Can dceu superman tank mcu hulks leviathan punch?

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28
deactivated-5a35e2edd9c28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can dceu superman tank mcu hulks leviathan punch? (190 votes)

Yes easily 48%
Tanks it but wobbled 37%
Heavily damaged, on verge of k/o 11%
Knocked out 2%
Dies 2%
 • 
Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

He was tanking hits from Doomsday, there's no reason this would be any different supes tanks it.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id say somewhere between easily and tanks but wobbled. I dont think one of them has soops in a daze by any means, but I dont think he could just sit there and absorb 20 in a row without needing a gatorade break.

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

easily

Avatar image for deactivated-59d0376931207
deactivated-59d0376931207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With ease.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He'd laugh it off.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes.

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see a reason why he wouldn't.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soops was taking damage from DD's punches. Seems like he was feeling those. I wouldnt say he was "laughing" those hits off. W/O having the DD v. Hulk argument, lets assume hulk is....half....DDs power, soops would still feel those.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'll laugh it off

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he can bust a mountain top just by falling from the sky and then get up with no bruises or injuries whatsoever, Hulks punch will probably just tickle him.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13 krisbishop  Moderator

@ginman333 said:

Id say somewhere between easily and tanks but wobbled. I dont think one of them has soops in a daze by any means, but I dont think he could just sit there and absorb 20 in a row without needing a gatorade break.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tank it

werkudoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At best it will only tickle him.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is gonna be hurt but not heavily hurt. He is definitely not tanking or laughing it off lol. The 9/11 airplane weighed nearly 200 tons and crashed into the north building at 470 mph, yet it didnt cut thru the building. These Leviathans were cutting thru buildings like a knife thru cake. The metal they had was also stronger than Kevlar. Hulk being able to slow the momentum greatly and bend the metal is very impressive. I don't think Supes has ever been hit by something this powerful, and he has been dazed by other hits.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Khael
APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He will not "laugh it off". He takes it, will feel it, get hurt, but will not take any damage.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c4adea9cd7d
deactivated-59c4adea9cd7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laughs it off? Fanboys gonna fanboy.

He will be hurt but you'll need more than a few of those to get him more seriously damaged.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

He was tanking hits from Doomsday, there's no reason this would be any different supes tanks it.

When Doomsdays takes down something as big or bigger than a leviathan with one punch call me ;).

Plus Banner just turned into Hulk when he performed that feat. which makes it all the more impressive.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chronicplane said:

When Doomsdays takes down something as big or bigger than a leviathan with one punch call me ;).

Plus Banner just turned into Hulk when he performed that feat. which makes it all the more impressive.

Exactly

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he can bust a mountain top just by falling from the sky and then get up with no bruises or injuries whatsoever, Hulks punch will probably just tickle him.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wouldn't even hurt.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with KO. According to one of the writers, those things weigh about 3 million tons. And if that whole 300 db sonic cannon should be taken seriously, then so should the weight of the leviathans, and I don't recall supes tanking a punch packing a million + tons of force

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with KO. According to one of the writers, those things weigh about 3 million tons. And if that whole 300 db sonic cannon should be taken seriously, then so should the weight of the leviathans, and I don't recall supes tanking a punch packing a million + tons of force

Obvious exaggeration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fc_tsukihanami: there's really no way to prove either way. I'm just going by what someone with creative control of the movie said. We can argue physics and logic all day, but at the end of the day, it's a comic book movie where science and logic aren't 100% real world applicable.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laughed it off

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
deactivated-5a46927fc5463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11:

Well, if we go with the writer's statements, we could also go with statements in movie. If so, Superman pushed a tectonic plate. A tectonic plate weighs much, much more than those 3 million tons. Zod matched Superman's strength, and Doomsday surpassed it. Supes took hits from both.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladeoffury: same movie had supes showing effort catching a rocket. So the movie kinda contradicts itself

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MethoKi

@webinyoureye11 said:

That writer by no means meant that as concrete. He even started out his statement with it being impossible to know and when giving the numbers, gave it as a question.

Difference between that writer's own question regarding the weight and the details given on Batman's gear is that only one is logical and concrete. Take a guess on which one is which.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
deactivated-5a46927fc5463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11:

Exactly. That's why outliers shouldn't be used, including Superman's tectonic plate, Supergirl's million-ton key, and Hulk's 3 million-ton punch. Why is Hulk's feat an outlier? Because he had trouble lifting an HMMWV elsewhere.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Khael

@webinyoureye11: The writer literally said no clue. He also added question mark which means it's still debatable.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GXrevs06

Yes, tanks it with ease. He has taken a lot worse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11 said:

That writer by no means meant that as concrete. He even started out his statement with it being impossible to know and when giving the numbers, gave it as a question.

Difference between that writer's own question regarding the weight and the details given on Batman's gear is that only one is logical and concrete. Take a guess on which one is which.

No Caption Provided

I'm sorry but the sonic cannon being 300 db is anything but logical when you consider that the same guy who said that also mentioned bullets feeling like 60 mph baseballs.

@webinyoureye11:

Exactly. That's why outliers shouldn't be used, including Superman's tectonic plate, Supergirl's million-ton key, and Hulk's 3 million-ton punch. Why is Hulk's feat an outlier? Because he had trouble lifting an HMMWV elsewhere.

That was in a different movie though. In the avengers the Hulk was clearly stronger than he was in his solo movie. Either way, Superman's tectonic plate was offscreen (I don't watch Supergirl) and we saw Hulks punch. And all we know for sure is a writer estimated the leviathans weight to be 3 million tons. How off is he? Its nothing but speculation at this point. So even if he's off by a factor of 10, it would still be better than anything a DCEU kryptonian has done I believe

@khael said:

@webinyoureye11: The writer literally said no clue. He also added question mark which means it's still debatable.

So debate it. I'm going by what the guy said. We can all sit here and argue back and forth, but if a writer says its 3 million tons, then I see no point in arguing about it

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep

ManOfSteel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you mean "tank" as in just stand there like he did with the capitol explosion, then probably not. He wouldn't be hurt at all though.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: I'm sorry but the sonic cannon being 300 db is anything but logical when you consider that the same guy who said that also mentioned bullets feeling like 60 mph baseballs.

Care to explain?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: the same guy who said the sonic cannon was 300 db, which people here have claimed to be more powerful than the Tsar nuke, also said that 50 caliber bullets feel like being pelted with 60 mph baseballs

Logic dictates that those bullets wouldn't even register as a tickle if the cannon was that strong

DrPepperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going by what is normally accepted with hulks punch: supes gets launched almost a mile and is hurt, but only dirt rests on his face.

Going by what I'm reading above: supes is at least knocked out.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: the same guy who said the sonic cannon was 300 db, which people here have claimed to be more powerful than the Tsar nuke, also said that 50 caliber bullets feel like being pelted with 60 mph baseballs

Logic dictates that those bullets wouldn't even register as a tickle if the cannon was that strong

It's not more powerful than a Tsar bomb, it's as loud as an atomic bomb being set off in front of you (a human). For Clark's heightened senses, that's even worse.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it would probably push him back, doubt he would even feel it.

Avatar image for celestialknight
CelestialKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many of these kinds of threads do we need? Anyways, yes, Superman takes it without much ado. A bit of pain but nothing overbearing.

sportjames23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sportjames23

Supes tanks it. He'll feel it, but it won't seriously hurt him.

And LOL at these Marvel stans saying Supes gets KO'd. Marvel fanboys gonna fanboy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: either way, I don't think anyone has hit superman as hard as hulk punched that leviathan

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anthp2000  Moderator

Ez

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: everyone has hit him harder than that. the durability of the leviathan is in no way indicative of superman's

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: everyone has hit him harder than that.

So then it should be easy to prove it

the durability of the leviathan is in no way indicative of superman's

My opinion is in no way influenced by the durability of the leviathan, but by the force needed to stop it as hulk did

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: movies want to show tension. It would be boring having supes just easily do everything.