Can dceu superman fly through mcu prime Surtur at full speed?

• 50 results
Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Can dceu superman fly through mcu prime Surtur at full speed? (64 votes)

Yes 44%
No 56%

-4km Surtur

-based off comments on https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/how-powerful-is-this-strike-from-mcu-surtur-2058707/

• 
ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same effect as Hulk

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course he can.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karkus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if he could, it wouldn't do much. Surtur was virtually unaffected by those massive blades that Hela sent through him. Surtur still solos Superman and the rest of the DCEU.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, no.

NWName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NWName

@bayman007 said:

Of course he can.

This. Still doesn't mean he is doing any kind of meaningful damage tho.

Namebk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

KingFrieza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Staggers him, then gets one shot.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Even if he does, it wouldn't affect him.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a point blank shockwave that destroys mountains can't DCEU Superman can't either.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the poll option for "Not a battle"?

Anyways, yeah he probably can.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He'd only stagger him. At best he would knock him down, assuming Surtur isn't bracing for it or expecting any sort of attack.

BlackWizzard17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk how superman loses, statue can't fight back.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Eredin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, he cannot even replicate what Hulk did

Improved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this trash? Hulk going supersonic couldn't even pierce a recently awakened Surtur, what makes you think Supes will do that much better for Surtur at his full height?

PastorJarvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur kill him.

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

by his direct feats, probably not. But if the black zero & world engine are made from the same material as the phantom zone doorway... then casually

Improved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Improved
Apostles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for money_brings_happiness
Money_Brings_Happiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Surtur is well above his pay grade at his max height Hulk would not have been able to even move his head he only moved the head of a much weaker Surtur. Surtur likely doesn't move from the hit while Superman bounces off him and may be hurt from the heat from Surtur that is capable of melting buildings just by being near them.

cupofreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman flys a hole through him at top speed.

Crunch5481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surter is made out of lava, melted rock, in his giant form. Superman goes right through his body. Will that do anything? Most likely not, but he could.

And LMAO at Superman getting hurt from the heat HAHA

Lava's max 2,200 degF, DD's heat vision >10,000 degF, Nuke 150,000,000 degF

Still never been burned.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao, and Superman is made of flesh. Trashy wank.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bullrush that moved millions of tons didn't even puncture his body, so no.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RajjarsAlt

@webinyoureye11 said:

by his direct feats, probably not. But if the black zero & world engine are made from the same material as the phantom zone doorway... then casually

Srs question, did a plane actually crash into the WE? Or was it a Kryptonian ship?

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RajjarsAlt

Independently, Surtur shockwaves, esp the ones that he no sells >>> Kryptonians.

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By webinyoureye11

@rajjarsalt said:
@webinyoureye11 said:

Srs question, did a plane actually crash into the WE? Or was it a Kryptonian ship?

I’m talking about the fact that this (2:36)

Loading Video...

Was still intact enough to release zod from the phantom zone even though the shockwave from kryptons destruction destroyed one of its moons which was also further away from the planet than the doorway

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes, and it'd kill him.

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: Wait, is that the zone's doorway we see at 4:05 in the bottom right part of the screen?

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11: Wait, is that the zone's doorway we see at 4:05 in the bottom right part of the screen?

No that’s just a moon that was shattered sometime before

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark breaks every bone in his body

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BladeOfFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt said:
@webinyoureye11 said:

I’m talking about the fact that this (2:36)

Loading Video...

Was still intact enough to release zod from the phantom zone even though the shockwave from kryptons destruction destroyed one of its moons which was also further away from the planet than the doorway

And I'm talking about this.

Loading Video...

I feel this is important. The BZ and WE shouldn't be made of the same stuff as the door. This happened to the BZ. And the WE was found on old Daxam, and the best it has for itself is legs that are built to absorb the shock of decelerated re-entry.

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: time stamps don’t seem to be working so I’m not sure what you want me to see there.

RajjarsAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RajjarsAlt

@webinyoureye11 said:

@rajjarsalt: time stamps don’t seem to be working so I’m not sure what you want me to see there.

Oh sorry about that, I should have realized earlier. I'm saying the Kryptonian ship most relevant to the above (BZ) is kinda unreliable when it comes to scaling to the Phantom Gateway thingy (2:49) because it takes damage from much less powerful impacts.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkus said:

Even if he could, it wouldn't do much. Surtur was virtually unaffected by those massive blades that Hela sent through him. Surtur still solos Superman and the rest of the DCEU.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bayman007

@nwname said:
@bayman007 said:

Of course he can.

This. Still doesn't mean he is doing any kind of meaningful damage tho.

With the knowledge, it's arguable that all Supes would need to do is smash his crown from his head, something he could pull off by flying through the right parts of his face. He will feel that

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@webinyoureye11 said:

Oh sorry about that, I should have realized earlier. I'm saying the Kryptonian ship most relevant to the above (BZ) is kinda unreliable when it comes to scaling to the Phantom Gateway thingy (2:49) because it takes damage from much less powerful impacts.

No Caption Provided

there was no damage that we can see done to the BZ. The explosion we see is in all likelihood the plane exploding on impact, as things filled with combustible fuel tend to do

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@webinyoureye11: It's quite clear that the FZ singularity is what made that hole in the WE though, and not the cargo plane impact. What do you think of the WE's overall durability? Oh, and as for the Moon instance, MrTrey already showed it to me but I never took it seriously.

Edit: The BZ is a much more advanced technology than the Kryptonian scout ship so it should logically be more durable and the latter has feats like generating a powerful earthquake that was felt from probably a mile away upon its activation whilst buried under a shit ton of ice, and flying through more than 6 Skyscrapers like a hot knife through butter w/o losing its momentum at all etc etc.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he can there is no durability feat that says otherwise

Any other response is wank

webinyoureye11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By webinyoureye11

@thebestofthebest said:

@webinyoureye11: It's quite clear that the FZ singularity is what made that hole in the WE though, and not the cargo plane impact. What do you think of the WE's overall durability? Oh, and as for the Moon instance, MrTrey already showed it to me but I never took it seriously.

Edit: The BZ is a much more advanced technology than the Kryptonian scout ship so it should logically be more durable and the latter has feats like generating a powerful earthquake that was felt from probably a mile away upon its activation whilst buried under a shit ton of ice, and flying through more than 6 Skyscrapers like a hot knife through butter w/o losing its momentum at all etc etc.

I mean, even one of the vfx dudes even said the destruction of krypton damaged the doorway & released Zod. So I don’t see why we can’t accept it tbh.

It being consistent is a whole other thing

plus, I don’t think krypton advanced much. I believe their height of power was when they sent the scout ships out into space. Add in all the bts of krypton that mention how ancient & decadent everything is because the society became stagnant & I see no reason to believe they advanced much, if at all

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No he can't, can't believe people are this stupid

Prime surtur = Prime odin

Prime odin possibly needed help to defeat surtur, although it was off screen so thats down to speculation.

The writers already confirmed prime odin was too powerful to be shown on screen, superman flying through surtur will have NO effect, it might just motivate surtur to kill him faster, this is no different than an ant trying to hurt a centipede

ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

@webinyoureye11: He did? I need a link for that one, if you don't mind that is. Agreed, in regards to consistency.

plus, I don’t think krypton advanced much. I believe their height of power was when they sent the scout ships out into space. Add in all the bts of krypton that mention how ancient & decadent everything is because the society became stagnant & I see no reason to believe they advanced much, if at all

I'm inclined to disagree with you there, mate. I was only basing it off of what the VFX supervisor said. Here is the quote in question:

Clark discovers a spaceship in the Arctic. Can you explain to us in details about its design and creation?

"The Scoutship was designed based on illustrations provided by the art department. As all Kryptonian technologies, it has that very organic and profiled look, however this ship was supposed to be much older technology than what you see during the 1st act on Krypton as it’s been buried in the ice for almost 20,000 years. As we also created the Dropship, which is a more modern ship, we had a good comparison point to work out how worn out it should be, and how the thrusters system needed to be slightly more archaic."

Source: https://www.artofvfx.com/man-of-steel-guillaume-rocheron-vfx-supervisor-mpc/

See the underlined portion? He was referring to the Kryptonian Scoutship. It's a much older technology than the black zero.

Edit: However, there are plenty of more interesting things that were either said or confirmed within that^ article. For example, it confirms that Clark was weaker during early MoS/SV fighting scenes and then reached the height of his power towards the end of MoS, after he busted the WE (during his mano-y-mano with Zod to be precise) or how they were releasing shockwaves capable of tearing entire skyscrapers in half or the fact that Zod was weaker before he ripped off his armour, same armour that was taking hits and bullrushes from Superman:

"Zod and Superman battle in amongst buildings and when they hit each other tend to generate enormous shockwaves that rip skyscrapers in half. Although much of this was completely digital (some live action was shot in Chicago and then on Vancouver greenscreen soundstages), Wright says Dneg implemented real photography onto its digital doubles wherever possible. "

"Adds Wright: "There's one shot where Zod hits Superman up the side of the building. Superman is hovering above. Zod starts running up the side of the building. This is just before he rips his armour off and is taking in more of the sun's energy. Superman flies down to hit him and the two of them collide causing that shockwave. DJ and Zack were both really keen to make it feel like two Gods were fighting, and they were at the height of their powers right then."

Source: https://www.fxguide.com/fxfeatured/man-of-steel-vfx-milestones/

And amongst other interesting confirmations, such as the Kryptonians operational speed being FTS etc etc.