Can "X" Do This? Feat Analysis/Comparison Thread

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@jedixman: problem with this is this will eventually get too long. +There is a much higher chance the questions wouldnt get as many answers as before and replies to different questions being on the same page would make a mess. It will be much harder to find the answers you are looking for too. This is not a good idea.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By buildhare

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2 said:

@jedixman: problem with this is this will eventually get too long. +There is a much higher chance the questions wouldnt get as many answers as before and replies to different questions being on the same page would make a mess. It will be much harder to find the answers you are looking for too. This is not a good idea.

If only for quarantining these kinds of threads to one topic this is a great idea.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Honestly, this is an excellent idea. Can X do this threads stopped being original a long time ago with people asking asinine questions and adding to spam.

As long as the tagging system exists, the questions or answers wont be that hard to find.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 nwname  Moderator

@brucerogers: They dont need to be original. vs debate arent but they are the reason most people use this site. There being so many of these shows lots of people enjoy it.

For the answers, they will be spread over 50+ pages and will be mixed with answers for 10s of other debates.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mehhhh. Horrible idea

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't a good idea tbh

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@brucerogers: since there are so many threads like this i guess it may be one of the reasons for some people

i was talking about vs debates anyway

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This grouping is a bad idea and this thread will die out. Have fun locking threads that might spark a conversation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Finally.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This thread wouldn't exist if you guys hadn't turned general discussion into battle forum 2.0

Is this the best idea? Probably not, but turning a forum into something that it's not isn't either.

Avatar image for youshallnotpass
YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44@jedixman Why not just create a new forum for these type of threads? I just dont see this working out in the long run.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youshallnotpass: eh, that's almost a good idea. But besides these basic questions what else would go in there that wouldn't also fit under off topic or gen discussion

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64 higherpower  Moderator

@cor_tsar said:

@youshallnotpass: eh, that's almost a good idea. But besides these basic questions what else would go in there that wouldn't also fit under off topic or gen discussion

I think we should create a live action forum altogether.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheWatcherKing

^^^That's not a bad idea.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By buildhare

A new forum for the same cancerous threads have 0 effort put in and are entirely repetitive? Are you guys kidding?

They've been overdone to the point they're spam. They don't really deserve to exist let alone a forum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higherpower: They already are actually.

That is if you by "we" you mean the non-existent Comic Vine staff. Then yes, they are doing their best work on the newest updates.

(Lel Jk)

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rench already addressed that in another thread, said it can't be done.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking said:

Rench already addressed that in another thread, said it can't be done.

Yeah I saw it after I said that.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@cor_tsar: It could just be a discussion of feats and powerlevels. Maybe throw in tier lists and calcs.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#71 JediXMan  Moderator

For anyone complaining about this thread...

The overwhelming amount of threads about this clutter the boards. The choice is between having this thread and having them banned outright.

Pick your poison.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

^^^^^well said.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: My only question is, what are we really cluttering? It's not like these threads are blocking any actual good or original battles, just more LA ones.

But then again, I don't really care for these types of threads either.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44@jedixman Why not just create a new forum for these type of threads? I just dont see this working out in the long run.

No. That is a decision the engineers make not the moderators.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

A new forum for the same cancerous threads have 0 effort put in and are entirely repetitive? Are you guys kidding?

They've been overdone to the point they're spam. They don't really deserve to exist let alone a forum.

@jedixman said:

The overwhelming amount of threads about this clutter the boards. The choice is between having this thread and having them banned outright.

Pick your poison.

This

For anyone who thinks this is not going to work as one thread, visit the CaVs thread and see how well it works

Avatar image for deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243
deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can MCU Killmonger survive this?

No Caption Provided

YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think this is a good idea. Nothing about those threads were against the rules, and it seems silly to try to stop something that is helping keep the site alive. As much as people complained about those threads, they were very popular and always got a lot of responses. I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed anymore because some people find them annoying. I always thought they could be fun, and you simply aren't going to get the level of focused discussion about a feat in this thread compared to a thread dedicated to a feat. Already, the first two pages of this thread are just people giving their opinion on if this should be a thread or not.

Why are feat analysis or comparison threads any worse than all the battle threads? There are plenty of battle threads, plenty of off-topic threads, plenty of RPG threads, and I just don't see why comparison threads can't be allowed to exist too. You might as well make one giant thread for everything then. No more individual battle threads allowed, only one giant battle thread for every battle. Doesn't that seem a little silly? Especially if those threads are one of the most popular things on the website?

YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I don't think this is a good idea. Nothing about those threads were against the rules, and it seems silly to try to stop something that is helping keep the site alive. As much as people complained about those threads, they were very popular and always got a lot of responses. I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed anymore because some people find them annoying. I always thought they could be fun, and you simply aren't going to get the level of focused discussion about a feat in this thread compared to a thread dedicated to a feat. Already, the first two pages of this thread are just people giving their opinion on if this should be a thread or not.

Why are feat analysis or comparison threads any worse than all the battle threads? There are plenty of battle threads, plenty of off-topic threads, plenty of RPG threads, and I just don't see why comparison threads can't be allowed to exist too. You might as well make one giant thread for everything then. No more individual battle threads allowed, only one giant battle thread for every battle. Doesn't that seem a little silly? Especially if those threads are one of the most popular things on the website?

Great detailed response.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread wouldn't exist if you guys hadn't turned general discussion into battle forum 2.0

Is this the best idea? Probably not, but turning a forum into something that it's not isn't either.

To be fair, those threads should just be put into battle threads. Some rules are dumb and should be changed. Instead, we have methodical killing of various potential threads. As you can see, you post a feat and a question here, you will get 1 answer tops and no discussion. Nobody cares about these enough to check them at all, and not seeing what is being showcased really kills the point. If the problem was the fact that they were in the gen Discussion, wouldn't it be better to just move them to Battle threads?

@jedixman said:

Pick your poison.

Really? That is obviously a really bad way to approach the community. Not that i am surprised by that type of attitude by CV, but come on. Threads and discussions are what keeps forums alive and killing out threads will not make for a better forum viewing experience.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see it as "killing potential threads" I see it as keeping the forum concise and more organized. I'm grateful for this thread.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna lie, seems a little like a bad idea

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Avatar image for bluelettermedia
BlueLetterMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By BlueLetterMedia

@jashro44 said:

@ldm: Your not allowed to post links to websites that host comics. I'm gonna have to ban you for 3 days. Don't do it again.

Why is posting links from external image hosting websites against the rules all of a sudden? The "New Images/Scans Rule" thread specifically states the following:

"A workaround is by posting links to external photo/scan sites. We don't have any control over that. We just don't want the full scans on our site. Also, links to videos of the full comics are against the rules, as that is akin to linking to a pirated copy."

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/updated-clarified-new-images-scans-rule-1623136/

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluelettermedia: I mean sites that post entire comics online. Its piracy. Posting to something like imageshack or imgur is fine.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: Thank you. Something had to be done with these kind of threads.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@jayc1324 said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kanyecosby said:
@jayc1324 said:

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can MCU Spiderman do this?

No Caption Provided

ArtThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can MCU Hulk no sell this attack?

No Caption Provided

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can MCU Spiderman do this?

No Caption Provided

Yes, Peter is stronger than MCU Super/Centipede Soldiers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artthief: Did Miles just take out red hulk?

ArtThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

It happened at the end of the newest issue so I don't know if it K.O.d him or not.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@jashro44 said:

not the real Red Hulk, not Ross. this red hulk has been rather unimpressive in feats nothing short of Rhino Tear jobbing at the moment

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: Yea I know. But I thought he was a lot stronger than rhino.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#96  Edited By Warlockmage

@jashro44 said:

@warlockmage: Yea I know. But I thought he was a lot stronger than rhino.

ehh nothing from what I've seen him do has been anything anywhere close to impressive.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Dragonball is still banned?

Good.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 emperorthanos-  Moderator

So Dragonball is still banned?

Good.

That was your take away from this thread?

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldkingthanos: Nah.I said because even in these day flame war started Whenever someone create DB vs Another character

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Anyway could Thor or Post Crisis Superman replicate this feat?

Incredible Hulk #3, Hulk was able to create Earthquakes around the globe with just his own punches. This was a side effect of punching Hulked out Boars.