• 117 results
Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Mee09

@noone1996: Naruto will be fine. A Thunderclap won't be knocking him out or doing any real damage. Even it manages to do damage. Naruto has 2 healing factors now. Thanks to Sage Mode and Kurama. I doubt Thing would be able to get more than one off before Naruto just starts nuking him with Rasenshuriken. He's not clapping through any of Naruto's AOE. Also Naruto has access to sound based attacks too if he summons toads.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Pierpat

@noone1996 said:

@pierpat: If you want to be over technical, then I guess they aren't the same as Black Canary, yeah. However, they are LOUD attacks which attack the inner ear... The distinction between them officially being sound based attacks or just shockwaves which hurt your ears is pretty irrelevant to my overall point. Naruto has never withstood an attack which attacks and indirectly targets your hearing or ruptures your ear drum. In fact, he's actually shown vulnerability to it:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

If you want to argue that he will be outside the range of it or not visible while his clones test the waters against Thing, fine, but baselessly claiming that a thunderclap would do nothing to him when he's never even demonstrated any resistance or immunity to noise generated attacks that target your ears, is silly.

Again, the thing that thunderclaps "target your inner-ears" seems stupid to me, because physically it makes no sense (or again, no more sense than just any shockwaves that hit you, and we all know naruto has been in the wake of shockwaves that are comparable to The thing's thunderclaps). Most of the time thunderclaps are used in comics they are just treated, as they should be, as shockwaves. As I already said, we have a lot of characters that do not have resistance to that kind of attack that get hit by shockwaves times and times again without suffering "inner-ear problems" (again, in one of your scan spidey of all people suffers that because of a thunderclap when he's been thunderclapped plenty of times without having such effects).

Has thing, on-panel, ever caused inner-ear problems with his thunderclaps?

I don't usually bring consistency in the field but this case really seems wanting to tag on a property showcased really rarely and pass it round as if it was normal. the few scans you used to proof that point are not thunderclaps performed by him.

That madara feat you posted is not comparable to the thunderclaps because it's clearly different and clearly sound-based: There's no concussion, no strong kinetic blow, it's not an instant but it's a continuous attack that lasts enough to have dialogue during it, the characters are standing just fine but their ear hurt.

Honestly something far more similar to a thunderclap is something like the deva path push, that works exactly like a thunderclap: using are pressure to create a shockwave.

Naruto has tanked that without having inner ear problems. The deva path shockwaves where strong enough to break every bone in gamabunta's body so we know they're actually comparable to a strong thunderclap, both in how they work and their power.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Naruto. Don't really see Ben winning the majority.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mee09: Ear damage causes equilibrium problems. Even if he stays conscious or heals from it, he's going to be dizzy and struggle to move. I guess you could argue he'd recover in time before Thing hits him, but saying it won't do anything is wrong. Especially since Naruto's resistance is quite lacking. Also, I very much doubt that Naruto would spam tailed beast bombs repeatedly, but hey that's probably the only way he could actually hurt Thing, so maybe he'd break character against Ben.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Nomar

I love how Ben keeps being used to belittle anime/manga characters when these same people wouldn't have this level of respect for him if you made a Thing vs Wolverine or Thing vs Spidey topic. They just know they have inconsistent/outlier feats to pluck from for Ben that they can finally use against verses they don't like. Whereas when Ben is up against other comic book characters, all of a sudden he isn't World Breaker Thing anymore.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Again, the thing that thunderclaps "target your inner-ears" seems stupid to me, because physically it makes no sense (or again, no more sense than just any shockwaves that hit you, and we all know naruto has been in the wake of shockwaves that are comparable to The thing's thunderclaps). Most of the time thunderclaps are used in comics they are just treated, as they should be, as shockwaves. As I already said, we have a lot of characters that do not have resistance to that kind of attack that get hit by shockwaves times and times again without suffering "inner-ear problems" (again, in one of your scan spidey of all people suffers that because of a thunderclap when he's been thunderclapped plenty of times without having such effects).

It doesn't matter if it makes sense. It's fictional. I have shown you that thunderclaps do affect the ear. The idea that it's just a simple shockwave like we see from DCEU Zod punching Superman in the movie Man of Steel is ridiculous. Why we're applying real world logic to thunderclaps is beyond me anyway. How do you make sense of the thunderclap scans I posted, anyway? Is it bad writing? Are they outliers?

Has thing, on-panel, ever caused inner-ear problems with his thunderclaps?

I don't usually bring consistency in the field but this case really seems wanting to tag on a property showcased really rarely and pass it round as if it was normal. the few scans you used to proof that point are not thunderclaps performed by him.

Not that I know of, to be fair. Thing has used thunderclaps a few times, but the people he's used it on don't seem to have ear problems afterwards. Still, it's been established that they work like this and I don't think there are different types of thunderclaps.

That madara feat you posted is not comparable to the thunderclaps because it's clearly different and clearly sound-based: There's no concussion, no strong kinetic blow, the characters are standing just fine but their ear hurt.

Looks like to me that the Ten Tails just simply roared loudly and it hurt everyone's ears... But sure let's say it was sound based. Thunderclaps affect eardrums just like sound based attacks do, so labeling the categorization of the type of attack doesn't really matter. Thunderclaps can be shockwaves and the Ten Tails' roar can be a sound attack, but the result is ultimately the same, so pointing out these distinctions is just nitpicking and pointless IMO.

Honestly something far more similar to a thunderclap is something like the deva path push, that works exactly like a thunderclap: using are pressure to create a shockwave.

The almighty push is actually a lot closer to a form of telekinesis. We see this when Hinata is levitated by Pain. This attack isn't really similar at all... The clap generates the force and shockwave. What generates the shockwave from Pain's push? Chakra? The Rinnegan?

Naruto has tanked that without having inner ear problems. The deva path shockwaves where strong enough to break every bone in gamabunta's body so we know they're actually comparable to a strong thunderclap, both in how they work and their power.

Yet nobody had any ear problems that withstood or survived the push. I'm sure they all have immunity to sound based attacks then, huh? (if you aren't sensing my sarcasm and actually believe this, I'll post more scans of Naruto characters being affected by sound based attacks). Again, this really isn't the same at all.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar: Can you point out anybody in this thread or even comic vine itself that pointed out Thing wins against an anime character, but then goes on to say he loses to Spider-Man? Just curious.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Toratorn

@noone1996: not quite that, but the closest thing to that was some smartass who said that Ulquiorra stomps Ben because Spider-Man can beat him...

I guess it's the same brand of idiocy that Nomar suffers from.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@noone1996: not quite that, but the closest thing to that was some smartass who said that Ulquiorra stomps Ben because Spider-Man can beat him...

Bring it down a few levels dude, you're far too emotionally invested in this. Also do I really need to show scan of Spidey/Wolvey level characters getting the best of Ben (I won't say beat because you probably wouldn't take anything short of Thing being dead as a sign of defeat)? It isn't something that has only happened a few times.

Subbat321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto one shots

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Toratorn

@nomar said:

Bring it down a few levels dude, you're far too emotionally invested in this. Also do I really need to show scan of Spidey/Wolvey level characters getting the best of Ben (I won't say beat because you probably wouldn't take anything short of Thing being dead as a sign of defeat)? It isn't something that has only happened a few times.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

"dO I NeEd to SHow sCaN Of SpiDEy/wOlVey LeVel ChARacTerS gEtTing tHe BesT Of bEn"

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sy8000

Uzumaki destroys him. Different tiers. No need for Bijuu Bombs when he's strong enough to physically repel them. Even 6-Tailed Naruto overpowered Shinra Tensei with the wave of his hand. Much weaker Naruto characters would beat Thing.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@mee09: Adamantium will hold indefinitely. Naruto can't do jack shit to primary Adamantium no matter what he tries. Even secondary adamantium is too much.

But thing is not made of adamantium or anything relating to that.

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TourneyMaster
@nomar said:

I love how Ben keeps being used to belittle anime/manga characters when these same people wouldn't have this level of respect for him if you made a Thing vs Wolverine or Thing vs Spidey topic. They just know they have inconsistent/outlier feats to pluck from for Ben that they can finally use against verses they don't like. Whereas when Ben is up against other comic book characters, all of a sudden he isn't World Breaker Thing anymore.

This guy gets it! I feel this is a Anti Anime agenda for some.

@toratorn said:

Wow, calling Nomar a idiot flat out now. Pretty edgy and against rules of the site. Way to go Toratron.

@nomar said:
@toratorn said:

Dont even reply to him. Flag him and move on. He is basically trolling at this point. You never tagged him but he felt the need to attack you and call you straight up a idiot. Its... sad. Flag him just go about your day. Noone is a very reasonable guy. Debate him if you really want to debate the topic.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: Lol how does deflecting beast bombs and overpowering shinra tensei make him on par with Ben strength-wise?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tourneymaster: It's not anti-anime agenda. Nobody has any respect for certain Marvel characters. People actually think 6 Tails Naruto could one-shot Thing and that's hilariously false. Everybody speaks with massive confidence about characters that they don't know much about.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto one-shots.

Comics Mid tiers aren't on this tier.

GohanDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the 3rd Thing fight i've seen today. Did he get buffed or something?

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gaoron  Online

Ben beat Spiderman who clapped Firelord who scales to Silver Surfer who hurt Galactus. Can Naruto beat Galactus? No? Then Thing stomps. Missmatch.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't get this. Why Ben? It's not like Marvel has a shortage of characters who can do more than just punch and tank stuff. I will never understand why The Thing is used as a measuring stick for characters from other verses.

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Nomar

@brucerogers said:

I don't get this. Why Ben? It's not like Marvel has a shortage of characters who can do more than just punch and tank stuff. I will never understand why The Thing is used as a measuring stick for characters from other verses.

It's an attempt at humiliation. They know Ben otherwise is an afterthought character even within comics but because he's so wildly inconsistent they can pluck out the feats they want to use while ignoring his lackluster average showings and his low end showings.

As someone that loves both comics and manga, Ben is one of the most known characters that nobody could give a damn about.

If you do a Google search for Thing on the battle forums. The results look like this:

Thing vs anime/manga character that logically should defeat him.

Thing vs comic book mid tier (or lower) because once it's an in-house fight people have to face the music of where he really stands.

No Caption Provided

I'll save you the time and show you what appears on page one with such a search. I can only make a case for 1 of these characters beating Naruto in a random encounter (I can tell you which one but I'm curious to see who other people would pick).

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar: That's just pathetic, if you ask me.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nomar said:

It's an attempt at humiliation. They know Ben otherwise is an afterthought character even within comics but because he's so wildly inconsistent they can pluck out the feats they want to use while ignoring his lackluster average showings and his low end showings.

As someone that loves both comics and manga, Ben is one of the most known characters that nobody could give a damn about.

If you do a Google search for Thing on the battle forums. The results look like this:

Thing vs anime/manga character that logically should defeat him.

Thing vs comic book mid tier (or lower) because once it's an in-house fight people have to face the music of where he really stands.

I'll save you the time and show you what appears on page one with such a search. I can only make a case for 1 of these characters beating Naruto in a random encounter (I can tell you which one but I'm curious to see who other people would pick).

You know, for someone who "could not give a damn" about Ben, you surely love entering Thing threads, voicing your garbage-tier opinions about Spider-Man being a good match for Ben (opinions not supported by anything even tangentially related to what actually happens in comic books) and generally behaving like someone who got molested by a guy in Thing costume in his childhood.

It's really telling that the only thing you and your dupe @tourneymaster can do here is desperately talk out of your asses and lowball Ben - someone who always was and always will be portrayed as a legitimate Marvel powerhouse - to street tier. Truly pathetic. Have you though about, you know, stopping posting altogether? Everyone would benifit from you not spreading this degeneracy further.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: Lol how does deflecting beast bombs and overpowering shinra tensei make him on par with Ben strength-wise?

Because Ben isn't mountain busting as far as I'm concerned.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AlphaQ

Ben is such an annoying character to get a grip on. I can't decide where to place him.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sy8000: Even if I agreed with that silliness about Ben not being able to bust a mountain, tailed beast bombs aren't even mountain busters until they explode. That'd be like if Namor deflected a nuclear bomb before it exploded and then saying that makes him city level.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996:

Sorry kept you waiting, huh?, i'm in the middle of the exam session in uni and things got hectic.

@pierpat said:

It doesn't matter if it makes sense. It's fictional. I have shown you that thunderclaps do affect the ear. The idea that it's just a simple shockwave like we see from DCEU Zod punching Superman in the movie Man of Steel is ridiculous. Why we're applying real world logic to thunderclaps is beyond me anyway. How do you make sense of the thunderclap scans I posted, anyway? Is it bad writing? Are they outliers?

Yes, they are outliers/WIS, and i've already explained why. If a character like spidey is hit by thunderclaps like 40 times in this editorial carrer (could actually be more) and only once the writer says he's suffering inner-ear problems, you can either say it's inconsistent or that the particular issue that caused it was a different/more powerful thunderclap. That is literally the definition of WIS or outlier.

Not that I know of, to be fair. Thing has used thunderclaps a few times, but the people he's used it on don't seem to have ear problems afterwards. Still, it's been established that they work like this and I don't think there are different types of thunderclaps.

Something happening a few times when a mechanic is being used far more often in a different way does not establish anything, it only underlines inconsistencies.

The almighty push is actually a lot closer to a form of telekinesis. We see this when Hinata is levitated by Pain. This attack isn't really similar at all... The clap generates the force and shockwave. What generates the shockwave from Pain's push? Chakra? The Rinnegan?

...the push, of course. The shockwave is still compressed air moving at sonic speeds, the cause matters little.

Yet nobody had any ear problems that withstood or survived the push. I'm sure they all have immunity to sound based attacks then, huh?
Oh, you're going to use that card?
Do i have to go and search the hundreds of times characters in marvel that are clearly not immune to sound attacks withstood thunderclaps with no inner-ear/sound-based effects?
Really, this is a stupid move when the point you're making is based of something that is really not consistent.
Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When people think scaling works the same way in comics as it does in manga.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c97780a71ae4
deactivated-5c97780a71ae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

Ben beat Spiderman who clapped Firelord who scales to Silver Surfer who hurt Galactus. Can Naruto beat Galactus? No? Then Thing stomps. Missmatch.

No Caption Provided

This is why i hate scaling comics to complex for my pea brain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When people think scaling works the same way in comics as it does in manga.

tell me about it that guy Toratorn tried to argue that Thing has molecular level durability because of like two feats from like the 60s and when i asked for a recent feat he went "dOn'T u KnOw ItS cAnOn" as if Marvel doesn't have consistence problems smh.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thing is a statue to Naruto.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ben is inconsistent. One time he fails to hurt street levelers. The other time he draws blood from world war hulk. I think if Naruto avoids h2h combat he could eventually win.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Toratorn

@notcensored: if you want to call me out then at least grow some balls to tag me. Also, I see you still haven't learned what "continuity" is. Lemme guess, you gonna screech "mUh OuTlIeRs" once again without proving these feats are outliers? Cause you know, if you claim something is an outlier, the burden of proof is on you to prove it's an outlier.

Also, nice double standards regarding scaling. Hilarious to see the mental gymnastics you need to resort to in order to allow scaling for your pet verse, but disregard it completely for opponent's one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@notcensored: if you want to call me out then at least grow some balls to tag me. Also, I see you still haven't learned what "continuity" is. Lemme guess, you gonna screech "mUh OuTlIeRs" once again without proving these feats are outliers? Cause you know, if you claim something is an outlet, the burden of proof is on you to prove it's an outlier.

If i wanted u in this conversation i would have tagged u but i have no patience for disrespectful little shits, i see u still can't provide a recent feat and are going to continue to call it an accurate representation of Ben smh all talk no substance, burden of proof is on u actually u never even proved its an accurate representation of Ben in the first place and when i asked for a feat from even the last 40 fucking years you ran with ur tail between ur legs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

Also, nice double standards regarding scaling. Hilarious to see the mental gymnastics you need to resort to in order to allow scaling for your pet verse, but disregard it completely for opponent's one.

Double standards? Anyone with half a brain knows Manga scaling=/=Comic scaling. Someones jimmies are rustled but then again you are the most biased person I've met on this site, i didn't disregard it i asked for a recent feat something to prove it wasn't an outlier and all you've done is "BuT dOn'T yOu KnOw WhAt CoNtInUiTy Is ThO"

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notcensored: see? I wasn't even wrong. Instead of actually backing up your fantasies with hard proof (you know, proof that the instances I posted are outliers?) you started screeching like someone with brain damage.

And speaking of brain damage... Thanks for admitting you only have half a brain. That really explains why your argumentation is so weak and why you can't do shit except for repeating your headcanons ad nauseum.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto, has too many diverse skills he can use.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ITs ClObBeRiN TiMe!!!

Nah lol. Which Thing is this? Regular feats or WW Hulk feats? Composite? Anyway, Thing cant really land a hit on Sage Mode Bijuu Naruto, and Naruto’s arsenal doesnt include advanced Seals or Space/Time Ninjutsu. I *Guess* a Shadow-Clone Bijuu Bomb Barrage would take down Thing, but thats not In Character soo... Thing and Naruto eventually settle their differences and grab some Ramen together or something. Stalemate for a character who cant hit the other and the other who refuses to put the other one down.

Streak619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When people think a standard should apply across all systems regardless of whether it can or not.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redshift_bacon: The WWH feat is not a feat but bullshit writing. That same hulk was tanking much stronger attacks like nothing.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: Ok, I am speaking more to Things durability here though since I already conceded that he cant land a hit on Naruto.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TheOriginalOne

@redshift_bacon: He got one shotted though so we can't use that as a durability feat.

If he had tanked a certain amount of hits, like say hulk does with Thanos, then you would be 100% correct.

Redshift_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theoriginalone: True Enough. Its been a long time since ive read WWH but I still dont know about Things durability enough. WWH was 1shotting everybody lol. I guess if Naruto was going for the kill he could put him down. Thing lines up better with Sage Mode Naruto or maybe War-Arc Gaara (No releasing 1-Tails) than BSM or even KCM Naruto

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto one-shots.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is just a Naruto vs Hulk thread. Ben is nothing more then a catalyst; everything about this thread on Ben's side just boils down "he fought the Hulk and the Hulk can do this" cause as we know every time the Hulk swings it's a continental attack.