2. Cable vs Team 2
  3. X-Man vs Team 1
  4. X-Man vs Team 2
  5. Both of them vs both teams

Rules:

• Purely telepathic combat.
  • Savior Cable and Shaman X-Man.
  • Thanos is pre-Dying.
  • Pre-New 52 Psycho Pirate and Martian Manhunter.
  • Jean Grey does not have the Phoenix Force.
  • In character.
  • Win by any means.
mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

I feel baited. But it's a good topic, so I'll allow it.

No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

I'll have to reread Moon dragon's feats but I can't see Cable beating J'onn alone so team one should take round 1.

Not very knowledgeable of Psycho Pirate so I can't be sure of how he factors in. But I'm certain none of the marvel characters can take out Cable in pure telepathy. Leaning towards Cable.

I'll have to come back for an in depth answer.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Psycho Pirate amped by the Anti-Monitor controlled the emotions of the inhabitants of 3 Earths. This was before getting further amped by Neron.

This was Pre-Crisis (during the crisis to be accurate) by Psycho-Pirate should be unaffected by the crisis being the only one to remember it. Although I'm not sure if this amp was permanent and I doubt it's ever been addressed.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

I don't think either of them can beat team 1 on their own, but together they should come out on top.

Don't know much about Overmind but nobody else is as powerful as them at their best on team 2.

ginman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just dont know enough about survivor cable to answer on that front. Shaman nate might be able to solo both teams at the same time. lol

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sy8000

@juiceboks: They don't fight team 1 as a duo, as a duo they only fight both teams at once.

I apologize if the setup is confusing.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 juiceboks  Moderator

@highaccuser: Nah I didn't read it very carefully.

In that case I don't think they can win that round.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think they win any rounds. I'm open to arguments.

WarDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I understand, Nate can drain psychic energy. Who's to say that he can't just do that to both teams?

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough call. This is going to be interesting.

X-Man had enough raw psionic energy to just about over whelm Xavier:

However, Charles admits thereafter that he let Nathan win:

No Caption Provided

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@highaccuser I'm aware of that feat having read crisis on infinite earths, but I doesn't seem to be present in his latter appearances as Black Adam resisted him. Teth isn't know for his mental defenses.

The isn't really a response to you just a general post on how I think this plays out.

Round 3

I don't think Jean, Heather, or Top can beat Nate. Nate's presence on earth has been able to severely strain or take out weaker telepaths. This was all done when Nate wasn't in full control of his power and he's done this twice. Now imagine of he wanted to hurt them intentionally, so Top definitely shouldn't be here.

As for Jean he's shown his superiority reaching into her mind without her permission with ease as the subtitles put it. On top of that Onslaught was creating interference trying to keep his existence a secret.

Having reread Heather's best feats I don't think she's a match for Nate in sheer power. Controlling a planet into being peace full is good but that's at most planetary (but only stated to be many millions & strained her). Stalemated Dr Strange although she was mind control & alluded to not being a full power because of it. Helping Thanos contact Galactus it would be a decent feat if the range was specified. Those are the best feats for Heather I can remember without amps.

No Caption Provided

It basically Nate vs J'onn & I don't think J'onn can beat Nate in telepathy although others might disagree.

Round 4

Xavier doesn't register to Nate as a threat in telepathy.

Psycho Pirate without an amp isn't nearly as powerful a controlling planets, although I'm not quite sure where he lies on his scale of telepathy.

Overmind is a planetary telepath connecting to every mind on earth but that's his best feat & he was taxed by less. So he isn't that strong on average, not only that he's never actually had a telepathic battle on this level. With that he's been drained of his powers before, which Nate can replicate.

Last but not least Thanos he has mental defenses so at best he can stalemate Nate but not forever & he has not showing to grant himself the win.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

I don't think they win any rounds. I'm open to arguments.

Who exactly on team one could pose a significant threat to Nate individually, that he wouldn't be able to take the team collectively?

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump. I remember pre shaman Nate fighting a Thanos Clone, but I can't remember if there was telepathy involved.

Shaman Nate might be different. since he gets compared to people like sentry and phoenix. but with the team, I doubt he can win.

I don't think any of them can win, but shaman comes close with round 1.

I know he's beaten grouods of telepaths, but they were fodder compared to Jean, Mmh and Moonie. this planetary telepaths combined might be enough to take him down, they definitely take down Cable. Mmh could solo

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Nate wreck.

No Caption Provided

Cable would struggle but could potentially win round one. Definitely loses round two but would take a few with him.

Nate walks through team one, and unfortunately team two fair no better.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1: Moondragon, Jean Grey, The Top and Martian Manhunter

Team 2: Overmind, Psycho Pirate, Professor X and Thanos

Rounds:

Cable vs Team 1:

Yeah, Cable is getting stomped here. Martian Manhunter could Solo.

All Cable has is Hype, Manhunter can replicate all his feats and more.

Then you have Jean grey and Moondragon on the team backing Up Manhunter.

There's no way Cable can win this.

Cable vs Team 2:

This is even worse because Thanos stomps him. Then you gave Thanos Xavier as a team mate. Xavier has mind**** Phoenix hosts, Thanos has shut down and mind controlled cosmic beings.

Adding Over mind is over kill.

Honestly, Cable is a bit overrated.

X-Man vs Team 1:

As with Cable, Nate grey also gets stomped.

Jean grey on her own has been shown to knock down Phoenix hosts, one shot planetary level Telepaths and bring Nate grey (amped by the life seed) to his knees in pain. The scans showed in this thread are from a weaker incarnation of Jean Grey who was holding back her powers.

Add Martian Manhunter and Moondragon who has mentally fought beings like Thanos just seals the win for the team.

X-Man vs Team 2:

Nate grey posed no threat to Xavier in the scans posted above. Xavier tanked all his a tanks and didn't attack back, while Nate was bleeding out of his nose and almost dying from trying to kill Xavier. Then Xavier made a fool of him, making him think he had won.

Xavier fights and beats Shadow king (the guy who turned a Phoenix host into his pet with mind control), adding Thanos (mimd****** of cosmic beings) and others to to a team with him and putting them up against Nate is one way to get Nate stomped.

Team 1 vs Team 2:

This is interesting, I think Manhunter could hold his own against Thanos but eventually lose. I'd Back Xavier against Jean in a battle. No idea how it would go.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f
deactivated-5ed8b26019d3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can’t see Nate or Nathan winning any round

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I can’t see Nate or Nathan winning any round

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They definitely shouldn't win the round with them together. IIRC when they are around each other they initially create psionic feedback from being so similar that it effects them negatively.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cosmic_reign

Purely telepathic battle, My vote goes to Cable and X-Man all rds...

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By yuuki157

Team 1: They could pull a win with high diff

Team 2: They lose

Eurydice225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has two answers I will give for all five rounds.

The first answer is taking into account the time period this thread might have been made, which is around 2016-2017.

Taking the feats of the characters up to that era:

Round One: Cable vs Team 1

Let’s note that Savior Cable as he was portrayed was able to ionized the planet in telepathic energy so much so that Emma Frost on Cerebra struggled to shield a conversation between the X-Men. This is on a casual level because he was only listening in on everyone’s thoughts, not trying to lool for the X-Men, let alone break the psi-shielding. She is notoriously one of the most powerful telepaths on the planet, on Jean’s and Xavier‘s tier of power and skill, yet her being amped by Cerebra was barely enough to block Cable’s casual range.

At this point, Jean would still be dead with less powerful feats than current (with the latest of feats she would have access to would be New X-Men vol 1 and before that, plus whatever okay-ish feats Teen Jean had), Moondragon would not have met her alt self, the Top is unimpressive, and Martian Manhunter is about the same as he usually is.

Savior Cable would win under these conditions. Not enough raw power from the team to make the difference in skill.

Round Two: Cable vs Team 2

At this point, Xavier is dead but incredibly relevant (though he has more feats than Jean, living up to about AvX), Overmind is the most relevant next to Xavier (and pretty amazing honestly), Psycho Pirate is as useless as the top (despite being more powerful as an empath), and Thanos is overrated as far psionics and psi-defense goes.

Savior Cable actually goes 50-50 here based on Overmind and Xavier’s combo, plus Thanos willpower. Psycho Pirate won’t last unless he follows Xavier’s or Overmind’s lead. If either Xavier or Overmind go down, they lost. But if they hold out, then I can see a scenario where they win.

Round Three: X-Man vs Team 1

Shaman X-Man is pretty overrated as a psi, but that doesn’t mean he ain’t powerful. Back then, people thought he was multiversal, but he wasn’t. He still scales up to Pre-Shaman’s powers and skills without the burn out caveat.

Under these conditions, the team actually has a chance at winning if they follow Jean’s or Martian Manhunter’s leads in psychic battle. Moondragon is fierce, but way too overconfident to be reliable. And Top is still irrelevant unless he sticks by the team’s plan. Jean’s defense measures with the combined raw might of Moondragon, Jean, and J’onn might give them the win if they can plan a way to infiltrate Nate’s mind. Otherwise, Nate strong arms them into a victory.

Round Four: X-Man vs Team 2

Shaman Nate loses. Xavier alone could solo. While the Overmind could probably match in raw power, it is debatable whether either have the skill to overcome the other. Psycho Pirate needs the team. Thanos is not contributing much either beyond sheer will, which is still important in battles like these.

Overall, the team takes this with low difficulty if they follow Xavier’s lead.

Round Five: Both of them vs both teams

The fodder telepaths (Psycho and Top) are taken out. After that, it’s a massive psychic battle. A lot of casualties on both sides.

I see the Nate’s winning more times than not (especially if Shaman Nate follows Cable’s lead), but there might be a scenario or two where the big team wins.

The second answer is taking into the current era into account.

Round One: Cable vs Team One

Unlike the first answer, Jean and Moondragon have since that time gotten major buffs. Jean has been exploring her Omega potential more, which has gotten her infiltrate the mind of Knull when other telepaths couldn’t handle the darkness and swat Nightmare like it’s nothing as he terrorizes New York. Moondragon merged with an alt version of herself, allowing her to infiltrate the minds of skyfather level beings with strain and adds more power to her telepathy as it is, despite her already having the power to affect an entire planet with difficulty.

With this in mind, with the power of Jean, Moondragon, and Martian Manhunter, they last a hell of a lot longer than they did before. I think it’s still a win in Savior Cable, but it is a lot closer than before. If they had prep, they might’ve pulled a win.

Round Two: Cable vs Team Two

Not much change. Xavier gets some more solid feats to keep him consistent with his previous power levels before he died in AvX. So the bout remains the same here.

Round Three: X-Man vs Team One

Again, Jean’s and Moondragon’s buff is so much more major that it’s a much more clear win for Team One. Shaman Nate‘s skill is above the basics, but still not on Jean’s or Moondragon’s level of skill. I’d argue Jean solos and Moondragon 50-50’s depending on whether you scale Hermes to Shaman Nate or if you still rank Shaman Nate as higher.

Team wins with low difficulty.

Round Four: X-Man vs Team Two

Second verse. Same as the first.

Round Five: Both of them vs Both Teams

I actually see potential four the team to actually win.

Current Jean Grey, Xavier, Overmind, Merged-Moondragon, Thanos, and Martian Manhunter all there?

Xavier defeated Dark Phoenix with just early Marvel Girl levels Jean Grey helping. Current Jean Grey fought Lifeseed Nate Grey (a much more powerful version than Shaman) with six telepaths less powerful than the ones I mentioned (barring Thanos who is just their for extra willpower support). Merged-Moondragon has the combination of two Moondragon’s. And Overmind has attacked the Stranger, a cosmic entity about as powerful as Galactus, successfully with his telepathic powers.

These odds should garner them more of a chance of winning if they take Nate Grey out before Savior Cable. If not, then they lose.