Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FullMetalEmprah
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
  • In character.
  • Win by any means.
  • Fight takes place in modern Konoha.

In my Six Tails Naruto vs Thing thread people mentioned that this would be a closer match, so who takes it?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just going to end in a stalemate. The Thing obviously can't do anything to hurt a non-jobbing Naruto, but I don't think Naruto has enough firepower to take down the Thing either.

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, mountain busting does nothing to Thing. You need moon level hits to even faze him. Pfffffftt, Thing fanboys.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thing stomps. I also love the idea that Naruto just starts off every match spamming bijuu bombs and if the first one doesn't work he'll just charge up another one and continuously do that until his opponent is worn out. He totally did that so many times in the story. Even if he fought like that, it still wouldn't be enough. The guy has tanked hits from Colossonaut, Champion, Namor, Executioner, Wonder Man, Iron Man, Black Bolt, etc. They should all hit and blast with a force far above that (Simon alone traded blows with Hyperion which led to a planetoid shaking).

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, if DCEU Superman can beat Thing..... I guess Naruto has a chance.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: Who here in this thread has even hinted at Naruto starting the battle spamming Bijuu Bombs? Name one person.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Toratorn

At this point Ben must be really tired of stomping anime characters.

Here's a funny thought experiment: how many hits from Savage Hulk can Naruto survive?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a
deactivated-5d5d8c614fa9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's next, the thing vs delta?:/

Yamiyodare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BSM Naruto, easy. SM Naruto is probably stronger than the Thing.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the feats I've seen that don't involve shitty scaling, Naruto eviscerates him.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tfw when you reject scaling altogether simply because it allows the opposing character to effortlessly body your pathetic pet verse.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: Tfw when you show your bias by calling the verse a character is from a “pathetic pet verse”

I mean nobody was going to take you seriously anyway, but thanks for 100% proving your bias

SkySanji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SkySanji

Naruto ridicules The Thing

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If KN6 and ulquiorra can do it, then BSM takes it neg diff.

LoveEveryone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LoveEveryone

Whoever said DCEU Superman beats Thing must be joking sure Supes can tag em but he can’t actually take Thing down

But Anywase by feats probably Naruto wins against Thing especially via speed. But by scaling no way is this close. By scaling Not even SPSM can beat 616 Thing, who in turn beat Gray Hulk who destroyed a Asteroid twice the size of Earth. Bump.

https://goo.gl/images/VYPSSk

https://goo.gl/images/LqdTkB

https://goo.gl/images/rjw6En

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Toratorn

@thevivas: I'm biased, everyone else is biased, so we're all even.

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What Vivas said. All Thing fans flat out stated you must scale Thing to other characters who punched him. Not taking into account it is piss poor ABC logic and not quantifiable at all as to how hard those punches were. Classic shitty debating.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Toratorn

@tourneymaster: this, just like the rest of your "arguments" so far, is a blatant strawman, and you've brought absolutely 0 proof of the "ABC logic" being "piss poor". All you did so far was bitch that "scaling is wroooooooong" because you apparently are not capable of basic logic conclusions. Classic shitty debating.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Noone1996

LMAO at scaling being shrugged off by Naruto fans of all people... Naruto is the one with the supposed "light speed" reaction feat and Sasuke isn't, so does that mean Naruto is MASSIVELY faster than him since scaling doesn't work? Madara tanked several hits from the Tailed Beasts as they kicked him around, but that's also technically "unquantifiable", right? Kaguya really doesn't have any quantifiable speed feats, but she was outspeeding and running circles around Naruto and Sasuke at the same time, but since she doesn't have any "light speed" point blank dodging like Naruto does, I guess she's massively slower too since scaling off their speed isn't usable. Obito was avoiding Guy, Kakashi, and Bijuu Naruto all at the same time due to kamui, but that cannot be used as a speed/reaction feat because "scaling es badddderrrr". Can Kakashi's Susano'o with DMS not city bust even though it is portrayed as just as large as Madara's/Sasuke's? I mean I can go on and on... Picking and choosing when scaling does and doesn't work is a bit hypocritical.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are there so many threads about Ben having to fight hypersonic guys with mountain level blasts
Naruto might lose a few clones but if he's not an idiot and gets tagged by an opponent massively slower than he outlasts him by spamming ranged attacks.
He also has stuff that acts on a cellular level that i'm not sucre thing has the feats to tank

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60ecae36801
deactivated-5c60ecae36801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto, Ben has some good high end feats but consistently he's well below Naruto.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO at scaling being shrugged off by Naruto fans of all people... Naruto is the one with the supposed "light speed" reaction feat and Sasuke isn't, so does that mean Naruto is MASSIVELY faster than him since scaling doesn't work? Madara tanked several hits from the Tailed Beasts as they kicked him around, but that's also technically "unquantifiable", right? Kaguya really doesn't have any quantifiable speed feats, but she was outspeeding and running circles around Naruto and Sasuke at the same time, but since she doesn't have any "light speed" point blank dodging like Naruto does, I guess she's massively slower too since scaling off their speed isn't usable. Obito was avoiding Guy, Kakashi, and Bijuu Naruto all at the same time due to kamui, but that cannot be used as a speed/reaction feat because "scaling es badddderrrr". Can Kakashi's Susano'o with DMS not city bust even though it has no feats that back that up, yet is portrayed as just as large as Madara's/Sasuke's? I mean I can go on and on... Picking and choosing when scaling does and doesn't work is a bit hypocritical.

scaling with comics is horrendous when it comes to anime since the trope with anime is characters get progressively more powerful as a series continues compared to comics whom vary highly because of separate writers. people who scale with comic characters choose the most highest end feats to justify said character being powerful when scaled to another. If Hulk hits thing, are we gonna use Hulk's best striking feat to say Thing has really high durability? Doesn't work like that

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: They are testing the waters for future threads. If people agree that Naruto wrecks him or vice versa then they'll adapt. As for Thing never tagging Naruto, how do you think he'd counter a thunderclap?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto can't hurt ben but Ulquiorra can stomp him. Comicvine logic at its finest.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: But you could just simply look at a case-by-case basis instead of shrugging any and all scaling off as nonsensical bad writing and unusable due to so many different writers. If Thing is tanking unquantifiable hits from someone like the Silver Surfer obviously that cannot be used to prove he can no-sell country level attacks, but what about when he takes hits from a mind-controlled and blood-lusted Wonder Man? Or what about when he tanks attacks from a villain that's trying to kill him and has no reason to hold back?

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Naruto.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By reaverlation

@reaverlation: But you could just simply look at a case-by-case basis instead of shrugging any and all scaling off as nonsensical bad writing and unusable due to so many different writers. If Thing is tanking unquantifiable hits from someone like the Silver Surfer obviously that cannot be used to prove he can no-sell country level attacks, but what about when he takes hits from a mind-controlled and blood-lusted Wonder Man? Or what about when he tanks attacks from a villain that's trying to kill him and has no reason to hold back?

yeah those are more justifiable but the different writers can play a factor but seldom. scaling within comics or resorting to only high end feats is a bad route

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: They are testing the waters for future threads. If people agree that Naruto wrecks him or vice versa then they'll adapt. As for Thing never tagging Naruto, how do you think he'd counter a thunderclap?

by not standing close to the thing?
The thunderclaps have a limited range (when compared to stuff like biju bombs and rasenshurikens) and the very movement to produce them is telegraphed, even if naruto loses a few clones to it he should not be stupid enough to actually get tagged by one. And even if it did happen, i don't think that Thing's thunder clap has ever damaged someone with naruto's level of durability, even if i may be proven wrong about that.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Thunderclaps are also sound based attacks which Naruto has no counter for. I also highly doubt he's going to know what's happening when Thing motions to clap.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Agreed, but nobody here has done that and claiming that any and all scaling doesn't work is absurd.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: Agreed, but nobody here has done that and claiming that any and all scaling doesn't work is absurd.

a user scaled thing to savage hulk earlier by saying how many hits can Naruto take from Savage Hulk? That implies that Thing is being scaled to a higher level

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Thunderclaps are also sound based attacks which Naruto has no counter for. I also highly doubt he's going to know what's happening when Thing motions to clap.

Thunderclaps use air to exert pressure, they are kinetic energy. They are not "sound-based", they are a simple shockwave, like the ones explosions create.
Again, naruto has no reason to put his real body in thunderclap range and once he's seen it used once against a clone he's never going to get tagged by one again.
Naruto using his clones as a front line to "scout out" abilities is a thing he does in-character, so it's honestly what he would do here against Ben.

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Eeef

BSM Naruto.

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996 said:

yeah those are more justifiable but the different writers can play a factor but seldom. scaling within comics or resorting to only high end feats is a bad route

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: Fair enough, but they do work as sound based attacks.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

But yeah I suppose he could use his clones to test out Thing's capabilities and when he notices the thunderclap he can just keep his distance or outrun the thunderclap. However, if he's going to thunderclap I sincerely doubt he's going to clap with a sound radius of like 10 feet. He's going to try to take out every clone of Naruto he sees.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@tourneymaster: I heard you were back as only a certain user uses that Adventure Time gif. You more chill on this account? ;)

TourneyMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@tourneymaster: I heard you were back as only a certain user uses that Adventure Time gif. You more chill on this account? ;)

Yeah, I simply dont have the time anymore. I work 12-16 hour days now, and the fire is not there anymore. Still like making tourneys though. I also feel this site gotten worse and worse in traffic and quality users than say year ago.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pierpat

@noone1996 said:

@pierpat: Fair enough, but they do work as sound based attacks.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

...in what way? it's not a particular frequency that hurts you, it's the blunt force of the impact that does. They are in every single way equatable to a shockwave made by two hits clashing or an explosion. Black canary's cry is a sound-based move that actually bypasses non-specific durability, thunderclaps are not. The fact that some authors have some times (infrequently, to be honest) used them that way does not make them work that way all the time, spider-man in particular has been hit dozens of time by thunderclaps without complaining about "inner-ear" problems.

But yeah I suppose he could use his clones to test out Thing's capabilities and when he notices the thunderclap he can just keep his distance or outrun the thunderclap. However, if he's going to thunderclap I sincerely doubt he's going to clap with a sound radius of like 10 feet. He's going to try to take out every clone of Naruto he sees.

Naruto fights have a scale of things that is quite large, none of the scans you posted shows thunderclaps covering more than 30-40 feet. I don't see why naruto would get into that range that is kinda small given his cloning and ranged abilities.

And again, i haven't seen proof of the thunderclaps actually being strong enough to damage naruto sensibly. We're talking about a guy that has tanked A's hits and madara's susanoo swings, or, to use something that is kinda of similar to the thunderclap, deva path pushes.

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: People have even scaled him to Green Scar level.........

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: People have even scaled him to Green Scar level.........

but we saw what happened when Ben engaged with WWH...

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By katanalauncher

Naruto can BFR Ben with the propelling power of rasengan, I don't think he can harm him normally.

Naruto 8/10

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaverlation: That is what I don't understand. They say he was still alive so it is a feat....

And they even scale him to the few hits he took from hulk in Secret Empire...

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mee09

Not sure how anyone thinks Thing wins this. Naruto is too fast and versatile for an opponent like Thing who is only limited to his fists and kicks. Naruto can produce thousands of Shadow Clones and fly. He also has substitution. This is a huge mismatch.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mee09 said:

Not sure how anyone thinks Thing wins this. Naruto is too fast and versatile for an opponent like Thing who is only limited to his fists and kicks. Naruto can produce thousands of Shadow Clones and fly. He also has substitution. This is a huge mismatch.

not in this fight since it's pre-rikudo upgrade

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat: If you want to be over technical, then I guess they aren't the same as Black Canary, yeah. However, they are LOUD attacks which attack the inner ear... The distinction between them officially being sound based attacks or just shockwaves which hurt your ears is pretty irrelevant to my overall point. Naruto has never withstood an attack which attacks and indirectly targets your hearing or ruptures your ear drum. In fact, he's actually shown vulnerability to it:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

If you want to argue that he will be outside the range of it or not visible while his clones test the waters against Thing, fine, but baselessly claiming that a thunderclap would do nothing to him when he's never even demonstrated any resistance or immunity to noise generated attacks that target your ears, is silly.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mee09

@reaverlation: Well he doesn't really need flight to win this. Thing will never catch or tag the real Naruto. Naruto doesn't even have to engage. He could just spam Shadow Clones and zone him to death.

The Thing is durable but he's not made of Adamantium. Even then it's debatable if that could hold up indefinitely. The Rasenshuriken attacks on a cellular level.