Cain (robocop 2 villain) vs t-800

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cain with full armament, Terminator with modern era firearms. 

Can the T-800 beat Cain?
Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Count Bleck

A T-800, or at least a T-850 is pretty much impervious to mini-guns, the large caliber gatling weapons the T-1's used against the T-800 in Terminator 3 had almost no real effect, I'm not sure I can say the same about Cain, I'm pretty sure that a 12.7mm Minigun would bring him down fairly quickly, but he'd be nigh impervious to a 7.62mm, now an Automatic grenade launcher should probably screw Cain over.

ryanwh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ryanwh

Cain was some weak shit. T-800 is better (or at least equally) protected than Robocop and has about the same amount of deductive skills.

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Count Bleck

Could Cain walk down a flight of stairs?  If so he's a huge improvement over ED-209.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
The Terminator could win... depends on his Firearms
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T-800s certainly are very durable. Especially if you take into account the events of salvation, which i think was a marked upgrade in durability from previous films. 

as for the T-100s shooting at Arny in T3, i don't think they actually managed to lay much heat on him. He got the ambush on the one, and used it's mini to take out the other, which he also got the jump on, though it did manage to turn on him before being disabled. 

I think a mini-gun, with sustained fire of about 4-5 seconds would take out a T-800. 

Robocop was shown to be vulnerable to small sustained small arms fire, but i don't believe Cain was put under that kind of fire, so it is a little speculative what he could take. 

Murphy's partner, i believe it was, did run into him with a swat van, and he pushed it off without sustaining any real damage. 

I think Cain has the upper hand in raw strength. Also, Cain was much more nimble than the ED-209. 

Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Count Bleck
@Fortified_Hooligan said:

" T-800s certainly are very durable. Especially if you take into account the events of salvation, which i think was a marked upgrade in durability from previous films.  as for the T-100s shooting at Arny in T3, i don't think they actually managed to lay much heat on him. He got the ambush on the one, and used it's mini to take out the other, which he also got the jump on, though it did manage to turn on him before being disabled.  I think a mini-gun, with sustained fire of about 4-5 seconds would take out a T-800.  Robocop was shown to be vulnerable to small sustained small arms fire, but i don't believe Cain was put under that kind of fire, so it is a little speculative what he could take.  Murphy's partner, i believe it was, did run into him with a swat van, and he pushed it off without sustaining any real damage.  I think Cain has the upper hand in raw strength. Also, Cain was much more nimble than the ED-209.   "

I counted at least a few dozen or so bullets from the T-1 bouncing off of him. 
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok, i havent seen that in a while. 

Accepted.
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bart Simpson
" T-800s certainly are very durable. Especially if you take into account the events of salvation, which i think was a marked upgrade in durability from previous films.  as for the T-100s shooting at Arny in T3, i don't think they actually managed to lay much heat on him. He got the ambush on the one, and used it's mini to take out the other, which he also got the jump on, though it did manage to turn on him before being disabled.  I think a mini-gun, with sustained fire of about 4-5 seconds would take out a T-800.  Robocop was shown to be vulnerable to small sustained small arms fire, but i don't believe Cain was put under that kind of fire, so it is a little speculative what he could take.  Murphy's partner, i believe it was, did run into him with a swat van, and he pushed it off without sustaining any real damage.  I think Cain has the upper hand in raw strength. Also, Cain was much more nimble than the ED-209.   "
I'm a fan of both Terminator and Robocop.

Count Bleck is right, I just watched the scene and the T-1 was shooting at Arnold for a good 6 seconds before going down. Not all the bullets hit him, but I would assume a decent amount hit him. Although in my opinion all those times when the Terminator allow SWAT teams to empty out all their bullets into it is probably more impressive since the bullet count would easily be in the triple digits, especially in T2.  By the way the T-800 at the end of Salavation was actually a prototype.

Cain's actually pretty impressive. As far as bullets go, the worse he took was the police and SWAT trying to shoot him down after him and Murphy broke out of the OCP building. But I believe most of them were using MP5 type guns and shotguns. 

Murphy was actually using a weaker version of the Cobra Assault Cannon from the first film on Cain at the start of their fight. Both he and Murphy took some other type of beatings in that fight like what appeared like a 70-100 story freefall into concrete and a gas line explosion. 

Cain can definitely handle a stairwell since he climb up an elevator shaft and when Murphy was on his back, he actually did a ground roll and easily stood back up. As far as raw strength goes, I would say Cain has an edge on the T-800 since the vehicle that Lewis rammed him with that Cain flipped over wasn't a SWAT van, it was a military APC and those things are heavy. 

Should be an interesting fight.
Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Count Bleck

Ed-209 is the epitome of robotic antagonist failure, you don't deserve the title of awesome or badass if you are defeated by the simple challenge of going down some stairs, or having such faulty programming that you can't realize your demands have already been met, or worst of all, getting your software security measures defeated by by a 6 year old girl's laptop computer who then reprograms you into saying "I am as loyal as a puppy.".  Besides, it didn't seem like it was capable of arresting anyone or assigning fines, which would lead to any crime, even such simple misdemeanors such as  Jay Walking or letting an American Flag touching the ground, getting an instant Death Penalty, thus also making it the worst actually serious Idea for automated Law Enforcement as well.   Cain may lack ED-209's sheer mass and intimidating frame, but he was an infinitely better robot.  

Although to be fair, I'm pretty sure that the designers of ED-209 wanted to sell it to the military and not the police and once the change of plans occurred, they probably made some hasty and poorly done changes in programming to suit the new job.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was kind of what was awesome about ED-209. It was a commentary on our attitudes. Make it as big and mean as possible, and to hell with functionality. 

They go out of their way in the movie to point out that it has all of these limitations because robocop is a satire of american life. If they just wanted to show you a bad ass robot, and came up with ED-209, they would never have made it look so foolish in the hallway. 

Cain would smoke an ED-209. 

Man, i should watch these two movies again. 

I heard there are a bunch of sequels out now. anyone know if any of them are worth watching?
Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cain could just melt the T-800 with his beam (the one that scared Robo).  It would definataly blind the T-800. 

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MKF30

The Terminator would own the fuck out of Cain....smarter, more durable and could literally go up to Cain and rip his brain out worse then Robocop did.
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MKF30 said:
"The Terminator would own the fuck out of Cain....smarter, more durable and could literally go up to Cain and rip his brain out worse then Robocop did. "

Didn't Robo already own a T-800?
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robocop should not own a T-800. He is far less durable, Definitely less explosive (strength feats). 

In a hand to hand, Robocop should get smoked by a T-800.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wasnt arny also using the T-1 he jumped as cover in that gun fight?
Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Count Bleck
@High Revolutionary said:
" @MKF30 said:
"The Terminator would own the fuck out of Cain....smarter, more durable and could literally go up to Cain and rip his brain out worse then Robocop did. "
Didn't Robo already own a T-800? "
P.I.S
Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Count Bleck
" That was kind of what was awesome about ED-209. It was a commentary on our attitudes. Make it as big and mean as possible, and to hell with functionality.  They go out of their way in the movie to point out that it has all of these limitations because robocop is a satire of american life. If they just wanted to show you a bad ass robot, and came up with ED-209, they would never have made it look so foolish in the hallway.  Cain would smoke an ED-209.  Man, i should watch these two movies again.  I heard there are a bunch of sequels out now. anyone know if any of them are worth watching? "
There was robocop three, but it sucks.  It just sucks. 
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By capall

arny would beat his a$$ down
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i saw that one. You are completely right on that account. 

But i thought they had gone up to Robocop 4 or even 6.... 

IMDB to the rescue.
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ahhhh.. 

robocop : prime directives, a tv show. 

I must have seen multiple discs for it in a video store and thought they were all different movies. 

1,2,3 and tv show.
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped watching it after Peter Weller left.
EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#23  Edited By EganTheVile1

I think a T-800 could outfight/think that junky cyborg (and I mean junky as in drug abusing, I think he and Death Wreck are the only substance abusing cyborgs to my knowledge)
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's idea was it to put a TV monitor in his head?  What a dumb idea.
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it made him more "advanced" because the face was computer animated.
Count Bleck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Count Bleck
" it made him more "advanced" because the face was computer animated. "
It would be more intimidating not to have the computer generated face. 
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And what did we get out of it? 

Some poor cgi of a guys head moving around making obnoxious noises.  It wasn't even coherent half the time.
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cain would kill a T-800 in hand to hand.

With weapons, the T-800 has more options, while i think Cain would stick with his gattling cannon.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By randumo24

the t-1000, aka the Robert Patrick terminator was the best one.
Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Phorqe

Terminator easily.
All he has to do is remove the brain and smash it like robocop did. T-800 is probably more durable and equally as strong.

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By glforthewin

i think t-800 could rip cain in half

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers