Can Superman statue lightning?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can Superman statue lightning? (267 votes)

Yes 31%
No 69%
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• 
cromulor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it look like a statue in that gif? I didn’t think so

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 anthp2000  Moderator

Oh lord.

KingFrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash creates electricity, which was moving faster then superman, and electricity moves quite a bit slower than lightning.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BOC

I don't think anyone claimed he could.

But it looks like he could react to it based on that gif.

Not sure how reliable speed force lightning is tho

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: A guy literally claims DCEU Superman is Ftl. It was Kakashi vs Superman thread.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wot_m8: Lol. Do you remember their reasoning?

Wot_m8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc: Nope, just a troll. Thread is still up. You should check it out.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

By the looks of that gif, no. And that's assuming it's natural lightning or the speed of it to begin with.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’s definitely not statuing it but if you watch the normal fight he could see the lightning at what like we would see cars on the highway. Meaning that he could still see it coming and react and whatnot if the distance was enough.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Mrnoital

no, he clearly moves around the speed or bit faster than it, but clearly not statued

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KeyFirstnaten

He’s definitely not statuing it but if you watch the normal fight he could see the lightning at what like we would see cars on the highway. Meaning that he could still see it coming and react and whatnot if the distance was enough.

@mrnoital said:

no, he clearly moves around the speed or bit faster than it, but clearly not statued

Movement through air causes friction and Barry being a speedster tends to produce a LOT of friction as he moves at super speed. Thats why he produces electricity, which moves at:

Light travels through empty space at 186,000 miles per second. The electricity which flows through the wires in your homes and appliances travels much slower: only about 1/100 th the speed of light. So 18,600 miles per-second.

But lightning is way faster"

The step leader that initiates the lightning flash propagates downward from the cloud at a rate of about 320,000 ft per second or about 220,000 miles per hour. The return stroke (the current that cause the visible flash) moves upward at a speed of about 320,000,000 ft per second or about 220,000,000 miles per hour (about 1/3 the speed of light).

So Superman isn't fast enough to perceive a lightning bolt from Thor, which means that Thor can one-shot him.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is assuming that speed force lightning/electricity acts the same as real world. You guys are trying to apply real world physics to a fictional 'force'. He clearly generates lightning (as he's known to throw lightning bolts) but that doesn't mean it's the speed of real world lightning. It might be though.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

This is assuming that speed force lightning/electricity acts the same as real world. You guys are trying to apply real world physics to a fictional 'force'. He clearly generates lightning (as he's known to throw lightning bolts) but that doesn't mean it's the speed of real world lightning. It might be though.

There is no reason why it wouldn't.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

There's really no reason it would tbh.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Cap has better running feats than MCU Thor

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#21  Edited By Supermanthor
KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@keyfirstnaten said:
@boc said:

There's really no reason it would tbh.

@boc said:

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

even ww reacted to lightning. Supes cant statue it by feats, but in future he might be faster than what we have seen.

nightgate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Diana and Darla can react to lightning, Superman won't have trouble at all. He has speed feats over three times faster than lightning's down stroke. Not sure if he can statue it though since I'm not sure how much faster than lightning he'd have to be for it to appear as a statue. And the electricity coming off the speed force aura is hardly real lightning or can be assumed as such.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelanddcfan24:

LOL he actually does.

Thor wasn't exactly running very fast in the bring me Thanos scene.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29 krisbishop  Moderator
BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

even ww reacted to lightning. Supes cant statue it by feats, but in future he might be faster than what we have seen.

Yeah I don't think he could statue lightning, but based on that gif he can react to it. That was his combat speed and even then he looked like he could react to it. His running speed is faster and his flying speed is even faster than that.

I think WW has faster reactions though, based on that whole trained warrior thing.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@supermanforever said:
@boc said:

Yeah I don't think he could statue lightning, but based on that gif he can react to it. That was his combat speed and even then he looked like he could react to it. His running speed is faster and his flying speed is even faster than that.

I think WW has faster reactions though, based on that whole trained warrior thing.

WW is not faster in reaction, ww could not even percieve what was going around when they fought. Its kind of interesting that she cant react to them but reacted to a lightning. Who knows maybe they are faster than lightning, hard to calculate. I think future movies, might make it clearer how fast they are.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@supermanforever said:
@boc said:

WW is not faster in reaction, ww could not even perceive what was going around when they fought. Its kind of interesting that she cant react to them but reacted to a lightning. Who knows maybe they are faster than lightning, hard to calculate. I think future movies, might make it clearer how fast they are.

She was in free fall and likely wasn't looking at them. She doesn't have flight so she couldn't have made herself fall faster.

You have to think, time doesn't actually slow down when those characters move fast. If she didn't see them and didn't know to react, it would have only felt like a second to her.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe.

Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@supermanforever said:
@boc said:
@supermanforever said:
@boc said:

WW is not faster in reaction, ww could not even perceive what was going around when they fought. Its kind of interesting that she cant react to them but reacted to a lightning. Who knows maybe they are faster than lightning, hard to calculate. I think future movies, might make it clearer how fast they are.

She was in free fall and likely wasn't looking at them. She doesn't have flight so she couldn't have made herself fall faster.

You have to think, time doesn't actually slow down when those characters move fast. If she didn't see them and didn't know to react, it would have only felt like a second to her.

Im talking about when superman and flash were fighting, they fought for a pretty decent amount of time, yet her perception was not even fast enough to track them. Clearly they were fast enough to be faster than her perception.

Aswell as superman literaly casually blitzed her after that.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:
@supermanforever said:
@boc said:
@supermanforever said:
@boc said:

Im talking about when superman and flash were fighting, they fought for a pretty decent amount of time, yet her perception was not even fast enough to track them. Clearly they were fast enough to be faster than her perception.

Aswell as superman literaly casually blitzed her after that.

That's what I'm talking about too. She wasn't looking at them and was in free fall.

I wouldn't say he was out of her perception in the scene where he blocks her bracelet clash. She said she didn't want to fight him and was likely just trying to finish her move. It is a slow move after all.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481 said:

@mrnoital said:

Movement through air causes friction and Barry being a speedster tends to produce a LOT of friction as he moves at super speed. Thats why he produces electricity, which moves at:

Light travels through empty space at 186,000 miles per second. The electricity which flows through the wires in your homes and appliances travels much slower: only about 1/100 th the speed of light. So 18,600 miles per-second.

The step leader that initiates the lightning flash propagates downward from the cloud at a rate of about 320,000 ft per second or about 220,000 miles per hour. The return stroke (the current that cause the visible flash) moves upward at a speed of about 320,000,000 ft per second or about 220,000,000 miles per hour (about 1/3 the speed of light).

So Superman isn't fast enough to perceive a lightning bolt from Thor, which means that Thor can one-shot him.

Lightning is literally just electricity flowing through air. That's it. There is no distinction. Lightning is a large amount of electricity flowing through air. The amount of electricity flowing however does not impact the speed at which it flows. Your argument is invalid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GoodAfternoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GoodAfternoon
KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyfirstnaten said:
@crunch5481 said:

@mrnoital said:

Lightning is literally just electricity flowing through air. That's it. There is no distinction. Lightning is a large amount of electricity flowing through air. The amount of electricity flowing however does not impact the speed at which it flows. Your argument is invalid.

Both are sparks of electricity created through the attraction of unlike charges. Thedifference is that static electricity creates a small spark, while lightning is a huge spark of electricity. There is a distinction.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481 said:
@keyfirstnaten said:
@crunch5481 said:

@mrnoital said:

Both are sparks of electricity created through the attraction of unlike charges. Thedifference is that static electricity creates a small spark, while lightning is a huge spark of electricity. There is a distinction.

And like I just said the amount of electricity doesn't change its speed.

KeyFirstnaten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keyfirstnaten said:
@crunch5481 said:
@keyfirstnaten said:
@crunch5481 said:

@mrnoital said:

The friction created by Flash is smaller and different from the thunder-bolts created by Thor. Flash's eletricity moves a-lot slower than Thor's lightning.

Class dismissed.

Brittonic_para

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy you literally posted the gif of him not being able to statue lightning.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy you literally posted the gif of him not being able to statue lightning.

You're falling for the bait.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crunch5481 said:
@keyfirstnaten said:
@crunch5481 said:
@keyfirstnaten said:
@crunch5481 said:

@mrnoital said:

The friction created by Flash is smaller and different from the thunder-bolts created by Thor. Flash's eletricity moves a-lot slower than Thor's lightning.

Class dismissed.

"the amount of electricity doesn't change its speed" How many times will I have to say this?

You realize Lightning is generated by static friction in the sky right? How do you even know the electricity on Flash is from static friction anyways??? That's an assumption, a wrong assumption because if it was simply static electricity it would be coming off of Superman too, but it's not. The obvious explanation is that the lightning coming from Flash is from the speed force.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Reap_ii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers