Avatar image for greysentinel365
#3801 Posted by Greysentinel365 (5628 posts) - - Show Bio
#3802 Posted by ANTHP2000 (23992 posts) - - Show Bio

Can these MCU characters replicate Hela's feat of shattering Mjolnir with any means of destructive output?

No Caption Provided
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Thor (with the Stormbreaker)
  • Vision
  • Dr Strange
  • Thanos (with the Power Stone)

#3803 Posted by Amcu (15466 posts) - - Show Bio
#3804 Posted by Amcu (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Thanos with the power gem can. You could also make the case for Stormbreaker cutting into it since it cut so deep into Thanos.

No one else is coming close to it though. TBH I've thought about the feat more and more and I really don't see any reason that it shouldn't be applied to Hela's physical strength. We literally just see her squeeze her hands and break it "like a piece of glass". Makes me think Hela's just way stronger than people give her credit for.

#3805 Posted by RBT (26301 posts) - - Show Bio
#3806 Posted by GraniteVision (3108 posts) - - Show Bio

Could MCU Ronan tank this?

No Caption Provided
#3807 Posted by AngelJax (11255 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Scarlet Witch and Thanos could. Maybe Strange with a really powerful energy beam or some type of dismantling spell but hard to say for him atm.

#3808 Posted by AngelJax (11255 posts) - - Show Bio

@greysentinel365: Cap's since I would assume that S.H.I.E.L.D./HYDRA would have a more advanced version of the tasers that personal body guards would have.

#3809 Posted by ThunderPrince (6783 posts) - - Show Bio

Can these MCU characters replicate Hela's feat of shattering Mjolnir with any means of destructive output?

No Caption Provided
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Thor (with the Stormbreaker)
  • Vision
  • Dr Strange
  • Thanos (with the Power Stone)

Only Thanos.

#3810 Posted by King-Ragnar (3268 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Can MCU Iron Fist replicate this with a Chi empowered Sword?

#3811 Edited by ThunderPrince (6783 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#3812 Edited by ThunderPrince (6783 posts) - - Show Bio

Can WODC Superman no-sell this explosion?

No Caption Provided

#3813 Posted by The_Hajduk (5535 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#3814 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

No and No

#3815 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: It's nuke from Jessica jones.

#3816 Posted by Oreoghoul (1649 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Can IW Iron Man replicate this?

#3817 Posted by RBT (26301 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@rbt: It's nuke from Jessica jones.

Dammit. Looked like Cap.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#3818 Posted by blackpantherisb (6638 posts) - - Show Bio
#3819 Posted by Jotun (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Can any live action comicbook character replicate this?

No Caption Provided

Must defend from, and go untagged against four skilled opponents attacking simultaneously.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#3820 Edited by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

LA street tier that can replicate Fox Juggernaut's feat of pulling a dude out of line of a bullet without seeing it

No Caption Provided

#3821 Posted by Amcu (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jotun said:

No Caption Provided

Must defend from, and go untagged against four skilled opponents attacking simultaneously.

How skilled are they?

MCU Cap did this effortlessly in a tie in comic.

No Caption Provided

#3822 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: They were black belts. I don't think much else is known about them.

#3823 Posted by Amcu (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Hmm. Thanks for the info. Steve's opponents in his feat aren't black belts but he did it so casually, I think he could do this as well. Some others could do it too.

#3824 Posted by jashro44 (51888 posts) - - Show Bio
#3825 Edited by Jotun (137 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

Three of them had just defeated and brutalized another Martial Arts teacher.

@amcu - I guess thats close enough. However do you believe anyone, including Cap could do it based on what they've done on screen, not tie in comics?

#3826 Posted by ThunderPrince (6783 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Can MCU Cap tank this?

#3827 Posted by Amcu (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jotun said:

Three of them had just defeated and brutalized another Martial Arts teacher.

@amcu - I guess thats close enough. However do you believe anyone, including Cap could do it based on what they've done on screen, not tie in comics?

Yes with scaling. T'Challa managed to notably outskill Killmonger in their final fight and Steve in his turn was dancing around T'Challa's own strikes. Erik was capable of fighting multiple Dora Milaje simultaneously and each one of them are capable of defeating multiple Outriders and beating 2 standard Wakandan soldiers at once. That being while they are solo and I believe it is confirmed that they work better together as a team.

Its not a clean cut comparison because Erik's feat was with weapons. However, I don't think that's a huge issue because based on his fight with M'Baku, T'Challa's not really much better with a sword than H2H. I think these feats should apply. So I'd argue that anyone on T'Challa's level or above should have the skill to do something like this though very few have done anything directly similar.

#3828 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@jotun said:

No Caption Provided

I know it’s not as good, but this is as close as it gets from what I remember for LA

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Considering all those fighters are trained, and implied to be the best of their respective dojo’s (based on colleen sending her best student here) and that Danny was fighting with a large piece of metal in his gut, i thought it was worth mentioning.

#3829 Posted by KanyeCosby (6633 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Can DCEU Superman replicate this strength feat by Fleischer Superman?

Avatar image for totallynotjucas
#3830 Posted by TotallyNotJucas (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Can MCU Hawkeye or CW Arrow replicate what this guy does in the video?

Loading Video...

Some highlights:

• Cutting an arrow in half while it's in the air with his own arrow
  • Jumping, grabbing an arrow out of the air, and shooting it back before hitting the ground
  • Shooting three arrows in 0.6 seconds
#3831 Edited by webinyoureye11 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio
#3832 Posted by AngelJax (11255 posts) - - Show Bio
#3833 Posted by Amcu (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it.

#3834 Posted by Chimeroid (9178 posts) - - Show Bio

Can MCU Hawkeye or CW Arrow replicate what this guy does in the video?

Loading Video...

Some highlights:

• Cutting an arrow in half while it's in the air with his own arrow
  • Jumping, grabbing an arrow out of the air, and shooting it back before hitting the ground
  • Shooting three arrows in 0.6 seconds

Especially if they are fired from toy bows he uses in his video. Btw, in the Archer communities, this guy is hated as fuck. Everyone recognizes that he is an accomplished trick-shooter, but he is presenting himself as a mystical being who figured out long-forgotten techniques (that we all knew about for, like, ever). Everything is posisble with a 25-pound bow. Heck, i easily caught arrows from a 40-pounder. But, trust me i wouldn't have the balls to stand in front of a 80-pound bow.

Avatar image for totallynotjucas
#3835 Posted by TotallyNotJucas (333 posts) - - Show Bio

hm

#3836 Edited by The_Magister (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: Yes, he can. Matt's building the maximum possible tension on the metal coil with his baton by twisting it at a joint, and then snapping it. It's really not as impressive as people are making it out to be. Matt's strength is massively overrated, and that may be the least overrated part about him.

@amcu I don't think it's that hard tbh, bro. Even May could snap out of reinforced zip ties (around half the tensile strength of steel handcuffs) rather easily without twisting and leveraging as much as Matt did, and we know how May compares to Ward physically.

@angeljax Can Matt replicate these with his fists? Note that kicks tend to have at-least twice the power of punches. He has to send the guys flipping/rotating just as much as Ward does.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#3837 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: zip ties are not even half as thick as the lock. need to show me some better feats for me to believe ward can do it

No Caption Provided

That bar is straight up thicker then handcuff chains, no way around it

#3838 Posted by Amcu (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: Like @webinyoureye11 said that is way thicker than zip ties. Admittedly it was performed with billy clubs and its hard to see exactly how its made but I think its a great deal better than May's feat.

It should also be noted that Matt was in horrible condition when he performed this feat. Just earlier that day he looked like this.

No Caption Provided

And by the end of the day he looked like this.

No Caption Provided

Its an excellent strength feat.

#3839 Posted by The_Magister (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: Countered by the fact that May had been tortured beforehand and did it with around 1/4th the effort. She also had far less leverage to work with, given that she was being restrained by the ties and couldn't really move her arm.

Matt was struggling, exerting, and causing maximum tension at a joint to do what he did. His strength might easily be his most overrated attribute, dude gets picked up and flung around or slammed by big thugs every season.

#3840 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5328 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: Countered by the fact that May had been tortured beforehand and did it with around 1/4th the effort. She also had far less leverage to work with, given that she was being restrained by the ties and couldn't really move her arm.

Matt was struggling, exerting, and causing maximum tension at a joint to do what he did. His strength might easily be his most overrated attribute, dude gets picked up and flung around or slammed by big thugs every season.

when did May do this? Also, i disagree with her torture compensating for the gap in strength. It’s not like Matt was at his best, and again, zip ties are much thinner than the lock.

#3841 Posted by The_Magister (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@webinyoureye11: @amcuIn 2x04, I think.

And fair enough. I don't want to lowball that feat too much. If we just go by the thickness of the lock though, I don't see anyone doing that really. Except for maybe M'Baku, Fisk, people like that. Oliver, Frank, Ward, Bruce, nobody on that physical tier is doing that if we just go by the thickness of the metal coil. Matt probably shouldn't either, given how he gets picked up and manhandled by generic big dudes every season.

What do you think of Matt replicating those striking feats I posted above?

Also: can Matt take two direct punches from a Centipede Soldier this well?:

No Caption Provided

Wanted to point out that we see a few seconds later that he is back up and fighting in the background. Took a screenshot:

No Caption Provided

We all know these supersoldiers' feats. Physically above Cap, yadda yadda yadda.

#3842 Edited by Amcu (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: Judging visually(which is how I would judge a feat like that)Matt can take it. He got sent flying a similar distance by Elektra IIRC and got straight to his feet. But if you scale to Centipede soldiers better feats than Matt dies or is hospitalized.

#3843 Edited by The_Magister (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: I usually scale, but fair enough. Two different ways of seeing a feat I suppose.

@webinyoureye11 The more I look at the feat, the less it makes sense to me. Fisk took like 10x the time to snap out of a metal cuff. It just makes me think Matt's isn't supposed to be sheer strength. By sheer strength, nobody short of M'Baku is doing that.

#3844 Posted by RBT (26301 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: It looked like a bike lock. I don't think the cable snapped. It like came loose off the lock.

#3845 Posted by The_Magister (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

@the_magister: It looked like a bike lock. I don't think the cable snapped. It like came loose off the lock.

What do you mean?

#3846 Posted by The_Magister (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu:@webinyoureye11 Ohhh ok I get what RBT is saying. And I agree. Matt didn't snap the metal itself, he loosened the coil from the lock component and snapped it off that way. That would make more sense, given how much the writers portrayed Fisk struggling with a single steel cuff for around 30+ seconds.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
#3847 Posted by Greysentinel365 (5628 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister: Matt scales above people who can replicate those punches.

#3848 Edited by The_Magister (13062 posts) - - Show Bio

@greysentinel365: Such as? I always saw Danny as physically superior in sheer striking/strength, Matt just outskilled him.