Can Luffy defeat Akainu now?

• 184 results
keyrushmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can Luffy defeat Akainu now? (171 votes)

Effortlessly 18%
Mid-high diff 39%
No, still not there yet 44%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Akainu took Ace so Luffy is bloodlusted

• 
citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#151  Edited By citgo

Nope. Akainu can solo the Yonko, Luffy at best can only take on one Yonko

Makes the power balance between the marines and pirates irrelevant since Akainu is top dog, which seems to be the general consensus in this bih

Hawkman25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akainu wank is ridiculous he was losing to a dying WB. Luffy wins in a decent fight.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animefreak1:

Neither was G5 Luffy. Luffy received a lot of beating before reaching his current level.

If he was as strong as he is now from the beginning of the fight, the fight would be much different.

Prime10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he has better feats so yes, he can beat him.

mr_keyrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

zxc6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Avatar image for godlike_warrior
Godlike_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Godlike_Warrior

He can’t even beat Kizaru.

He won’t even stalemate him Akainu wins 10/10 unless it’s Unlimited G5

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes

MonvieZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can’t even beat Kizaru.

He won’t even stalemate him Akainu wins 10/10 unless it’s Unlimited G5

Luffy gives the fodder a bajrang treatment but worse,

Luffy was dealing against awakened zoan and seraphims before kizaru, it means his stamina and haki isn't even 100% while fully healthy kizaru gets KO'ed by one tap from luffy,

Kaido has more potent attack than akainu feat wise but still couldn't kill luffy, and luffy was able to overpower an emperor in a clash in which I doubt akainu fodder attack against bajrang gun.

Avatar image for multifandomboyo
MultifandomBoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy, while on his second usage of Gear 5 was fighting to stall Kizaru out and one shot him. No Bajrang Gun or anything. Kizaru is someone who was on the level of Akainu pre TS, and Post TS obviously Red Dog got stronger but the gap is pretty much Unquantifiable to say it'd go in his favor unless you had Luffy running on his very last fumes.

In a Straight up fight Luffy would clobber Akainu right now (homie can't even catch kuma humongous L

allmidas23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akainu is clearly penned to be an endgame opponent for Luffy.

J9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@multifandomboyo: how is blasting of a different body part every time you touch a guy, that only gets away from you because he can literally teleport himself away at LS a “humongous L” ???

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Mortein

Kudos to Oda for giving us a fight between the Luffy and an Admiral, without answering the question, are admirals Yonko level.

On one hand, they were barely fighting each other, rather it was more like they were playing a game where the objective for Kizaru was to kill Vegapunk, and for Luffy to block him from killing Vegapunk.

Only when Luffy realised his G5 transformation was near the end, he threw his first G5 punch and one shot Kizaru.

On the other hand, the final result was both of them on the ground unable to move.

DeusExMachlna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By DeusExMachlna

While he isn't above Kaido clear cut, I don't think he can.

A lot of people say Shanks and Dragon are 2nd and 3rd alive in the verse so I'll say he's a little bit below Akainu and maybe Aokiji.

Lucifer10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love akainu, i really do.

but ah, kizaru should not be too much weaker then akainu and he get clown.

by this point it seems clear luffy is clear from aokiji, kizaru, blind man and green bull.

i don't believe akainu is that much stronger then them, yeah i'm going with luffy high-extreme diff

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By captain_inverse

G5 can out preform akainu but the question is, is the Red Dog standing after G5 runs out?

Yes...yes he is.

Personally I think Akainu is Sabos fight. Sabo was more of a brother to ace than Luffy was.

Flame vs Magma Round 2

Avatar image for masterbuster666
MasterBuster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pizzakainu.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will Akainu become a pizza or will Luffy become a donut?

Find out in the next episode.

AGrape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

J9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akainu is doing Kizaru dirty just like Luffy did but y’all not ready fir that convo.

Avatar image for lilacplasmabeam
LilacPlasmaBeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going all out it's honestly going to end in a draw

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j9 said:

Akainu is doing Kizaru dirty just like Luffy did but y’all not ready fir that convo.

Yeah we def not ready because it's cap.

J9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enemybird: let me guess because they both got Admiral in there rank it has to be a extreme diff fight huh ?

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By CryoLancer47

I believe with all my heart that HIM is stronger or at least on the level of current Luffy. But if he turns out to be weaker/unable to give Luffy a fight in the future, then I will cope, seethe and deny reality to fit my agenda at all costs.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Enemybird
@j9 said:

@enemybird: let me guess because they both got Admiral in there rank it has to be a extreme diff fight huh ?

The last time Sakazuki fought an admiral it took ten days. Its unlikely he could low diff one.

Konohana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy for now, but it’s not like he can afford to take many hits.

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless we get some crazy logia awakening on non jobbing Luffy doesn't even need gear 4th. Kizaru is confirmed the fastest admiral so akanui can't gas out Luffy the same way

Avatar image for godlike_warrior
Godlike_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Godlike_Warrior

No

VortexTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, anything else is head-canon

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

Pre-Gear 5th Luffy would lose to Akainu high diff, with it he would win high-extreme diff.

J9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j9 said:

The last time Sakazuki fought an admiral it took ten days. Its unlikely he could low diff one.

That was pre time skip Akainu and most likely 2 AW df users fighting. i doubt Kizaru has AW as he doesn’t fit the light fruit at all.

J9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-Gear 5th Luffy would lose to Akainu high diff, with it he would win high-extreme diff.

huh So you don’t think there a massive gap between non G5 and G5 luffy ?

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j9 said:
@enemybird said:
@j9 said:

That was pre time skip Akainu and most likely 2 AW df users fighting. i doubt Kizaru has AW as he doesn’t fit the light fruit at all.

I don't understand wym bro, I'm sorry.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

@j9: I think Haki makes the gaps between Luffy’s Gears much smaller practically. For example, pre-time skip Luffy was getting drastically stronger when he used Gears 2 and 3, but once he got Haki, those Gears were nowhere near as impressive as amps because the Haki was the same between Gears. Gear 4th became the new Gears 2/3 because of its overall stat boost and Haki use. But then Luffy got Future Sight, emission, internal destruction and Conqueror’s Coating and his Haki became so ridiculous that he was out-punching pre-ACoC Boundman with ACoC punches in Base form. My interpretation is that this Haki boost bridged the gap between Base and Gear 4th, at least in striking power, to make all of Luffy’s non-Gear 5th forms overall closer to each other scaling wise.

Gear 5th’s boost can’t be quantified with evidence but my best guess is that Gear 5th’s physical boosts compared to Gear 4th should be similar to the boost of Gear 4th compared to Gead 2nd/3rd. It’s downside being a horrible time limit and it’s upside being some of the best hax in the story. But Luffy’s Haki is still his most important attribute, and if it stays the same throughout his Gears, then the boost in his other stats shouldn’t be as big a deal.

For this specific match-up, Akainu’s raw power and stamina is ludicrous, so I don’t think Gear 4th is even taking him to the fullest because of time limits and the natural issues that come with fighting Akainu’s magma. Gear 5th, on the other hand, is strong enough to beat Akainu solidly, he just doesn’t have the time for me to be confident that he’d win high diff. I also think portrayal backs this up since Gear 4th was ultimately unable to defeat Kaido no matter what but Gear 5th was even stronger than him.

J9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enemybird: basically i think Akainu pre time skip is already stronger then Kizaru. Post fighting Kuzan and becoming FA i have him as significant stronger then he was at MF so the best i can give Kizaru is a mid diff not a close fight.

J9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@j9: I think Haki makes the gaps between Luffy’s Gears much smaller practically. For example, pre-time skip Luffy was getting drastically stronger when he used Gears 2 and 3, but once he got Haki, those Gears were nowhere near as impressive as amps because the Haki was the same between Gears. Gear 4th became the new Gears 2/3 because of its overall stat boost and Haki use. But then Luffy got Future Sight, emission, internal destruction and Conqueror’s Coating and his Haki became so ridiculous that he was out-punching pre-ACoC Boundman with ACoC punches in Base form. My interpretation is that this Haki boost bridged the gap between Base and Gear 4th, at least in striking power, to make all of Luffy’s non-Gear 5th forms overall closer to each other scaling wise.

Gear 5th’s boost can’t be quantified with evidence but my best guess is that Gear 5th’s physical boosts compared to Gear 4th should be similar to the boost of Gear 4th compared to Gead 2nd/3rd. It’s downside being a horrible time limit and it’s upside being some of the best hax in the story. But Luffy’s Haki is still his most important attribute, and if it stays the same throughout his Gears, then the boost in his other stats shouldn’t be as big a deal.

For this specific match-up, Akainu’s raw power and stamina is ludicrous, so I don’t think Gear 4th is even taking him to the fullest because of time limits and the natural issues that come with fighting Akainu’s magma. Gear 5th, on the other hand, is strong enough to beat Akainu solidly, he just doesn’t have the time for me to be confident that he’d win high diff. I also think portrayal backs this up since Gear 4th was ultimately unable to defeat Kaido no matter what but Gear 5th was even stronger than him.

Nice explanation of your thought process.

Kayc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Kayc

G5 one-shots this fodder. Imu and probably endgame Teach are Luffy's current opponents.