• 102 results
Avatar image for chuggachugga170
Posted by chuggachugga170 (69 posts) 5 days, 1 hour ago

Poll: Can DCEU superman replicate this IW thor feat (93 votes)

yes 38%
no 62%
No Caption Provided

-can DCEU superman manage to hold the rings open for the beam to pass and withstand the neutron star for couple of minutes for the uru to melt?

#1 Posted by Richubs (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

Done multiple times and yes he can do it

#2 Posted by GateOfBabylon (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold the rings? Probably.

Withstand the neutron star? Not a chance in hell.

#3 Posted by kgb725 (18731 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Iron_Tiger (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold the rings? Maybe. Survive the star? Nope.

#5 Posted by Batman242 (11530 posts) - - Show Bio

Lock this thread.

#6 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11820 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope to either

#7 Posted by BOC (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

Been done but yes, he can.

#8 Posted by Lucano (3426 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold the rings... Indefinitely... He has way better strength feats than Thor. To be honest, the Nidavellir feat is often taken out of proportion. It is a very small star, dying for that matter. Supes energy/heat durability is not that great but he has survived terraforming forces and nuclear blasts while weakened by either atmosphere or Kryptonite. Granted, that does not mean that he could survive the star, but Clark gets lowballed a lot regarding this.

Avatar image for davidharewood14
#9 Posted by DavidHarewood14 (1242 posts) - - Show Bio

Pull ring ? Much easier

Hold against star radiation ? No

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#10 Posted by EternalDarkFury (872 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#11 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11101 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we not?

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
#12 Posted by eatmore_payless (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean thor was on the brink of dying right there if it wasn't for the conveniently healing magical powers of Storm breaker. If thor can't survive it neither can clark.

#13 Posted by ByondEon (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Done several times and no, he can't.

The conclusion is always this:

He get's powered up by that star, he do it. If he doesn't, he dies.

#14 Posted by Richubs (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725:

The beam is unquantifiable and he has taken heat vision from Doomsday which is basically as hot as the sun.

He can take such heat.

#15 Posted by KanyeCosby (7050 posts) - - Show Bio

Great original thread. Haven’t seen anything like this before.

Avatar image for panda_emperorix
#16 Posted by panda_emperorix (3688 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope and nope

#17 Posted by Darkthunder (1947 posts) - - Show Bio

Very original. Supe becomes Thor and he most definitely doesn't get amped

#18 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes he can.

#19 Posted by Essem (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes and yes, and he wont be dead/dying after it either.

#20 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he doesn't have feats to suggest he can accomplish this.

#21 Posted by BOC (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not, but I wouldn't put it far passed him. He tanked DD's heat vision after he had absorbed a nuke, that has to equate to something.

#22 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:

Maybe not, but I wouldn't put it far passed him. He tanked DD's heat vision after he had absorbed a nuke, that has to equate to something.

It does, and he has very good energy durability, to the point where I don't think characters like MCU Thor can really affect him via energy projection.

Id put the star beam a tier above what he's encountered tho.

#23 Posted by EcoBlitz (4863 posts) - - Show Bio

@lucano: I love how your logic is because he has better strength feats than Thor (who really didn’t bother with strength feats till that point ergo it’s not an outlier) then he MUST be able to do it becauseThor did it...

#24 Posted by BOC (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:

It does, and he has very good energy durability, to the point where I don't think characters like MCU Thor can really affect him via energy projection.

And his skin was in tact after a point blank nuke. Thor didn't necessarily tank this star so I would say that Superman could at least replicate it for the same period of time. But at the same time, I can't say that with 100% certainty.

And before someone says "Superman didn't tank the nuke," that's not my point. My point was that the heat/force etc. didn't damage his skin.

#25 Posted by from_beyond (868 posts) - - Show Bio

He can hold the rings. Taking the full force of star? I am not sure. If the star does end up powering him up, then he can take it. Otherwise he can't. Durability wise, I put him lower than Thor.

#26 Edited by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:

And his skin was in tact after a point blank nuke. Thor didn't necessarily tank this star so I would say that Superman could at least replicate it for the same period of time. But at the same time, I can't say that with 100% certainty.

And before someone says "Superman didn't tank the nuke," that's not my point. My point was that the heat/force etc. didn't damage his skin.

I didn't say 'tank' I don't think Thor tanked the star, I think he survived it. If we get really nitpicky Thor was able to move his hand a bit after his feat, Superman was pretty rock solid not moving.

Im also not sure about the heat/force not damaging Superman(we don't see him for a full minute and a half after the nuke goes off), Ive heard it was just the radiation, but wouldn't the star have a fair amount of radiation?

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#27 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4078 posts) - - Show Bio

Gets atomized in a few seconds.

#28 Posted by BOC (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:

I didn't say 'tank' I don't think Thor tanked the star, I think he survived it. If we get really nitpicky Thor was able to move his hand a bit after his feat, Superman was pretty rock solid not moving.

Im also not sure about the heat/force not damaging Superman(we don't see him for a full minute and a half after the nuke goes off), Ive heard it was just the radiation, but wouldn't the star have a fair amount of radiation?

I know you didn't say tank, I just thought it was noteworthy. When the screen goes back to Superman the only damage on his skin is the cut from Batman. This lead me to believe that his skin was undamaged due to the fact that the cut would have healed to. I heard it was the radiation that drained him of his solar radiation, so I don't think the Star would have the same effect. Nukes can range to temperatures of about the core of the Sun. This beam is just a concentrated beam from the rays emitting from the star, so I doubt it's the heat of it's core.

#29 Posted by RBT (27761 posts) - - Show Bio

I think core of a nuke might have temperature comparable to that of a neutron star(which is 10^6 K, IIRC).

#30 Posted by CCThor (1264 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he instantly melted .

#31 Posted by macleen (3429 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:

I know you didn't say tank, I just thought it was noteworthy. When the screen goes back to Superman the only damage on his skin is the cut from Batman. This lead me to believe that his skin was undamaged due to the fact that the cut would have healed to. I heard it was the radiation that drained him of his solar radiation, so I don't think the Star would have the same effect. Nukes can range to temperatures of about the core of the Sun. This beam is just a concentrated beam from the rays emitting from the star, so I doubt it's the heat of it's core.

See heres the thing, the radiation a nuke makes is exactly(to the best of my understanding) the same as "solar radiation".Solar radiation is radiant energy emitted by the sun from a nuclear fusion reaction. The sun seems to emit every kinda radiation possible. Across all wavelengths. From electromagnetic, to gamma, to X-ray, to ultra violet, all of them at different(extreme) levels.

So I could say the Neutron star emits the same kinda radiation as a nuke, but I could also say the sun that healed clark emits the same kinda radiation as the nuke.

Maybe its the specific mixture and levels of radiation that powers superman, but there isnt a big difference between nuke/solar/neutron star radiation, aside for intensity and and comparative levels.

I think we should look at the power source. A neutron star(even just a flare) is a greater power source, than a nuke.

Heres a good video.

#33 Posted by BOC (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:

See heres the thing, the radiation a nuke makes is exactly(to the best of my understanding) the same as "solar radiation".Solar radiation is radiant energy emitted by the sun from a nuclear fusion reaction. The sun seems to emit every kinda radiation possible. Across all wavelengths. From electromagnetic, to gamma, to X-ray, to ultra violet, all of them at different(extreme) levels.

So I could say the Neutron star emits the same kinda radiation as a nuke, but I could also say the sun that healed clark emits the same kinda radiation as the nuke.

Maybe its the specific mixture and levels of radiation that powers superman, but there isnt a big difference between nuke/solar/neutron star radiation, aside for intensity and and comparative levels.

I think we should look at the power source. A neutron star(even just a flare) is a greater power source, than a nuke.

Isn't a neutron star just a condensed star? What would make the concentrated rays emitted from it be much more powerful than a nuke?

#34 Posted by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:
@boc said:
@death4bunnies said:

Isn't a neutron star just a condensed star? What would make the concentrated rays emitted from it be much more powerful than a nuke?

Loading Video...

Here is a good video.

But basically currents of gas, fission and the massive gravity, makes for some interesting effects. They deal with a couple subjects here, including the most extreme examples of neutron stars, however even with massive lowballing and a basically dead star, the radiation and heat would still vastly outpower a single nuke.

#35 Posted by BOC (1121 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3813 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Nah. With massive lowballing, it is a dead star used in an artificial plasma fusion system with unknown output. With highballing it is a white hot dead star that radiates Black Body radiation and nidavellir redirects all the energy at the beam, that would mean Thor took only heat of a small nuke. Anything higher is disproven purely by the color of the star.

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
#37 Posted by GentlemanTopHat (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:

When has DCEU Superman tanked the heat of Neutron star?

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
#38 Edited by GentlemanTopHat (1016 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2 said:

@death4bunnies: Nah. With massive lowballing, it is a dead star used in an artificial plasma fusion system with unknown output. With highballing it is a white hot dead star that radiates Black Body radiation and nidavellir redirects all the energy at the beam, that would mean Thor took only heat of a small nuke. Anything higher is disproven purely by the color of the star.

A Neutron star is hotter than regular yellow stars the hottest one found in RL had a temperature of 1 billion degrees

#39 Posted by BOC (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:

When has DCEU Superman tanked the heat of Neutron star?

I already debated this and I conceded they he has not taken that. I can't say he can 100%, but I wouldn't put it far past him.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
#40 Posted by CaptainSweatpan (974 posts) - - Show Bio

The mods are slipping

#41 Posted by jashro44 (52358 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

I think core of a nuke might have temperature comparable to that of a neutron star(which is 10^6 K, IIRC).

Thor did take the heat for a longer period of time. The nuclear blast only lasted a few seconds. Plus space is a cold environment as well so not sure how that impacts the heat portion of the nuke feat.

#42 Posted by BOC (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Wasn't the star feat in space too?

#43 Posted by RBT (27761 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@rbt said:

Thor did take the heat for a longer period of time. The nuclear blast only lasted a few seconds. Plus space is a cold environment as well so not sure how that impacts the heat portion of the nuke feat.

True.

#44 Posted by jashro44 (52358 posts) - - Show Bio

@boc said:

Yea. But I wonder if the temperature of a nuke is different when measured in an environment like space. Stars are kind of always in space where as nukes have only really been detonated on earth where we have an atmosphere and a much warmer environment.

#45 Posted by IPvMan (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily.

#46 Posted by BOC (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@boc said:

Yea. But I wonder if the temperature of a nuke is different when measured in an environment like space. Stars are kind of always in space where as nukes have only really been detonated on earth where we have an atmosphere and a much warmer environment.

True. But if they can create a temperature higher than the core of the Sun, I don't think space will have much effect on it. Cold is just the absence of heat, not the opposite of it.

#47 Posted by nfactor1995 (12874 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes to both. Much stronger than Thor. Solar energy would likely power him up, but even if not, he has 1. Tanked best vision which apparently is as hot as the sun and 2. The star’s beam didn’t even burn away Thor’s hair or clothes, and it’s only feat is melting metal fairly quickly.

#48 Edited by death4bunnies (1135 posts) - - Show Bio

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2 said:

I mean I guess if you lowball it to the point where its just a husk that the dwarves use to contain fission, I suppose.

But lets look at this color statement you made.

First id like to point out that a true to life accurate neutron star would look very odd in film, thus I don't think star color would be an accurate picture of the story the SFX team was trying to get across.

Let look anyway.

The color of a star is linked to its surface temperature(flares and 'kick ups' are generally exponentially hotter than the average surface temp). The hotter the star, the shorter the wavelength of light it will emit. The hottest ones are blue or blue-white, which are shorter wavelengths of light. Cooler ones are red or red-brown, which are longer wavelengths

Here is Nidaveilir. Some red, some violet, and some blue radiation.

No Caption Provided

Here is a close up.

No Caption Provided

Now, here we can only see visible light spectrums, we'd be completely ignoring all the non visible spectrums, like UV(which can also burn)

The electromagnetic radiation that is produced by a neutron star alone is greater than the force of a single nuke. Even a 'dead' neutron star that produces no fission would produce this radiation due to is density(assuming it had any spin what so ever.)

Even with crazy lowballing its hard for me to imagine the nuke feat surpassing the forge feat in any way.

#49 Posted by NWgzsjUwhM96Y2 (3813 posts) - - Show Bio

@death4bunnies: Radiation doesnt look like that. Those are some type of particles. Star was shown to be white iirc.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#50 Edited by Supermanforever (8069 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@boc said:

No its not. Its not just a hot thing. Its thermal radiation. It cools down fast, but the temperature rises after the detonation no matter where you detonate it. The extreme temperature is unstoppable because of how fast the particles are moving. The chain reaction causes rapid fire of neutron, which literaly bombards everything around causing so much colisions and so fast that the temperatures rise to ridiculous levels.

Looking at the w87 warhead (300 kt) it would release about 150 milion kelvin on the epicentre and last around few seconds 3-4 seconds on average. Im not expert on what kind of warhead that is, but its a moder type US ICBM and since its still in service its very likely that it is one of those secondary type missiles aka double reaction to release even more energy. Those kind of bomb release up to 300 milion kelvin heat, which is about 20 times as hot as the core of the sun. But that temperature is only withing few meters from the detonation probably around 20 meter in diameter, then it cools down.

To answer your question, no vacuum does not cool down the heat until the chain reaction is over, after that the radioactive particles are finished and there is no more fuel to release more heat so to speak. So the cooldown starts because the particles slow down as there is no more chain reaction not because the space is cold place. Space is wide place, forexample somehwere on distant planets like neptune etc temperatures are like -270 celcius. But here in earths orbit stations around -100 etc. Superman and doomsday were also hit on low orbit which is around 950-1000 km from earth surface. On that height there is alot of atmoshperic layers present.

But since superman and doomsday were hit directly in the face, superman would need to survive the heat of the nuke, he was koed though.