Can a morals off Thor one shot Immortal Hulk ?

• 133 results
Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

@blackspidey2099 said:

@battle123axe: Okay, I never said Thor is going to one-shot Immortal Hulk by punching him in the face or anything like that. I literally said that it would have to be one of his more powerful attacks which he hasn't used on Hulk ever before. So I'm not sure why you're disagreeing with me.

Yeah but his most powerful attacks i've seen would just blow a hole through him, I haven't seen a thor attack on the scale required to just wipe him out.

Here he used a godblast on the scale that it "engulfed Galactus with energy". Galactus is a lot bigger than hulk.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Godblast, maybe.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Underfire47

@kirkseven said:

A few funny things to note here.

1. Thor after he one-shot Thing went on a morals off rampage literally trying to kill the Hulk and failed to even KO him, so he had to BFR him.

2. The artist that worked on the Hulk/Thing fight said that a throw from Thors hammer would do less damage to Thing than Hulks fists have.

3. Punching a hole through Immortal Hulks body have proven to be ineffective in terms of KOing him on multiple occasions, whether it's through his body or through his head.

4. This is using ABC logic and is removing all the context from either example. Meaning Thor blasting a hole through "amped" Thing was a low showing on Things part, borderline PIS and Thing KOing Immortal Hulk the way he did was at the very best questionable in terms of how much it was plausible under regular conditions or how consistent it is rather than it being something like a 1 in 20 or 1 in 100 chance of happening.

With all that said i do think Thor is capable of one-shotting even Immortal Hulk under the right circumstances, just as i think any other high-tier can one-shot any other high-tier under the right circumstance, i just think the examples above are using false equivalence and are stripped of all context.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hulks get one-shotted easily if its morals off. The Hulk will be seen many green doors.

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably, KO only. Not 10/10, but the question is can Thor, yes, he can.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jay_z94

If Thing can KO Hulk with an ALL OUT punch, I think Thor with mjolnir could do the same due to two reasons:

- Thing shattered his arm KOing Hulk and Mjolnir has casually one-shotted/gone clean though an amped Thing’s chest.

- Thor with Mjolnir going ALL OUT whilst weakened by Gorr has cracked planets and moons with the shockwaves of his hits.

AndreasVer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, unless he uses a GodBlast

KHAOSeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: that artist doesn't know what they're talking about. Thor threw his have straight through a much stronger things chest. No punch from the Thing will every exceed what Thor had managed to do, particularly in his fight with Gorr, where their fight destroyed the planet they were on and had him cracking a moon by swinging at it.

On topic, worthy Thor probably can't one shot him with physical blows though. If he actually uses his powers that authors seen to perpetually ignore for some reason, then he could. Also, Herald King Thor DEFINITELY one shots of he wants to. Probably wouldn't even require a punch given what he did to Bill.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: that artist doesn't know what they're talking about. Thor threw his have straight through a much stronger things chest. No punch from the Thing will every exceed what Thor had managed to do, particularly in his fight with Gorr, where their fight destroyed the planet they were on and had him cracking a moon by swinging at it.

On topic, worthy Thor probably can't one shot him with physical blows though. If he actually uses his powers that authors seen to perpetually ignore for some reason, then he could. Also, Herald King Thor DEFINITELY one shots of he wants to. Probably wouldn't even require a punch given what he did to Bill.

He knows more than you and Thor never destroyed any planets in his fights with Gorr, he cracked a Moon after repeatedly fighting Gorr and even exceed his own limit to the point of breaking his own fingers and tearing his muscles from the strain.

As for cosmic Thor yea i would agree, although we will have to wait and see since Hulk is scheduled to fight Thor and the rest of the Avengers likely in a few months.

KHAOSeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47:

Clearly he doesn't. Being a comic book artist doesn't mean anything in regards to your knowledge of characters. Heck, comic book artists and writers are constantly getting shown up by fans in the who knows more about character x moments.

Except you can clearly see destroyed planets in the background. When he cracks the moon. We're both shown and told it's happening:

No Caption Provided

While it certainly wasn't a casual feat, part of the reason he was getting so injured from his own swings was because of the necrosword creating flesh eating maggots inside of his body.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TakenStew22

@khaoseater said:

@underfire47:

Clearly he doesn't. Being a comic book artist doesn't mean anything in regards to your knowledge of characters. Heck, comic book artists and writers are constantly getting shown up by fans in the who knows more about character x moments.

Except you can clearly see destroyed planets in the background. When he cracks the moon. We're both shown and told it's happening:

No Caption Provided

While it certainly wasn't a casual feat, part of the reason he was getting so injured from his own swings was because of the necrosword creating flesh eating maggots inside of his body.

What's the top arrow pointing to? I do agree his shockwaves were shattering the planet below them but that blue thing isn't a different planet, it's one of the explosions gushing out of the planet like the one behind them.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47:

No Caption Provided

No but it does gives us perspective on where they see each character. The fact that you or me know more than some writer/artist doesn't mean their words and input still doesn't hold more weight.

No you don't, that's just explosions from the planet/palentoid beneath them and all we see is a few miles long crack appear, we don't know if that planet/planetoid ever actually exploded or fell apart. The maggots eating the inside of his body had nothing to do with the muscles and bones in his fingers and arms tearing and cracking, the maggots where attacking his torso.

Avatar image for blackstaroblivion
BlackStarOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely he can.

Adr1xz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulks get one-shotted easily if its morals off. The Hulk will be seen many green doors.

Thor has tried to kill Hulk before. Thor has no problem killing or maiming so morals off isnt that much different than normal Thor. Out of character and bloodlusted maybe

KHAOSeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krimsonboris: LMAO, are you serious? You know you just said Thing is stronger than Thor, right? When has Thor failed to hurt the thing, much less while legitimately blood lusted? No Thing feat has ever come close to what Thor did against Gorr. Stop it. If you really think this, make a Thing vs Thor thread and see how that turns out.

KHAOSeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By KHAOSeater

@underfire47: of course their word is important, but when it blatantly flies in the face of preexisting sources of canon, then we're allowed to question it. Especially if there w significant history of I've character (Thor), being much stronger than another (thing)

I'd say it's safe to assume that planet was toast, given that we're told planets around him we're shattering, we see significant destruction on the planets surface deep enough to your can see the light from lava flows, and that Thor cracked the moon that was orbiting said planet by swinging at it. It makes sense for the planet they were much closer to the be much worse off.

Also, the force he exerted in the process was injuring him, but it's easier to overexert and injure your body when it's already significantly damaged in the first place. Particularly, damaging your muscles when something is eating through your muscles would be much more likely to occur. It also never states which muscles tear, just that they do. Besides which, the action of swinging something with force requires multiple muscle groups working in tandem, including muscles in your core and back.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What we have to keep in mind is that Thor and Hulk have almost never had a truly determined battle to the death. They were always rivals, then very close friends. Almost never have they fought each other with the anger and the violence that we know they are capable of.

So if an all-out battle were to occur between these two where they are trying to kill each other and nothing will stop them, we have to expect incredibly violent things like Thor throwing his hammer with enough power to punch right through the Hulk, only for Hulk to regenerate. And Hulk eventually ripping Thor’s arm off as a last ditch effort to keep him from the hammer, but Thor fighting on with the hammer in his other hand.

They are both capable of these feats and feats on this level of power as we have seen countless times before, and they would both be able to take the best that the other can dish out and still fight like desperate dogs. It would have to be a very violent and gory fight on both sides before either comes out the winner.

KHAOSeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: okay, I think you're right about the explosion thing. The curvature you see at the top confused me into thinking the crust was shearing off of another planet near the one they were on, but in retrospect, it looks very similar to the other explosion rising up out of the surface.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Underfire47

@khaoseater said:

@underfire47: of course their word is important, but when it blatantly flies in the face of preexisting sources of canon, then we're allowed to question it. Especially if there w significant history of I've character (Thor), being much stronger than another (thing)

I'd say it's safe to assume that planet was toast, given that we're told planets around him we're shattering, we see significant destruction on the planets surface deep enough to your can see the light from lava flows, and that Thor cracked the moon that was orbiting said planet by swinging at it. It makes sense for the planet they were much closer to the be much worse off.

Also, the force he exerted in the process was injuring him, but it's easier to overexert and injure your body when it's already significantly damaged in the first place. Particularly, damaging your muscles when something is eating through your muscles would be much more likely to occur. It also never states which muscles tear, just that they do. Besides which, the action of swinging something with force requires multiple muscle groups working in tandem, including muscles in your core and back.

Sure, i just don't like to outright dismiss their words, besides Thing has been climbing in power for some time, i wouldn't be surprised if he outshines Thor in the Emypre event, we will have to wait and see.

I don't deal with assumptions, we never saw the planet exploding or being destroyed we just saw a part of it that was maybe a mile or so long that has cracked open, we don't even know if it's a planet or a planetoid or another Moon.

Yea except the part of his body that he was injuring himself was not affected by the maggots from Gorr, they were directly contributed to him hurting himself from overexerting himself. The worms were not eating his hands and there was no mention of him tearing his muscles in his core and in his back, these are all pure assumptions and people trying to overblow a feat that was really not that impressive because it was shared, Thor pushed himself over the limit, it required multiple blows and all it did in the end was show a single crack on a Moon that could have eventually slowly but surely endangered the lives of the people on that Moon, had Thor not fixed it.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven said:

A few funny things to note here.

1. Thor after he one-shot Thing went on a morals off rampage literally trying to kill the Hulk and failed to even KO him, so he had to BFR him.

He did KO the Hulk while sending him flying. Note that Thor wasn't at full powers there either as he was exhausted during that time and couldn't fight at his full potential.

2. The artist that worked on the Hulk/Thing fight said that a throw from Thors hammer would do less damage to Thing than Hulks fists have.

At the time when Thor was literally weaker than he ever been (not counting the time he was powerless)

3. Punching a hole through Immortal Hulks body have proven to be ineffective in terms of KOing him on multiple occasions, whether it's through his body or through his head.

Doesn't make it impossible to KO him, which Thor could definitely do if he goes all out.

I know you commented on the feats posted, but you also gotta remember that Thor during that time KOed the Hulk in a few blows, while weakened. And that was a Hulk that was stronger than Savage.

And he was literally not fighting to his full potential either, meaning he didn't hit as hard as he can do as he wasn't striking with full power even while weakened.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Underfire47

@byondeon: He did KO the Hulk while sending him flying. Note that Thor wasn't at full powers there either as he was exhausted during that time and couldn't fight at his full potential.

Except he didn't, Hulk was still conscious and he fell while conscious on the vampire nation and there was no mention of Thor being exhausted during that fight, he casually blew a hole through an amped Thing, something Thor has failed to do against regular Thing.

At the time when Thor was literally weaker than he ever been (not counting the time he was powerless)

The artist was not talking about any weaker version of Thor, he was talking about regular Thor and Mljonir.

Doesn't make it impossible to KO him, which Thor could definitely do if he goes all out.

No it's not impossible, just very difficult, more difficult for Thor to KO him than vice versa.

I know you commented on the feats posted, but you also gotta remember that Thor during that time KOed the Hulk in a few blows, while weakened. And that was a Hulk that was stronger than Savage.

When did Thor KO Hulk with a few blows while weakened? What are you referring to here?

And he was literally not fighting to his full potential either, meaning he didn't hit as hard as he can do as he wasn't striking with full power even while weakened.

Which fight are you talking about here? When did he not fight to his full potential? Thor fought to his full potential willing to kill Hulk on at least 4 separate occasions and in all those occasions he only KO'd Hulk once and it's in the same fight that Hulk KO'd him in.

Also are you finally gonna name me those magical 7 fights that Thor beat Hulk in or are you still gonna run away from this question?

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By YouSmokeWeed

Can Thor smash much harder than Thing? Is there any doubt? Hulk goes down.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousmokeweed: Does this also include Hulk running full force into a Thors hammer? Then sure i guess, Thor might need to break his arm maybe.

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: Thor is much stronger than Thing, he don't need Hulk to run into his hammer

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousmokeweed said:

@underfire47: Thor is much stronger than Thing, he don't need Hulk to run into his hammer

Yeah, he sure showed how much stronger he is than Thing when he got his skull caved in by IH in one hit and Thing didn't.

No Caption Provided

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Underfire47

@yousmokeweed: It's weird how Thor is so stronger than Thing than if half a century with over dozens of fights between the 2, Thor never managed to KO even weaker versions of Hulk than Immortal Hulk with blunt force, even in several examples when he was bloodlusted and literally stated himself he wants to kill the Hulk.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Thing feat is such a ridiculous outlier, not to mentioned it shattered his arm and put him in the hospital for a week, while IH got up after it. Let's not forget where the fight took place, a F4 comic, that makes a HUGE difference.

@yousmokeweed: It's weird how Thor is so stronger than Thing than if half a century with over dozens of fights between the 2, he never managed to KO even weaker versions of Hulk than Immortal Hulk with blunt force, even in several examples when he was bloodlusted and literally stated himself he wants to kill the Hulk.

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By YouSmokeWeed

Can't believe Comicvine users don't know Thor ain't fighting seriously against earthly heroes, he ain't Hulk who goes all out against Thing. not to mention Thor always wins against Thing except for once cause of a cheapshot.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: You are talking about people care about context, they only know Thing KO'd Hulk, Thing is weaker than Thor, therefore Thor can KO Hulk whenever he wants as long as he doesn't hold back, which he didn't against Hulk on 4 different occasions and out of those 4 he KO'd him in 1 of those fights, which is the same fight where Hulk KO'd him.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah yes the holding back thor that got his skull cracked without doing any damage and beaten by Cho hulk who he said that he explicitly wasn't holding back against. Yes. That thor.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Underfire47

@yousmokeweed: I can't believe Thor who doesn't fight seriously against Earthly heroes has said on 4 different occasions that he isn't holding back against Hulk and that he wants to even kill him

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

1st Worthy Thor vs pre-core breach Savage Hulk

• Thor: I Say thee nay. This is no mere battle, no mere contest! Your mindless rampage must be halted for ALL TIME! Yes i shall use Mljonir, I shall use every weapon, every power at my disposal to best thee!
  • Result: Both Hulk and Thor knock each other out at one point during the fight.

2nd scan Worthy Thor vs Mindless Hulk

• Thor: Have at thee Hulk, TO THE DEATH!
  • Narration: Not holding back, Thor strikes.
  • Result: stalemate, neither beat the other and Strange broke up the fight before it could end.

3rd scan Warrior Madness Thor vs Professor Hulk when he lost his mind

• Thor: KILL YOU!
  • Result: Hulk, BFR'd Thor and the fight was ultimately a stalemate.

4th scan Worthy Thor vs NulHulk

• Thor: And now you DIE!!!
  • Result: Thor BFR's Hulk after admitting he couldn't defeat him and was seconds away from losing the fight to him.

Thor in comics is surprisingly different to the fantasy Thor in a Thor fanboys head. Meanwhile Hulk just never holds back and always goes all out

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

It's not like it has been confirmed multiple times that on top of some Hulk incarnations holding back themselves it was confirmed that Banner always holds Hulk back as mentioned in some of the examples above and further confirmed by the current writer.

No Caption Provided

and how that possibility might look like

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It really boggles my mind that the "respect" people show to Thor as well as some completely made up nonsense of him always holding back on anyone from Earth or that he would be dozen times more powerful if he didn't or that he could just one-shot anyone on Earth if he really wanted to etc... the same extent is never given to Hulk by the same people, despite him being confirmed to hold back on more than half a dozen occasions, despite him actually being many times more powerful if he didn't actually hold back as was seen with when he becomes WBH or when he one-shot Onslaughts armor or when a possibility of him being shown as limitless would look like and despite the fact that he has actually one-shot and almost killed some high-tiers when not holding back including Thor himself.

BlackStarOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe Comicvine users don't know Thor ain't fighting seriously against earthly heroes, he ain't Hulk who goes all out against Thing. not to mention Thor always wins against Thing except for once cause of a cheapshot.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is true, Thor does often hold back. If Thing or for goodness sakes, Doc Samson, who is much weaker than the Thing, can knock out the Hulk, then Thor certainly can.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Underfire47

Since context is thing people are allergic to on comicvine, Doc Samson has about 70% strength of Hulk and was considered among the 10 strongest mortals of Earth

No Caption Provided

So him being MUCH weaker than Thing is not something that's true, even though i would put Thing above him it would not be by MUCH, especially if you look at all the fights Doc Samson had with Hulk where he has done fairly well except for 1 or 2 examples with a very bloodlusted Hulk. With that said the time he knocked out Hulk was when Hulk turned his back on him, put his guard down because he thought Doc Samson was a ghost and wasn't really there and Hulk was at the bottom of his anger so Samson hit him with a surprise punch so hard he broke his own arm

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Again not saying Thor can't KO Hulk even Immortal Hulk who is much stronger than the version Samson fought, but thought i correct a few things and add some desperately missing context. Because Samson isn't a guy whose much weaker than Thing or is going around capable of knocking out any version of Hulk under any condition. In the same story he knocked Hulk out he briefly overpowered Hercules, WonderMan, Namor and Ironman trying to hold him down

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think Thor could one shot Hulk, not easily whatsoever and I don’t think Hulk would be down for long, but it’d be smth akin to what Thing did but with less damage to Thor himself. Thor has the lightning to amp his strike, Uru in place of vibranium and his own strength which is greater than Ben’s in one all out swing to Hulk’s face? I think that would lay him out. But Thor would be unconscious after like he was after their battle in Fear Itself or how Thing was out for a week.

It wouldn’t be as effortless as IH strike to Unworthy Thor.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor can replicate what Thing did but not casually at all. If he was placed in the same situation and had to use all of his might to hit Hulk right in his face while he's bullrushing at him then yes, he can oneshot K.O. him.

BlackStarOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right. So, yeah. Thor can certainly knock out the Hulk.

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's hammer attacks can dismember Thing, Immortal Hulk punches do not do that much damage. This is for people who think Immortal Hulk punches harder than Thor with Mjolnir does.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Gorr level strike physically to the head with the hammer? It should KO him.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Underfire47

@yousmokeweed: You are being very disingenuous and are blatantly cherry picking.

Thor's hammer attacks can dismember Thing

They more than likely cant. The 2 first scan examples you used are of Earth 11035, it's not cannon it's from an alternate universe.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thor:_First_Thunder_Vol_1_5

Immortal Hulk punches do not do that much damage.

I mean they have already broken Thors own skull, broken Challengers nose, broken Red Hulk II face and teeth, bent Surfers board, overloaded vibranium, tore amped Absorbing Man spine, tore artificial Abomination chest open, one-shot 4 elite Berserker units(one of who in the past was able to beat up young Thor and even tanked getting punched through the Earth by him), etc... So Immortal Hulks do indeed do a lot of damage.

This is for people who think Immortal Hulk punches harder than Thor with Mjolnir does.

I don't think IH hits harder than Thor with Mljonir but he honestly isn't far off, on top of that the reason why IH is such a problem to Thor is his physical strength, durability and healing factor that are all above Thors, so it's harder for Thor to put him down then vice versa. Also i think you missed a scan of Hulk punching Thing and having him lose literally half his face

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Battle123axe

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: @takenstew22: I'm not saying that Immortal Hulk hits harder than Mjolnir but in the same fight you're citing to say that Thor may oneshot him, the artist said that he envisioned that Mjolnir in Hulk's place would "crack Thing's skin". Hulk was shattering it almost every blow, and the blow that took hulk out annihilated every bit of skin on Ben's arm. I'm not saying he's consistently that strong or whatever but if you're gonna use that fight as evidence that Thor can do it then that fight doesn't prove it at all, it actually shows by intent that it required force exponentially above mjolnir to take Hulk out for a minute. Do with that as you will, I respect you both enough to let you make your own decisions on the feat.

I'd also cite Jane Thor using her full power failing to do anything more than slow hulk down even with Hercules, who hurt his hand on Hulk's face.
I'd also cite Jane Thor using her full power failing to do anything more than slow hulk down even with Hercules, who hurt his hand on Hulk's face.
YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@underfire47: There's nothing to debate

These pics reveal why 616 Thor ain't typically dismembering Thing with Mjolnir.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By YouSmokeWeed
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@underfire47
: Earth 11035 shows what happens if Thor seriously fights Thing, which won't typically happen in 616