Can anyone beat Gold Experience Requiem?

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By transcendence

Excluding characters from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, is there anyone or anything in fiction that can overcome Giorno Giovana/Gold Experience Requiem? How? I don't read the manga but was just wondering if there exists a hax power/ability more powerful?

Powers & Abilities

Nullification of Cause and Effect: Gold Experience Requiem's ability is to turn anything, including his opponent's attack and willpower, back to the state of "zero". Hence, it is near invincible, as all "supposed" actions created by an opponent would have been reset (back to point zero). It is mentioned by Giorno himself that he is unsure of the exact workings and limits of Requiem's powers, but it has been shown that its range of influence extends from finger beams, surface contact, and to even being in the mere attention of Requiem.

Requiem's abilities is seen by some fans to be opposite of King Crimson's: King Crimson erases the "cause" and keeps the "effect" (i.e time where a bullet would hit him is erased, causing the bullet to warp past him), while Requiem keeps the "cause" but erases the "effect", causing endless scenarios where actions and initiatives are started, but the effects of such does not occur (as shown when Requiem completely halted King Crimson's cause erasing ability).

If the opponent is "killed" by the stand itself, then they will also continuously experience death, as they will die but repeatedly return to point "zero" (i.e Diavolo's endless death loops).

This ability renders Giorno essentially untouchable by anything that would try to hurt him and is perhaps the strongest defense in the series.

Life Giver: Gold Experience is capable of changing inorganic objects into living organisms. A pen can be turned into a snake, a bullet into a beetle and so on. Giorno frequently produces small life forms (frogs, snakes, flies) and plants which he apparently has control over. When any of these are attacked indiscriminately, the creation will not be harmed, and instead the attacker receives the amount of pain they would have inflicted.

Life Shot: Gold Experience's ability can also be applied to living individuals, causing their thought processes to greatly accelerate. This was employed in battles to cause enemies to lose temporal coordination of their bodies (the body cannot catch up with the mind). This also increases and amplifies the reception of the senses in one's body. For example, any pain that is felt would seem to last longer than usual due to the heightened senses. The move might be inherited from The World, because Gold Experience can slow down time in people's bodies.

Transformation: Later on, Giorno developed (or discovered) Gold Experience's ability to produce organic components of the body (e.g. transforming bullets stuck in someone's body into the very blood vessels and organs they destroyed) - evidently, these transformations are permanent. Giorno discovers this new ability after having his throat and foot "cubed" off by Baby Face's ability. Giorno subsequently takes up the healer role of the party. Unlike Josuke, however, Giorno can also heal himself. As it was not originally designed for healing, the process is quite painful.

High Potential Versatility: One of its most distinguishing features throughout the series is its extremely high Development Potential characteristic, with its life and nature related abilities showing little to no limit over its usage and descriptions only scratching the surface of what it can do. While many other Stands throughout the series have shown their own amazing usage and ability via tandem of acuity of wit and skill of a user with their Stand's powers and rules, Giorno has shown a wide application of Gold Experience's vast expanse of ability, be it to accelerate the growth of other floral life, use trees and other flora to entangle and capture opponents, or even reverse transform his creations in disguise to ambush opponents.

Giorno with Gold Experience Requiem
Giorno with Gold Experience Requiem
Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

2 GER's.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

TOAA

Najimi Ajimu

The Presence

The Source

Man Of Miracles

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By transcendence
transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chewforce Batman

Loebforce Rulk

Yatforce Wonder Woman

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By transcendence

@jestersmiles said:

@transcendence: anyone that universal+

Are you sure? IIRC, GER functioned outside of Time and Space so shouldn't it be able to overcome characters existing in a physical universe/multiverse since he exists outside of it?

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Frisky4

@citizensentry said:

Chewforce Batman

Loebforce Rulk

Yatforce Wonder Woman

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neck strength?

JwwProd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wonder if the entire Celestial race would be able to beat him.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NotATreeABush
No Caption Provided

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

I wonder if the entire Celestial race would be able to beat him.

I doubt it. But you're a Lucifer Morningstar fan, how would he fare against GER?

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4 said:

@citizensentry said:

Chewforce Batman

Loebforce Rulk

Yatforce Wonder Woman

Any neck resistance feats for GER ?

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dr. Who

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gokuss4z

Gok......... nah just kidding.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mysticmedivh
  • TOAA
  • Presence
  • Grant Morrison
  • Primal Monitor
  • Great Evil Beast
  • PR-Beyonder
  • PR-Molecule Man
  • Thought Robot
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Elaine Belloc
  • Mr. Mxyzptlk
  • Bugs Bunny
  • HOTU Thanos
  • Living Tribunal
  • Protégé
  • Scathan

You get the point.

Nightway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if anyone said this, but Doctor Who. He deals with this kind of crazy shizzle fo hizzle all the time.

Atomic X.

Squirrel Girl.

Butterball.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightway said:

Not sure if anyone said this, but Doctor Who. He deals with this kind of crazy shizzle fo hizzle all the time.

Atomic X.

Squirrel Girl.

Butterball.

See post #19.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@transcendence: Thanos with IG/HOTU,Beyonder,Molecule Man,Living Tribunal,Anti-Monitor,Eternity,Mr.Mxy,Man of Miracles,Omega Spawn,Death of the Endless,HOM Scarlet Witch,Scathan,Lucifer Morningstar,Protege,Lord of Nightmares,Kami Tenchi,100% Othinus,Zeedmillenuimon,Featherine

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• TOAA
  • Presence
  • Grant Morrison
  • Primal Monitor
  • Great Evil Beast
  • PR-Beyonder
  • PR-Molecule Man
  • Thought Robot
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Elaine Belloc
  • Mr. Mxyzptlk
  • Bugs Bunny
  • HOTU Thanos
  • Living Tribunal
  • Protégé
  • Scathan

You get the point.

But....

Gold Experience Requiem's ability is to turn anything, including his opponent's attack and willpower, back to the state of "zero". Hence, it is near invincible, as all "supposed" actions created by an opponent would have been reset (back to point zero).

If the opponent is "killed" by the stand itself, then they will also continuously experience death, as they will die but repeatedly return to point "zero" (i.e Diavolo's endless death loops).

You'd need some serious hax ability to overcome that.

Nightway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Oh. Well..Whoops.

Anyway, anyone on my list should be able to win.

Butterball cannot be effected by outside forces at all.

Squirrel Girl wins with her Mary Sueness.

Atomic X is nigh omnipotent. If he can't cut it, I guess regular Alien X can because his body can't be effected by outside forces unless they are multiversal, since his mind exists outside the universe.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:
  • TOAA
  • Presence
  • Grant Morrison
  • Primal Monitor
  • Great Evil Beast
  • PR-Beyonder
  • PR-Molecule Man
  • Thought Robot
  • Michael Demiurgos
  • Lucifer Morningstar
  • Elaine Belloc
  • Mr. Mxyzptlk
  • Bugs Bunny
  • HOTU Thanos
  • Living Tribunal
  • Protégé
  • Scathan

You get the point.

But....

Gold Experience Requiem's ability is to turn anything, including his opponent's attack and willpower, back to the state of "zero". Hence, it is near invincible, as all "supposed" actions created by an opponent would have been reset (back to point zero).

You'd need some serious hax ability to overcome that.

NLF.

GER isn't touching multiversal powerhouses.

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuss4z said:

Gok......... nah just kidding.

Goku has a much, much bigger fanbase so I guess you can say Goku stomps him in this case.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@transcendence: What's the most he has ever done? I can say MJJs a reality warper, so he can warp reality on any scale, or that Mandrakk is a story manipulator, so he can beat anyone in a story. That's not how we do things on the vine. You need feats. The people Mystic listed can all defeat him, for example: (excluding omnipotents like Bugs, Primal Monitor, The Presence, TOAA....)

Lucifer at his prime tanked a creation erasing blast easily, then used the power to make his own multiverse using only his will.

HOTU Thanos absorbed the Living Tribunal, Eternity....and basically became one with Creation.

Molecule Man repaired billions of universes with a point of his finger.

And most of these beings, like Lucifer, are beyond Death unless they wish to die or fade. Some even created the concept of dying. Seriously, GER is NOT as powerful as people make him to be.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

Adam Warlock w/ IG

transcendence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transcendence: What's the most he has ever done? I can say MJJs a reality warper, so he can warp reality on any scale, or that Mandrakk is a story manipulator, so he can beat anyone in a story. That's not how we do things on the vine. You need feats. The people Mystic listed can all defeat him, for example: (excluding omnipotents like Bugs, Primal Monitor, The Presence, TOAA....)

Lucifer at his prime tanked a creation erasing blast easily, then used the power to make his own multiverse using only his will.

HOTU Thanos absorbed the Living Tribunal, Eternity....and basically became one with Creation.

And most of these beings, like Lucifer, are beyond Death unless they wish to die or fade. Some even created the concept of dying. Seriously, GER is NOT as powerful as people make him to be.

I know everything you said but like I said, I'm not an expert on GER. @realitywarper: Maybe this guy can give you some feats.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In addition to death, some of the people I have listed have transcended space and time completely, like the Living Tribunal.

The Beyonder is... Whatever he wills is absolute. His imagination is reality. Beyond logic, and transcending comprehension.

Mr. Mxyzptlk (all feats taken into consideration) can jump outside of the comic book and go to the real world, and arguably change the plot.

In the case of Molecule Man, he repaired the multiverse, meaning he technically repaired an infinite amount of universes.

The GER argument is a NLF. Deadpool is immune to TP, but TOAA would have no trouble reading his mind. Juggernaut is immune to physical damage altogether, but a punch a mere flick of the fingers from the Beyonder would utterly destroy him.

This is my argument for Superboy/man Prime as to why being immune to magic is a NLF.

Let's say you display complete invulnerability to telepathy from Professor X, Doctor Strange, Emma Frost, and Thanos.

By doing so you prove that, for the most part, are immune to telepathy up to the most powerful character that you've shown invulnerability to.

However, without the proper feats, that does not mean that someone who is countless leagues above you (let's say the Living Tribunal) can't use telepathy on you unless you have shown such feats in regards to characters in that tier.

The same logic I used in that case can be applied here.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the question with GER is at what point does its power cease to effect certain entities and beings who are cosmically powerful. Unless GER's power is seen as an extension of w/e god being exists in its universe there is going to be other beings capable of being unaffected by its power and just destroying GER. Every power has its limits.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RealityWarper

@baron_von_santa said:

I know everything you said but like I said, I'm not an expert on GER. @realitywarper: Maybe this guy can give you some feats.

GER has just a few feats BUT he canceled the use of an Universal Time Skip.

@baron_von_santa said:

In addition to death, some of the people I have listed have transcended space and time completely, like the Living Tribunal.

The Beyonder is... Whatever he wills is absolute. His imagination is reality. Beyond logic, and transcending comprehension.

Mr. Mxyzptlk (all feats taken into consideration) can jump outside of the comic book and go to the real world, and arguably change the plot.

In the case of Molecule Man, he repaired the multiverse, meaning he technically repaired an infinite amount of universes.

The GER argument is a NLF. Deadpool is immune to TP, but TOAA would have no trouble reading his mind. Juggernaut is immune to physical damage altogether, but a punch a mere flick of the fingers from the Beyonder would utterly destroy him.

This is my argument for Superboy/man Prime as to why being immune to magic is a NLF.

Let's say you display complete invulnerability to telepathy from Professor X, Doctor Strange, Emma Frost, and Thanos.

By doing so you prove that, for the most part, are immune to telepathy up to the most powerful character that you've shown invulnerability to.

However, without the proper feats, that does not mean that someone who is countless leagues above you (let's say the Living Tribunal) can't use telepathy on you unless you have shown such feats in regards to characters in that tier.

The same logic I used in that case can be applied here.

No Caption Provided

I agree with your logic.

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transcendence: Protégé is a damn had ability. He was copying the powers of the Living Tribunal and no one could beat him. He's a abstract Amazo.

Also neck feats? Yatforce Wonder Woman>>> TOAA+Presence

Avatar image for omnipotentnekrom
OmnipotentNekrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ger is kinda overrated but yea any cosmic entity or multiversal reality warper can deal with it if you universal or below you are powerless vs ger

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@trionace: He could only copy the powers he saw, no one tried to warp him out of existence; they just ducked it out with him.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trionace said:

@transcendence: Protégé is a damn had ability. He was copying the powers of the Living Tribunal and no one could beat him. He's a abstract Amazo.

Also neck feats? Yatforce Wonder Woman>>> TOAA+Presence

Scathan defeated him.

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batmite

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Obligatory.

DXC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GER is only Universal.Anything above that beats it.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ennisforce Punisher.

JwwProd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JwwProd

GOD DAMMIT! this makes me really want to make a Gold Experience Requiem vs Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann thread.

andr413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LORD ITACHI TOTSUKA BLITZ

Avatar image for giorno_giovanna
Giorno_Giovanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To the people saying Gold Experience Requiem caps out at universal, you are completely misunderstanding its ability. Range is meaningless to it. Its stats even say none meaning everything is irrelevant to it. Consider it to be transfinite. Its an acausal being that was even completely unaffected by the erasure of time. To beat GER you would need to be acausal and transfinite in all categories. Simply being able to destroy multiverses and what not wouldn't work. You would have to be able to counter the conceptual hax that is GER. Its not something you can overcome with sheer force. Reality warping itself wouldn't do anything either, because GER exists outside of reality, and can prevent you from taking action in the first place.

Avatar image for giorno_giovanna
Giorno_Giovanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Giorno_Giovanna

@baron_von_santa said:

First of all Mandrakk wouldn't be able to do anything to JoJo. JoJo isn't a story in the characters' perspective. There's even a character that can summon and control fictional characters, yet he can't summon and control JoJo characters.

Lucifer has been killed before. Just because he can't permanently die doesn't mean anything. GER will force him to experience death over and over again for all eternity. GER can't be overcome with brute force.

@omnipotentnekrom Not every cosmic entity can beat GER. Like not the Celestials for instance. GER exists outside of their range.

@serrure IG wouldn't do anything.

@dxc GER can't be beaten by multiversals. Its power doesn't work that way. It's transfinite.

@spambot It can affect even acausal beings such as Diavolo. It's also transfinite. There are very few beings that can stand up to it.

Wench_Jewun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wench_Jewun

To the people saying Gold Experience Requiem caps out at universal, you are completely misunderstanding its ability. Range is meaningless to it. Its stats even say none meaning everything is irrelevant to it. Consider it to be transfinite. Its an acausal being that was even completely unaffected by the erasure of time. To beat GER you would need to be acausal and transfinite in all categories. Simply being able to destroy multiverses and what not wouldn't work. You would have to be able to counter the conceptual hax that is GER. Its not something you can overcome with sheer force. Reality warping itself wouldn't do anything either, because GER exists outside of reality, and can prevent you from taking action in the first place.

no limits fallacy.

This is why CV focuses on feats. If you just use logical statements and play them out to their ultimate conclusion, we can say for example: Batman with prep can beat anyone, when we know that simply isn't true.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mysticmedivh
Wench_Jewun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers