Can Stormbreaker kill DCEU Superman?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peypey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can Stormbreaker kill DCEU Superman? (341 votes)

Yes 75%
It would do a lot of damage 12%
No way 13%

Hmm

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicolaileimer123: your arguing with people who think Clark can statue and defeat the whole mcu avengers easily. it’s pointless few like being fair and open minded on here it’s one extreme to the other.

bUt StatUe ForCe pReVaiLs

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

Not sure because Superman’s piercing durability >>>>>>>> Thanos. Other than cutting Thanos Stormbreaker has no piercing feats.

Going through the infinity gauntlet blast is an energy resistance feat, not a cutting feats because the blast was not physical in nature

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: the “statue force above all”

What’s your take on Stormbreaker killing him? I don’t see a reason it doesn’t cut clean through any kryptonian considering Thanos durability and Diana chopping Doomsday.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos said:

@rajjar: the “statue force above all”

What’s your take on Stormbreaker killing him? I don’t see a reason it doesn’t cut clean through any kryptonian considering Thanos durability and Diana chopping Doomsday.

Well, it's established that Hela's blades hit well above their durability, considering they got shattered by M-16, yet can cut uru and Asgardian armor. My personal opinion is because they are made of magically enhanced obsidian - otherwise the volcanic glass would shatter.

Stormbreaker has runes IIRC, can harness "planet-busting" dark magic that is the Bifrost, has cloth-weaving magic, has healing magic, and requires plasma from a really hot neutron star's core to melt. Even it's Groot handle is magic now. We don't even know if Diana's Sword of Athena is magic, so here's what we have -

a) Magic sword - it has some Greek on it about the goddess Athena sacrificing herself through her hunt or something, cuts through things with them glowing orange, seems like it channels Diana's Olympian energies just like her Bracelets of Submission. It either bypasses durability altogether, or the magic makes it durable enough to cut through substances. Which means SB should be enough to cut, considering uru > Olympian metal after Ares disintegrated with his exothermic left hand.

b) Non-magic sword. It is just plain sharp and hard enough to slice and dice Kryptonian flesh and bone. Which is damning for Olympian metals (including Poseidon steel) because of what Ares did. But do you know what happened to Aquaman's quindent? It >= Diana's sword based on Steppenwolf's armor.

SB slices and dices through Thanos. It can probably slice and dice through Hulk, since star forged uru > Asgardian wolf bone, and Asgardian wolf bone cut through Hulk's skin that no-sold GAU-12 Equalizer 25 mm bullets. Split durability means it cuts Superman, since no-selling GAU-8 30 mm does not mean he gets exempt from getting cut. The significance of 5 mm isn't worth any debate on the vine, even in the wank and bait and shitty calc threads. If we don't split durability, that nuke feat isn't really worth much since it was in space, way past the Starfish threshold and therefore void of any blast force and thermal radiation. The WE feat might mean something if argued correctly, but I'd still use the counter that it is less than worthless because Diana's striking power with that sword (w/ no momentum) is very very close to 0% of the force brought by the WE mass that Clark was taking, if I use the calc Flashfyr presented.

Devidwarewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it can. But it would need to be via a very good throw or some other attack that lets Thor get a lot behind it. It literally slid off Thanos armor, they could’ve done more for it.

Devidwarewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Devidwarewolf

@hermes1220: Just lightning can kill dceu superman it is a magic not necessary use stormbreaker.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally hasn't been done before...

Stormbreaker is to Superman what a normal axe is to a human, probably worse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devidwarewolf: There is no magic in the MCU. Therefore, Thor’s lightning conjuring is not magically based.

Thor’s much more likely to hurt him with a Stormbreaker swing than with his lightning strikes tbh. They’ve never significantly hurt a high tier. Below or around his level.

I’ve discussed this before. Go through some of my posts from recently and you’ll see my stance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could honestly imagine people arguing against Jarnbjorn being able to chop DCEU Superman.

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Chair-Sama

@hermes1220 said:

@devidwarewolf: There is no magic in the MCU. Therefore, Thor’s lightning conjuring is not magically based.

isnt the bifrost....dark MAGIC?

and what the hell do you call stranges spells? magic is referenced many times, literally called, magic.

Thor’s much more likely to hurt him with a Stormbreaker swing than with his lightning strikes tbh. They’ve never significantly hurt a high tier. Below or around his level.

I’ve discussed this before. Go through some of my posts from recently and you’ll see my stance.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By BOC

Through lots of speculation, maybe.

Through nothing but feats, it can't pierce him.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 destinyman75  Online

Obviously it would decap if hit it's a weapon made to fight biggest threats to the univse..

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh how I long for the day where this discussion dies. Another MCU Thor vs DCEU Superman thread, the conversation has been had enough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could honestly imagine people arguing against Jarnbjorn being able to chop DCEU Superman.

iT wAs maDe foR CeLeStiaLs oNly, cAn tHeiR sKin tAnK a nUke?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs said:

Poll results indicate that God has left us.

or maybe a few clowns have left comicvine.

Maybe a few level headed people have joined.

Or perhaps people get tired of debating when nimrods like @luminoushydra troll in any MCU thread, and some of us just hit the poll button and move on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: hahaha I can picture a few using that.

What review mate I think I missed it?

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily. Where did this impenetrable Kryptonian skin nonsense come from?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: ahhh just found it must have missed it mate got a few replies around that time.

Yeah I agree I find it funny people arguing against magic being one of the reasons DD could be cut as that then means all it takes is specifically forged / sharp steel to do the job.

I think it’s as simple as both WW sword and Thors Axe are “superhero godly forged magical weapons” and just like most fantasy and comics they tend to be able to defeat even the strongest of foes.

Especially when Thor goes out of his way to star forge an axe which can kill a guy who tanks destroying the Infinity stones and wearing a gauntlet that channels continent level power like it’s a small electric shock.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk said:

Easily. Where did this impenetrable Kryptonian skin nonsense come from?

Don't use split durability --> "nuke level skin"

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: I heard about the pressure per square inch from the nuke but why does the same not apply to Thor? Most people consider the star feat superior to the nuke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@namebk said:

@rajjar: I heard about the pressure per square inch from the nuke but why does the same not apply to Thor? Most people consider the star feat superior to the nuke.

We can't tell if the beam is a solar wind, plasma, or pure heat. I tried, and I failed. But it's a real star covered by the dyson; I digged that far and confirmed it.

I wasn't being serious since I put the quotation marks, but I don't know how to quantify the star feat besides temperature, nwgzsjuwhm96y2 has a 91 kiloton calc.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 takenstew22  Moderator

If Thor aims for the head, yes.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:
@rajjar said:

@finalkingthanos

What do you make of my review?

For my part, I think it was impressive. I agree.

Thanks!

What's your opinion of Diana's sword?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chair-sama said:
@hermes1220 said:

isnt the bifrost....dark MAGIC?

and what the hell do you call stranges spells? magic is referenced many times, literally called, magic.

Let's get this to order.

1. Regardless of what the execs say, they shouldn't be treated as word of God. If someone does, they must believe that Thanos's skin is invincible (Joe Russo), because otherwise they are cherry-picking and have no ethos.

2. Even if my previous point is completely false, it literally is semantics. Magic isn't an objective concept, because it derives from the supernatural, from what we can't understand. Nuclear fusion is magic to the ancients whenever they look up at the sky. Just because MCU "magic" isn't as esoteric as we thought, it doesn't mean that it changes in application.

3. Strange's spells are Eldritch Magic, which is dumbed down by the execs into channeling dimensional energy from all across the multiverse. What do people think 616 magic is? Whenever sorcerers cast the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, they are invoking the power of the same one that makes Juggernaut unstoppable.

4. But that doesn't really matter, because if all Strange has learned is how to manipulate energy across the dimensions, it has zero relevance to Asgardian magic. Which may not be magic, but I'll still use the term since I don't have a better one. Science and magic are same to the Asgardians because they know how it works - it isn't the work of some wizards of obscurity. It doesn't get more magical than Asgard. Frigga demonstrates clairvoyance in Endgame. In Ragnarok, Loki reveals that witches can tell the future. Loki himself can shapeshift and make solid illusions. Thor has different types of ridiculous magic, including autopilot weapons that can revive him and give him bulletproof clothing. Hela has magically enhanced obsidian which is brittle like glass but can cut way above its payload, and she conjures matter from thin air. Odin can blast Thor across the realms with dark energy when the Bifrost isn't working, turn Frigga's body into sparkles and activate the Destroyer with a tap of Gungnir, and can literally enchant an object word for fricking word. He's also turned a cup into multiple stars, but I won't get into that.

So I can buy that magic doesn't exist, but that argument has no relevance here, because magic isn't objective to begin with. Call it durability-bypass if you want.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: Hopefully some time tonight, I'm going to bring some points up and counter a few I disagreed with. I think we can have a serious discussion over this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

@rajjar: Hopefully some time tonight, I'm going to bring some points up and counter a few I disagreed with. I think we can have a serious discussion over this.

I'd love that, honestly. I've had like 1 magic discussion, so far for CBM movies.

For the record, I don't believe in the auto-assumption of magic = durability bypass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: honestly I find it funny people still try to say the mcu doesn’t have magic it has by far the most examples lol

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Obviously.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Nucleon

@rajjar: Personally, I believe DCEU Kryptonians are susceptible to magic, and that Diana's sword is magical in nature - meaning it doesn't have any powers of its own, but was made using magic instead of mortal, mundane science.

The alternative, of course, is that Doomsday can be maimed by a mid-level brick wielding a muggle sword - like, an Asgardian footsoldier.

I'm pretty much in tune with what you wrote, except with more mach cones. =)

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cap's shield was pure vibranium and Thanos hacked it to bits with ease. He didn't do that to Stormbreaker.

It's like asking if a knife could kill me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon said:

@rajjar: Personally, I believe DCEU Kryptonians are susceptible to magic, and that Diana's sword is magical in nature - meaning it doesn't have any powers of its own, but was made using magic instead of mortal, mundane science.

The alternative, of course, is that Doomsday can be maimed by a mid-level brick wielding a muggle sword - like, an Asgardian footsoldier.

I'm pretty much in tune with what you wrote, except with more mach cones. =)

HA!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: @rajjar: that’s my thoughts as well nucleon, I’m sure someone will find sound convoluted way around that though haha.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: I find it suitable to always treat them as the word of god. There isn’t really a way to disprove what they’ve said. It’s clear as day that Thanos’ skin isn’t invincible so what they said is untrue. But what’s not clear is whether the quote about there being no magic. There’s no definitive way to prove whether the quote is untrue.

I was always of the belief that Doctor Strange used magic. I found it weird that they didn’t think magic was in their universe. But the word of god is the word of god until disproven. My point is that what I think the execs are getting at is that everything in their universe is in some way able to be explained. There’s nothing supernatural about it.

The main difference I find is that everything in DCEU that pertains to “magic” comes from an actual pantheon of Gods. Whereas the “magic” that pertains to the Asgardians is from technically aliens. I think the two universes handle it differently. The MCU has a much more realistic viewpoint of what magic is. The DCEU uses a more fantastical stance. I think it has a lot to do with how the universes have been built. The DCEU has made it an objective thing; the MCU has not.

This is just my opinion tbh. But I understand what you’re saying.

This is such a weird topic tbh.

I really like your explanation though.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar:

For the record, I don't believe in the auto-assumption of magic = durability bypass.

Good, because this is going to be an important aspect of my stance. I too don't believe in the auto-assumption of magic bypassing durability no matter the case, especially since Superman has resisted the magic from WW's lasso without any apparent pain (I can provide the scene if necessary.) Basically, I think the magic in Wonder Woman's sword is simply powerful enough to overcome DD's durability, a level of power that SB has not yet demonstrated. Now regarding your points, they seem to be heavily reliant on 'power scaling' and speculation (which, admittedly, mine will contain too.)

a) Magic sword - it has some Greek on it about the goddess Athena sacrificing herself through her hunt or something, cuts through things with them glowing orange, seems like it channels Diana's Olympian energies just like her Bracelets of Submission. It either bypasses durability altogether, or the magic makes it durable enough to cut through substances. Which means SB should be enough to cut, considering uru > Olympian metal after Ares disintegrated with his exothermic left hand.

I practically agree with everything except for this underlined statement. This is as faulty as saying Olympian metal > uru considering Hela crushed uru with one hand. Both these claims disregard a few things:

1. Ares or Hela may simply be that powerful,
  2. Both characters have a connection to the weapons in question or
  3. A combination of one and two

Not to mention, is this even the same sword? After all, the first was disintegrated by Ares. But even if it is the same sword, or same metal, it doesn't change the above statement.

b) Non-magic sword. It is just plain sharp and hard enough to slice and dice Kryptonian flesh and bone. Which is damning for Olympian metals (including Poseidon steel) because of what Ares did. But do you know what happened to Aquaman's quindent? It >= Diana's sword based on Steppenwolf's armor.

This is a common claim I see used. For one, Aquaman's trident is also magical in nature (I can provide the evidence if necessary.) Secondly, it is much easier to stab armor than it is to slice it. Also, the sword was able to cut SW's armor (Link). I don't consider WW's sword to act as a lightsaber (not requiring any force) which is why Flash can touch the tip. I think it channels WW's energy, like you said, through the force she puts behind it. The scene in which people often use to suggest WW couldn't pierce Steppenwolf's armor is the scene where she is hanging off a ledge and swings her sword single handedly. That position would make it extremely difficult to generate any notable force. Compare that to the scene where she is stable and uses two hands to pierce Doomsday and SW later on.

SB slices and dices through Thanos. It can probably slice and dice through Hulk, since star forged uru > Asgardian wolf bone, and Asgardian wolf bone cut through Hulk's skin that no-sold GAU-12 Equalizer 25 mm bullets.

This isn't really backed by anything. Fenris was clearly powerful and simply has better feats (to my knowledge) than uru. Whether uru should be more powerful than his teeth or not, doesn't hold much value.

If we don't split durability, that nuke feat isn't really worth much since it was in space, way past the Starfish threshold and therefore void of any blast force and thermal radiation.

I'll look into this a little more, but wouldn't that make it void of any visual blast? If so, that clearly wasn't the case. I believe it to be commonly accepted at this point that the nuke was indeed in high atmosphere, which would still make the force of the nuke drastically lower.

The WE feat might mean something if argued correctly, but I'd still use the counter that it is less than worthless because Diana's striking power with that sword (w/ no momentum) is very very close to 0% of the force brought by the WE mass that Clark was taking,

If you take the basis that the sword is not magical, I'd agree. However, I believe the sword is magical and channels Diana. Meaning the quantifiable force she generates in comparison to the WE would mean little.

This is just my 2 cents, though it is debatable.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: Your disingenuous comments isn't trolling? Everything you type is cringeworthy.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 anthp2000  Moderator

I do not understand what kind of arguments people can come up with to say Stormbreaker won't penetrate his skin when his best showings are against bullets. This is as pointless and wrong as saying Thor beats Superman or Wonder Woman in a fight.

Omandtellor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Omandtellor

@anthp2000: Stormbreaker >>>> sword's wonder woman and sword can cut doomsday he is a kryptonians.

Weapon both is a magic of god asgard and olympus.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes,it can.

Mr-Otaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why it can't. I have no reason to believe that Superman's body is more rigid than Thanos' body, so if Stormbreaker can just pierce through Thanos it can very likely do the same with Superman. I mean, Doomsday pierced a sharp bone through Superman's chest and it "killed" him.

DivineVisitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By DivineVisitor

Imo Stormbreaker doesn't have the feats to say it can cut Superman but that doesn't mean it can't hurt him.

Superman's skin is more durable than Thanos and can withstand the atom shredding forces of a nuke point blank despite still being under some of the effects of Kryptonite. We're talking about nearly the most durable thing in the WoDC.

Steppenwolf's Apocalypse Armour>Doomsday's Skin=Superman's Suit=Superman's Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boc said:

@rajjar:

Good, because this is going to be an important aspect of my stance. I too don't believe in the auto-assumption of magic bypassing durability no matter the case, especially since Superman has resisted the

magic from WW's lasso without any apparent pain (I can provide the scene if necessary.)

Imo, the magic worked somewhat, since he got really pissed at Batman for not letting him live or die in peace, which shows that he remembers BvS.

This is as faulty as saying Olympian metal > uru considering Hela crushed uru with one hand. Both these claims disregard a few things:

Ares or Hela may simply be that powerful,

I'll address the two separately -

For Ares, he is powerful enough to disintegrate the sword, but that doesn't mean he's powerful enough to disintegrate uru. His disintegration feat is not quantifiable in the slightest, which weighs down on any attempt to prove Ares's superiority. Uru's durability as a metal was more quantifiable even in Thor 1. The nature of his disintegration feat means that if he could put up such power, he would have been able to one-shot Zeus and his lightning with that same left hand.

Hela already has the ability to manipulate matter towards her weapon-aimed will, and she crushed it. Hela can crush Olympian metal as well, since she crushed a way more durable weapon: Mjolnir. She crushed it into pieces with her own strength. Or magical prowess, but it looked like it was cracking first at the tip of her thumb. Hela hasn't disintegrated anything with heat IIRC.

So Ares isn't that powerful, and Hela is, but they did two fundamentally different feats.

Both characters have a connection to the weapons in question

Mjolnir had no true connection to anyone until Odin put that magic enchantment on it. Odin retained supremacy over Mjolnir as he took it away from Thor.

Ares? I don't think there's evidence suggesting anything of the sort.

Not to mention, is this even the same sword? After all, the first was disintegrated by Ares. But even if it is the same sword, or same metal, it doesn't change the above statement.

Same metal and origin, at the very least.

This is a common claim I see used. For one, Aquaman's trident is also magical in nature (I can provide the evidence if necessary.)

Atlanna's trident? This should be interesting. please do.

Secondly, it is much easier to stab armor than it is to slice it. Also, the sword was able to cut SW's armor (Link).

Which is why I put the equal sign, but I suppose that greater than sign has less merit than I thought.

SB slices and dices through Thanos. It can probably slice and dice through Hulk, since star forged uru > Asgardian wolf bone, and Asgardian wolf bone cut through Hulk's skin that no-sold GAU-12 Equalizer 25 mm bullets.

This isn't really backed by anything. Fenris was clearly powerful and simply has better feats (to my knowledge) than uru. Whether uru should be more powerful than his teeth or not, doesn't hold much value.

Uru > Fenris. Fenris has no actual durability, and her teeth aren't as sharp as Stormbreaker's ax end either. Independently, Hulk's been pierced in his solo film as well. Put enough striking/pushing power behind the weapon and he'll get pierced. Stormbreaker ought to be more powerful than Fenris's bone, as Fenris would be instantly disintegrated by Nidavellir's plasma by durability implications. Plus, her body's been decaying for thousands of years. That couldn't have been good for her teeth.

I'll look into this a little more, but wouldn't that make it void of any visual blast? If so, that clearly wasn't the case. I believe it to be commonly accepted at this point that the nuke was indeed in high atmosphere, which would still make the force of the nuke drastically lower.

Maybe, but I bet DD got some of the blast, since the nuke explodes right on him. Problem is, though, in that vacuum, it clearly didn't send Clark anywhere, because he was floating right above where DD fell and did his first AoE. Though in that case, there'd be a lot more radiative heating, which would come about were a nuke to collide with an asteroid. Gamma radiation isn't the most beneficial thing for Clark to absorb, as it seemed to have flash-fried his exterior, slowly disintegrating his skin into fine particles, and deprived him out of a significant proportion of his muscle mass.

If you take the basis that the sword is not magical, I'd agree. However, I believe the sword is magical and channels Diana. Meaning the quantifiable force she generates in comparison to the WE would mean little.

That is true.

This is just my 2 cents, though it is debatable.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: explain how my comments are 'disingenuous'?

Let me keep it to this thread. Otherwise we'd be here all week.

The handle breaks in half after being swung at supes.

Do you truly believe this? We're not talking about natural wood. We're talking about magically reinforced wood that has been used to destroy Thanos' landing craft in Wakanda, and thrown through a full gauntlet blast without being disintegrated or broken.

Your lowballing is so off the mark that it feels like I'm reading the ramblings of the village idiot, a guy who can't comprehend the obvious, or you're so insecure about something that you can't admit Stormbreaker is powerful.

Or maybe you're just trolling and don't care about your name being ridiculed alongside users like Sodam_Yat and the average Storm fan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: he’s just a massive DCEU fan he always says things like that in every thread regardless of what it’s actually about and how completely untrue it is lol.