin.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grinningf0x:

I'm not sure where to place RotJ Luke. I'd still say Kenobi is MVP.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123: i get that especially end of ROTS Kenobi but anywhere lower than that and luke either stalemates or wins

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: i just really can’t reconcile that with him tagging Vader in ESB. I know i know Vader was holding back on Cloud City but Luke proved that underestimating him to that degree is a fatal mistake. When he struck Vader, at least for me proved he was at least a high 6.

The final duel with Vader is mired in circumstance but that doesn’t discredit the feat. It was obvious that both Lukr and Vader were unenthusiastic about fighting each other and fought as equals. With Vader on the offensive . Luke’s rage amp at the end secured him the win but they fought evenly which is my main point.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: oh and come on with the low end showings as a means to discredit him as a duelist. I haven’t brought up any of the other teams lower showings mostly because i think we all have a rough estimate of everyone’s capabilities and we all understand what everyone can do when properly motivated

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: When did Luke get disarmed by Jabba’s men?

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: correct but I’m sure if went digging i could find some ridiculously low showing for any of these guys but I’m not because i find it unhelpful.

And most high end duels between top tiers are chcok full of circumstance

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolfrazer

@richard96: Ignoring the novel, since this is Canon(and even then according to the novel, Luke was also faced with a deck gun + the 5, ya know the huge cannon emplacement and he had also been making sure his hand was working since it got blasted and honestly, it's not like he was gonna be in any danger given the speed he was going and how he was tearing through Jabba's men so who cares?), the movie shows him just getting a blaster bolt to his hand(while addressing Leia on what to do) and then proceeding to still kill Jabba's men.

So I mean....and even if you wanna bring it up, that's hardly grounds to call him an inferior fighter here.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dark-sith123

Luke was distracted when he was hit.

But let's talk about Dooku being completely outmatched vs a bunch of pirates when he wasn't distracted.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Luke and Ahsoka should definitely take the win

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-gon Jin suffers from what I’d like to call pt 1 Kakashi syndrome. Its where you’re introduced as the average representation of a rank so people obviously scale above you later on your n the story.

Ex: Kakashi is a Jonin and he’s really good dont get me wrong but Itachi, Orochimaru , Sarutobi, jiraiya, tsunade, would all fondle him in a 1v1

Qui-Gon has the same problem of being introduced as the benchmark for a Jedi Master in prequels and having everyone just scale above him Maul,Dooku,Grievous,Yoda,Palps, Assaj, etc

It just the way it shakes out

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke stomps Jin by virtue if being younger , faster , stronger ,more powerful, better with a lightsaber and overall just his superior