Can Soul Reapers cut logia's ??!!!

Avatar image for over-nine-thousand
over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can Soul Reapers cut logia's ??!!! (51 votes)

Yes 51%
NO 27%
Maybe 14%
Don't know 8%
No Caption Provided

Say if kenpachi ,tried to cut kizaru would it work since he's a soul reaper and his attacks are Astral.

No Caption Provided

Zanpakutō (斬魄刀; Viz "Zanpaku-tô"; Literally meaning "Soul-Cutter Sword") are the primary weapons of the Shinigami, the Arrancar, and the Visoreds.

• 
Bernkastelll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Soul Reapers affect the Soul

over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bernkastelll: would it ,still work if they were in the same world, if both of them were in the soul society.

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes, we've seen big mom use soul hax on chracters so we know that soul hax exists in op. kenpachi should be able to cut kizaru since kizaru is only human and has a soul.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a965c6d6754
deactivated-60a965c6d6754

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can only cut hills.

ManimalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@opatuik said:

They can only cut hills.

Only god tiers can take on a hill

over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-618e8ef754dcf
deactivated-618e8ef754dcf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soul>Elements. So, yeah.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kenpachi literally cuts space & souls and if energies are equalized then OFC he cuts Kizaru as logias don't mean dick once you possess Haki.

over-nine-thousand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We’ve seen soul hax and Haki work difficultly in one piece.

Has brook ever damaged a logia?

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edgelord91: I dont think brook has even fought a logia in the post timeskip

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soul Reapers literally attack the Soul

Of course they can

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should be able to.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098615505df2
deactivated-6098615505df2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-61364388226ff
deactivated-61364388226ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no question, why they shouldn´t. A soul is a superior concept in comparison to to physical laws/elements in the most cases of fiction. Soul Reapers wouldn´t cut through the element, or the Haki. They would cut through the soul, which ignored the aggregate state.

BigMoistJunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Yray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A soul is attached to a physical human body

Logias while in logia form don't have physical body....so nope they can't cut them.

Ob1Toe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ob1Toe

@yray: The soul doesnt exist on a physical plane in the first place....... This arguement makes 0 sense, you cant claim a soul stops existing on a plane it doesnt exist on just because someone goes intangible

Avatar image for deactivated-610a41ad42f50
deactivated-610a41ad42f50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One_of_Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caocao said:

There is no question, why they shouldn´t. A soul is a superior concept in comparison to to physical laws/elements in the most cases of fiction. Soul Reapers wouldn´t cut through the element, or the Haki. They would cut through the soul, which ignored the aggregate state.

I generally agree with this, but there is a difference between souls in the majority of fiction and souls in Bleach. While most fictional works have souls that are completely intangible, souls in Bleach are completely tangible, they can interact with physical objects and humans, they even have internal organs, bones, blood. The only commons trait that they share with souls in other fiction is that they are mostly invisible and can enter their own physical bodies.

Avatar image for deactivated-61364388226ff
deactivated-61364388226ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caocao said:

I generally agree with this, but there is a difference between souls in the majority of fiction and souls in Bleach. While most fictional works have souls that are completely intangible, souls in Bleach are completely tangible, they can interact with physical objects and humans, they even have internal organs, bones, blood. The only commons trait that they share with souls in other fiction is that they are mostly invisible and can enter their own physical bodies.

Hmm... i didn´t saw that before, you got a good point. Under normal circumstances it should work, but based on Bleach i am not so sure anymore.

BrickTheSiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caocao: I'm not sure either. Soul Reapers being able to directly cut the soul of mortals gets contradicted during the fight between Ichigo and Ginjo. Did Ginjo's soul got destroyed by Ichigo? No, he was shown to be training in the soul society. Ginjo was just a human with powers, but a human over all. Is hard to tell if soul reapers can not destroy human souls or if the souls in bleach just don't work like other fictional works.

Hayabusa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brickthesiren: ginjo was a soul reaper once. And if you have enough spiritual pressure you can sort of interact with or protect yourself from spiritual attacks. Hollows are able to interact with humand cause they try to eat them. But when orihime's brother first appeared he hit tatsuki out of rage and knocked orihime's soul from her body.

Then when chad managed to punch shieker, rukia and the hollow thought that was impossible considering hd still couldn't see it

BrickTheSiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayabusa77: Okay, that's helpful. Do you think the only characters that could resist an attack from Soul Reapers or Hollows would be Big Mom and Brook thanks to the nature of their abilities?

Hayabusa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brickthesiren: maybe. Also i think armament haki could probably counter them also.

BrickTheSiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayabusa77: As long as is not something like soul crush then yeah, maybe.

Although, maybe if they cover their whole body with Haki like Vergo or Pica they can survive it...? I guess we will have to wait and see if Haki hurts Brook or if Haki can save you from getting your soul removed by Big Mom

RevivedGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why not unless someone can show me this logina thing transcending the concept of soul altogether.

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@caocao: I'm not sure either. Soul Reapers being able to directly cut the soul of mortals gets contradicted during the fight between Ichigo and Ginjo. Did Ginjo's soul got destroyed by Ichigo? No, he was shown to be training in the soul society. Ginjo was just a human with powers, but a human over all. Is hard to tell if soul reapers can not destroy human souls or if the souls in bleach just don't work like other fictional works

That's because soul reapers can kill souls, but they don't "die" per say, they Just Send them into the reincarnation cycle and get reincarnated in the next world. That's why Ginjo is Okay. It's like that to maintain the balance of souls. That's why the Quincy who actually destroy souls cuz such a mess.

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_of_two:

generally agree with this, but there is a difference between souls in the majority of fiction and souls in Bleach. While most fictional works have souls that are completely intangible, souls in Bleach are completely tangible, they can interact with physical objects and humans, they even have internal organs, bones, blood. The only commons trait that they share with souls in other fiction is that they are mostly invisible and can enter their own physical bodies.

You're thinking soul reapers and hollows(and other high spirit beings)whose high spiritual energy Grants them a physical body for themselves so they can interact with the material world. the actual generic souls are intangible, they can posses birds and toys and act like souls for the most part.

The reason the souls seems differ from Most of fiction is because the series is mostly about souls interacting with themselves on a spiritual level. while other series treat souls as another plane of existence that can't be interacted with. If I were to take another series that's majorly about souls, like supernatural (CW series) the souls act like your generic souls but there was a story line (IIRC) were Sam and Dean went to purgatory and killed souls by literally beheading them with a machete.

BrickTheSiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saxz: (I'm on a phone so I can't quote you. Sorry)

"That's because soul reapers can kill souls, but they don't "die" per say, they Just Send them into the reincarnation cycle and get reincarnated in the next world. That's why Ginjo is Okay. It's like that to maintain the balance of souls. That's why the Quincy who actually destroy souls cuz such a mess."

Thanks for the information. Although is a bit confusing when you say "they can kill souls but they don't die". If you kill a soul, wouldn't that mean that there is no cycle of reincarnation to be sent to? Just like you said, that's what Quincy's do and that's why they were hunt and killed.

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Saxz

@brickthesiren:

No probs quoting is overrated anyway....

Honestly it's hard for me to explain, so I get you when you say it's confusing.

It's like the difference in belief between an atheist and a Christian, say John was killed in The real world. One believes when he dies he cease to exist and the other believes death is just passing on to be reincarnated in another world. The point is in both scenarios John was killed. But he really isn't Dead in the latter. Aaargh I know it's still confusing but I can't brainstorm a better analogy.

You know what throw that analogy away.....Basically what I am trying to say is if a soul it's killed in bleach, it's sent into the reincarnation cycle and reborn(either as themselves or another personality), The fact that they got reborn doesn't mean they didn't die in the first place. That's why it's called reincarnation, but the Quincy Just straight up cancel that cycle of rebirth , others like Ichibei can do it too. I think the difference is one is death And the other is existence Erasure, these two sometimes mean the same thing but they can be mutually exclusive

Hayabusa77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brickthesiren: it depends which soul crush. If talking about aizen's transcendence then no human or spirit can touch or get near him with the exception of haki maybe unless they equal a captain in spiritual pressure.

If normal SC, that is actually more of conquerors haki as it is not entirely passive (can be focused for greater effect or specific people then just rise of power) as it forces the opponent to feel the pressure of their rietsu and can cause fear, fainting, or a feeling of increased gravity for those effected