Can you defeat this dodgeball team?

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CosmicDude

Team- Spiderman, Yoda (no offensive force), Midnighter (no doors), Captain America, Edward Cullen (speed nerfed). See restrictions below.

Setting - high school gym the size of a basketball court with no other objects or people except for the players. Four walls and ceiling are in play and rebounds are okay. After 3 minutes, if the teams are still playing, the court size shrinks 25%. Repeat every 3 minutes until there is a winner.

Two teams of five players. Each team gets three balls at the start of the game. Best 2 games out of three. Team has 2 minutes to prep before the match (introductions, whatever strategy they can devise). No prior knowledge of opponents until 10 seconds before the match. Feats from movies, comics, and books apply. Teamwork is a consideration.

Standard dodgeball rules unless otherwise stated.

Restrictions - maximum speed 100 mph, no intangibility, reality warping, probability or time manipulation, no teleportation, TK, offensive TP, precognition, or illusions, no summons, weapons or defensive items.

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

NoQualms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres teams that would beat this team. Say ant-man makes the ball the size of the stadium.And has someone like superman throw it. Thered be like no where to dodge it.

Avatar image for clark_kent_2017
Clark_Kent_2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow, Deadshot, Bullseye, Deadpool Daredevil

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noqualms: I thought about size changing, but don't think that would work against this team. Spiderman and Cap both know Ant-Man and have 10 seconds prep after finding out the opponents. Cullen can read minds and all can input into Midnighter's Battle Computer. Even if he throws a giant ball, it's round and there are corners open where the ball wouldn't reach.

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Domino

Dead shot

Dare devil

Taskmaster

Deadpool

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CosmicDude

@clark_kent_2017: They are all great shots. Not sure they could beat someone who reads minds, has spider sense, or the force and all are very fast and agile. With each team having three balls to start, Midnighter would suggest a strategy to take out one or more players early to optimize chances for the win. Also, do you think teamwork would be an issue for your team? Don't think it would be a problem with Cap, Yoda and the rest.

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@miekskywalker: I'm not too familiar with Domino except from the Deadpool 2 movie. Is that basically a form of probability manipulation (luck)?

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicdude: Yeah, it’s good but doesn’t always work if it’s one sided

E.g her v cable

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CosmicDude

@miekskywalker: Thanks. That could work unless my team is able to take her out immediately. With mind reading, some shared universe knowledge, the force, and battle computer that's still possible.

NoQualms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think my plan could work if the balls way too big much larger than the stadium even if you knew it was coming but I won't make this a thing. Also by abusing the rules antman is still an insanely good choice; you'd never be able hit anyone on his team as the stadium gets smaller and smaller. It might take 9 hours probably a lot less but but eventually there wouldn't even be enough space for yoda. For a real team I'd pick martian manhunter, Garnet, hisoka, bullseye, and Foxy. Martian manhunter for the mindlink, garnet or someone spidesque for prediction purpose and dodgeing. Hisoka for retrieving the ball and bullseye for the trick shots. I also added Foxy from one piece since he can slow down objects and people.If that counts as time manipulation i'd add spidey back in.

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By basicfan30

I like this thread very much but think I found the easy win with Sue Storm. I accidentally picked 6 so run it twice first time with Kintaro second with Sue.

Miles Morales because similar speed and reflexes as spidey but also camouflage ( yes i know this wouldn't work on everyone but still a good ability to have while playing dodge ball ) Antman damn near impossible to hit. Hawkeye excellent aim. Bestboy difficult to hit because he can change size and should also be able to throw pretty hard. Kintaro might not have good team work but four arms and decent speed/strength is a good thing in dodge ball.

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noqualms: Yeah, I thought about Ant-Man when I made the thread, but tried to not have an "automatic" win. Your shrink strategy would probably work unless Yoda or Midnighter could come up with a plan. Cullen's mind reading would be helpful to possibly adjust to this. Slowing down objects and people would probably fit under time manipulation. Turtle would crush it with an auto-win.

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@basicfan30: Thanks! Would hitting Sue's force field with a ball count as a win? Seems that it would be unfair otherwise since you could never hit her body. Her invisibility would be tough, but Yoda can sense invisible things with the force and mind reading could help a lot. Remember it's best 2 games out of 3. Midnighter would be much more prepared for the second and third games. Think he could come up with something very competitive after seeing your team in action for game 1.

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@basicfan30: Thanks! Would hitting Sue's force field with a ball count as a win? Seems that it would be unfair otherwise since you could never hit her body. Her invisibility would be tough, but Yoda can sense invisible things with the force and mind reading could help a lot. Remember it's best 2 games out of 3. Midnighter would be much more prepared for the second and third games. Think he could come up with something very competitive after seeing your team in action for game 1.

Well thats why I said "think I found the easy win with Sue Storm" She could protect her whole team. I guess the shield would have to come down so her side could throw balls and this would give the other side a chance. It being two out of three I think makes it closer and I think between our teams it was already close. I think my side might have an advantage because two of my guys can change size and one has camo and another has invisibility.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Apocofist

Karate Kid- Shaolin soccer.

Goro- 4 FREAKING ARMS!... and agility.

Hawkeye & Ant Man- No need for explanation.

Venom (Eddie Brock)- Versatility.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior Spiderman (Otto)

Scarlet Spider (Ben)

Scarlet Spider (Kaine)

Spiderman (Miles)

Spiderman (Pete)

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apocofist: You have 7 players instead of 5 so it's hard to judge. I'm not sure how more arms is actually better since there is more area that can be hit. Would Doc Ock be another step up? Gibson would be a great shot, but he can be hit as well. By taking him out early (perhaps in games 2 and 3 after observing his performance and reading his mind in game 1), your hax would be reduced.

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothsanta: The mega Spidey team. Tough! I did think about this one. Peter and Cap would have a very good understanding of what this team can do. There may be extra abilities for some of the Spidermen that I'm not aware of, but don't think they are peak speed while Cullen is. With his mind reading it's very difficult to confuse him. I wonder if there is a way to confuse the Spidersense of so many Spidermen in close proximity (your five plus Peter on my team). If so, Peter would likely be aware of this or Cullen could mind read it or Yoda could sense it and input into Midnighter's Battle Computer.

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apocofist: I'm not very familiar with 2 characters on your team so it's still somewhat hard for me to judge. Ant-Man's size changing was commented on earlier. It would be nearly impossible to stop it he just went small, for example. Assuming it's against the rules to change the size of the ball though would make that option less of an issue (after the fact change). Team work could be an issue with Venom and others from different universes. Could they get ready in only two minutes to start game 1 for introductions and any strategy? Would they improve their performance in games 2 and 3?

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicdude: I'll drop Ant Man for Plastic Man and who exactly are you not familiar with?

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apocofist: Karate Kid and Goro. I assumed there would be teams that can win game 1, but my team should improve it's strategy and performance in games 2 and 3.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread really nerfs any team we make lol. Fine, I'll go with:

Cassandra Cain, Beast, Silk (Cindy Moon), Beast Boy, and Prometheus.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanted to chose Gilgamesh, but no weapons damn it!

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: Yeah, sorry about the many nerfs. Didn't want auto wins, but it would be fun to make a higher tier version and see what people come up with. This version focused mostly on skill, team work, and smarts. The more I think about it, many teams can possibly win game one, but I think they would struggle in the next two games.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ant-Man

Reed Richards (Ultimate)

Hawkeye

Madrox

Miles Morales

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicdude: At least it's not flat out impossible, right? Plus it's still a fun challenge. I'll stick with my team here.

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellatedcolt: I think Reed would be most valuable for rounds 2 and 3. Basically going up against the Battle Computer to determine the optimal strategy. I don't know about Madrox, but wonder if the team would work well with Reed?

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CosmicDude
@indomitableregal said:

@cosmicdude: At least it's not flat out impossible, right? Plus it's still a fun challenge. I'll stick with my team here.

Exactly!

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicdude: I think Miles goes invisible and acts as the catcher, my Peter engaged yours. Ben and Kaine go on offense and Web each others balls back to them. Otto Spidey can also go on defence having his extra arms will be useful.

All Cullen is going to get from reading their minds is that he's going to get wrecked by Team Web.

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellatedcolt: I think Reed would be most valuable for rounds 2 and 3. Basically going up against the Battle Computer to determine the optimal strategy. I don't know about Madrox, but wonder if the team would work well with Reed?

Yeah, my mindset is that Madrox is the distractor. If Madrox can make multiple expendable clones, that could spare/save time for the other teammates. Opponents would be confused due to the number of clones there are. Also, getting rid of Madrox requires one to hit the "original" host.

For instance, Cap throws a ball at Madrox. Then, he snaps his fingers and pulls his clone in front of the path. Clone gets hit instead of Madrox, thus resulting in Madrox still safe from elimination. Madrox now has the ball.

I'm not sure of the full extent of Midnighter's battle computer though... Is it usable on multiple minds at once? If there were 4 men, all thinking independently, would his battle computer still track all of them simultaneously? If not, then Madrox is a good choice.

(But I think this is bending the rules a bit.)

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothsanta: Your Spider team is very tough. Pretty much maximum agility, smart, invisible for Miles, and should have very good teamwork. However, I'm not sure that's enough.

Agility - Peter (my team), Yoda, Cap, and Midnighter are all very agile. Cullen is too, but it's more top speed and near instant reaction times. So very similar to your team. Perhaps some a bit less, others maybe a tiny bit higher.

Smart - Pretty much even with your team, except with 900 years of experience with Yoda, Cullen having pretty much perfect mind reading, and Midnighter's Battle Computer along with the original Spiderman. Think my team has the edge especially in rounds 2 and 3.

Invisible - You have the edge there, but it's not 100% one sided. Cullen and Yoda can both sense Miles and eventually, whenever he interacts with the ball, it will be noticed by the others. Midnighter will help with a plan to compensate.

Teamwork - Think this could go either way. Your team should do great although they are mostly young. Yoda and Cap are amazing leaders with huge experience. Cullen is over 100 years old. Midnighter and Spiderman have fought with complex teams.

Could go either way in an actual battle. Thanks!

CosmicDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stellatedcolt: Interesting with clones. It's not a summons so would be okay, but I'm not sure if hitting a clone would count or not. Would have to get a ruling on this from the referee (;-), but let's assume it's okay although there would have to be a limit on the number of clones so as not to overwhelm the space. Midnighter's Battle Computer is able to work across groups and complex situations. I wonder if Yoda or Cullen could also sense the original?

StellatedColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By StellatedColt

@stellatedcolt: Interesting with clones. It's not a summons so would be okay, but I'm not sure if hitting a clone would count or not. Would have to get a ruling on this from the referee (;-), but let's assume it's okay although there would have to be a limit on the number of clones so as not to overwhelm the space. Midnighter's Battle Computer is able to work across groups and complex situations. I wonder if Yoda or Cullen could also sense the original?

Lol yeah. It's kinda bending the rules a bit. If the original clone can be indifferentiable from TP from Yoda and Cullen, then this can discombobulate the team. Well, at least that's the goal.

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicdude: Yoda and Cap are great leaders but when it comes to dodge ball your team are from different eras or parts of the multiverse. Yoda would have minimal skill in the game, and Cap is from the 40's where I'm sure he wouldn't have even heard of it.

The good thing about my team is that most of them have the memories of Peter and his childhood/teen years where I'm sure he would have played the game atleast on a few occasions. Miles is also in his teens and I'm sure he has a few tricks or two up his sleeve in regards of how to play.

I think their experience will make up for lack of leadership, and their skill and abilities outdo most of their opponents.

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your team vs mine hope OP doesn't mind me asking

I like this thread very much but think I found the easy win with Sue Storm. I accidentally picked 6 so run it twice first time with Kintaro second with Sue.

Miles Morales because similar speed and reflexes as spidey but also camouflage ( yes i know this wouldn't work on everyone but still a good ability to have while playing dodge ball ) Antman damn near impossible to hit. Hawkeye excellent aim. Bestboy difficult to hit because he can change size and should also be able to throw pretty hard. Kintaro might not have good team work but four arms and decent speed/strength is a good thing in dodge ball.

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By basicfan30

@apocofist said:

This team is pretty good but probably would have terrible team work. thoughts on my team? yes I know i have one guy that likely wouldn't play well with others too.

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump again

basicfan30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I've got another team Yulaw (speed, strength, accuracy ) , Subzero ( mid air ball freezing, speed, strength), Blink ( maybe another OP character in this comp) Doc Oct ( multi arms, smart ) Super Skrull ( Strength, sheilds, evasion, mid air ball melting)