Can Naruto react to Kizaru's "Yata no Kagami"

• 172 results
GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can Naruto react to Kizaru's "Yata no Kagami" (95 votes)

Yes, easily 45%
Yes but barely 23%
No. 32%

• 
Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

First 3 votes are an even split

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Yeet.

Nah he definitely could in So6p mode

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. He can react to LS attacks with Precog.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably, hard to say.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thelocust619

Yes, and much easier than when he dodged LF.

Naruto dodged light moving in a straight line from point blank. With the light farther away and rebounding for no reason (and thusly taking even longer), Naruto could probably even counter, not just dodge.

POLL: "Yes easily" is winning, though I voted the middle option.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe with sage mode or bijuu mode activated Naruto would need a precog amp to do it

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah.

Big_News

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Big_News

Nope lightspeed was described to be unavoidable according to the Naruto databook so he's not reacting

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its light speed then hell no, Naruto is mhs++

Big_News

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_news said:

Nope lightspeed was described to be unavoidable according to the Naruto databook so he's not reacting

That's a figure of speech...

Then the fact that the attack is lightspeed is questionable too if you're gonna descredit later part of the statement don't get to pick and choose

Ultimate702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_news: well the reason people take it seriously isn't just cuz of the databook but bc of the actual attack. It's clearly a beam of light emitting from Madara's mouth. It also follows the principles of light (it moves in a str8 line) so people have reason to believe that it will also follow the speed of light.

Idk tho I'm not supporting one side just giving some insight

Big_News

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_news said:
@valor_175 said:
@big_news said:

Then the fact that the attack is lightspeed is questionable too if you're gonna descredit later part of the statement don't get to pick and choose

No it isn't. Saying that it's unavoidable is a figure of speech, because it is possible to avoid it, while saying that it is lightspeed is simply a statement.

Saying it's unavoidable is a statement too and doesn't become a figure of speech until disproven, Same way saying it's light speed is a statement and doesn't become a figure of speech unless disproven.

The manga depicts the scene differently than the anime does, and the databook backs up the manga's description the databook goes out of its way of mentioning because it's lightspeed that the attack is unavoidable, and even mentioned Madara attempted to "bisect" Naruto with the tech, from what it shown in the manga he did exactly that he fired it not directly at Naruto and procceded to turn his head to bisect him with the beam this is consistent with the databook'a description of the attack because it doesn't disprove anything it stated, where as the anime depection of him outright evading the attack is inconsistent with the databook's description of the attack being unavoidable due to its lightspeed nature, because in the anime he clearly avoids it where as in the manga it's not clear he did (and the databook is consistent with the fact he didn't because it would have mentioned that Naruto was able to dodge it and not list it as an "unavoidable attack"

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaaaand we've got another user trying to discredit Light Fang cause of some BS reasons. These guys are a dime a dozen, I swear.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's already dodged light.

Raziel2014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Raziel2014

if he has Sage mode + all of his powerups mode on he can if not he cannot.

reacting and moving are completely different, Most humans after training can easily react to 100-150mph Baseball but they can only physically run at 15-20mph.

i suggest everyone to leave the data book alone because its BS, is the same databook that states HIruzan as teh strongest kage and a bunch of other bullshit that is not true.

Big_News

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Big_News

@thevivas: It's not BS reasons I'm using the very same databook which states the attack to be lightspeed in the first place to make an argument I'm open to debate and not thick headed like most It'd be more productive if you were to counter what I said instead of attacking

BilboBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.

Big_News

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valor_175: Why when a user respectfully disagrees its BS ? I did not once insult you or anyone or even say anything that isn't true I simply used the very same databook that says the attack is lightspeed in the first place to make an argument. Just because someone disagrees with you it's very elementary to chalk it down to BS. I'm not a stubborn person I'm open to disagreement and my opinion can be swayed if the debate presented from the opposition is strong enough. However too many of you on this site seem not know how to have a disagreement without spitting venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AvatarReiko

wether he can or can't is irrelevant. Kizaru would get blitzed before he can activate the technique

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_news: You're saying it's not lightspeed because Naruto was able to dodge it. You're also saying that if he was able to dodge it, then the "it's unavoidable" statement is false, which makes the whole quote false, which means the attack isn't logjtspeed to begin with.

You then try and claim that Madara turned his head to the side, activated Light Fang, and *then* tried to attack Naruto with it when Naruto was arm's length away from him.

If that's not some BS reasons, I don't know what is. And I've seen and had this debate 100 times already. Until it gets through people's heads, I'll continue to "attack" terrible logic like that.

Trndo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He probably can dodge its but I would like to see Kizaru at his full power

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_news said:

This attack isn't even lightspeed.

Big_News

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@big_news: You're saying it's not lightspeed because Naruto was able to dodge it. You're also saying that if he was able to dodge it, then the "it's unavoidable" statement is false, which makes the whole quote false, which means the attack isn't logjtspeed to begin with.

You then try and claim that Madara turned his head to the side, activated Light Fang, and *then* tried to attack Naruto with it when Naruto was arm's length away from him.

If that's not some BS reasons, I don't know what is. And I've seen and had this debate 100 times already. Until it gets through people's heads, I'll continue to "attack" terrible logic like that.

It's not my logic it's what the guidebook says and I'm playing devils advocate, you are using the databook to say the attack is lightspeed because without it there's nothing to say it is. With that being said in the same breath the attack is mentioned to be lightspeed it's also stated to be unavoidable im challenging you to explain to me if one part of the statement is false why isn't the other ? If it is indeed the case that the attack is lightspeed but is avoidable why didn't the databook make mention of the fact that Naruto did in fact invade it ? Its because in my opinion he didn't the databook you're using to say the attack is lightspeed clearly also states it to be unavoidable even tho it was made after Naruto supposedly dodged it if we are to believe what the anime is depicting to be true the databook would have either 1. Not made the statement that the attack is unavoidable or 2. Made note that Naruto dodged the attack. Think due to this I'm pretty sure this isn't the case that he did outright dodge the beam.

And quite frankly how many times you've had or seen this debate is not relative to me for one I'm rather new to this site and my argument is not outlandish and im open to hear what you have to say and civilly debate our disagreements but if you wish to be petty and box me in with others guess it's your poragative.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_news:

It's not my logic it's what the guidebook says and I'm playing devils advocate

No you're not.

you are using the databook to say the attack is lightspeed because without it there's nothing to say it is.

Other than the fact that he uses Sage style, which uses natural elements?

With that being said in the same breath the attack is mentioned to be lightspeed it's also stated to be unavoidable im challenging you to explain to me if one part of the statement is false why isn't the other ? If it is indeed the case that the attack is lightspeed but is avoidable why didn't the databook make mention of the fact that Naruto did in fact invade it ?

You seriously think the databook has to say "this attack moves at the speed of light but Naruto dodged it!" in order to validate Naruto dodging it? What, the manga isn't good enough proof to say that Naruto can dodge it?

We've seen hyperbole and the like before in the databooks. Not everything is "word of God" there and indisputable, despite it being written by Kishimoto. We can use our brains and own deductive skills from time to time.

Its because in my opinion he didn't

He didn't what? Dodge it? When we flat out see him on-panel dodge it?

the databook you're using to say the attack is lightspeed clearly also states it to be unavoidable even tho it was made after Naruto supposedly dodged it if we are to believe what the anime is depicting to be true the databook would have either 1. Not made the statement that the attack is unavoidable or 2. Made note that Naruto dodged the attack.

Or you can accept the fact that the attack is lightspeed and that Naruto dodged it?

Unless you can actually prove that Light Fang isn't lightspeed with an example from the manga or even the anime. We know it's not unavoidable because we have proof that it's not, Naruto dodged it. You want to try and discredit the whole quote, bring proof that the attack isn't lightspeed.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think the light fang is light speed, then yes, he can.

If you don't, then no, he can't.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Simple

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@big_news said:

yet he still avoided it. so who wins, datebook saying unavoidable, or the guy who actually avoided it?

lambsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lambsauce

The guy reacted to the attack though. Did that guy have lightspeed reactions too? He couldn't dodge, but still...

OT: Not only can Naruto react and dodge it, but also counter it.

Yray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yray

Wow Naruto wankers every where ... What's wrong with this universe

Now Naruto can doge and fight at the speed of light ,,I thought I had seen it all when someone said he's a star buster

And guy in 8th gates is faster than light

Naruto dodging Madara's LF has been debunked and I have never seen any feat performed by any character debunked so perfectly the only thing that feat proved is that Naruto is fast enough to react to Madara swinging his head

Narutoverse is no where near light speed .

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yray: If you consider this thread full of Naruto wankers, then you are what's wrong with this universe.

KingFrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chair-sama: obviously the guy who dodged it, but since the statement was wrong we should throw out the datebook statements and just use what's in the manga...

the data book is always right or it is unreliable, if it's always right then it was just pre cog and he doesn't scale to it, and if it was wrong then the light speed statement was likely also hyperbole and should be thrown out.

Naruto still likely scales to the same speed tier as guy, so it doesn't change too much, but I don't see the need for a double standard for the statements.

Chair-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yray said:

Wow Naruto wankers every where ... What's wrong with this universe

really? this place is full of high/lowballers. no need to call people wankers when there is atleast a few feats that can be considered debatable.

Now Naruto can doge and fight at the speed of light ,,I thought I had seen it all when someone said he's a star buster

fight? probably not.

dodge? yes.

And guy in 8th gates is faster than light

i dont think I've seen anybody say that. what people have said is that he moved at relativistic or near-relativistic speeds. as specifically stated when he moved so fast he bent the physical space around madara.

Naruto dodging Madara's LF has been debunked and I have never seen any feat performed by any character debunked so perfectly

lmao. there have been MANY. dont even get me started on OPM and the "star busting" attack. nor with Bleach with the 1000Ri(this is coming from a bleach wanker), or with DB and their Light speed claims of the dragon Ball series, or stating that radiatz is FTL.

and thats just some of the big anime's. there are dozens of feats from Comics and such that have been so Over wanked or taken out of context or even flat out debunked(looking at you Thor/Superman)

the only thing that feat proved is that Naruto is fast enough to react to Madara swinging his head

it all depends on how you figure the move was. granted in the manga its not very clear and up to interpretation. the anime makes it pretty clear when you slow down the animation that it was going straight at him. but at the same time, thats anime vs Manga and thats a whole separate argument.

Narutoverse is no where near light speed.

well....relativistic speed is near light speed. ill admit there may not be any concrete feats for narutoverse consistently moving at light speed, but in-between the feats involving lightning/Gai's attack/ light fang and the fact that they have instant teleportation that they react too, its plausible that the high tier naruto characters can atleast manage some pretty close speeds.

if it was JUST the one Light Fang feet, you'd be right, it would be a Huge outlier and most likely way out of context. but this followed many feats that, comparably are not far off in the speed department combined with the fact that as children these ninja's in base were move at mach speeds at the age of 12.

Avatar image for great_black_star
great_black_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be. And considering Kizaru actually has to take times before lauching himself, in real combat Naruto would also predict it.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He would need his sage mode pre cog just like with madara.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If yata no kagami is lightspeed then no he cant

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By diydeath

@big_news said:
@valor_175 said:
@big_news said:

It's OP, of course Kizaru's attacks being actual light speed are questionable. OP is just about as bad as Naruto databooks for inaccurate and misleading information based on hyperbole and figure of speech instead of feats.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By diydeath

@valor_175 said:
@diydeath said:
@big_news said:
@valor_175 said:
@big_news said:

It's OP, of course Kizaru's attacks being actual light speed are questionable. OP is just about as bad as Naruto databooks for inaccurate and misleading information based on hyperbole and figure of speech instead of feats.

It's lightspeed because it is light. It literally cannot get any simpler than that.

Tell that to DC writers, it's not that simple unless you over simplify things by not thinking about things objectively. Take Barry Allen's Korea nuke feat. The author stated he's moving just under the speed of light when according to our own universe, light moves significantly faster ergo, by our real life terminology, Barry was MFTL, however in the comic it's stated that was just below light speed.

Same logic applies to One Piece. Especially since Oba is really,. really bad for things like this. We simply don't know if Kazru's attacks are actually light speed, in our terms. So unless you can prove Kizaru's attacks move as fast as photons, that's just speculation adn fan theory. At best it's not scaled to our real world terminology and is thus entirely disingenuous as an argument. Hell, just look at the cip provided previously by GXrevs06 in the OP. That is nowhere near the sped of light. Nowhere near...so as long as we use real world terminology to define feats, Kizaru is NOT light speed at the moment.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

Considering what is used to gauge DB feats, by that same reasoning so is any Dragon Ball character up to the Cell Saga.

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By diydeath

@valor_175 said:
@diydeath said:
@valor_175 said:
@diydeath said:
@big_news said:
@valor_175 said:
@big_news said:

It's lightspeed because it is light. It literally cannot get any simpler than that.

Tell that to DC writers, it's not that simple unless you over simplify things by not thinking about things objectively. Take Barry Allen's Korea nuke feat. The author stated he's moving just under the speed of light when according to our own universe, light moves significantly faster ergo, by our real life terminology, Barry was MFTL, however in the comic it's stated that was just below light speed.

Same logic applies to One Piece. Especially since Oba is really,. really bad for things like this. We simply don't know if Kazru's attacks are actually light speed, in our terms. So unless you can prove Kizaru's attacks move as fast as photons, that's just speculation adn fan theory. At best it's not scaled to our real world terminology and is thus entirely disingenuous as an argument. Hell, just look at the cip provided previously by GXrevs06 in the OP. That is nowhere near the sped of light. Nowhere near...

One Piece isn't DC, and there hasn't been anything to contradict it's speed, so as far as I'm concerned it is indeed lightspeed.

Then you shouldn't have any issue proving it in spite of the OP containing a reference to Kizaru's technique which was clearly below light speed. The DC example was just to prove that authors do sometimes embelish facts, or if we look at it differently, use different facts than our universe.

You can't claim Kizaru is light speed when his feats show he's slower than our real light speed, then try to translate that directly to Naruto because that's a fallacious argument that doesn't take into consideration that light speed=/=light speed in every series. Especially when there's counter evidence. It's not a valid argument.

With me as your opponent, you're gonna have to bring out the big guns. I specialize in poking holes in logic, I don't even bother providing proof until your argument is sound because it won't be required as long as I prove your argument isn't accurate by showing not all variables have been properly accounted for.

I actually do want a debate which is why I'm telling you how I debate, that way you can adequately prepare your rebuttal. Hope it's a good one. :)

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By diydeath

@valor_175 said:
@diydeath said:
@valor_175 said:
@diydeath said:
@valor_175 said:
@diydeath said:
@big_news said:
@valor_175 said:
@big_news said:

Same logic applies to One Piece. Especially since Oba is really,. really bad for things like this. We simply don't know if Kazru's attacks are actually light speed, in our terms. So unless you can prove Kizaru's attacks move as fast as photons, that's just speculation adn fan theory. At best it's not scaled to our real world terminology and is thus entirely disingenuous as an argument. Hell, just look at the cip provided previously by GXrevs06 in the OP. That is nowhere near the sped of light. Nowhere near...

One Piece isn't DC, and there hasn't been anything to contradict it's speed, so as far as I'm concerned it is indeed lightspeed.

Then you shouldn't have any issue proving it in spite of the OP containing a reference to Kizaru's technique which was clearly below light speed.

Your proof lies in common sense. You can't tell if the attack was lightspeed by looking at it, that's an extremely unintelligent way to go about calculating something's speed; however, Oda himself as well as Kizaru and others have directly stated that the Pica Pica no Mi grants the user lightspeed attacks and movements (while intangible). You have literally no evidence to back up your claim other than "well, it doesn't look lightspeed to me", which really isn't getting you anywhere. What's next, are we going to start questioning whether or not Ace's flames are as hot as actual fire?

Winner, winner...chicken dinner! xD

In the Opening Post (OP in case you confuse OP for One Piece for my posts) we clearly see Kizaru's opponent moving at least a meter while Kizaru uses his technique. That in itself shows that our light speed=/=One Piece light speed therefore claiming Kizaru is light speed compared to Narutoverse is a bad argument as for starters, we don't even have a good comparison to light speed in Natruoverse. The closest we get is Guy in 8 gates who was distorting space, probably placing him near sub-relativistic speeds.

I'll bring out m,y 1st piece of evidence now, though technically th OP contained my 1st set of evidence.

Kizaru vs Rayleigh.

Loading Video...

Are you arguing Rayleigh is light speed? Because he'd have to be to fight Kizaru. Nevermind the fact that when Rayleigh kicks away Kizaru's attack, it takes noticeably more time to travel to a detonation point than real light would.

Thus, Kizaru is NOT light speed by our real world definition and thus is an invalid argument as it does not translate into Narutoverse properly.

Also, while Kizaru's light was bouncing the Strawhats had enough time to notice it and then comment, further proof that Kizaru is not real world light speed.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

Considering what is used to gauge DB feats, by that same reasoning so is any Dragon Ball character up to the Cell Saga.

Don't see how a whole different series has to do with this......

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:
@gaoron said:

Generally, bringing up other series in an argument is used to prove a point. I did it by showing that One Pieces physics laws are definitely, definitely not the same and thus using "light speed" as a real world term to describe Kizaru is fallacious. However in that case...it makes ZERO sense.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61 said:
@gaoron said:

Nah, I've seen him debating DBZ vs Naruto, and the fact that any DB fan would discredit a stated feat as opposed to speculated feats in DB is just hypocritical. I just did it as an attempt to push his buttons.