Can Luffy defeat Akainu now?

• 108 results
keyrushmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can Luffy defeat Akainu now? (99 votes)

Effortlessly 10%
Mid-high diff 38%
No, still not there yet 52%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Akainu took Ace so Luffy is bloodlusted

• 
KrisBishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 KrisBishop  Moderator

Based on pre-TS feats, they seem to be operating on a similar level now.

Avatar image for hydratedfubuki6
HydratedFubuki6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can't say right now, Kaido might be injured and not using his full power

gdara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By gdara

He is undoubtedly there now, I believe Luffy can hard diff but assuming he gets more feats of fighting Kaido blow for blow then he should mid-low diff.

But just to be safe I'll say he is slightly below Akainu just barely on his lvl.

Akira21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With the later coming chapters we will see whether Luffy really is on the level to fight Akainu. From the looks of it he seems ready, if it’s one on one between just Luffy and Kaido then I’m inclined to say Luffy but if he needs assistance from Yamato to fight Kaido then I would still say Akainu but hard diff for him. But Luffy definitely deserves to be called a Yonko now since he can split the sky!

Avatar image for deactivated-61a94331705e8
deactivated-61a94331705e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Akainu is going to be either last villain or second to last depending if Luffy will face first the world government or Teach on Raftel (Laugh Tale).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course people would vote that he wins effortlessly, they can't deal with hype...

Naronu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No? If clashing with a yonko was all it took to beat someone like Akainu Marco would have done it. Not to mention the absurd amount of fighting Kaido has already done...

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Wushu59

I honestly hope Luffy or Sabo end being the one taking down Akianu. Would be very fitting to the story.

As for question. It is too early to tell. Characters may have gotten stronger during Time Skip.

jurrian09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jurrian09

Luffy beats MF akainu high diff. I like how people are acting like the sky split the big deal here and not the f ton of feats luffy has at this point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naronu said:

No? If clashing with a yonko was all it took to beat someone like Akainu Marco would have done it. Not to mention the absurd amount of fighting Kaido has already done...

this.

Zeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zeds

Akainu very high diff, I genuinely think that Akainu is Above Kaido by not that much or Akainu is the same, but this too we are basing it off Luffy and Kaido splitting the sky, Once we get more from Luffy then I can say yes Luffy can beat Akainu Mid-High diff.

AanMNP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luffy High diff or Akainu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeds said:

Luffy very high diff, I genuinely think that Akainu is Above Kaido by not that much or Akainu is the same

I can agree with this.

, but this too we are basing it off Luffy and Kaido splitting the sky, Once we get more from Luffy then I can say yes Luffy can beat Akainu Mid-High diff.

this is the part that I dont get . If Akainu>= Kaido in your opinion but Luffy < Kaido ( he is by all means, he got help from half Wano against Kaido including people who are Younko commanders tier and some above that) how is that once we get more from Luffy he'd beat someone on the same level as Kaido or slightly above him? Kaido got damaged left and right by other people too , not only Luffy and he still is relatively in good shape. Luffy on the other hand got already koed twice. It doesnt make sense for him to be an equal to Kaido at the end of Wano from what we have seen, he'll beat him but he still will be below (slightly ) Kaido.

keyrushmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naronu: Marco's clash with Big Mom wasn't even remotely close from splitting the sky

Zeds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delein said:
@zeds said:

Luffy very high diff, I genuinely think that Akainu is Above Kaido by not that much or Akainu is the same

I can agree with this.

, but this too we are basing it off Luffy and Kaido splitting the sky, Once we get more from Luffy then I can say yes Luffy can beat Akainu Mid-High diff.

this is the part that I dont get . If Akainu>= Kaido in your opinion but Luffy < Kaido ( he is by all means, he got help from half Wano against Kaido including people who are Younko commanders tier and some above that) how is that once we get more from Luffy he'd beat someone on the same level as Kaido or slightly above him? Kaido got damaged left and right by other people too , not only Luffy and he still is relatively in good shape. Luffy on the other hand got already koed twice. It doesnt make sense for him to be an equal to Kaido at the end of Wano from what we have seen, he'll beat him but he still will be below (slightly ) Kaido.

I see what you mean, Luffy is also tag teaming with Yamato who is strong asf. I also made the mistake of saying Luffy I knew I had to put Akainu but Luffy's name was running through my mind. and Once we get more from Luffy then I can say yes Luffy can beat Akainu Mid-High diff with this I mean we don't know what Oda will give Luffy. We don't know if we'll get Gear 4: Tankman Original Form or an upgraded version of Gear 4 Snakeman and for all we know those could potentially be something that could put Luffy on the winning side. I am also basing this off MF Akainu which I know I shouldn't do.

donloota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's up there now not sure if he can beat him tho.

DemarG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Makes no sense for him to beat the main marine admiral with all due respect.

Jieldre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jieldre

No........just..no

Binnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Considering Akainu is most likely gonna be one of Luffy's final villains, probably not

Avatar image for deactivated-615f1c99e517d
deactivated-615f1c99e517d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heinrichthehero
HeinrichTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he can.

Luffy has now reached Yonko level after the trademark sky splitting feat.

keyrushmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AnimeFreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mee09

Marineford Akainu? I don't know. Luffy is stronger than he was during the last round. But Kaido isn't at 100% anymore either. We still don't really know how much stronger Kaido was than Marineford Whitebeard. It could have been the difference between an Admiral and a Yonko. Or even less than that.

I'll assume that by the end of Wano. Luffy should be strong enough to beat Marineford Akainu with very high difficulty. Because of his Future Sight and presumably more advanced Haki abilities. But it's too soon to call right now. Akainu clashes with Whitebeard who had the much stronger Devilfruit. Actually inflicted the wounds on Whitebeard that would have killed him. Was not. Knocked out a single time during the Marineford War. And then almost killed all of Whitebeard's Commanders. Luffy as he is now couldn't replicate that. Kaido hasn't even been defeated yet and we don't know if Luffy will even beat him 1v1.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mee09

@delein: I realize that you said imo. But Akainu is absolutely much stronger than he was at Marineford. Odds are he has surpassed Garp now and assuming he doesn't die by the end of the series. He or Fujitora will be Luffy's Garp.

Akainu is a god tier Marine. No Marine alive is stronger than him right now. He'd beat Kaido 1v1 and wouldn't get knocked out a single time doing it.

Avatar image for hey_thatsmildlyadequate
Hey_Thatsmildlyadequate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Difficult to say. When Luffy and Akainu do eventually fight, it'll be against a stronger Luffy and I suspect an extremely tough fight

Edit: If it's just Marineford Akainu than I can see Luffy taking it in a great fight.

MonkeysDkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

akainu high diff

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeysdkevin: agreed.

Luffy is at a level where he could give Akainu a good fight but the admiral would still win in the end. Luffy's not quite there yet.

Occhidifalco11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akainu hard diff

Edgelord91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

He has the AP and the speed but not the stamina or endurance

LameLiarLeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Akainu>>Current Luffy>=MF Akainu>>>>>MF Luffy

ragegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ragegod  Online

Doubtful.

Eazy_Pezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MF Akainu he beats high diff like let's be real here. Current tho is unlikely but I see him being on par with him if they ever meet

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akainu is at best as strong as Kaido. So even if Akainu is still slightly stronger than Luffy, it won't be an exciting fight an arc or two later, when Luffy becomes even stronger. This leads me to conclusion that Luffy probably won't be the one to defeat Akainu. Akainu will fight against Sabo.

Poopiehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eazy_pezy: You think Luffy is above all the Admirals? I don't see that at all since it is likely they'll fight in the future.

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he can't since I don't believe Kaido will stomp Akainu so being Yonko level doesn't automatically mean he is going to win. Might as well mean he beats everyone in the verse now, which ain't so.

GrandTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mortein: Akainu could have gotten stronger or we haven't seen all he can do. An awakened Akainu is terrifying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way for now

john_wick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, current Luffy is not there yet but he is still pretty close imo so he could probably give Akainu a high-diff battle.

keyrushmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akira21: he will fight Kaido in one on one, now lowballers will use the excuse that Kaido is not fresh anymore.

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Luffy gets in a few good hits but runs out of gas and gets killed.

Eazy_Pezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eazy_pezy: You think Luffy is above all the Admirals? I don't see that at all since it is likely they'll fight in the future.

No I just think Luffy surpasses MF Akainu via better showings. Of course Akainu would/could be stronger in the future or whenever he gets back into action.

Poopiehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eazy_pezy: ?? I don't really understand. You said Current Luffy could High Diff MF Akainu who is stronger than the rest of the Admirals via better showings.

Eazy_Pezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eazy_pezy: ?? I don't really understand. You said Current Luffy could High Diff MF Akainu who is stronger than the rest of the Admirals via better showings.

Yes and?

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09: LOL what? Akainu would absolutely lose to Kaido; Kaido is literally the single strongest being in the verse right now that we've seen in battle.

What makes you say that Akainu is much stronger than he was at Marineford?

Poopiehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eazy_pezy: You said you don't think Luffy is stronger than all the Admirals but also say that he high diffs MF Akainu who has better showings that the rest of the Admirals. Don't you see how that's a contradiction?

Avatar image for supremekilla010
SupremeKilla010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delein:

Akainu is never going to be the last villain clearly emu is the biggest bad in the government therefore he’ll most likely be the last villain him or Blackbeard and it’s pretty obvious. Also Yonko>Admirals.