User Lists: 0

Black Adam.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@ghostravage: Why is Surfer's board being destroyed impressive? I never got the impression that his board was indestructible in the sense of it being like Adamantium.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Sy8000

@ghostravage: I'll take your word for it, though I'm not sure your interpretation is shared by everyone.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#54  Edited By GhostRavage

@reaverlation: Silver Surfer's board is virtually indestructible by Galactus's own admission in the moment of its creation (I don't have at the issue at hand, but i could post the scans later on), it is also made from the same material Silver Surfer's body is coated with and it was confirmed in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Book of Weapons, Hardware and Paraphernalia in 1984 that it was indestructible and nothing short of insane amounts of cosmic power could affect it.

No Caption Provided

Moreover, Silver Surfer was being wrecked by Uni-Lord between Silver Surfer vol.3 #113 and Silver Surfer vol.3 #117 (i need to confirm the exact issues though, i don't have them at hand at the moment, so patience would be appreciated. I could post the scans as well) to the point he was dismantling, beating the crap out of, deatomizing and basically completely annihilating Surfer's body with his beams yet he couldn't do squat to Surfer's board and Uni-Lord's power was so great Silver Surfer actually absorbed part of his power and managed to obliterate an entire solar system with it. Hence why the board is such an insanely durable weapon, yet Cable, with his Omega Level telekinesis managed to literally smash the crap put of it.

That's why Cable completely destroying it into pieces is impressive and that's why Black Adam has absolutely no chance in hell in beating someone who could literally beat the crap out of him in several ways with the most unique usage of his powers.

@highaccuser said:

@ghostravage: I'll take your word for it, though I'm not sure your interpretation is shared by everyone.

Probably not, but 3/4 of the things i've stated are not interpretation. Cable getting weaker over time was stated previously to his fight with Silver Surfer. Cable inside Silver Surfer's mind was blatantly shown when he was speaking in thoughts. Cable holding the city afloat across the world was also blatantly visible as Silver Surfer bullrushed him from Providence, New Jersey to Sydney, Australia and he was still holding the city with telekinesis. Moreover, he was connected with everyone mentally as his telepathic wavelenghts were already covering the whole planet while he was fighting Norrin. The fact he destroyed by smashing something that by feats is much more durable than Silver Surfer, means that he was completely capable of beating him if he was actually looking forward to do it and was indeed focusing entirely on Surfer, instead of multitasking on a high degree.

Also, it was blatantly visible through dialogues that Cable was talking him down and rebuilding everything Surfer was destroying when attempting to blitz him, it was also stated on-panel.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Eh, should lifting up a city and rebuilding some buildings really be things that tax a high tier character?

Then again Kyle Rayner once had absolute hell containing a nuke so I suppose it's excusable in the scheme of things.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By GhostRavage

@highaccuser:

Eh, should lifting up a city and rebuilding some buildings really be things that tax a high tier character?

Is not just lifting it, he was doing it across the world and it wasn't just rebuilding things, he was doing it on an atomic level and that's high tier on my book as almost no beings in said tier have durability on such degree. Plus, resisting Silver Surfer doing it while holding you without any harm whatsoever is also a high tier feat and i think his body being consumed and weakening over time regardless of Surfer battling him is being consistently overlooked.

Then again Kyle Rayner once had absolute hell containing a nuke so I suppose it's excusable in the scheme of things.

Maybe it wasn't just the explosion, but also multitasking by casing up the radiation, heat and other things. Either way, i do not see it as the same case for Cable.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Sy8000

@ghostravage:

Maybe it wasn't just the explosion, but also multitasking by casing up the radiation, heat and other things. Either way, i do not see it as the same case for Cable.

I mean he's contained a supernova which has all of those things anyways which was only marginally harder. My point is that high tiers can operate pretty crappily sometimes so far as quantifiable displays of power go.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Insertnewname

BA with ease. Cable got stomped by ss as seen above and BA would easily put up a better fight with ss than that, considering Thor etc already beat ss (and ba>>thor)

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I agree, but for someone who isn't exactly the epitome of mental stability (he's been so mentally broken he created a being that was about to destroy the planet subconsciously during Circle of Fire #2) and his powers are based on a weapon that uses something that is bound to mental stability to begin with, i don't think he's expected to operate on Supernova caliber all the time but the contrary, people should assume he's not going to pull instances like that all the time, just like Hulk and his rage for example.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: I asked because I swear there have been occasions where his board was destroyed and Surfer resorted to using his energy blasts as a way of flying around

ChomP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is actually a tough one. i think the no morals aspect plays a huge part TBH. no morals is almost standard for BA bu cable no morals is scary.

i tend to think cable will have this. close but cable none the less

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GhostRavage

@reaverlation: His board has been cut in half by Terrax, then again, Terrax's axe is powered by the power of Cosmic and has been able to completely cleave planets in half with minor effort. Also it was destroyed by Firelord, but he's also a herald of Galactus with very high end feats. Besides those 2, his board has been pretty consistently able to withstand any and all damage.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insertnewname:

Cable didn't get stomped outright by SS.

Adam can't do shit do SS.

Adam isn't >> Thor.

Full potential Cable is pretty powerful. He can definitely TP Adam if not he is powerful enough to fight him. 7/10 Cable would win.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: Adam would probably defeat a jobbing silver surfer. And silver surfer is always jobbing

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insertnewname: Adam cannot beat current Surfer. He is ruthless and aggressive. After his first couple punches Surfer will get serious and mop the floor with him.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Insertnewname

@rabumalal: OK you are right I thought cable fought a different version than current

I still think cable would get a worse beating from ss than adam idk but one feat from cable doesn't tip the scale for me

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insertnewname: actually that was in 2004 I think and Surfer received an upgrade in Annihilation which was 2006? So it isn't current Surfer probably, my bad. I meant ruthless for Adam which would get Surfer serious.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is people so over reliant in mentioning that instance? Cable wasn't even at full power nor wasn't looking forward to straight up beat Surfer either and Black Adam is a chump underneath Superman by feats. Cable has 5 different ways to beat the crap out of him for shit's sake. If Cable wants Black Adam won't even touch him.

magik_man76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Adam in a curbstomp. I love mutants, especially Omega level mutants. But we are talking DC magical upper echelon characters with the power of 6 Gods running wild through them. Powered genetic type powers get shattered by ancient mystical magic. Hell ask Superman what he thinks of Adam? Or MM? Adam could hit Cable with all the magical lightning he has and Cable would be down for enough time for Adam to rip him in half honestly. All TP mind tricks don't work against BA and Shazam as their mind resistance is God level

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Savior Cable can pull this one off mainly for reasons GhostRavage already went through.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cable

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers