People who are saying being multiversal can overcome GER are greatly lowballing GER.
GER's ability doesn't cap out at universal. In fact, it even affected an acausal being (Diavolo). Acausal beings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> multiversal beings. An acausal being is completely outside of time, space, reality, the universe, the multiverse, etc.
Not really, no. Acausal beings can be within the multiverse. Multiversal beings can be, and for example are in Doctor Who, beyond time, as time is a fourth (and maybe fifth) dimension. If the multiverse/universe is more than that many dimensions (temporal/spatial, not just spatial) then by definition they are beyond time. Things like Chronovores in Doctor Who are beyond time, able to alter events without altering themselves. And Chronovores are massively below other beings in Doctor Who who aren't greater than multiverse level.
A multiverse destroying attack or a multiversal reality warping attack wouldn't do anything against a being that already operates outside of it all. Any being that operates on time are already at a disadvantage against GER. GER operates outside of time, meaning even after you hit it, GER can prevent you from ever hitting it before you even do so. So multiverse busting attacks and reality warping attacks are going to be useless against GER.
Again, you assume that being less than multiversal means you aren't acausal. Being outside of time in one universe could mean, and does in lots of settings, that you are outside of time in another universe in the setting. Using Doctor Who again, since I know it rather well, Nobody No-One is from a different universe than the main one. He changes his past without any impact on him in the "present" moment. But he is decidedly not multiversal, and only using him as an NLF lets him get to universe level power.
To beat GER you have to:
- Be acausal
- Be able to beat beings who can beat acausal beings
- Be unaffected by time or the lack of
- Operate outside of space, time, reality etc.
- Have infinite range, speed, and power
Alright, let's look at this list.
- Be acausal - Chronovores from Doctor Who are outside the flow of time, so check
- Be able to beat acausal beings/beings who can beat acausal beings - Chronovores can defeat each other
- Be unaffected by time or lack there of - Chronovores act outside the 4th temporal dimension, so sure
- Operate outside of space/time/reality - Where did GER do this? If it can act there, there's probably space. Regardless, the Eternals, who are equal to the Chronovores, can go into the Void, and thus Chronovores probably can to
- Have infinite range/speed/power - This means nothing, show that GER can get to places that don't exist in the JoJo verse. Saying infinite range doesn't work, since even if the infinite range was true, it'd only apply to places in the JoJo verse itself,
Now, IDK if the Chronovore wins, I haven't finished JoJo Part 3 yet, so I haven't read about Giorno yet.
EDIT: And the Thought Robot being able to wield the story itself, and hold all of creation from the outside, should be able to do it.