Can Superman statue lightning?

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Can Superman statue lightning? (205 votes)

Yes 30%
No 69%
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for consciouskeeper
Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Consciouskeeper
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@thebestofthebest: IIRC it was confirmed that he could potentially reach the speed of light a while ago and I think that's what it takes for him to time travel which was shown in BvS. Its not a level that he operates at currently but he'll probably(hopefully)get faster in the future.

Fr? If you ever find the source, feel free to PM me. Also, do you think Superman is faster than lightning in combat, or lightning-fast?

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thebestofthebest: @consciouskeeper:

I have no ideas how it's being inferred as "speed of light" or more so that it's saying he can travel at the speed of light. The only thing I'm seeing is "ed of light" and nothing before it. We don't know the context in which that unfinished phrase is being used.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: Also no I don't think Superman is lightning speed. He might be able to perceive lightning to an extent and I wouldn't be shocked if he had feats on that level in the future.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Me neither, but fair enough.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: True, it could've said "he can potentially reach the speed of light", "faster than the speed of light" or "or slower than the speed of light".. it could be anything, which brings us (I mean me and the other guy) back to square one... i n c o n c l u s i v e e v i d e n c e.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest:

@amcu said:

@thebestofthebest: Also no I don't think Superman is lightning speed. He might be able to perceive lightning to an extent and I wouldn't be shocked if he had feats on that level in the future.

well the video already calcs him massively faster than lightning. It's more of less how close to light speed he is or if the flash is light speed or slightly slower.

Which really was the whole point of covering in this thread

MaiitoGuy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously not

Reap_ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if the file actually said speed of light I dont think it would be accepted until he shows light speed feats. Much like the issue many or maybe most have with the newspaper clipping about shifting the tectonic plate for Superman.

OT: no

Waxseruya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Waxseruya

@consciouskeeper: @thebestofthebest : He still no way could statue lightning unless have evidence prove superman faster than lightning and in BvS it clear he slow than bomb.

I have evidence prove superman slow than sand's apocalypse.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By plotweapon16255

@amcu said:

@thebestofthebest: I can't remember the source where they discuss DCEU Flash potentially being light speed. @plotweapon16255 might have it though.

1. Zack Snyder said in a interview that The Flash could punch at the speed of light, but was afraid to.

2. Amanda Walter's file on Barry mentioned him as speed of light.

Loading Video...

3. Mercedes justice league promotion ad referred him as speed of light. (0:06)

Loading Video...

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Amcu
jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@consciouskeeper: no no no, stop using this guys calcs. Stop using YouTube calcs in general. They're bad.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashugan: I agree sometimes it is bad but nothing is worse than CV looking at flash speed force energy and thinking it's regular lightning. That's a meme in itself

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@thebestofthebest: I can't remember the source where they discuss DCEU Flash potentially being light speed. @plotweapon16255 might have it though.

1. Zack Snyder said in a interview that The Flash could punch at the speed of light, but was afraid to.

2. Amanda Walter's file on Barry mentioned him as speed of light.

Loading Video...

3. Mercedes justice league promotion ad referred him as speed of light. (0:06)

Loading Video...

Thanks for this.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By plotweapon16255

@consciouskeeper said:

@jashugan: I agree sometimes it is bad but nothing is worse than CV looking at flash speed force energy and thinking it's regular lightning. That's a meme in itself

Walter's file on Barry clearly mentioned its just lightning.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: yeah it is but it's no indication on how fast they are, that lightning will be there regardless of how fast he is going.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: yeah it is but it's no indication on how fast they are, that lightning will be there regardless of how fast he is going.

Unless something says it isn't as fast as lightning there is no reason to assume some ridiculous theory.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where?

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Consciouskeeper

@plotweapon16255: the general public of CV assuming superman not as fast as lightning or faster because of lightning generated as a result of speed force is ridiculous.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@plotweapon16255 said:

Where?

0:47

Loading Video...

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: the general public of CV assuming superman not as fast as lightning or faster

in terms of of combat speed, he isn't fast/faster than lightning.

because of lightning generated as a result of speed force is ridiculous.

This is some bullshit assumption.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: no it's not bullshit assumption, the electricity a speedster generated with their connection to the speed force symbolizes their connection and indicates speed. Zack Snyder went out if his way to make this detail part of the film.

Being part of the speed force doesn't turn you into storm from the x-men.

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By plotweapon16255

@consciouskeeper said:

@plotweapon16255: no it's not bullshit assumption,

It is unless u have Any valid proof.

the electricity a speedster generated with their connection to the speed force symbolizes their connection and indicates speed.

Assumption.

Zack Snyder went out if his way to make this detail part of the film.

???

Being part of the speed force doesn't turn you into storm from the x-men.

Irrelevant.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's fast but not that fast already proven.lock it

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Consciouskeeper
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: screen writer goes into researching blue shift and red shifts of physics for the flash which is why he decided to go with the blue lightning.

Lightning moves 30% speed of light and for flash to generate the color he does scientifically he has to move 40% the speed of light which superman was matching him. All fact yet you call it fan theory.

Your opinion =/= relevancy

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By plotweapon16255

@consciouskeeper said:

@plotweapon16255: screen writer goes into researching blue shift and red shifts of physics for the flash which is why he decided to go with the blue lightning.

Fan video =/= fact.

Lightning moves 30% speed of light

Lol,NO.

Lightning in air is around 4.4×105 m/s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning

and for flash to generate the color he does scientifically he has to move 40% the speed of light which superman was matching him.

Aka fan theory.

All fact yet you call it fan theory.

Coz it is!!!

Your opinion =/= relevancy

Still a fan theory.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@plotweapon16255: ooof.

Yep fan theory. Flash and superman by the laws of physics were moving 40% the speed of light which is faster than the visible flash of lightning. Scientific facts but yep fan theory.

But it's ok I can already tell ur one of those viners who has the "I'm always right mentality" What i cared about was proven (Flash=light speed and flash and superman are shown to be equals). I could care less about your understanding of the speed force or physics

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255: ooof.

Return stroke =/= lightning.

Return stroke uses the plasma channel caused by lightning.

Yep fan theory. Flash and superman by the laws of physics were moving 40% the speed of light which is faster than the visible flash of lightning. Scientific facts but yep fan theory.

Fan theory based on speculation.

But it's ok I can already tell ur one of those viners who has the "I'm always right mentality" What i cared about was proven (Flash=light speed and flash and superman are shown to be equals). I could care less about your understanding of the speed force or physics

Unless there is anything from source material (DCEU) to prove ur speculation, there isn't anything to talk about.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Consciouskeeper

@plotweapon16255: now that I stack overwhelming evidence on you The play is "well the dceu doesn't say all that" lol okay buddy.

No Caption Provided

Return stroke is what allows it to be visible, which is what everyone is using the gif for. Pay attention.

Due to the research by the screen writer flash and superman are moving 40% the speed of light which is faster than return stroke. (Source material)

The same YouTube you posted clocks superman at speeds of 2,656,735 mph. Also faster than lightning but let me guess now even the YouTube's you yourself reference cannot be used either. Ok

Loading Video...
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By plotweapon16255

@consciouskeeper said:

@plotweapon16255: now that I stack overwhelming evidence on you The play is "well the dceu doesn't say all that" lol okay buddy.

????

Return stroke is what allows it to be visible, which is what everyone is using the gif for. Pay attention.

God, u don't even know what is return stroke.

No Caption Provided

Due to the research by the screen writer flash and superman are moving 40% the speed of light which is faster than return stroke. (Source material)

No Caption Provided

The same YouTube you posted clocks superman at speeds of 2,656,735 mph. Also faster than lightning but let me guess now even the YouTube's you yourself reference cannot be used either. Ok

Fan calculation =/= fan theory.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@plotweapon16255: so your trolling at this point right? Just had to check.

I literally said return stroke is the visible of lightning which is what people are asking about by the gif and your posting memes because your wrong ?

People on CV need to really grow up

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@plotweapon16255: so your trolling at this point right? Just had to check.I literally said return stroke is the visible of lightning which is what people are asking about by the gif and your posting memes because your wrong ?People on CV need to really grow up

First understand what's return lightning first before saying some bullshit about it.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255:

I got a pretty good grasp on what it is since it's what we see as lightning which is what is being called into question here which is what superman and flash are fighting faster than. By all evidence I posted.

If you have nothing else to contribute to the debate aside from a YouTube video I already posted before you, you essentially have added nothing to the debate other than crying and cursing about fan theories like an angry child

plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plotweapon16255:

I got a pretty good grasp on what it is since it's what we see as lightning which is what is being called into question here which is what superman and flash are fighting faster than. By all evidence I posted.

U still have no idea what ur saying.

If you have nothing else to contribute to the debate aside from a YouTube video I already posted before you, you essentially have added nothing to the debate other than crying and cursing about fan theories like an angry child

Says the baby who can't differentiate a fan theory from facts.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash and superman by the laws of physics were moving 40% the speed of light which is faster than the visible flash of lightning.

No Caption Provided

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pipxeroth: @plotweapon16255:oh now I'm a baby yet u have offered nothing to counter anything I have said. Oof okay. and the typical vines who sees one comment and ignore context.

Thread goes to shit in 3...2...1 in out

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@consciouskeeper: No, I read all of the comments you posted in this thread. There is no 'context' that changes how stupid everything you've claimed so far is.

Consciouskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Screenwriter did deep research into physics and decided to use blue lightning to depict how fast flash is going which on a scale blue would be 40% the speed of light. That's not fan fiction it's science. ^

CV is such a meme depending the topic

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481 said:
@keyfirstnaten said:
@crunch5481 said:
@keyfirstnaten said:
@crunch5481 said:

He’s definitely not statuing it but if you watch the normal fight he could see the lightning at what like we would see cars on the highway. Meaning that he could still see it coming and react and whatnot if the distance was enough.

@mrnoital said:

no, he clearly moves around the speed or bit faster than it, but clearly not statued

Movement through air causes friction and Barry being a speedster tends to produce a LOT of friction as he moves at super speed. Thats why he produces electricity, which moves at:

Light travels through empty space at 186,000 miles per second. The electricity which flows through the wires in your homes and appliances travels much slower: only about 1/100 th the speed of light. So 18,600 miles per-second.

But lightning is way faster"

The step leader that initiates the lightning flash propagates downward from the cloud at a rate of about 320,000 ft per second or about 220,000 miles per hour. The return stroke (the current that cause the visible flash) moves upward at a speed of about 320,000,000 ft per second or about 220,000,000 miles per hour (about 1/3 the speed of light).

So Superman isn't fast enough to perceive a lightning bolt from Thor, which means that Thor can one-shot him.

Lightning is literally just electricity flowing through air. That's it. There is no distinction. Lightning is a large amount of electricity flowing through air. The amount of electricity flowing however does not impact the speed at which it flows. Your argument is invalid.

Both are sparks of electricity created through the attraction of unlike charges. Thedifference is that static electricity creates a small spark, while lightning is a huge spark of electricity. There is a distinction.

And like I just said the amount of electricity doesn't change its speed.

The friction created by Flash is smaller and different from the thunder-bolts created by Thor. Flash's eletricity moves a-lot slower than Thor's lightning.

Class dismissed.

Don't make something up.

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>Posts a scan that says "eed of light", basically an unfinished phrase. Context is severely lacking as well.

>Can't show any evidence that Superman is laughably faster than lightning, but instead he gets triggered when asked for evidence.

>Proceeds to call everyone who disagrees with him a joke.

No Caption Provided

EcstaticGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless he statues natural lightning/lighting from a storm cloud. Or a character who can perceive or operate at speeds of storm cloud lightning I wouldnt say he could statue lightning.

YouVeryStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By YouVeryStupid