Can Silver Surfer beat Green Scar?

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can Silver Surfer beat Green Scar? (188 votes)

Green Scar 18%
Silver Surfer 82%

Me and other users were having a conversation on whether Silver Surfer can defeat Green Scar by absorbing Hulk's Gamma or not. I was telling him Rulk who had absorbed Savage Hulk's Gamma before and leave Banner without transforming by a while was unable to absorb him. Yet he says Silver can still absorb him

here is the comments and the thread

Besides High Skyfather Tier beings Who can beat Word Breaker Hulk? - Gen. Discussion - Comic Vine

Besides High Skyfather Tier beings Who can beat Word Breaker Hulk? - Gen. Discussion - Comic Vine

Then bc they couldn't back up they ask me to do a poll

So what do you guys think can SS absorb GS even though multiple people where unable to do so?

• 
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By never give up

Loading Video...

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By never give up
Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SupremeGeneration

I believe he actually has absorbed Hulk before. I'll try and find scan.

Edit:

No Caption Provided

@divell

Not sure if picture loads, but he has done it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edit:

No Caption Provided

@divell

Yes but that's Savage Hulk. I'm talking about Green Scar, who mutiple people who have been capable of absorb Hulk's gamma before couldn't.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divell: I can't answer being certain but I'd wager he could...

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By never give up

@divell said:
@supremegeneration said:

Edit:

No Caption Provided

@divell

Yes but that's Savage Hulk. I'm talking about Green Scar, who mutiple people who have been capable of absorb Hulk's gamma before couldn't.

I knew that would happen.

No one go any further with this thread lol.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Hulk was being drained for seven hours at a time by spike elders who drain stars, and Planet Hulk was significantly weaker than World War Hulk. IF Surfer can drain him, it's going to take a very long ass time.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@divell Let's do this step-by-step.

1) How did WBH originally lose in the World War Hulk arc? (I know the answer, I want you to explain what happened to me, because I have a feeling this interpretation is where the problem lies.)

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Hulk but I think Surfer still takes him in this from. If he fights to his abilities.

Kai_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, he can, easily too

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer doesn't need to drain him to beat him but sure he can do that too

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) How did WBH originally lose in the World War Hulk arc? (I know the answer, I want you to explain what happened to me, because I have a feeling this interpretation is where the problem lies.)

He was drained by Intelliga (sp.?) using Tony's and the government’s satellites with Hulk WANTING to be taken down, so not resisting at all.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer doesn't need to drain him to beat him but sure he can do that too

Yea.

But this thread won't end well.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BC he let the Tony K'o him with a orbital canon.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divell said:
@avatar_of_green said:

M.O.D.O.K. took over those satellites and used that siphoned gamma to turn Ross into Rulk.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divell said:
@avatar_of_green said:

M.O.D.O.K. took over those satellites and used that siphoned gamma to turn Ross into Rulk.

who in the past absorbed Hulk's gamma but can't absorb Green Scar.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@divell said:
@avatar_of_green said:

@divell 2) and that orbital cannon did what to him? We know he reverted to Bruce Banner and "died", but how exactly did the cannon affect him? Damage? Draining? (Hint: There is a right answer.)

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divell said:
@avatar_of_green said:

@divell 2) and that orbital cannon did what to him? We know he reverted to Bruce Banner and "died", but how exactly did the cannon affect him? Damage? Draining? (Hint: There is a right answer.)

absorbing the gamma power but how powerful was that canon?

No Caption Provided

when WBH couldn't be absorbed by Rulk who had before absorbed Savage Hulk, who guess what? Post Sakaar is stronger than Pre Sakaar the only Hulk SS has absorbed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@divell said:
@avatar_of_green said:
@divell said:
@avatar_of_green said:

No Caption Provided

when WBH couldn't be absorbed by Rulk who had before absorbed Savage Hulk, who guess what? Post Sakaar is stronger than Pre Sakaar the only Hulk SS has absorbed.

Well at least you admit that some Earth made equipment can drain World Breaker Hulk's gamma radiation and revert him back to human form. No doubt Surfer could do the same... though honestly I have never seen Surfer pull energy directly from someone's body, so maybe someone else has a scan to prove that it is possible for Surfer... wait... @supremegeneration just did.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't put Rulks absorption abilities anywhere near Surfers. So i believe Surfer can. But if someone like Vulcan tried and failed then I'd reconsider. Who has tried to drain Green Scar?

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@divell said:
@avatar_of_green said:
@divell said:
@avatar_of_green said:

No Caption Provided

Well at least you admit that some Earth made equipment can drain World Breaker Hulk's gamma radiation and revert him back to human form. No doubt Surfer could do the same... though honestly I have never seen Surfer pull energy directly from someone's body, so maybe someone else has a scan to prove that it is possible for Surfer... wait... @supremegeneration just did.

• He walks right through gamma inhibitor cannons being fired on him.
  • Rulk fails to drain enough gamma radiation from World War Hulk to even knock him unconscious.

1 PIS object that we don't know how much more powerful than SS's absorbing abilities are is able to absorb's power yet other people who can absorb Savage Hulk can't.

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty:

TBH I've always thought that Surfer uses draining on Hulk because the Hulk is his friend, rather than it being the easiest way to win. It's also worth noting that Surfers and Rulks absorbing abilities are very different. Rulk has been shown only draining specific energies (unlike Surfer who can drain pretty much the spectrum) it's very possible that Rulk can't absorb the type of energy coming from WWH.....I mean Although WWH is no Doomsday, he has shown certain adaptive qualities......I mean I'm just spit balling, Hulk in general has always been given the "because reasons" style of writing.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

I'm gonna go ahead and say no. Greenscar had great control over his gamma radiation and could forcibly give it to people draing him if he wanted to, likewise if he didn't want you to have it, you weren't getting it.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@avatar_of_green: hulk let the cathexis Ray drain him.., paks hulk could forcibly give people his gamma if they tried to drain him (a tactic he used to beat this demon guy). Red hulk is literally a walking cathexis Ray and when hulk didn't want to be drained, he wasn't drained.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

He probably can via absorption and many other ways too.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@serpinethegreen: rulk can drain basically anything -_-

That's the reason why he used to be so overpowered; he just siphoned everything he could including the power cosmic, gamma radiation, asgardian energies (from odin force thor, and according to modok could have drained angir), the watcher, grandmaster and so on.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: rulk can drain basically anything -_-

That's the reason why he used to be so overpowered; he just siphoned everything he could including the power cosmic, gamma radiation, asgardian energies (from odin force thor, and according to modok could have drained angir), the watcher, grandmaster and so on.

Ah, good ol' Loeb Force Rulk.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel:

That argument has no relevance, Rulk didn't have the LOEB force during WWH.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined:

Just read your op.....I love how you focused souly on draining....hilarious that after all your "big talk" saying SS can't beat Hulk save molecule manipulation, I thought you'd be confident enough to give him all his powers EXCEPT said molecule manipulation...... Well I guess your big talk was just that. Talk.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:

There's a writer named Jeph Loeb infamous for his awful writings and stories primarily to do with Rulk.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:

There's a writer named Jeph Loeb infamous for his awful writings and stories primarily to do with Rulk.

And Rulk did not have Loebforce when he fought WWH?

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: You do realize Rulk never even existed during the WWH event? And later he fought WWH(Green Scar) and it was written by Jeph Loeb himself?

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:

Wow? Loeb let Rulk lose.....how unusual..... still it explains the awful writing. Loeb has a beautiful way of writing cr@p.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AtheistKnowledge

@serpinethegreen: Loebs Rulk lost a few times actually, people seem to ignore those situations and just focus on high end feats they don't like.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@serpinethegreen said:

@atheistknowledge:

Wow? Loeb let Rulk lose.....how unusual..... still it explains the awful writing. Loeb has a beautiful way of writing cr@p.

Yeah even if that is true that would be some version of WWH though (I guess) not WBH who was drained, on-panel. @thedailybagel Where does it say he had control over it? Someone prove that.

Besides the vote speaks for itself.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BlueHope

" Besides High Skyfather Tier beings Who can beat Word Breaker Hulk?"

Silver Surfer , Sentry and Thor easily

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Silver Surfer

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah but be careful not to tell to any Hulk fans :-| won't end well

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:

TBH I focus on it because of the DC comic Hush.....I liked Hush, it was an interesting story fur Batman (that didn't involve Joker) so I was incredibly disappointed that the same writer (Jeph Loeb) created something so awful the whole "Rulk phenomenon" TBF his run on ultimates doesn't help.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green:

I'm rather pleased by the poll. The guy was being such a....well you can probably guess....I mean my invitation here had the accusation of me being a SS fanboy.. ...which TBF isn't completely wrong, hes easily my favorite herald class character.....but calling me one in a Hulk vs SS thread...Nope.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope said:

Yea because Thor has such an ease time with regular versions of the Hulk, just recently he got oneshoted by a mind controlled Hulk lol.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BlueHope

@atheistknowledge said:
@bluehope said:

Yea because Thor has such an ease time with regular versions of the Hulk, just recently he got oneshoted by a mind controlled Hulk lol.

That's because everytime Thor fight Hulk he forget that he have hundreds of abilities that can easily beat him: BFR,Energy absortion,Godblast,Throw mjolnir at ftl speeds...etc

But Marvel have to sell their comics and no fan would find Thor beating Hulk in 3 seconds cool

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluehope: He doesn't forget he has hundreds of abilities, the reason he fights the way he fights against Hulk is because it's in his character and for some reason some people just can't get that through their heads, BFR Hulk wont be easy, energy absorption would not work, godblast takes time and can easily miss and if he does he is vulnerable, he can't throw Mljonir at FTL speed because Thor can't move his hand at FTL speed.

serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge:

I'd say quite a bit comes down to the fact Thor doesn't want to kill Hulk aswell. I mean when your power is all but unmeasurable strength (I know he has more) and a weapon like Mjonir....well.....It's far easier to kill someone than knock them out. Im not saying Hulk is (by any means) a push over, but if Thor really wanted to kill him. He'd kill him.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpinethegreen: There are 4 separate occasions where Thor wanted and even stated he will kill Hulk, he wont hold back and yet nothing changed. So the comics actually disagree with you there.