Can DCEU Superman perform the IG "snap' and survive?

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Can DCEU Superman perform the IG "snap' and survive? (413 votes)

Yes, casually. He could spam snaps as long as he's in sunlight 18%
Yes, he could potentially pull off 2 or 3 snaps but any more would 100% kill him 12%
Yes, he survives but is moderately wounded and fatigued. He would need up to 1 hr to fully recover 8%
Yes, he survives but is almost killed and is left in a similar state to Thanos 15%
No, he is not strong enough to survive and one snap would kill him 43%
Lol no. He couldn't handled the power surge of the gems alone, let alone the snap. This fodder gets one shot 5%

Clark is feeling up to the task of using the IG to harness the Full Power of the stones in order to perform the snap. He wants to test his body's limits

It is clear skies and Clark is basked in full sunlight when he does it.

The goal is to see how many snaps he can pull off without dying and the state his body afterward it

No Caption Provided

• 
Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he is not going to die but hurt badly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0b495e7009f
deactivated-5d0b495e7009f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: I would not say that because Hulk is in punching 700 ton+ and his equal Thanos could break his nose and with pressure points couls make him bleed. Remember this power of glove made him pass out, left 3rd degree burn and wasn't able to fight

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark doesn’t absorb gamma radiation so using hulk is a bad example

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c
deactivated-5d2cf537b4a1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finalkingthanos:

He can, but it hurts him. I direct you to the ionizing radiation from the nuke in BvS.

And independently, it was the smallest gamma yield since he was at the center at the explosion, since that is where the gamma to neutron ratio is the smallest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar: Gamma radiation is a lot different as far as I’m aware, especially when it comes to movie / comic gamma rays

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By TheGrat1

Assuming it creates a wound that can not be healed: 2-3. Otherwise he can snap in the sunlight all day.

Anyone else think it is strange that Tony killing Thanos' army (a group of 3-400 beings) apparently requires the same amount of enery as wiping out/bringing back half of the universe?

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course he can

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheGrat1 said:

Anyone else think it is strange that Tony killing Thanos' army (a group of 3-400 beings) apparently requires the same amount of enery as wiping out/bringing back half of the universe?

I don't think it was the same amount of energy. If Tony tried to snap back half the universe, I highly doubt he'd still be breathing for those last few minutes like he was in Endgame. Probably would just be a smoldering pile of ash.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thanosii said:

People saying Tony did the snap so its weak are forgetting that Ironman has more nuke level durability feats than Dceu Superman.

1 Tony tanked and doubled back city cracking energy in Sokovia

2 He tanked the Megaton explosion that vaporised Sokovia, albeit being at the bottom end

3 He tanked a building sized meteorite, thats a kiloton durability feat right there

4 Ironman was still able to fight after a Powergem punch. The same punch one shot Binary Carol who can casually tank nuke level ballistic missiles.

Its easy to downplay Ironmans durability because he has a few low ends but he's high end feats are consitantly Clark level or better

There's that rare Iron Man Wank...

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar:

Because it begs the question why Thanos didn't fix his arm the same way he did the Stormbreaker wound. The gauntlet apparently didn't lose function even when fried, and it follows precedent with the stones' failure to bring back those trapped by the Soul Stone sacrifice (Black Widow). Russo's words only help rather than hurt.

Independently, Hulk's regen looks better than Clark's in that he can regenerate flesh from stabs on his own. But his arm didn't regen a bit post-snap. And Clark's problem was more radiation poisoning than anything, so I don't even know if the damaged flesh would be able to metabolize said photons to begin with. If it could, I don't think it would bring Clark back from death - the sun can only do so much.

If near death, if he could still metabolize yellow sun, I think he would be fine.

Clark had a gaping hole in his chest from the Doomsday stab and when we was revived the hole was completely healed without a scar.

The fact that Clark's flesh was unaffected by the radiation poisoning and heat and pressure from the nuke leads me to think that his flesh at least wouldn't be damaged beyond repair from a snap. This is just me.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends. I think Superman with the Uru gauntlet can do 3 MAYBE 4 snaps max.

With the nanotech gauntlet he can do 2. Hulk was “made for this” due to gamma and it left him permanently messed up.

Also, am I missing something with Supes? Since when did he get this Wolverine level instant healing factor?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242:

That’s with the mother box reviving him though not his own self regeneration so we can’t say for sure if he could do that form his own power.

From the JL movie standpoint he would still be dead if not for the mother box.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242:

That’s with the mother box reviving him though not his own self regeneration so we can’t say for sure if he could do that form his own power.

From the JL movie standpoint he would still be dead if not for the mother box.

Can we even say that the Mother Box has the power to regenerate cells? As far as we know, it can bring a person back to life and that's about it. The fact we have going against it is that Cyborg himself is no more than a head with a beating heart, there's no regeneration that would've happened there, he's effectively a robot.

Let's push the goal post back and say that the Mother Box was indeed responsible for regenerating the hole in his chest, how do we know that a snap with the IG would damage his arm beyond his regeneration or that it would even damage him the same way it did Thanos and Hulk? Clark does after all have the feat of completely restoring his cells from exposure to ionizing radiation (Gamma) in both Kryptonite without sunlight and then the nuke with sunlight. The IG is confirmed to release energy mostly in the form of Gamma, after all. Unless you think the IG snap produces more radiation energy, heat energy and blast energy than the nuke does, I don't see how it would damage Clark that much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: i can agree with your first point.

Regarding the gauntlet it’s vague I guess but to me it’s mostly “magic” it takes a toll. To use all 6 at once is pretty much a death sentence unless you are durable with gamma radiation resistance or extremely durable that you can survive twice like Thanos.

It’s pretty much gonna be almost fully opinionated if anyone here believe Supes can do it or not or at least where he fits on that scale but also would he be that scale universe.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:

@batman242: I was pretty sure it healed completely

He seemingly healed the Stormbreaker wound completely, but the scars from the snap were still there.

But how do know that Clark wouldn't heal completely under the sun for a minute or two?

Because it begs the question why Thanos didn't fix his arm the same way he did the Stormbreaker wound. The gauntlet apparently didn't lose function even when fried, and it follows precedent with the stones' failure to bring back those trapped by the Soul Stone sacrifice (Black Widow). Russo's words only help rather than hurt.

Independently, Hulk's regen looks better than Clark's in that he can regenerate flesh from stabs on his own. But his arm didn't regen a bit post-snap. And Clark's problem was more radiation poisoning than anything, so I don't even know if the damaged flesh would be able to metabolize said photons to begin with. If it could, I don't think it would bring Clark back from death - the sun can only do so much.

If near death, if he could still metabolize yellow sun, I think he would be fine.

Can we even say that the snap would mangle Clark's arm and body to begin with considering we see him take Gamma, heat and a blast from the nuke without getting mangled? The IG works pretty similar to a nuke in that it releases high levels of Gamma radiation and heat, but there's absolutely no blast considering Thor was standing in the exact spot he was after the snap and everyone in the Avengers HQ is completely unaffected.

I think it's hard to gauge Clark's regen without exposure to the sun. The only time we see him get damaged is from the Kryptonite spear and a stab from Doomsday which both involved Kryptonite. We at least know that Kryptonite decays the cells and they would naturally no longer be able to regenerate on their own since they're now dead or deteriorated cells. If Clark hypothetically gets pierced by a regular bullet at night, can we say for sure his body wouldn't regenerate and mend the wound on it's own?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@rajjar:

Clark had a gaping hole in his chest from the Doomsday stab and when we was revived the hole was completely healed without a scar.

Do we know that wasn't because of the MB+Genesis chamber? He couldn't have absorbed any radiation between death and resurrection, and I can't find him healed in any BvS shots I've seen after the battle.

The fact that Clark's flesh was unaffected by the radiation poisoning and heat and pressure from the nuke leads me to think that his flesh at least wouldn't be damaged beyond repair from a snap. This is just me.

But his skin was slowly drifting off like if it were made of floating dust particles. And when we see a shot of his hand, it looks to the point as if Clark was malnourished and the muscles just wasted away. As for his limbs and frame, that last sentence proves itself even more. I wouldn't call it unaffected, since an instant reduction of that size (from mass 1 to mass 2) could kill most biological organisms incapable of regeeneration.'

I voted for 2 or 3, anymore being unreasonable. I don't think he can spam, considering what gamma does to him.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: i can agree with your first point.

Regarding the gauntlet it’s vague I guess but to me it’s mostly “magic” it takes a toll. To use all 6 at once is pretty much a death sentence unless you are durable with gamma radiation absorption or extremely durable that you can survive twice like Thanos.

It’s pretty much gonna be almost fully opinionated if anyone here believe Supes can do it or not or at least where he fits on that scale but also would he be that scale universe.

I don't think there's any magic to be had since the Stones themselves are the literal embodiment of whatever part of the universe they represent and are the product of the Big Bang-- a natural and scientific event. Their energy is already confirmed to be mostly Gamma and Rocket was able to track it's signature with a 3D model once he knew where to look.

Clark has already shown regeneration beyond anyone in the MCU has with him regenerating his body from a mummified husk and from the same kind of energy the IG releases. This also doubles as a better durability feat than at the very least most of what we've seen from the MCU. Given his feats, I can see the snap definitely sapping his body of solar energy and decaying his cells, but not burning or mangling his flesh even to the point beyond repair, honestly. The difference between a nuke and the snap at this point is that one releases energy on a much larger scale, with a blast and heat in the form of plasma.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:
@rajjar said:
@batman242 said:

@batman242: I was pretty sure it healed completely

He seemingly healed the Stormbreaker wound completely, but the scars from the snap were still there.

But how do know that Clark wouldn't heal completely under the sun for a minute or two?

Can we even say that the snap would mangle Clark's arm and body to begin with considering we see him take Gamma, heat and a blast from the nuke without getting mangled? The IG works pretty similar to a nuke in that it releases high levels of Gamma radiation and heat, but there's absolutely no blast considering Thor was standing in the exact spot he was after the snap and everyone in the Avengers HQ is completely unaffected.

The amount of gamma at the epicentre of any nuclear explosion is surprisingly the least amount of gamma dispersed relative to the neutron count, tbf, so a nuke > IG snap in ionizing radiation (which seems to be the thing that hurt Clark, since I see that term so often these threads, but I could be wrong) doesn't have much basis, even though both are unquantifiable. I won't contest the other yields, because that would be straight up wank.

But I don't think he'll get mangled like Thanos. I think after multiple snaps, it'll reach to a point where it's back to the BvS scene except where it's his arm and half of his face instead of his whole body, due to the unique absorptive nature of his cells. After that, though, he is risking death big time. Though what it did to Hulk is indicative of something, considering that Hulk metabolizes gamma, while Clark gets hurt by it. I think the real debate is on whether the sun can heal Clark from the fatal damage.

I think it's hard to gauge Clark's regen without exposure to the sun.

I agree completely.

The only time we see him get damaged is from the Kryptonite spear and a stab from Doomsday which both involved Kryptonite. We at least know that Kryptonite decays the cells and they would naturally no longer be able to regenerate on their own since they're now dead or deteriorated cells.

Fair.

If Clark hypothetically gets pierced by a regular bullet at night, can we say for sure his body wouldn't regenerate and mend the wound on it's own?

If his body has enough solar radiation, why not? A bullet isn't exactly the most significant piercing wound, unless it blows a hole through his head or something.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar:

Do we know that wasn't because of the MB+Genesis chamber? He couldn't have absorbed any radiation between death and resurrection, and I can't find him healed in any BvS shots I've seen after the battle.

We don't either way, I'm just positing a possible scenario. Maybe the waters from the Genesis Chamber were a big help, but I don't think the Mother Box can regenerate cells since it didn't do so for Cyborg.

But his skin was slowly drifting off like if it were made of floating dust particles. And when we see a shot of his hand, it looks to the point as if Clark was malnourished and the muscles just wasted away. As for his limbs and frame, that last sentence proves itself even more. I wouldn't call it unaffected, since an instant reduction of that size (from mass 1 to mass 2) could kill most biological organisms incapable of regeeneration.'

When I said that, I meant in the sense that his flesh and skin weren't in a mangled state like we see happening to Hulk and Thanos even with the nuke releasing similar and even more potent energy to the IG snap. There's still the fact that his withered muscles and malnourished body got completely restored from the sun. I just don't see the snap doing worse than the nuke did to him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@rajjar:

We don't either way, I'm just positing a possible scenario. Maybe the waters from the Genesis Chamber were a big help, but I don't think the Mother Box can regenerate cells since it didn't do so for Cyborg.

The GC can do something alright in terms of generation, considering how much bigger DD is than Zod, and had no neck problems.

When I said that, I meant in the sense that his flesh and skin weren't in a mangled state like we see happening to Hulk and Thanos even with the nuke releasing similar and even more potent energy to the IG snap. There's still the fact that his withered muscles and malnourished body got completely restored from the sun. I just don't see the snap doing worse than the nuke did to him.

Yeah, I just looked over all your responses. Realized that just before my last post.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By MethoKi

@rajjar:

The GC can do something alright in terms of generation, considering how much bigger DD is than Zod, and had no neck problems.

Lol, true.

But I don't think he'll get mangled like Thanos. I think after multiple snaps, it'll reach to a point where it's back to the BvS scene except where it's his arm and half of his face instead of his whole body, due to the unique absorptive nature of his cells. After that, though, he is risking death big time. Though what it did to Hulk is indicative of something, considering that Hulk metabolizes gamma, while Clark gets hurt by it. I think the real debate is on whether the sun can heal Clark from the fatal damage.

With this being said, what do you think would be the true extent of damage from one snap relative to what happened to Hulk and Thanos? While we're at it, I'm of the opinion the Iron Gauntlet, which Hulk used had less protective properties than the Infinity Gauntlet did and could be a big factor into why the burn Hulk felt from connection to the Stones was much more intense on him than it was on Thanos.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

People saying Tony did the snap so its weak are forgetting that Ironman has more nuke level durability feats than Dceu Superman.

1 Tony tanked and doubled back city cracking energy in Sokovia

2 He tanked the Megaton explosion that vaporised Sokovia, albeit being at the bottom end

3 He tanked a building sized meteorite, thats a kiloton durability feat right there

4 Ironman was still able to fight after a Powergem punch. The same punch one shot Binary Carol who can casually tank nuke level ballistic missiles.

Its easy to downplay Ironmans durability because he has a few low ends but he's high end feats are consitantly Clark level or better

There's that rare Iron Man Wank...

I can physically hear the wank from here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@rajjar:

With this being said, what do you think would be the true extent of damage from one snap relative to what happened to Hulk and Thanos?

Eh, his wielding arm will be the maximum possible mass affected by a single snap. Considering that the IG's gamma doesn't actually disperse, his arm gets all of that. It gets some bad damage, but his costume probably remains intact. His flesh doesn't get mangled, but the radiation poisoning means that it will be reduced in mobility/strength/etc. I'd expect volumetric decreases in muscle mass, but on surface level, significantly less damage than what happened to Hulk or Thanos. His energy absorption might actually be the key to why his flesh doesn't get mangled. Still better off than both Thanos and Hulk overall, snap for snap wise.

The only thing I have a hard time accepting is that Clark can handle gamma better than Hulk, considering that Hulk's entire existence and power was contingent on that gamma bombardment - the very reason he nominated himself for the IG. I only believe this because Clark, from the getgo, has only been hurt by it, and a very minute amount relative to the nuke's full output as well. I could be wrong, though.

While we're at it, I'm of the opinion the Iron Gauntlet, which Hulk used had less protective properties than the Infinity Gauntlet did and could be a big factor into why the burn Hulk felt from connection to the Stones was much more intense on him than it was on Thanos.

I agree.

I mean uru metal is rather effective. The OG IG snaps half the universe with the stones, and still manages to blow up the stones afterward without any planetary energy release from the Power Stone (which begs the question, where did all that energy go?) and SB (wood and all, interestingly) straight up goes through their energy emission. Stark's Iron Gauntlet killed Stark from snapping a relatively small amount of lives away, which the Infinity Gauntlet could spam probably. And there's that energy release right when Hulk attempts to snap, but that might be because he tried and failed to bring back Nat (statements).

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjar:

The only thing I have a hard time accepting is that Clark can handle gamma better than Hulk, considering that Hulk's entire existence and power was contingent on that gamma bombardment - the very reason he nominated himself for the IG. I only believe this because Clark, from the getgo, has only been hurt by it, and a very minute amount relative to the nuke's full output as well. I could be wrong, though.

Well you're either of the opinion that the nuke had an atmosphere of some sort and thus some oxygen for the blast to thrive, reducing the effects of radiation or of the opinion that there was no blast due to there being no atmosphere and thus the radiation being much more potent. I personally agree with the former. As thin as the oxygen may have been where they were, there should've still been enough for the blast and fireball to thrive, considering Doomsday comes down engulfed in a flames with a trail of smoke while Clark would've been pushed further into space due to the concussive force. I think what really saved Clark is his physiology as a Kryptonian and being so durable. I mean even after being reduced to a human when he inhaled the Kryptonite gas, decaying his cells, he was still durable enough to take every hit Batman could possibly dish out without getting as much as a welt or lesion on his skin and then there's him presumably not breaking any bones even after being 'crushed' by a 400 lb. man, having a basin broken over his head or being sent through 2 pillars. I think he did better than Hulk did against Gamma completely because of his superior durability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@rajjar:

Well you're either of the opinion that the nuke had an atmosphere of some sort and thus some oxygen for the blast to thrive, reducing the effects of radiation or of the opinion that there was no blast due to there being no atmosphere and thus the radiation being much more potent. I personally agree with the former. As thin as the oxygen may have been where they were, there should've still been enough for the blast and fireball to thrive, considering Doomsday comes down engulfed in a flames with a trail of smoke while Clark would've been pushed further into space due to the concussive force. I think what really saved Clark is his physiology as a Kryptonian and being so durable. I mean even after being reduced to a human when he inhaled the Kryptonite gas, decaying his cells, he was still durable enough to take every hit Batman could possibly dish out without getting as much as a welt or lesion on his skin and then there's him presumably not breaking any bones even after being 'crushed' by a 400 lb. man, having a basin broken over his head or being sent through 2 pillars. I think he did better than Hulk did against Gamma completely because of his superior durability.

Well I agree on the atmosphere part. But I have two areas of contention.

First, I won't dispute the blast, but in order to have some semblance of an argument, I would say there are somewhat legitimate ways to lowball the gamma reception on Clark's part.

1. The dispersal - Clark being at the epicenter means the neutron to gamma ratio ought to be the highest in neutron content, and the lowest in gamma rays

2. Proportion of ionizing radiation - that is a fractionally small percentage of a nuke's energy output that is measured in the hundredths. Considering the gamma "cocktail" per se, was a part among free-roaming electrons, neutrons, and radioactive Helium, the gamma rays are fragmentally smaller. And gamma is still light.

3. Clark's durability explain alot of his tanking, but his part against ionizing radiation doesn't seem that impressive - do you know if the effects on his body were confirmed to be because of ionizing radiation specifically? Perhaps his cells absorption were a disadvantage that bypassed durability because the rays flooded directly into his cells? That might just collapse my whole arg tbh, if it wasn't ionizing radiation.

As for my second part, I thought DD was 'burning up' from re-entry speed. I didn't know he got ignited b the nuke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

karanrasquinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: Superman would end up with a mangled arm for sure. He would survive, no doubt. But he would get an arm like hulk. Hulk has a healing factor and that still didnt help.

UltimateBanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juicers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gamma radiation fuels him though

Avatar image for deactivated-5f11aab627b3f
deactivated-5f11aab627b3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just 1 and he dies.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once with serious damage. Twice may cost him his life or leave him in critical condition. Third time would certainly kill him.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Bayman007

Yes, easily. And if he was weakened by Kryptonite like when he took the nuke to the face in BvS, then the Sun would just revive him anyway. Not that he needs to snap that fool Thanos away

Avatar image for deactivated-60292f0aa8158
deactivated-60292f0aa8158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he would be left in a similar state as Thanos but will handle it better due to sunlight regen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he exists within the same rule set he is permanently damaged I think peiple are forgetting currently its confirmed that damage from the Gems / snap cant be repaired or healed.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably one gem is enough to kill him since he is weak against magic.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

LOL no, he cannot

Thanos, damaged Iron Man, Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>>>Superman

Avatar image for deactivated-5f11a9f7b0428
deactivated-5f11a9f7b0428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snaps regenerates, snaps regenerates, snaps regenerates...

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

In terms of radiation and heat, Superman survived being at the epicenter of a nuke while weakened (though not the blast since he was in space), so he could handle those aspects of the snap. As for the sheer power output he endured the explosion of the World Engine (which would be nuke level+ for a number of reasons) while weakened and wasn't even KOed. He likely deals with it better than Thanos, and if he's in sunlight he'll heal the damage right back up.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 rajjarsalt  Online

If he exists within the same rule set he is permanently damaged I think peiple are forgetting currently its confirmed that damage from the Gems / snap cant be repaired or healed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0874809400
deactivated-5ea0874809400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Radiation would probably leave him in a similar state as the Nuke.

Alangalicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk durable than superman so just one.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By rajjarsalt  Online

Yeah, Prime Thor couldn't have done it once. Superman wouldn't, either.