Can Gorr the God Butcher Defeat Rune King Thor?

• 62 results
Spydey328

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn’t even beat Regular King Thor...

SamHerkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He can't, no. Thor has too much power.

HammerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

JOSHN05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JOSHN05

no

Avatar image for deactivated-609f17aa98b05
deactivated-609f17aa98b05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorzod: from what I know king Thor did have the help of young and Current Thor.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorzod: Thor killed Gorr then died of his wounds shortly after.

Avatar image for deactivated-603506ba17b96
deactivated-603506ba17b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes because Rune King Wh*re isn't impressive but just more versatile guy

Avatar image for dimlylitlantern
DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even close. Gorr was only slightly stronger than Old King Thor who is massively weaker than Regular Thor with the Thorforce (given their respective showings against Galactus) who was weaker than Rune King Thor.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

No.

@dimlylitlantern said:

Not even close. Gorr was only slightly stronger than Old King Thor who is massively weaker than Regular Thor with the Thorforce (given their respective showings against Galactus) who was weaker than Rune King Thor.

What?

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: I'm not sure how I am supposed to clear this up any further? OKT < Hungry Galactus <<<<< Regulat Galactus. Thorforce Modern Thor was able to kill an amped Galactus which would obviously put him above OKT.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 takenstew22  Moderator

@takenstew22: I'm not sure how I am supposed to clear this up any further? OKT < Hungry Galactus <<<<< Regulat Galactus. Thorforce Modern Thor was able to kill an amped Galactus which would obviously put him above OKT.

When did this happen?

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor #6: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

He was able to pretty easily rip Galactus' power away from him even when Galactus tried to resist too which cements Thor as significantly higher than OKT and Gorr.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 takenstew22  Moderator

Thor #6: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

He was able to pretty easily rip Galactus' power away from him even when Galactus tried to resist too which cements Thor as significantly higher than OKT and Gorr.

That's Thor with both the power cosmic and OF. I thought you meant something like regular OF Thor.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: I included this Thor because he was able to simply yank Galactus' power out of him even in his base Odinforce form. If they were to fight, Thor would just transform into his PC form first. OKT was unable to preform a similar result even against a weaker version of Galactus while he was hungry.

DucksAreNotHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rune King Thor wins. The Norse Ruin after he sacrificed his eye to the Well of Mimir gave the man knowledge of the past, present, and future, if so his basically restricted Omniscient, he will beat Gorr, one way or another.

Unrequited1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Rune King Thor even more powerful than Cosmic King Thor?

I'm going with Thor

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DimlyLitLantern

@superprimetime: That just seems like a wildly low opinion of Thor for no reason. Why exactly couldn't Thor just absorb Gorr's necrosword like he does in his actual comic? OKT killed Necro-Verse Gorr with his raw power who I believe has even less power than Modern OF Thor.

RKT isn't even universal? This just seems silly. Half of Odin's soul, Infinity, is a universe class being among Odin's other universe/multiverse class feats. OKT, who barely used the OF for 900 years, was powerful enough to destroy a universe and he is weaker than RKT. Thor is already far more powerful with the Odinforce than Odin is, so all of Odin's feats apply to him. Thor being able to defeat and contain all of Galactus' power without killing him due to the power is also enough to place him in the multiversal class. Adding rune magic to the mix makes him very clearly in this tier.

He may not have as many feats, but through sheer implication, he is far stronger than you seem to make him out to be.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: So if a feat happens you don’t agree with... it’s PIS ?

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: RKT is a character who only existed in one story, how can he have outliers ?

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shinju

He already got beat and he's like odin level and Rune King Thor has surpassed odin by far

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: Loki hypothesized they were either beyonders or something even greater.

RKT was far above them in power. He’s basically asgardian jesus. Mystical TOAA.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime:

you do realise if Thor could absorb the necro sword the much older OK thor would have done so already, and furthermore it’s not even a form of energy so I’m not even sure what you were getting at, it’s the equivalent of saying can’t he absorb a planet, because the sword Is mass.

Did we not read the same comic? Thor quite literally absorbs the necro sword out of Gorr and uses it against him. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

example mutliversal classic strange doesn’t scale below WB Hulk since hulk beat strange.

I mean, Hulk tricked Strange to defeat him, didn't he?

It best to use the feats they have actually done and in the run in question he did nothing mutliversal let alone universal.

If we did that, he is barely any stronger than Odin. Odin has consistent universe+ class tiering in comics from all eras you can find him in. It just seems far too unhelpful to not scale characters who directly compare to each other.

once again your using Galactus who has clearly been nerfed by Cates to wank Thor past Odin, when classic Odin has feats like beating Seth in a mutliversal battle, and of course classic Odin scales above being like classic Strange comfortably.

I'm confused? Galactus has always been above Odin by leagues.

But you can’t then say current Odin who was being stalemated by Galactus is the same as classic Odin and therefore Thor scales above. That’s what your saying.

Odin literally played dead because he could not defeat Galactus. I do not see how that is stalemating.

Im not even going to explain how Thor killing black winter and Galactus was merely becuase he used Galactus as a bomb and absorbed all his power, it wasn’t his power and that’s why no one.

Thor being able to store all of Galactus' power in himself is already a feat as similar feats of energy absorption have killed him before. Regardless, OKT was weaker than Gorr slightly. OKT was also significantly weaker than Galactus as they have fought. Current Thor fights a significantly stronger Galactus and steals his power and then kills him. Gorr would be vaporized.

Or how Thor in the RK Thor run couldn’t revive one girl but in the next run he revives all Asgardians,

He had the power for a few hours at that point.

there is a skill difference with the odinforce and a power difference

Odin has had the OF for millennia while Thor had it a few weeks. Odin is more skilled, but even then Thor consistently shows to have more power.

would you believe me if I told you OF Thor in the same run as RK Thor lost to an ordinary Asgardian and was saved by a random no name Asgardian wolf.

Yes, I would. That type of thing happens all the time in comics. Often times within the same run, a character's power seems to fluctuate greatly.

Lessons to be learnt get the context of that time period and don’t composite scale or we will have to do it for the other side for it to be fair.

For the most part, Thor's modern feats are above his classic ones minus Jason Aaron's run. Most characters are actually much stronger than their classic selves.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Drax5343

@superprimetime: He was far above them in power. They couldn’t even affect him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60212a6066336
deactivated-60212a6066336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: Did he not just absorb it from him?

In regards to Odin he isn’t consistently universal he’s more low universal or mulit-galaxy level

Whenever there is a need for universal power, there is very seldom an instance in which Odin doesn't deliver which is what I would consider as consistent.

for reference classic Loki was consistently giving classic strange a run for his money

Do you have scans/issue numbers for that? I haven't actually seen the two interact much.

classic Mephisto who was on par with other classic hell lords stalemated Galactus meanwhile Strange by himself could fight Dormammu and Zom who both threatened Eternity and like I said Strange was less competent then Loki back then. So no classic Odin would godstomp Galactus, probably best you revise the classic continuity of marvel.

Classic Mephisto briefly had a skirmish with a hungry Galactus until Galactus decided he was going to eat his realm which scared the demon to death. I don't think that paints them as equals. Dr. Doom once stole the power of a Hungry Classic Galactusand was still enough to best Odin in a fight with relative ease. Galactus has even threatened to eat the entire omniverse which is not something Odin can even come close to, normally. That being said, I can't say I appreciate the condescending tone for having a different opinion.

As for the next point. You got me there. Jason Aaron really does not like the Thor mythos much, and that is out of my control. However, if Donny Cates is writing Thor to be able to fight Galactus with no problem, he must at least be using Classic Odinforcefor reference.

Thor scales to this Odin with that Odinforce as he inherits the latest Odinforce that Odin had you can’t pick and chose what era of Odinforce he receives.

Black Winter eats entire universes like Galactus eats planets. This isn't me picking and choosing, but me using prior knowledge of established power levels to understand the stakes here.

but in regards to the era that RK Thor was in like I said same guy that lost to a regular Asgardian and isn’t skilled enough to do the same things OK Thor can do since he’s not as skilled with the OF.

Do you actually have a link for this instance? I'm genuinely curious.

He has no feats to suggest he is vastly powerful then OF Thor in the Micheal run which is that impressive, that’s how unimpressive RK Thor is, it seems people are just guessing the power of the amp.

The fact that he stopped the Ragnarok cycle (with ease) which Odin spent countless lifetimes trying to stop should be a tell for how powerful he has become in comparison to Odin himself.

It really is cool. You don't have to reply immediately if you don't want to. We're all human lol.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime: lol your still low balling Thor the tree itself is Multiversal

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if we take RKT with his weakest feats that we can confirm. Its still 9 universes that he destroyed as its confirmed that each of the realms is its own universe. Can't really dispute that as its on panel. Also destroyed those who sit above in shadow, who are at the very least more powerful than Odin. Who could likely defeat Gorr.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

With the explanation Loki gave on Those Who Sit In The Shadows, it’s unlikely Gorr operates on a level even relative to Rune King Thor.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime:

Also I think your forgetting how he ended ragnarok, RK Thor’s answer for stopping ragnarok was causing mass genocide destriying the tree yrddrasil killing himself and all the other Asgardians until Donald Blake picked up the hammer with Thor inside his soul didn’t go to Valhalla then OF Thor revived everyone even Bor by accident.

This is true. However, you must take into account that Odin himself has tried to stop Ragnarok in each life he takes part in. The One's Who Sit Above in Shadow were constantly feeding on all the god's collective genocidal battles for each of their lifetimes as well. RKT was powerful enough to make even these beings try to bargain for their lives.

Galactus consumes planets in a very similar way. He doesn't just zap and eat them as he could hypothetically do, but he has a whole machine for the process.

Regardless, Thor used his powers to strip Galactus of his. There are tons of energy absorbers in Marvel and most of them couldn't even begin to absorb a fraction of Galactus' power. The fact that OF Thor was able to do such a thing, on an amped Galactus, as Galactus was resisting is a great showing of how powerful Current Thor is.

Losing to Asgardian who finds out he can’t use the full power of Odinforce since he’s not worthy of it or Mjolnir read the dialogue

I'm now confused at the relevance of this instance? Thor had the OF stripped from him by Strange and his power dropped rapidly because of it. At first he still has enough power to defeat Hulk and Thing with a single arm and loses enough power to be pushed back by Captain America. In fact, the fact that he is about to go into "Odinsleep" and still fight against an Asgardian is actually pretty impressive. During Odinsleep, Odin becomes as vulnerable as a human.

Donald Blake beating OF Thor before being killed

I'm unclear about the relevance here as well? Blake mentions he likely absorbed some of the OF as well.

Classic Strange vs Classic Loki

This seems to be before Strange became Sourcerer Supreme from my understanding which is a pretty substantial power boost.

skips to a younger Thor that becomes Rune King Thor but they are the same person.

Aye, the same person but different levels of worthiness.

DimlyLitLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superprimetime:

In regards to doctor strange he became Sorcerer Supreme in issue 110 of strange tales.

That was his first appearance though. The Ancient One was still the Sourcerer Supreme back then.

It is worth noting, but the power divination is still the same. These beings have countless lifetimes of god energy in their power set and they were still afraid of RKT.

This is just a guess but I think Odin just tried to end the cycle of ragnarok that didn’t involve killing every single Asgardian including himself.

Odin has the power to resurrect people from the dead does he not?

At least now we have narrowed down the information for a start RK Thor doesn’t scale to the TOWSAIS

They couldn't stop him though.

two he doesn’t scale to classic Odin or Prime Odin due to having poor control over the Odinforce and not being worthy of its full power

Again, Odin had more skill with it since he had it longer. Thor has more power though. He stopped Ragnarok a little after he knew about it while Odin was actively trying forever. He also defeats the celestial gods in a single hit then takes all of their places for a good while. The second big difference is that Thor has more of the Odinforce than Odin did. The manifestation tells Thor to become more than Odin by giving more than he did. Odin gave one eye while Thor gave two. The rune magic also gave him omniscience similar to and beyond what Odin had, so scaling him to anything Odin did should be fine.

You must also take into account that Thor bringing Asgard to Earth and letting a war that destroyed New York and Asgard also probably played a role in his lack of worthiness.