Canon Inquisitors vs Shadow Guards (EU)

TG_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Emperor Palpatine accidentally wormholes three of his Shadow Guards from the EU continuity into the new canon and they face off against three inquisitors after killing Eighth Brother upon arrival. Sam Witwer (Maul) flees and the Jedi chase him, leaving the three Inquisitors left behind. Do they win?

No Caption Provided

The Grand Inquisitor

No Caption Provided

Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister

VERSUS

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battles takes place at the Sith Temple on Malachor. Who wins?

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow guards stomp in a mismatch.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow guards stomp.

TG_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg_15: Shadow guards scale above TFU Ti who was a fair fight for hindered early game Marek who could throw around TIE Fighters with no issue, blow apart corvettes and create tornadoes out of thousands of droids.

TG_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg_15: Not really. They matched him rather well.

Out of the cloud of metal fragments leapt a second of the Emperor's Sith assassins, saber-staff upraised. The apprentice met him with a clash of sparks and lightning.

Sith against Sith, they fought backward and forward through the broad, metal-lined space. This assassin was more proficient than the first, wiry and strong with a good reach and penchant for telekinetically throwing items from inside the apprentice's blind spot. He proved to be tough work

Force Unleashed Novelisation

Remember Shaak faced Galen on a huge LS nexus amping her and hindering him after he had fought through an army. Meanwhile this Shadow Guard challenged Galen on neutral ground after he had grown more powerful.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolfrazer

@greysentinel365: Not that I don't agree the SG win, I'm not sure I'd agree with them being above Ti frankly...except perhaps in martial prowess, Force I wouldn't. But even still, there are more things to look at, you can also scale them from the Sun Guards and Royal Guards as well, oh and Jedi/other Force Users they hunted down. Plus I don't think the Inquisitors would have an answer for Force Lighting and the SGs have longer reach and a more durable weapon with their pikes being made out of phrik.

TG_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg_15: I'd say so, his two biggest victories had circumstances behind them. At normal levels, I didn't really find much in the way of his dueling to be really huge. I mean the SG's don't have too much either given they only appeared in TFU material, but their scaling is greater and more martial/dueling oriented with actual feats behind such scaling too.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guards smash.

TG_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Do u think one guard can beat the GI in a 1v1?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer

@tg_15: Don't see why not, the Guard wouldn't have the disadvantages Kanan had while also having a much better weapon in terms of durability compared to the GI's saber and range compared to both the GI's saber and Kanan's own which they actually use to their advantage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

TG_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Well, idk if there are any visuals to say the SG's are better duelists, since the Inquisitors seem faster (GI and 7th Sister; minus the 5th Brother) and can fly. But then phrik staves are a massive advantage over breakable helicopter rotors which can break with lightsaber clashes.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wolfrazer

@tg_15: SG's have their fights with Marek who's pretty quick himself and a good duelist, then there's also scaling from the Royal Guards, then there's also scaling from the standard Jedi Knights from Legends who are frankly a cut above what the Canon has going for the standard.

Also flying isn't really much an advantage here for the Inquisitors given The Force, if anything it's a worse option for them to start flying as they'll have no real way to defend themselves. The SGs won't stand there and watch them fly.

Plus Force Lighting, zap zap.

TG_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: So even the run of a mill Shadow Guard beats the Grand Inquisitor or the Seventh Sister (minus Fifth Brother because he's kinda trash) in a duel?

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolfrazer

@tg_15: I'd say so, I mean frankly the Inquisitors only opponent thus far has been Kanan. The GI did fight Jocasta Nu in a duel, but she was noted to be not that great of a lightsaber combatant so....eh...not much there. I mean Kanan is good, but at the same time when he fought the GI he was rusty the first time, their 2nd encounter the GI did say he improved via training with Ezra who had just also started his training.

Their last encounter, Kanan had just been tortured and when he thought Ezra had died he went into the whole "I have nothing left to fear" amp and stomped the GI. Then later on, Kanan gets beaten by the GI again in that whole vision when he becomes a Knight so...he clearly doesn't seem to get on the GI's level dueling wise.

Maul was another amped moment.

The Disney Inquisitors just haven't been all that great in dueling apart from the GI, but then you just look at the competition and compare...ehh...it's ok for Disney, but in the overall grand scheme of including everything in SW? It's not much.

Plus their lightsabers are honestly a joke, too big a target compared to the standard lightsaber with the ringed emitter which is stupid to have, the spinning gimmick is the dumbest thing ever.

The SGs have more going for them in the dueling department in the fact that...they are good duelists even if you just go scale them. Though their small fight with Galen is also nice too. This isn't counting the other advantages they have either.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump: Shadows stomp. Even GI, their best, has no feats to surpass their accolades and scaling.

The average Shadow Guard by accolades has mastered the Force and can use Force Lightning, is a master of the lightsaber, plus every other weapon and h2h style in existence.

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Guards stomps.

EU characters are too powerful.

Laskt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadows stomp

gideongarner01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gideongarner01

Post Felucia Galen deemed one to be tough work. One shadow guard would probably be enough to solo the inquisitors team.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow Guards can literally avoid getting ragdolled by Marek, the same person who can guide a falling ISD (with engine failure and the assistance of gravity). They can even stagger and push him back with the force. Contending with him, even in sabers, is SO far above anything the Inquisitors have ever done. I think one SG could stomp all 3.

For the record, Shadow Guards are incredibly cool. So much better than the helicopter spinwheel Jedi Hunters we got.