Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Journal
No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

Bruce is on a boat and it is so HOT Outside that he takes his clothes off and goes Skinny Dipping. Bruce Wayne is out far enough in the Ocean and he ends up seeing a starved Great White Shark and the Shark is starving and attacks Bruce Wayne.

Who wins?

kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kameo

Bruce stomps

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rpottage
Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Bruce would have learned techniques to handle this situation (because, apparently, he has a technique for EVERY situation) and could probably escape the shark. Key word is escape. I don't see him actually combating the shark and defeating it, but he'd definitely get away.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By blackadamFTW

Bruce in a stomp. He has anti-shark repellent, how can't he win? ;)

rpottage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rpottage

@Imagine_Man15 said:

Bruce would have learned techniques to handle this situation (because, apparently, he has a technique for EVERY situation) and could probably escape the shark. Key word is escape. I don't see him actually combating the shark and defeating it, but he'd definitely get away.

You obviously never saw the 1960's Batman movie then.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Journal

@kameo

Bruce stomps

They had prep. Bruce does not. He is naked and the shark is coming for him.

@blackadamFTW said:

He doesnt have prep here and hes naked. so can he win?

kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kameo

@Journal said:

@kameo

Bruce stomps

@blackadamFTW said:

Than bruce will use the ancient language of dolphin ching zu and call in back up

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Journal: YES.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TifaLockhart

I know it's not canon, but check out Batman vs. Tiny in Arkham City.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Journal

@kameo said:

@Journal said:

@kameo

Bruce stomps

@blackadamFTW said:

Than bruce will use the ancient language of dolphin ching zu and call in back up

Dolphins cant kill Sharks unless you're thinking of Killer Whales. If Bruce called in for a Killer whale then the Whale would win and not him. the whale would do all the work for him.

@blackadamFTW said:

@Journal: YES.

How? He cant fight underwater, hes to slow and hes just a human. Sharks are alot faster and deadlier under water unless you're a fanboy I need good explanation on how a naked human is gonna beat a shark?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Waits for it.....

BossMan404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BossMan404

There is literally no way for Bruce to win.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Journal: Bruce is smart. He knows the weaknesses of a shark. He knows that when they go for the kill they close they're eyes. He'll use this opportunity to get out of the way using his peak human skills, and he get on top of it and find a nerve where he can nerve strike it. Then *BOOM* you have a defenseless shark begging for mercy.

kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kameo

@blackadamFTW said:

@Journal: Bruce is smart. He knows the weaknesses of a shark. He knows that when they go for the kill they close they're eyes. He'll use this opportunity to get out of the way using his peak human skills, and he get on top of it and find a nerve where he can nerve strike it. Then *BOOM* you have a defenseless shark begging for mercy.

well bruce kicks down trees for the luz, batman can always beat it to death by getting on top of it like a horsey.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Journal

@blackadamFTW said:

Bruce is strong enough to do that how? You realise he only had superhuman strength with his Batman suit? Without it, hes handicapped. I can change the rules to Bruce Wayne vs 20 Great Whites and you're still gonna say Batman wins? If so im done debating......LOL

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Journal

@kameo said:

@blackadamFTW said:

well bruce kicks down trees for the luz, batman can always beat it to death by getting on top of it like a horsey.

Bruce himself doesnt kick trees down, like I told Blackadam, thats his Bat suit that gives him power. without it, he has no strength feats.

kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kameo

@Journal: but i found this :[

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Journal: Strong enough to do what? What are you talking about? Batman doesn't have superstrength thanks to his suit. His skills may be even better when he doesn't have 50 pound armor on him. So you saying he's handicapped without it is just plain dumb.

Also, if you make threads that are made for one person to lose just quit.

@Journal said:

@kameo said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Bruce himself doesnt kick trees down, like I told Blackadam, thats his Bat suit that gives him power. without it, he has no strength feats.

I don't see a bat suit here:

@kameo said:

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wolfrazer

Ya shark kills him if hes completely naked, plus sharks can swim fast.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By m0ntyb0y

Bruce is naked with no gear...that's nothing like the newspaper article

Avatar image for truthofdawn2801
Truthofdawn2801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Truthofdawn2801
No Caption Provided
Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Journal

@kameo said:

Where is the proof thats even Bruce Wayne? Even if it is. He wont be anwhere near that strong under water. You can throw punches and kicks under water as easily as in the air.

@blackadamFTW said:

@Journal: Strong enough to do what? What are you talking about? Batman doesn't have superstrength thanks to his suit. His skills may be even better when he doesn't have 50 pound armor on him. So you saying he's handicapped without it is just plain dumb.

Also, if you make threads that are made for one person to lose just quit.

I meant Bruce. How is me saying hes not strong without it make my statement dumb? Different versions of Batman have different suits. What suggest his suits 50 pounds?

Now you're saying I made this thread so a person will lose? Thats not true. You obviously know Bruce loses, but wont admitt it cause you're a fanboy. Even if Bruce is strong. He will not be that strong under water. In the air you can throw kicks and punches faster. The Shark is way to fast.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Journal

@Wolfrazer said:

Ya shark kills him if hes completely naked, plus sharks can swim fast.

xactly. Bruce is a human so he'll eventually get tired from swimming so much. Shark don't get tired at all.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Journal: The suit hasn't really shown that it makes him stronger. Ever. I don't see why it would do anything. The only suit that's really made him stronger is the Insider Suit, and that's obviously only used a couple times. What suggests his suit is fifty pounds? The fact that it's made of carbon composite, and the fact it has a cape that is capable of gliding. That would definitely make it rather heavy.

You say you didn't make this thread so that Batman loses, but you're in denial when one says that Bruce wins. I see an obvious bias. People have avoided sharks on different occasions before, and nobody in real life is as fit and skilled as Bruce. I gave my reasoning as to why I believe that Bruce wins, but you haven't countered it effectively yet, so I stand by my statement.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Journal

@blackadamFTW: lol ok man believe what you want.

@Truthofdawn2801 said:

No Caption Provided

Did you even read the op? Obviously not. Bruce is fighting the Shark as Bruce, he has no Batman suit, no weapons or prep this is Random encounter and Bruce is Butt ass naked.

Avatar image for truthofdawn2801
Truthofdawn2801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Truthofdawn2801

@Journal:It was just a pic for fun you idiot.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Journal

@Truthofdawn2801 said:

Ok well its irrelevent mam.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Shark wins

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HBKTimHBK

Bruce wins.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Journal

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

Previously stated reasons.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Journal

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

You didn't state anything to why Bruce wins, hes bare naked, he gets no weapons, prep...etc no toys for him and hes going against a Shark and Bruce isnt as fast as a Shark. Not under water of course. So why would Bruce win?

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

You didn't state anything to why Bruce wins, hes bare naked, he gets no weapons, prep...etc no toys for him and hes going against a Shark and Bruce isnt as fast as a Shark. Not under water of course. So why would Bruce win?

I said previously stated reasons, and this is a starved shark, doesn't sound very healthy and in tip top condition for a shark either. Bruce is far more intelligent, natural instincts..deals with things a lot smarter then sharks.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Journal said:

@kameo said:

Where is the proof thats even Bruce Wayne? Even if it is. He wont be anwhere near that strong under water. You can throw punches and kicks under water as easily as in the air.

That is Bruce...very early on in his career of being Batman. He's better then that now of course.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Journal

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

I said previously stated reasons, and this is a starved shark, doesn't sound very healthy and in tip top condition for a shark either. Bruce is far more intelligent, natural instincts..deals with things a lot smarter then sharks.

Bruce can and has only showed to deal with bigger problems when hes Batman, Not when hes Bruce Wayne. As Bruce Wayne hes only showed to take multiple guys on in a fight at once, but not superior creatures such as Alligators, Crocodiles, Sharks or any of the sort.

If I make it Bruce Wayne ( Naked ) vs 20 Great White Sharks at once, are you still gonna say Batman wins?

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

Bruce can and has only showed to deal with bigger problems when hes Batman, Not when hes Bruce Wayne. As Bruce Wayne hes only showed to take multiple guys on in a fight at once, but not superior creatures such as Alligators, Crocodiles, Sharks or any of the sort.

If I make it Bruce Wayne ( Naked ) vs 20 Great White Sharks at once, are you still gonna say Batman wins?

Batman = Bruce Wayne

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Journal

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

Batman = Bruce Wayne

You are either messing with me or you're trolling.

Bruce Wayne and Batman are the same Person, but without his Batman suit, gadgets, toys and etc.... hes not that superior.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

Batman = Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne and Batman are the same Person, but without his Batman suit, gadgets, toys and etc.... hes not that superior.

Okay, I'm done here. It's obvious that you just have a thing against Batman. There is no human being in real life that can compare to Bruce.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Journal

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

Batman = Bruce Wayne

Okay, I'm done here. It's obvious that you just have a thing against Batman. There is no human being in real life that can compare to Bruce.

I agree and disagree. Not very many humans in real life or as smart as him, but if Bruce is such a bada$$, he wouldnt relie on suit and gadgets.

toby5678910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By toby5678910

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

Batman = Bruce Wayne

I agree and disagree. Not very many humans in real life or as smart as him, but if Bruce is such a bada$$, he wouldnt relie on suit and gadgets.

Bruce goes up against opponents with far more then suits and gadgets...

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sync1

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

You're debating that "Bruce can't win" therefore you made a thread with the intentions of spite, but it backfired.

You don't think Bruce doesn't know weaknesses of a shark?

(Batman kills a shark, handcuffed.)

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Journal

@sync1 said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

You're debating that "Bruce can't win" therefore you made a thread with the intentions of spite, but it backfired.

Please read OP's before posting in threads.

Bruce

1. Had his suit on in that scan.

2. He used a weapon.

He gets no suit or weapons, hes butt naked and hes unarmed. Post a scan of him as a naked man beating a shark. Nudity should be allowed since its a comic scan and not a real life movie.

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sync1

@Journal said:

@sync1 said:

@Journal said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Bruce wins.

Why?

Please read OP's before posting in threads.

Bruce

1. Had his suit on in that scan.

2. He used a weapon.

He gets no suit or weapons, hes butt naked and hes unarmed. Post a scan of him as a naked man beating a shark. Nudity should be allowed since its a comic scan and not a real life movie.

(found this on the internet)

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Esquire

@Journal said:

Wow. Ummm... Wow. Bruce Wayne has all of the skills of Batman, and is faster and stronger because he doesn't have to carry around his bulletproof suit + gadgets + Gliding Cape. He has lower durability, but that wouldn't matter much in this fight, anyway. And Bruce Wayne has beaten "bigger problems." What's that you say? A dozen of Ra's Al Ghul's ninjas enhanced with the Manbat serum? (Superhuman strength, speed, durability, flight.) No problem for Bruce, he doesn't even wrinkle his suit.

No Caption Provided

@Journal said

Bruce relies on his suit and gadgets because he does things no one in real life does. Next time someone in real life defeats several white martians by himself, let me know. Or even beats up a dozen mob thugs with his fists. That's child's play for Batman.

@Journal said:

That's from Batman: Year One. It's Bruce before he was Batman, so he should be even stronger now. Here's the full scan:

No Caption Provided
Please read OP's before posting in threads. Bruce 1. Had his suit on in that scan. 2. He used a weapon. He gets no suit or weapons, hes butt naked and hes unarmed. Post a scan of him as a naked man beating a shark. Nudity should be allowed since its a comic scan and not a real life movie.

I understand that you're new here, but that's what's called debating. He posted a very relevant scan, quite possibly the most relevant scan ever made for this thread. He posted a scan of Bruce Wayne beating a shark. Yes, he had his suit. But did it give him any benefits? Did he tank any hits? No. In fact, it actually hindered him by slowing him down in the water because of the a) the weight of the suit and b) the drag from his cape. Yes, he had a weapon, but it hardly negates the relevance of the scan. Again, he's also hindered by it since he can't swim properly. So it all cancels out more or less, and the scan is a valuable addition to the debate. Especially since it shows that Bruce is able to mount the shark without it tagging him.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Journal

@Esquire said:

@Journal said:

Wow. Ummm... Wow. Bruce Wayne has all of the skills of Batman, and is faster and stronger because he doesn't have to carry around his bulletproof suit + gadgets + Gliding Cape. He has lower durability, but that wouldn't matter much in this fight, anyway. And Bruce Wayne has beaten "bigger problems." What's that you say? A dozen of Ra's Al Ghul's ninjas enhanced with the Manbat serum? (Superhuman strength, speed, durability, flight.) No problem for Bruce, he doesn't even wrinkle his suit.

No Caption Provided

@Journal said

Bruce relies on his suit and gadgets because he does things no one in real life does. Next time someone in real life defeats several white martians by himself, let me know. Or even beats up a dozen mob thugs with his fists. That's child's play for Batman.

@Journal said:

That's from Batman: Year One. It's Bruce before he was Batman, so he should be even stronger now. Here's the full scan:

No Caption Provided
Please read OP's before posting in threads. Bruce 1. Had his suit on in that scan. 2. He used a weapon. He gets no suit or weapons, hes butt naked and hes unarmed. Post a scan of him as a naked man beating a shark. Nudity should be allowed since its a comic scan and not a real life movie.

I understand that you're new here, but that's what's called debating. He posted a very relevant scan, quite possibly the most relevant scan ever made for this thread. He posted a scan of Bruce Wayne beating a shark. Yes, he had his suit. But did it give him any benefits? Did he tank any hits? No. In fact, it actually hindered him by slowing him down in the water because of the a) the weight of the suit and b) the drag from his cape. Yes, he had a weapon, but it hardly negates the relevance of the scan. Again, he's also hindered by it since he can't swim properly. So it all cancels out more or less, and the scan is a valuable addition to the debate. Especially since it shows that Bruce is able to mount the shark without it tagging him.

Ok I see you've posted scans of Bruce kicking trees down and punching through bricks and so on, but you gotta remember he did that where their is air. In air you can kick and punch alot faster and harder than you can under water. So whats there to suggest hes that powerful under water when he could eventually gets tired from swimming and the Sharks wont. If anything if he stays in the water long enough he'll have to come up for air, but cant cause hes to busy fighting a Shark. So when hes on his way of dying cause of lake of Oxygen, then the Shark can take full advantage.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Truthofdawn2801 said:

There's no need for insults. 

@Journal:  It's clear you made this because you don't like Batman or think he's overrated, but you need to stop blatantly disregarding counter evidence just because you don't like it. 
  • Batman's regular costume doesn't enhance his physicals.  The only attribute it technically helps is durability.
  • You view him as a regular albeit well trained human.  While comic Batman is technically human, he's vastly superior to any real life human when it comes to skill, agility, speed and reflexes.
  • Don't create matches in an attempt to justify your opinion.  Make a match because you think it's good or fair.
Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Esquire

@Journal said:

Ok I see you've posted scans of Bruce kicking trees down and punching through bricks and so on, but you gotta remember he did that where their is air. In air you can kick and punch alot faster and harder than you can under water. So whats there to suggest hes that powerful under water when he could eventually gets tired from swimming and the Sharks wont. If anything if he stays in the water long enough he'll have to come up for air, but cant cause hes to busy fighting a Shark. So when hes on his way of dying cause of lake of Oxygen, then the Shark can take full advantage.

The scan does show, regardless, that Bruce has physical abilities far above those of any of the various humans who have tangled with sharks and lived to tell the tale. That was the point, not that he would be kicking through the shark. However, it also shows that he has sufficient strength to go for nerve strikes, eyes, and pressure points effectively, even when underwater.

Bruce can hold his breath for several minutes underwater, even while exerting himself, as shown in Knightfall against Joker and Scarecrow. But besides that, he's not stupid. He's going to do his best to negate the shark's advantages, and with his tactical abilities he'll know not to let himself drown. I would guess he'll keep the shark near the surface and bait it into breaching the surface, where he can then mount it and use his strength and striking power without being slowed down by water.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Journal

@k4tzm4n said:

@Journal: It's clear you made this because you don't like Batman or think he's overrated, but you need to stop blatantly disregarding counter evidence just because you don't like it.

I use to love Batman when I was a kid, watched the cartoons, movies...etc when I was a kid so im far from hating Batman. Now you thinking I made this thread cause I dont like Batman goes, tell that to the people who are silly enough to believe with just one years prep Batman can take out Galactus when Galactus destroys Universes and recreates them. Yes Batman is gonna Beat a Godlike being liek Galactus that makes sense. I aint trolling, i'm being serious.

Batman's regular costume doesn't enhance his physicals. The only attribute it technically helps is durability.

Ok thats understandable as far as most versions of Batman goes, but Insider suit Batman gave him alot more strength cause he once lifted a 1000 ton ceiling and without the suit, he would of had no way of doing that.

You view him as a regular albeit well trained human. While comic Batman is technically human, he's vastly superior to any real life human when it comes to skill, agility, speed and reflexes.

When hes Batman yes, but when hes Bruce Wayne hes not all that bad even though someone showed me a scan to prove me differently, but hows his speed gonna remain the same when hes under water? When you're in water you can move fast by swimming, but putting force into a punch and kick will be alot slower in water than it will be on ground where their is air and gravity.

Don't create matches in an attempt to justify your opinion. Make a match because you think it's good or fair.

Ok fine, from now on regardless of whos fighting who, I wont say a word i'll let the other viners have their thoughts, opinions and facts of who could beat who.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Journal:  

You're playing the lesser of two evil cards.  If I see Batman vs Galactus, I'll obviously lock it.  But saying "other people make worse threads" isn't really a valid point and you've already made it clear you don't think batman wins and you made this in an attempt to prove that.  Therefore, the match wasn't even balanced in your own mind and you created a spite match. 

Ok thats understandable as far as most versions of Batman goes, but Insider suit Batman gave him alot more strength cause he once lifted a 1000 ton ceiling and without the suit, he would of had no way of doing that. 

1. Pounds, not tons.
  2. No, that was his ordinary suit -- not the Insider. 

When hes Batman yes, but when hes Bruce Wayne hes not all that bad even though someone showed me a scan to prove me differently, but hows his speed gonna remain the same when hes under water? When you're in water you can move fast by swimming, but putting force into a punch and kick will be alot slower in water than it will be on ground where their is air and gravity. 

It's obviously hindered, but not to the point where he'd be easy pickings for a shark.  You've already seen scans that Batman is capable of manufacturing in the water just fine.  The costume doesn't help him do that.

Ok fine, from now on regardless of whos fighting who, I wont say a word i'll let the other viners have their thoughts, opinions and facts of who could beat who. 

Don't pull the "I'm the victim card."  You're more than welcome to share your thoughts, but you have a more than transparent history of not being very reasonable.  These battles are all about keeping an open mind and learning more about characters, not cheerleading for your favorites and downplaying the ones you're not liking at the moment (be it because of their fans or the character itself).  This place can be friendly and fun if you want it to be.