Can Smaug (movie version) solo the battle of Winterfell

ponamis999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can Smaug (movie version) solo the battle of Winterfell (28 votes)

Smaug protects Bran and decimates the entire army and kills the Night King 46%
Smaug eventually wipes them all out but fails to fully protect Bran who is killed 14%
Smaug last for quite a long time and decimates a good portion of the army but eventually goes down/gets overwhelmed. Bran is killed. 14%
Smaug last only for a short time and quickly goes down. Bran is killed. 4%
Lol the Night King and Viserion can solo. 14%
Result 7%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In an alternate dimension, the Night King mounted on Viserion and his army of Wights, Undead Giants, and White Walkers are attacking Winterfell, except all defending forces (including Daenerys and her two dragons and Jon Snow) have vanished and are replaced by the one and only Smaug.

Essentially all of Winterfell is deserted except for Bran who is sitting in the Godswood and Smaug to protect him.

All set up defenses (the unlit trench, any pre installed barricades and obstacles if any) are still there.

All Night King abilities (ice spear, blizzard) are allowed.

Can Smaug wipe out the whole army and kill the Night King and protect Bran?

• 
nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, GoT dragons have better feats with their casual city wall-busting fire strikes, and the strike did nothing to Night King.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smaug catches a javelin to the chest from the Night King. Plus the NK is only vulnerable to dragonglass under the Weirwood tree so unless Smaug picks up some knife skills he's not winning.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingofwakanda: @nn5: GoT dragons were taken out by big arrows, nothing suggests GoT night kings javelin is better than greyjoys arrows other than "its magic".

Smaug is so beasty he wasn't even phased by black arrows that were hitting him until the 1 fluke shot. Black arrows would kill the GoT dragons.

Smaug destroys everything. Night king can get crushed or bitten in 2

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he can.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: That's fair actually but still GoT dragons have better striking, and Night King survived that.

captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nn5: not to call you out on every point but what striking feat does Viserion have over Smaug?

Smaug has a couple feats for himself too in DoS

GoT dragons would be alot better fighters IMO. They all grew up with each other so they have more experience fighting against other dragons than smaug does.

UnbanPleaseTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Absolutely not. The three dragons should wear him down a-lot.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can crush the knight king with one foot

Avatar image for deactivated-5e59dd5190955
deactivated-5e59dd5190955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrows are going to do diddly squat to Smaug, regardless if they're big or not. The dude was clearly lucky when he struck Smaug in that one small weak point. Not to mention Danny's dragons are kinda dull brained. They're animals in every aspect. Smaug is an intelligent, devious and cunning creature that has lived for many years and killed an ARMY by HIMSELF.

Winterfell has no such knowledge of Smaugs weakness. He clears.

captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbanpleasety: it's only viserion, undead viserion but it's only the night kings army. He doesn't get 3 dragons.

Avatar image for melkorisbeatmod
melkorisbeatmod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smaug clears somewhat easily i'd think

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smaug solos easily. He’s smarter, bigger and faster than Dany’s dragons and pretty much invulnerable except for one small spot on his body.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't imagine Smaug would survive a javelin from the Night King, but he's not going to struggle with any of Danny's dragons, lol.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: the scorpion used to take down the got dragons are actually larger than the ones used to fire the black arrows,

There is literally nothing that shows black arrows are inherently better than the scorpion used in got.

and actually the distance the scorpion is shown to operate at is massively superior to the wind lance used to fire the black arrows, when the first dragon is killed by Euron the distance the boat is from the dragon is quite ridiculous.

Night king gets a new dragon

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOT scorpions >>>>Black Arrow.

Smaug is about as durable as a jelly based on that scene.

To be fair, he does have decent strength/durability feats(eg smashing giant metal gate).

captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@skrskr: @war_of_light_2814:

while I'm not going to try defending a NLF, LOTR black arrows would drop GoT dragons. I think that is a fair assumption.

At the same time, black arrows had ZERO penetration on Smaugs scales. NK's javelin would likely do something, but I dont see Smaug getting shredded by 1 hit.

Perhaps it would be similar to the scorpion Bronn used against Danny. That scorpion wasn't enough to kill but several shots to the wings/body did ground him.

Realistically the only threat here is NK, even Viserion isn't a threat. And the only thing NK has to scratch Smaug is a couple javelins (which are likely limited in supply. While I assume there limited because NK didnt bother using javelins at Winterfell; maybe he forgotXD)

war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse said:

@skrskr: @war_of_light_2814:

while I'm not going to try defending a NLF, LOTR black arrows would drop GoT dragons. I think that is a fair assumption.

At the same time, black arrows had ZERO penetration on Smaugs scales. NK's javelin would likely do something, but I dont see Smaug getting shredded by 1 hit.

Perhaps it would be similar to the scorpion Bronn used against Danny. That scorpion wasn't enough to kill but several shots to the wings/body did ground him.

Realistically the only threat here is NK, even Viserion isn't a threat. And the only thing NK has to scratch Smaug is a couple javelins (which are likely limited in supply. While I assume there limited because NK didnt bother using javelins at Winterfell; maybe he forgotXD)

I'm not even arguing who wins here. All I did is saying scorpion> black arrow.

As for damage of BA on Smaug, the fact that a hand-drawn arrow can penetrate him deep enough to kill him make Smaug durability(flesh, not scale) look pretty bad.

As I said, I'm not arguing for anyone here.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

The Night King can drop him in my opinion, but he is the only one who can.

When you look at what Qyburn's upgraded scorpion did to Rhaegal:

No Caption Provided

vs what The Night King did to Viserion:

No Caption Provided

and then consider just how powerful Qyburn's upgraded scorpions are:

No Caption Provided

You realise how absurdly strong The Night King was. When The Night King's shot lands, it seems like the spear went clean through and out the other side of Viserion, given that we see fire emerging from two wounds and the spear is nowhere to be seen as Viserion crashes to the Ice.

Qyburn's, on the other hand, went in a foot or two at most.

With a clean shot, I think that he can probably drop him here, though it's all riding on The Night King, the rest are pretty much redundant.

I may be underestimating the damage output of the Black Arrows though, it's been a while but I don't remember them being as powerful as Qyburn's scorpions, and The Night King's throws are far, far more powerful than even those.

captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_of_light_2814: my dude, I only tagged you cause I thought you wanted to be part of the discussion.

Smaugs flesh is super squishy. I was talking about smaugs scales vs. NKs javelin. I dont think his missing scale will be a factor in this fight

I thought the wind lance had to have a pulley to draw the strings?

war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse said:

@war_of_light_2814: my dude, I only tagged you cause I thought you wanted to be part of the discussion.

Smaugs flesh is super squishy. I was talking about smaugs scales vs. NKs javelin. I dont think his missing scale will be a factor in this fight

Ok, I merely stating why I think Smaug durability is bad based on that particular scene, referring to my original post in this thread.

I thought the wind lance had to have a pulley to draw the strings?

I don't know about the wind lance, Smaug destroys it anyway. Bard didn't use any mechanical as far as I can tell, just his son and hand-drawn string to kill Smaug.

captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By captain_inverse

@war_of_light_2814: Bards shot hit smaugs exposed flesh, not his scales, that allowed the arrow to go straight into smaugs chest.

The wind Lance's did zero damage to Smaug when he attacked Erebor. They dont show them being drawn (just fired)in the hobbit, but the Windlances are WAY, WAY too big to be pulled back by hand.

Perhaps someone with more LOTR knowledge knows more specifics from the Hobbit book or Tolkien's lore books/writings. I dont personally remember but it's been awhile

war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: Did you even read what I said? 1.Whether Smaug scale can be penetrate by black arrow has nothing to do with what i'm saying. 2.Bard didn't use the windlance when he kill Smaug.

user96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

tsunamiwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NK and Viserion take him out.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can’t for reasons posted above. Night king should be able to pierce him with enough hits and night king showed some accuracy with those javelins.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cpt_nice

Smaug,if he plays his cards right

He should be comparable in size to Viserion and a lot smarter and more experienced, as he is thousands of years old. So he could beat him. His scales make him near on impervious to damage, so I doubt anything but a direct hit on his weak spot will face him. And he is very aware of this, so he will play it smart. If his fire cant touch the NK, nothing is stopping him from just flinging him one country over with his tail or mouth.

Besides Viserion and the NK, no one present is any threat to him.

Supermod111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With ease.