Avatar image for avengersasssemb
Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) 1 month, 16 days ago

Poll: Can Thor ragdoll Thanos (w/o Infinity Gauntlet) now? (31 votes)

Yes 71%
No 29%
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by el-kun (492 posts) - - Show Bio

By feats yes,

But I really do think we havnt seen d full extents of thanos power ,

I guess till endgame

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#2 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

Without breaking a sweat, I mean if he didn’t teleport away he would be dead. Thor destroyed him with every stone, I wouldn’t even want to imagine what he could do if he had no stones

#3 Posted by ElSebbe (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Thanos.

#4 Edited by EcstaticGrace (7146 posts) - - Show Bio

Ragdoll? Thor didnt become stronger then Thanos he just got a weapon to counter the Infinity Guantlet is all.

#5 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Ragdoll? Thor didnt become stronger then Thanos he just got a weapon to counter an incomplete Infinity Guantlet is all.

1. Thor can summon the Bifrost, which can destroy an entire planet.
  2. Thor has withstood the full force of a Neutron Star.
  3. Stormbreaker bested a complete Infinity Gauntlet.

Wrong on all accounts.

#6 Edited by phillip33 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

@avengersasssemb: Thor cannot rag doll thanos, just like he couldn’t ever rag doll the hulk. None of that pertains to Thor’s physical strength, which is what Thor would need to “rag doll” thanos. In pure physicals thanos beat down the hulk easier than Thor could ever dream of. And it was implied that thanos already beat him 1v1 off screen. Thor cannot rag doll thanos. He got the jump on thanos, that’s it. If I were a betting man, I’d bet thanos owns Thor in endgame.

And thanos was holding back the entire movie with the ig. Chances are he was only using as much power as he thought necessary to KO Thor here, as he had already encountered him, and had knowledge of Thor’s power level and just didn’t account for stormbreaker.

#7 Posted by Richubs (4233 posts) - - Show Bio

He already did

It's not as if Thanos weighs a lot so it can be done by other people too if he is ambushed like Thor

#8 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@avengersasssemb: Thor cannot rag doll thanos, just like he couldn’t ever rag doll the hulk. None of that pertains to Thor’s physical strength, which is what Thor would need to “rag doll” thanos. In pure physicals thanos beat down the hulk easier than Thor could ever dream of. And it was implied that thanos already beat him 1v1 off screen. Thor cannot rag doll thanos. He got the jump on thanos, that’s it. If I were a betting man, I’d bet thanos owns Thor in endgame.

And thanos was holding back the entire movie with the ig. Chances are he was only using as much power as he thought necessary to KO Thor here, as he had already encountered him, and had knowledge of Thor’s power level and just didn’t account for stormbreaker.

He was able to ragdoll Hulk with his lightning-charged punches. If Thor flew into the sky and resumed to dish out lightning bolts to Hulk, I fail to see how that wouldn't ragdoll Hulk. Also, you seem to forget that Thor's lightning-charged punches stagged Hulk and did more damage than Thanos did. A single punch from Thor nearly knocked the Hulk unconcious. Meanwhile, Thanos had to repeatedly strike the Hulk to put him down. Furthermore, Thanos had the Power Stone during his encounter with Thor, and he had the Black Order backing him up. Thor was also really burnt, so it's likely that Thanos was forced to use the Power Stone on him.

Thor initially got the jump on Thanos, but after Thanos was able to regain his composure, he was still humorously swatted aside like the insect he is. Thanos, despite having a complete Infinity Gauntlet, was utterly humiliasted by Thor. His (Thanos') expression also suggests that he wasn't holding back, he was fighting for his life. The expression Thanos had is the same one that Count Dooku had before Anakin beat him: meaning, he knew he was f*****.

#9 Posted by phillip33 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

@avengersasssemb: no he wasn’t. I wouldn’t call hitting someone and sending them flying ragdolling. That’s bound to happen in a fight between two heavy hitters who are around the same class. I’d consider ragdolling tossing someone around with no hope of them reallly being able to to do the same. Kinda like hulk vs Loki in avengers 1 or Superman vs steppenwolf in justice league. Thor’s lightning amped punches didn’t do more damage than thanos’s punches against hulk. After hulk landed from the last big lightning punch that Thor hit him with, he got up slowly, but he didn’t seem all that taken aback and had his hands up and was ready to keep fighting. After thanos landed his first punch on the hulk, the hulk was noticeably surprised and injured. Like thanos broke his collarbone with a casual strike. You als have to take into account that Thor had a good deal of built up momentum with his hit, thanos did all of his strikes from a relatively stationary position. And a single punch from Thor did not knock the hulk unconscious, he was never ko’d Throughout the entire fight. Even if that punch had actually knocked hulk unconscious, it wasn’t only that punch. A boxer doesn’t knock another boxer out after ten rounds with just one punch. It’s the accumulated damage from the entirety of the fight. Sure that single punch was probably the most impactful punch Thor threw throughout the fight, but that’s on top of a bunch of other very hard strokes from Thor.

Thanos was never “swatted aside”. Impaled by a weapon that he had not anticipated would be able to stand up to a casual blast from the full gauntlet. His expression in every one of his fights was serious, yet we know he was holding back through mout the movie. The only time it looked like he was fighting for his life was once he was already impales.

#10 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@avengersasssemb: no he wasn’t. I wouldn’t call hitting someone and sending them flying ragdolling. That’s bound to happen in a fight between two heavy hitters who are around the same class. I’d consider ragdolling tossing someone around with no hope of them reallly being able to to do the same. Kinda like hulk vs Loki in avengers 1 or Superman vs steppenwolf in justice league. Thor’s lightning amped punches didn’t do more damage than thanos’s punches against hulk. After hulk landed from the last big lightning punch that Thor hit him with, he got up slowly, but he didn’t seem all that taken aback and had his hands up and was ready to keep fighting. After thanos landed his first punch on the hulk, the hulk was noticeably surprised and injured. Like thanos broke his collarbone with a casual strike. You als have to take into account that Thor had a good deal of built up momentum with his hit, thanos did all of his strikes from a relatively stationary position. And a single punch from Thor did not knock the hulk unconscious, he was never ko’d Throughout the entire fight. Even if that punch had actually knocked hulk unconscious, it wasn’t only that punch. A boxer doesn’t knock another boxer out after ten rounds with just one punch. It’s the accumulated damage from the entirety of the fight. Sure that single punch was probably the most impactful punch Thor threw throughout the fight, but that’s on top of a bunch of other very hard strokes from Thor.

Thanos was never “swatted aside”. Impaled by a weapon that he had not anticipated would be able to stand up to a casual blast from the full gauntlet. His expression in every one of his fights was serious, yet we know he was holding back through mout the movie. The only time it looked like he was fighting for his life was once he was already impales.

Sending someone flying is what ragdolling is. Hulk and Thanos couldn't do anything to stop Thor from ragdolling the two of them once he got full access to his powerset.

1. In The Avengers Thor was fighting inside a closed environment, thus limiting his powerset.
  2. In Thor: Ragnarok, Thor didn't have Mjolnir, thus limiting his powerset.
  3. During Infinity War, Thor was ambushed by Thanos wielding the Power Stone and the Black Order.

However, when Thor gained access to Stormbreaker and his lightning abilities, he was ragdolling both Thanos and Hulk.

This single punch from Thor did more damage to the Hulk than Thanos ever did.
This single punch from Thor did more damage to the Hulk than Thanos ever did.

Hulk was knocked on his ass, whereas Thor landed on his feet. Hulk was staggered and took some time to recover. Had Thor continued pummeling him, there is virtually nothing that Hulk could do besides get ragdolled, which is why the fight was stopped. If you give Thor Mjolnir or Stormbreaker to further channel his lightning abilities, Hulk would be humorously thrown around like Thanos was.

The Hulk was not surprised or injured by the initial punch from Thanos, he was actually able to quickly recover and retaliate. It was only after several punches and a knee to the face that he was knocked unconcious. At no time was Thanos able to stagger the Hulk by one punch, like Thor. Thanos and the Hulk are near equals in strength, which is why it was difficult for Thanos to overpower him. However, Thor is in his own weight-class if he amplifies his strength with lightning-charged punches.

These looks are identical.  That's fear when you realize you're outmatched.
These looks are identical. That's fear when you realize you're outmatched.

#11 Posted by cromulor (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormbreaker Thor would kill a Base Thanos.

#12 Posted by Laiks Stake (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily.

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#13 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4647 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

#14 Posted by MinlerDemon (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Do not stand up.

No Caption Provided

#15 Edited by phillip33 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

@avengersasssemb: once Thor unlocked his lightning abilities in ragnarok, his feats were better than when he had mjolnir across the board. He was not limited otherwise.

Considering that that punch from Thor did not KO hulk, as thanos’s punch did, despite the lengthy brawl Thor and hulk had, it certainly did not do more damage than any of thanos’ punches.

You are objectively wrong here. The hulk was clearly puzzled because he was injured from a casual straight right from thanos. You are willfully misinterpreting this scene.

Thanos overpowered hulk from a seated position and caught his strikes casually. Hulk had all of the leverage and thanos was still able to casually overpower him.

Those images are a. Completely irrelevant, and b. Completely different facial expressions lol you must be joking.

And we have very different definitions of ragdolling. If your interperetation of ragdolling is knocking someone off their feet, then yes it is feasible for Thor to do that. It is not however feasible for Thor to ragdoll thanos by my interperetation of the word ragdolling, which is what I already explained.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#16 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11724 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha what the heck is this thread?

#17 Posted by AvengersAsssemb (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@avengersasssemb: once Thor unlocked his lightning abilities in ragnarok, his feats were better than when he had mjolnir across the board. He was not limited otherwise.

Considering that that punch from Thor did not KO hulk, as thanos’s punch did, despite the lengthy brawl Thor and hulk had, it certainly did not do more damage than any of thanos’ punches.

You are objectively wrong here. The hulk was clearly puzzled because he was injured from a casual straight right from thanos. You are willfully misinterpreting this scene.

Thanos overpowered hulk from a seated position and caught his strikes casually. Hulk had all of the leverage and thanos was still able to casually overpower him.

Those images are a. Completely irrelevant, and b. Completely different facial expressions lol you must be joking.

And we have very different definitions of ragdolling. If your interperetation of ragdolling is knocking someone off their feet, then yes it is feasible for Thor to do that. It is not however feasible for Thor to ragdoll thanos by my interperetation of the word ragdolling, which is what I already explained.

No, his feats with Mjolnir are still better.

1. His physical strikes with Mjolnir did more damage than his lightning-charged punches. The shockwave caused by them was greater than the combined force of the Hulk-Buster armor and the Hulk, whereas lightning-charged punches from Thor more-or-less rivals the Hulk, but did more lasting damage than Thanos did.

Thor (Lightning-charged Mjolnir strikes) > Thor (Lightning-charged punches) > Thanos (Base-level) > Hulk > Thor (Base-level)

A knee to the face is what knocked the Hulk unconcious, not a mere punch. Despite punching Hulk in the face repeatedly, he was able to knock him off his feet, whereas Thor completely ragdolled him with his lightning-charged punch.

No, Hulk was not 'puzzled', he literally recovered from two blows from Thanos almost instantly, but a lightning-charged punch from Thor knocked him on his ass.

Thanos was putting full effort into his battle against Hulk. He wasn't casually defeating him. The expression on his face implies so, and his pissed off look after overpowering the Hulk implies so as well. Thanos was grinding his teeth and putting near full effort when the two went toe-to-toe in a test of strength. They are near rivals in strength, with Thanos edging him out.

1. Wrong. Both Dooku and Thanos realize that they are overwhelmed by their opponents.

If Thor decided to float in the air as he did in Thor 1 against the Destroyer and bombard Thanos with constant lightning strikes, what could he possibly do besides get ragdolled? He has no answer to that.

#18 Posted by phillip33 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

@avengersasssemb: his physical strikes with mjolnir lonely have better feats than Thor’s lightning amp’d punches because Thor never directed his lightning amp’d punches like he’d did with mjolnir. Mjolnir best feats come from when it is being swung downwards at either the ground or something standing on the ground. Thor’s lightning strike one shotted the bifrost in ragnarok. It took ten of his hammer swings to do that in Thor 1, and Thor’s lightning amp’d punch clearly did more damage to hulk than his mjolnir strike.

You keep saying his lightning amp’d punches are superior to thanos’s punches, yet they simply lack the feats. Thor hit hulk with two, and failed to knock out the hulk, even after a prolonged fight where Thor landed multiple impressive blows on hulks head.

I’d pull up the gif if I was on mobile. You need to rewatch the scene. Hulk reels from the punch, looks down at where thanos punches him, and looks back at thanos with a look of utter befuddlement. You can say a lightning charges punch knocked hulk on his ass, but strikes from thanos ACTUALLY KO’d him. Regardless if it was a knee or not.

Thanos casually defeated hulk. He took all of his strikes with 0 damage and knocked him out in less blows than Thor landed during his entire fight with hulk. As I said before, thanos had been holding back the entire film, yet in every fight scene he had a focused and concentrated demeanor. You’re picking at things that have zero relevancy. Thanos did not merely edge him out. Thanos easily outmuscled him from a sitting position where hulk had every advantage, besides obviously physical strength. Ebony maw even notes that thanos is merely having fun.

Here you are wrong, thanos had no idea stormbreaker would impact him and you have no evidence to prove it. Other wise thanos would have simply dodged it, because stormbreaker wasn’t traveling fast and thanos has a few notable feats of reaction time and skill.

He might be able to knock thanos around a bit with lightning, but thanos already no sold a direct lightning blast from Thor with no damage. Chances are he really only got knocked a few feat away because he was surprised. But that has nothing to do with Thor’s physical strength.

#19 Posted by Six-Deuce (1158 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no reasonable argument to counter what we saw when Thor w/SB met Thanos. Thor would do the same or more if Thanos did not have a gauntlet. Self-evident

#20 Posted by APEX_pretador (20340 posts) - - Show Bio

Never thought I would say this, but MCU Thor wank needs to slow down

#21 Posted by bdelloidgrain2 (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

Never thought I would say this, but MCU Thor wank needs to slow down

This. He is good, but he is not ragdolling Thanos.

#22 Posted by Serph89 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Imho with stormbreaker, maybe yes. Without it, no