Avatar image for deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243
Posted by deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243 (3439 posts) 3 months, 20 days ago

Poll: Can smallville superman tank these hits from thor? (32 votes)

Yes. 59%
No. 38%
Results. 3%

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#1 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14276 posts) - - Show Bio

why do this??? lol

I'm gonna try and stay away from this thread this time

Avatar image for deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243
#2 Posted by deactivated-5ace9ec1d0243 (3439 posts) - - Show Bio

why do this??? lol

Well this time the thread is more debatable. i think the general consensus is that dceu superman would die.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (41638 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah easily. Sorry but that particular hit is nothing special

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#4 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (4759 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
#5 Posted by deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8 (3527 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
#6 Posted by deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00 (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

why do this??? lol

#7 Posted by LeeHaralsonjr (232 posts) - - Show Bio

He could tank that sleeping. Dceu Supes could too, that hit is nothing special.

#8 Posted by Batvibe12 (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#9 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (5990 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by EmpressOfDread (7187 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ThunderPrince (5352 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayfreeman said:
@allstarsuperman said:

I haven't seen Smallville but I wanted to make sure you guys know the context behind these strikes. The GIF in the OP doesn't properly do justice to Thor's strike, the strike was so hard that it created an earthquake that was felt in NYC even though the city was hundreds of miles away. The shock waves of the strike created a tsunami capable of destroying NYC. These are excerpts taken from another thread. credit for these comments go to @drpepperman and @paytience

If supes got hit with a hammer shot that caused a magnitude 9 earthquake with it's shock waves? If you were standing on the shoreline when that happens, you stand about a hundred percent chance of being vaporized by the pressure wave. That's a 480 megaton nuke going off in your face. That's just the shock wave of impact force. 1.995262e+18 joules.

That's an uru hammer transferring half a gigaton of force into an area like 9-10 inches in diameter.

It was lightning that did that, so Clark is feeling that on his INSIDES, not just the outside.

Actually, look up the distance from new York to Pennsylvania, and that's at least the distance that the shockwave had to travel, and at that length the shockwaves would be a fraction of what they were near the actual point, which in turn are dwarfed by the actual hit, that is going to be lighting up Clark's INSIDES, as well as doing more to him than what a normal blunt hit would do since Clark has no impressive lightning resistance feats.

#12 Posted by KanyeCosby (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

He tanks it

#13 Posted by EjorpSnruteR (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestormfate1919 said:
@jayfreeman said:
@allstarsuperman said:

I haven't seen Smallville but I wanted to make sure you guys know the context behind these strikes. The GIF in the OP doesn't properly do justice to Thor's strike, the strike was so hard that it created an earthquake that was felt in NYC even though the city was hundreds of miles away. The shock waves of the strike created a tsunami capable of destroying NYC. These are excerpts taken from another thread. credit for these comments go to @drpepperman and @paytience

If supes got hit with a hammer shot that caused a magnitude 9 earthquake with it's shock waves? If you were standing on the shoreline when that happens, you stand about a hundred percent chance of being vaporized by the pressure wave. That's a 480 megaton nuke going off in your face. That's just the shock wave of impact force. 1.995262e+18 joules.

That's an uru hammer transferring half a gigaton of force into an area like 9-10 inches in diameter.

It was lightning that did that, so Clark is feeling that on his INSIDES, not just the outside.

Actually, look up the distance from new York to Pennsylvania, and that's at least the distance that the shockwave had to travel, and at that length the shockwaves would be a fraction of what they were near the actual point, which in turn are dwarfed by the actual hit, that is going to be lighting up Clark's INSIDES, as well as doing more to him than what a normal blunt hit would do since Clark has no impressive lightning resistance feats.

Why would this do anything to him, when stronger things haven't? That makes no sense.

#14 Posted by Emperorb777 (10034 posts) - - Show Bio

He tanks it easliy.

#15 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14276 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark's durrabillity is way overrated.

Smallville Superman was only impressive in strength and speed.

His best durrabillity feat is taking a hit from Doomsday who hits nowhere near as hard as this

#16 Posted by theyoungwolf (294 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: right on time lmao lemme guess you think Clark loses to Cap too don’t you?

#17 Posted by ThunderPrince (5352 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter: As I said, I haven't seen smallville. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the full context of the feat. The question is whether or not Smallville Superman has any durability feats on this level and I currently haven't seen any. I going to refrain from voting until this page gets about 50 or so comments, and if none of those comments provide good enough feats for Clark than I going to vote no.

#18 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria said:

Clark's durrabillity is way overrated.

Smallville Superman was only impressive in strength and speed.

His best durrabillity feat is taking a hit from Doomsday who hits nowhere near as hard as this

So a being who can hurt someone who was in the core of the sun, took a blast that had "half a continent" leveling power, stronger than his cousin who absorbed a nuke (early season 7), and literally survived something that destroyed earth ON PANEL, and this is supposed to be the impressive feat Clark couldn't take?

His durability isn't overrated, his downplayers are.

P.S. Don't even let me have fun with that moon moving feat...

#19 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14276 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by theyoungwolf (294 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: what’s the “???” For? You always lowball tf out of Superman. That’s what I’m saying.

#21 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14276 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter:

Tanking Nukes is nothing for high tiers

surviving and tanking are very different.

This guy survived the destruction of 2 universes exploding yet was still bloodied by Hulk

No Caption Provided

I could probably find more examples

The OP asks if he could tank those hits my answer is no, striking and lifting feats aren't durability feats last I checked

#22 Edited by _KingofLatveria (14276 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: what’s the “???” For? You always lowball tf out of Superman. That’s what I’m saying.

cool story bro, sorry I lowballed your childhood icon

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
#23 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (2105 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman getting wanked again, those strikes were city busting (New York would of been destroyed if it wasn't for Iron Man). One of you supe fanboys prove to me smallville supes can tank city busting strikes.

#24 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince said:

@ejorpsnruter: As I said, I haven't seen smallville. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the full context of the feat. The question is whether or not Smallville Superman has any durability feats on this level and I currently haven't seen any. I going to refrain from voting until this page gets about 50 or so comments, and if none of those comments provide good enough feats for Clark than I going to vote no.

He was in the sun and in something that destroyed a planet on panel.

Done.

Edit: Now that I look at it again, it may be worse. In one panel you see a large segment of Earth get eviscerated, but you see countless stars in the background. After Clark and Lois teleported away, it finished the job, but this time, you see no visible stars in the background.

That's Smallville Chaos issue 5 and 6 if you must know.

#25 Posted by EjorpSnruteR (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter:

Tanking Nukes is nothing for high tiers

surviving and tanking are very different.

This guy survived the destruction of 2 universes exploding yet was still bloodied by Hulk

No Caption Provided

I could probably find more examples

The OP asks if he could tank those hits my answer is no, striking and lifting feats aren't durability feats last I checked

R...... relevance?

#26 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14276 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter:

what relevance? You mixed striking and durrabillity feats for Doomsday when they're both very different lol

#27 Posted by EjorpSnruteR (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter:

what relevance? You mixed striking and durrabillity feats for Doomsday when they're both very different lol

This thread is about Clark first and foremost. Everything I mentioned were stuff Clark tanked/endured.

Then I mention that Doomsday still lolnope that durability.

Do you even know how this hobby works?

#28 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14276 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter:

indeed, he tanked a hit from a guy who survived in the sun? Why is that impressive? Cause he stayed in the sun???

Stronger than a guy who could absorb nukes? How is this relevant?

Survived a planetary attack...finally, a quantifiable durrabillity feat yet surviving and tanking are both very different though

#29 Posted by KanyeCosby (4549 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this feat even consistent for Thor?

#30 Posted by Worldofthunder (3937 posts) - - Show Bio

The dude no-sold a nuke as a teenager, pretty sure he can tank this as an adult where he's far more powerful and stronger than he was when he no-sold the nuke.

#31 Posted by ThunderPrince (5352 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by ThunderPrince (5352 posts) - - Show Bio

@kanyecosby: Yes, the episode was partly about Thor unleashing his full power and not holding back. Thor has one-shotted the Superadaptiod a being with the combined durability of the entire avengers on two different occasions. Thor has also one-shotted the Hulk who can tank explosions big enough to dwarf planets on two different occasions. So this particular feat isn't an outlier.

#33 Posted by EcoBlitz (1455 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: if you think nukes compare to that strike I laugh at you in aztec

#34 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14276 posts) - - Show Bio

The dude no-sold a nuke as a teenager, pretty sure he can tank this as an adult where he's far more powerful and stronger than he was when he no-sold the nuke.

Nukes are nothing for high tiers, street tiers have survived Nukes this guy is a supposed high tier. As I mentioned earlier his best feat is tanking a hit from Doomsday who does not hit this hard.

#35 Posted by theyoungwolf (294 posts) - - Show Bio

@_kingoflatveria: so it’s “childhood icon” because I acknowledge what you’ve done in SEVERAL threads relating to the same character? Lol chill with the passive aggressiveness.

#36 Posted by _KingofLatveria (14276 posts) - - Show Bio

@theyoungwolf: No you acknowledge something you're triggered about, if you have a problem with how I view Superman you acct say whats wrong in my statements other than "lowballer". K, great talk

#37 Posted by theyoungwolf (294 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by ThunderPrince (5352 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter: It seems clear to me that Superman and Lois teleported out of the dimension before the wave of energy hit them. Unless you think that Lois cane tank a planet destroying attack. Based on the feats I've seen so far Superman can't survive these attacks.

#39 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince said:

@ejorpsnruter: It seems clear to me that Superman and Lois teleported out of the dimension before the wave of energy hit them. Unless you think that Lois cane tank a planet destroying attack. Based on the feats I've seen so far Superman can't survive these attacks.

That isnt when he got put in the Bleed.

Based on Clark's feats and this thread's feat display, he laughs that off.

P.S. Seems to be some double standards here. Clark has to prove by way of shown feats that he can survive that, but Thor doesnt have to prove by way of shown feats that that is any more impressive than stuff he tanked in just the TV series.

#40 Posted by ThunderPrince (5352 posts) - - Show Bio

@ejorpsnruter:

That isnt when he got put in the bleed.

Then when did he get put into the bleed? You told me it was in Smallville issue 5-6 and I read both issues along with issue 7 but I couldn't find it. Please direct me toward the issue when it happened.

Based on Clark's feats and this thread's feat display, he laughs that off.

The only durability feats besides the one you told me that I've seen is Clark tanking a nuke and this attack is much more powerful than any nuke.

P.S. Seems to be some double standards here. Clark has to prove by way of shown feats that he can survive that, but Thor doesn't have to prove by way of shown feats that that is any more impressive than stuff he tanked in just the TV series.

I've already provided evidence about how powerful this particular Thor attack was in post 11 but I'll quote myself again to refresh your memory.

#41 Edited by EjorpSnruteR (640 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at home so I cant grab the issue numbers, but

He did a MoS World Engine esque feat against one of the Monitor's ship (which is also a good strength feat, since it cab traverse the Bleed. Though it was an internal type deal as even he admits he cant affect their ship). This messed him up a bit but he healed when he went above the clouds

Ray Lan hit him with a portable one I believe

He was dumped into it around the end of Chaos after he got off the alternate earth Darkseid was on (the earth him and Lois teleported in that issue I showed) They boarded a Monitor ship and they got captured. He was placed inside a containment that they filled up with Bleed and then dumped him into Bleed space. He had the endurance to get out of the containment, fly THROUGH bleed space and use the bleed that was all on him to bust open the ship.

Around the end of Continuity, he was hit with Blue Bleed. Which is the Bleed on double duty crack.

But this is all irrelevant as you cant counter the kinetic energy of a planet sized object moving at magnitudes the speed of sound and not have sufficient durability to take the ensuing force. And that is just off that feat alone, which needs no introduction (nothing here for Thor suggest it is even a fraction that)