Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

#1  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

The Marvel VS. DC Tourney!!!

No Caption Provided

It's happening!!!!!!! And the Battle continues....................

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Scenario!!!!!

Quite simply once again The Grandmaster and Krona are creating havoc on a grand abstract scale

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

and our heroes and villains from each prospective Universe have been throw into contests to prove their universe is worthy sparing of annihilation. Each team believes that if they win, they will obtain the power item for their universe. The prospective universe teams that obtains the most power items presents them at the end of the tournament and saves the day (or in the villains case, win control!!!)

each team sees their power item suspended in the sky of every match, similar to this:

No Caption Provided

The Rules of engagement!!!!!

• NO BFR FOR WIN, however may be used in a battle as an element as applicable. Just not for a win
  • Standard gear as applicable, and this is MORALS OFF characters
  • No Timetravel or Time manipulation
  • No insta-kill one shots (this would include complete mind rape. none of that for the win for you TP users)
  • speaking of TP / Psychic abilities here..........no completely controlling / KO an opponent. Influencing, illusions, weakening, confusing, yada yada yada.....fine
  • molecular rearrangement / matter manipulation. May be used to alter organics but NOT against your opponents body, anything else if fair game.......(environment, etc.....)
  • Summoning minions. Limited. Inquire for adjudication.
  • NO PREP!!!! Muahahahaha!!!!
  • Starting distance = 10 miles apart.
  • Win is KO / incapacitation / death of opponent

The Battlefield Location!!!!!

No Caption Provided

a dying planet chosen as neutral ground for the tourney. It is similar to earth in all ways. just on it's last legs. It is uninhabited. However there are empty cities and structures all throughout the planet along with the typical oceans, deserts, mountain ranges, forests, etc....

The Contestants in this Battle!!!

Thetrubarryallen (DC Team)

Cyborg Superman ( pre 52) and Sinestro

VS.

Iragexcudder (Marvel Team)

Thor! and Sentry

No Caption Provided

The Perks store!!!!

For this round the perks are really substantial for this match. Each team may only select one perk. Read and choose carefully:

• "Parallax" version for Sinestro
  • Fear Itself Odinsword and armor for Thor
  • Warrior Madness for Thor
  • Qwardian rings for Cyborg
  • Void for Sentry

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cosmicallyaware1: Alright - time to choose my perk.

Perk - Parallax Sinestro: ACTIVATE

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

I figured that was the route you would go. Please make sure that you limit feats to.what sinestro has actually done with the entity thus far (and shy away from hal's parallax feats please).

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: Will do - are there any story lines specifically where I can find more Sinestro/Parallax that you know of? I don't know if you're allowed to tell me or not but I'm honestly not as familiar with Sinestro/Parallax as I am with Hal/Parallax.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thetruebarryallen said:

I figured that was the route you would go. Please make sure that you limit feats to.what sinestro has actually done with the entity thus far (and shy away from hal's parallax feats please).

Snap. Lol

Im goin VOID

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheTrueBarryAllen

@iragexcudder: Sounds good - would you like to go first or would you like me to go first?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Iragexcudder

@thetruebarryallen: Youll probably be pissed with my posting due to work and summer classes but ill try and post as much as possible, ive always wanted to friendly debate you sir.

By all means go first

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: No problem, man. I get that real life comes first & I'm fine with waiting as long as I need to - post when you can and I'll do the same.

I'll go first then - I'll just do a general introduction of my team with some basic feats & then let you do your intro so I can get a feel for your characters and then we can delve right into a rockin' battle!

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: I mean - I don't think that's against the rules at all because you didn't tell me how to apply the feats nor did you debate anything for me, you just told me where I could find the character I'm debating for :)

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: alright cool man, thanks haha. Plus I just made a tournament 10 minutes ago, somethin to keep me always on the vine:D

@sophia89: the damage is done.. it's okay tho, more info the better

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Iragexcudder

@thetruebarryallen: ill try and smack a post in tonight bud, my notifications haven't been working and I just made my own tournament:P

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: Thanks dude - I've picked up some extra hours at work which is why I haven't been able to create a post. I'm also going to be visiting my girlfriend from Friday-Sunday so I probably won't be able to respond or anything - but don't worry, I'm not abandoning this :)

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: it's all good bud, we have like a week and a half to finish so I'm not worried dude. Do what you need to do

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Iragexcudder

@thetruebarryallen:

Alrighty

Introduction

Thor

God Of Hair Products and Thunder

No Caption Provided

Some know him as Chris Hemsworth, others know him by Thor. No need for introduction for the man with goldie locks as he is one of the most recognizable characters in comic books. Thor is one of the most powerful warriors of Asgard and has fought for thousands of years and has become one of the Earths mightiest defenders. He carries the meow meow (aka Mjolnir) and is a mystical and cosmically empowered hammer that only succumbs to those of whom are worthy.

My initial instinct would be that you'd send Cyborg Supes come rolling in on my boy Thor here, it seems like it would be a good matchup, but let's try out a "what if". Cyborg Supes would most likely Laser Vison + Speed Blitz I'm sure, either way you'll most likely hit Thor first. Either way,

Thor will be spinning the Mjolnir at a extreme rate and walking towards Superman. Given anything you fire at him, like the lazer vision, will either be deflected or absorbed

No Caption Provided

and/or

No Caption Provided

Given the multi-tasking of the Mjolnir does in-fact wield, he still has to worry about a Cyborg Superman flying right towards him.. but he's definitely going to get hit. Thor's striking power is extremely powerful, without a doubt will take Cyborg Supermans head clear off. Why?

No Caption Provided

Thor hit Gorr so hard that it shattered planets around him, and that'd a deeply concentrated but weaken Thor. Even the moon besides him was cracked from his striking force.

If that doesn't scratch the surface, Thor has hurt Galactus in the past.

No Caption Provided

This is basically what Cyborg Supes would look like after

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

(but not alive:)

Sentry (Void)

No Caption Provided

The darker form of Sentry, the evil form, The Angel of Death.

Void going against a Parallax Sinestro will have it's difficulties, but they will only be seconds before Parrallax shares defeat with Supes

Void taking on a team of Avengers amped by Loki's Norn Stones that gave everyone somewhat of a second chance and a larger power output to go against Void

That didn't work out so well for the one involved.. Loki. Void Literally tears him and exploses him from inside out. Void cannot be harmed by physical harm, only when it's in the Sentrys body. Given this is the pure form of Void, he'll surely turn Parallax (of whom can be harmed by physical/mystical force) into what Loki did

No Caption Provided

But, then again.. this is just a what if.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fear Incarnate // Post 01

Alright - it's about time I finally got my portion of this up & organized so we can begin our battle. From the looks of it I might have my work cut out for me, but I've got faith that my team can pull through.

I'll be using Pre 52 versions for each character; however, it should be noted that Sinestro's character wasn't changed in the reboot so feats from both P52 + N52 comics should be applicable for Sinestro.

With that being said - I'd like to introduce you to the team: Fear Incarnate!

Introductions

Cyborg SupermanThaal Sinestro w/Parallax
Name: Hank Henshaw Name: Thaal Sinestro
Affiliation: Ex Sinestro Corps Member/Herald of the Anti MonitorAffiliation: Leader of the Sinestro Corps + Ex Green Lantern
Race: Cyborg Race: Alien
Publisher: DC Comics Publisher: DC Comics
Powers: Kryptonian Abilities | Technopathy | Electronic ConsciousnessPowers: Construct Creation | Teleportation | Fear Entity

The Battle

So - it seems like you've created some potential match ups in your first post, these being:

• Cyborg Superman vs Thor
  • Parallax Sinestro vs Void Sentry

Now personally I think the weakest combatant in this entire fight is Thor, and maybe you'll prove me wrong on that front but from what I've seen with debates involving the character he is depicted as being a slow powerhouse. You've mentioned his striking power but traditionally Thor's speed is lacking in combat, but his damage soak is usually high enough to compensate for this fact.

Cyborg Superman vs Thor

A sort of twist on the classical match of Superman vs Thor; however, Cyborg Superman has much more to offer than his human counterpart.

Hank Henshaw has one of the most tragic villain stories in comics, and while this isn't the place to discuss his full blown history and list of appearances it should be known that Henshaw has two major goals for himself.

1. Prove to the world that he is better than Clark Kent // Superman
  2. Die

That second goal sounds sort of odd - but in reality, Henshaw truly wishes that he could die. During the Sinestro Corps War the crazed villain even became a herald of the Anti Monitor because the AM promised him death in return for his service. The result of this bargain was Henshaw teaming up with the Green Lantern Corps in the end as they hit him & the AM with a grenade the size of a Moon that essentially had the power output to bust an entire galaxy.

As we see from the scans above - Cyborg Superman is thanking the members of the GLC for providing this service for him. This attack was able to breach the AM's armor + harm him.

Yet - his consciousness remained & pieces of him were scattered about, and in the end CS was still alive. His durability is insane and while Thor has some credible striking power with that hammer of his, Cyborg Superman has the durability to withstand it.

Another thing to mention is Thor's speed - as it's generally lacking. I do recall a thread going about discussing Thor's Combat Speed and it being comparable to Wolverine & Spider-Man, two characters who reside on the Street Level Tier. Now this is not an attempt to lowball Thor but there have been plenty of instances in which he has struggled to tag or combat characters that were Street Level such as Wolverine, Spider-Man, and I do believe a speedster named Mongoose.

Cyborg Superman on the other hand tangles with the likes of the GLC, Superman, Eradicator, Doomsday, and even Hal Jordan/Parallax.

An instance that I'd like to focus on is Cyborg Superman going against Doomsday during the Reign of Doomsday:

I do apologize for the vast amount of scans involved in this battle - I'd really only need you to focus on the last three to get my point across here but I figured I'd include the entire fight for the purpose of showcasing CS's durability as he's going toe to toe with ROD Doomsday.

In the last scan we see him blitz THROUGH Doomsday, literally TEARING him apart. Sure - DD is regenerating after the attack but that's something Thor wouldn't be able to do once CS blasted through him - and given CS's significant speed advantage I see him having no problems handling Thor.

One last thing I haven't mentioned yet - Sinestro will be deputizing Cyborg Superman [ like he did to Scarecrow during Blackest Night ] thus granting Cyborg Superman a Yellow Power Ring.

Now for anyone who hasn't read the Sinestro Corps War story they might think that CS isn't going to be proficient with that ring - but that would be a false assumption.

Cyborg Superman was able to thrash Superman with his Yellow Power Rings - and while he won't have the same amount of rings in this battle he'll still be able to generate constructs to best Thor while he swings his hammer and walks towards Cyborg Superman.

In the scans above we see Cyborg Superman mopping the floor with Superman - it's not even a contest. Given that he's been granted a Yellow Power Ring for this battle he'd be able to mop the floor with Thor as well. Throw him off with some constructs from behind then go in for the blitz like he did with ROD Doomsday.

Since Cyborg Superman has no connections with Thor he wouldn't think twice about disposing of him. Cyborg Superman tends to have no disregard for the lives of others - especially those who swing their mystical hammer in a menacing way + walk towards him with the intent of harming him.

With Thor out of the picture this battle becomes Cyborg Superman + Sinestro w/Parallax vs Void Sentry

Cyborg Superman + Sinestro w/Parallax vs Void Sentry

I honestly don't know the full capabilities of Void Sentry so this shall be a learning experience for me - but I'll do my best to provide insight on how I currently see this fight going.

In those scans that you showed of Void Sentry going against the Avengers most of that roster wouldn't be capable of handling such a High Tier character - I honestly don't see what Captain America, Spider-Woman, Spider-Man, or Iron Man would do to any of the characters involved in this battle, on your team or mine.

Even with the Norm Stones they don't seem like the type that would ever be able to stand up to high tier characters - so I'm still a little unsure on how to scale Void's powers & abilities.

If Void truly can't be harmed by physical damage then I don't know why he would've been an option as a 'Perk' for you to have for this battle given the fact that BFR isn't a win condition + none of my guys can do anything besides physical damage. Maybe @cosmicallyaware1 could provide some insight on this - it seems a tad unfair for you to get a character that is immune to anything & everything my team can put out.

I won't really comment much on this battle because I still don't understand what Void is - is he physical or is he just made of energy, or what?

As of right now - I think Cyborg Superman & Parallax Sinestro could defeat Void Sentry - especially given that nothing has ever killed Cyborg Superman & that Sinestro [ unlike Hal or the other Parallax Hosts ] is actually commanding Parallax not being controlled by him thus meaning that Sinestro has a much finer control over the power that Parallax grants.

As we see from the scans above - Sinestro is controlling Parallax - it isn't the other way around. Given Sinestro's power output & durability W/O Parallax this is a pretty fantastic boost.

Before Parallax he was able to survive planet busting attacks and go toe to toe with lanterns such as Hal Jordan & Kyle Rayner - so with Parallax he'll be even tougher, especially given the fact that he has Cyborg Superman w/Yellow Power Ring backing him up.

So @iragexcudder - I look forward to seeing more of void & having CA1 clear up if he's actually immune to ALL physical harm, because if that's the case then I don't know what my team will be able to do to him.

Sorry this post is a tad late, but hopefully it's good enough for an opener :)

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@thetruebarryallen:

So @iragexcudder - I look forward to seeing more of void & having CA1 clear up if he's actually immune to ALL physical harm, because if that's the case then I don't know what my team will be able to do to him.

just like any other character............there is always a way to be beaten my man. Be creative, do your research. I have faith. Trust me, if a character could not be beat, I would not put them in!!!! always consider this as well:

If the character was unbeatable, they why is he still not around?

No Caption Provided

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder@thetruebarryallen: alright guys, I'm closing threads and opening to voting. unless you guys ask for continuance and finish this up. my two vine bros.......my first tourney. and they give a ........................meh.................thread. weak sauce bros...............

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: I've been so busy lately that I couldn't even post in my tournament man:/ I've been completely mobile the past week basically.

I have half written up on my rebuttal to Barry's but the odds of both of us throwing a post down today (assuming Barry is also busy) is very miniscule. I'll follow what Barry decides

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: I've been so busy lately that I couldn't even post in my tournament man:/ I've been completely mobile the past week basically.

I have half written up on my rebuttal to Barry's but the odds of both of us throwing a post down today (assuming Barry is also busy) is very miniscule. I'll follow what Barry decides

word. I totally understand the being busy..............i have like 5 matches that I have not been able to get to, plus hostin this tourney and workin on two new others. maybe I should slow down with commitments ...........nah lol

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder said:

word. I totally understand the being busy..............i have like 5 matches that I have not been able to get to, plus hostin this tourney and workin on two new others. maybe I should slow down with commitments ...........nah lol

hahah i want to make time dude, i just didn't expect myself to be so busy this summer but it did a 180 for sure. I do want to thank you for this awesome tourney tho man haha

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we want to throw up some concluding posts we can - I'd have to get mine done tomorrow, but I'd be able to do it.

If not - then we can leave it as is.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

If we want to throw up some concluding posts we can - I'd have to get mine done tomorrow, but I'd be able to do it.

If not - then we can leave it as is.

I'll allow concluding posts, that would be cool....

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: I guess we'll just leave it, time wasn't on our side:/ it was still fun tho. Maybe one day we could do a CAV or something one day dude

@cosmicallyaware1: yeah I'll send some tags in

@lukehero @super_buck @wyldsong time. @joygirl @wolverine08 @frozen @diredrill @oceanmaster21 @jashro44 @mikep12 @wyldsong @those_eyes @skit @thetruebarryallen @i_like_swords @rd189 @reaverlation @super_buck @cdiddyman911 @shawnbaby @dondave @hyperbertha @granitesoldier @nickzambuto @cjdavis103 @allstarsuperman @eisenfauste @comic_stooge @lol @buckshot @higorm @highaccuser @jedixman @pope052 @homicidalmaniac @iragexcudder @comic_book_fan @bumpyboo @darkseid1006 @darkraiden @sherlock @jacthripper @deathhero61 @neongamewave @_atomikill_ @omgomgwtfwtf @mr_ingenuity @jackdripperz

Need some votes here guys, it would be greatly appreciated so Cosmic can continue his tourney

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Giving it to @iragexcudder here. There obviously wasn't a whole lot to judge but his description of how Void basically can't be hurt won it for me.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I will read and vote shortly.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giving it to @iragexcudder here. There obviously wasn't a whole lot to judge but his description of how Void basically can't be hurt won it for me.

this

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong: thank you sir

@cdiddyman911: thanks diddy, I wish I had more time to do it:/

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lol

in other side this round was very short and a little disappointing

@cosmicallyaware1: please you can tag me in all other rounds of this if is not canceled the tournament

Also i like much tournaments with Marvel and DC teams but i expect more things for this tournament become more interesting, but is your tournament not mine :)

I like specially tournaments with powerful characters

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder Gets my vote, there would have been more of a decision to make on my part but since the debate got no further, the void powerhouse won it for me. Though TTBA put up a great opener for his team (a little lacking on sinestro parallax though).

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: Wait - why the heck did we open to votes. I was literally waiting for you to respond so I could do my post as well. I had asked you to clear up if void could indeed be hurt and you never posted anything else afterwards - I can't conclude or counter anything that you don't provide.

This is a tad upsetting in all honesty.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I'm sure this would have been more interesting given more time Irage takes this due to his emphasis on the sheer durability of DS Sentry

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: he opened voting like 4 days ago.. but if you want the victory take it. I'm not going to make a big deal out of this

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: he opened voting like 4 days ago.. but if you want the victory take it. I'm not going to make a big deal out of this

He opened voting - then we were going to make concluding posts so he held off voting.

I couldn't concluding anything else than I had already posted because I had asked you to prove something about Void Sentry and then you had never responded.

It's not that I'm disappointed about how voting is going - I guess I'm just upset that people are voting for you due to DS Sentry because you claimed he couldn't be hurt - I questioned that in my opener and only Cosmic Responded - so I couldn't really debate anything against it because I had been waiting on a post from you.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Iragexcudder

@thetruebarryallen: well I stated 4 days ago that it was very slim that I'd be able to get a post in. If you'd like to do a Void/parallax cav so we could continue I'm game.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: well I stated 4 days ago that it was very slim that I'd be able to get a post in. If you'd like to do a Void/parallax cav so we could continue I'm game.

I'm set - I've got enough on my plate as is.

From the looks of it you'll be the winner here - hopefully your opponent gets a response in the next round.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: as do I but I don't like ending on a rude note. If you wanna do a CAV with me of which is a "post when you can" we could, I feel entirely bad for this and especially when you wanted to continue this.

The offer is on the table, I don't want any bad blood.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: as do I but I don't like ending on a rude note. If you wanna do a CAV with me of which is a "post when you can" we could, I feel entirely bad for this and especially when you wanted to continue this.

The offer is on the table, I don't want any bad blood.

I appreciate the offer but I'm good for right now - maybe sometime in the future, but I don't know when. I'm honestly not a huge fan of High Tier characters.

I've been trying to widen my scope of characters which is why I entered - that really being the only reason.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: alright man, I am sorry for the unfortunate time scaling though, I really did want to get to a computer and do this but I had so much other stuff going on:/ I let some people down man

Yeah I haven't debated with high tier characters since my first debate on the site and that was just a sh*tshow lol but hopefully in the future we could do this again and have complete responses, that's a promise

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: No problem - also it's not worth it to my case now, but I'm fairly sure Void can be hurt unlike your claims.

Thor bashed him pretty hard with the Helicarrier & it caused harm to him.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: @iragexcudder: This was a bit hard to judge this since you guys only really had 2 full out posts. Based off where it is/was, I'm going to vote for cudder.Like I said though, not much to go on.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: in Siege he was hurt by a helicarrier and then "killed" by Thor, setting aside the PIS that Sentry is oh so tuned in to, he allowed Thor to kill him then throw him in the sun.

That being said, Void can only die if Reynolds submits defeat. (Bendis wrote it, which is why it's ridiculous)

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: my man sorry you're upset! I just want to wrap this thing up. you guys totally could have posted Mar and kept it going longer if you wanted...

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: that was my fault.. I'm sorry about that

no worries it happens. I have like two threads I need to post and the same thing....

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Iragexcudder
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Got to eat and stuff first

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hate to steal another's words on the subject, but this pretty much mirrors my thoughts exactly. Now I have to get to bed and get some sleep...