• 77 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for korg
#51 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio
jesterlichloath said:
"almost forgot about one of the better pride guys thats done really well nogueira"
I was avoiding mentioning him because it makes me sad...
Avatar image for jesterlichloath
#52 Posted by jesterlichloath (1047 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"jesterlichloath said:
"almost forgot about one of the better pride guys thats done really well nogueira"
I was avoiding mentioning him because it makes me sad...
"

yeah i feel you on that one but never know look at couture he was in the game and still doing damage when he was in his 40's, but he never got stabbed and grew up in brazil
Avatar image for geraldthesloth
#53 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio
jesterlichloath said:
"Korg said:
"jesterlichloath said:
"almost forgot about one of the better pride guys thats done really well nogueira"
I was avoiding mentioning him because it makes me sad...
"
yeah i feel you on that one but never know look at couture he was in the game and still doing damage when he was in his 40's, but he never got stabbed and grew up in brazil"
nog is still a contender despite what anyone says the guy is well rounded and has a solid chin
Avatar image for korg
#54 Posted by Korg (11351 posts) - - Show Bio

Couture also didn't look like he was 45 when he was 32. He also never took bunches of punches from Fedor without dying.

Avatar image for gunswordfist
#55 Posted by gunswordfist (2690 posts) - - Show Bio
jesterlichloath said:
"almost forgot about one of the better pride guys thats done really well nogueira"

Oh yeah! Even though he did look terrible against Mir. I would have said that Mir would have still won no matter what but Mir just put Nog down way too fast.geraldthesloth said:
"Lyoto machida is a damn beast"
He sure is. That's why me waiting for Evans to beat him is so painful.jesterlichloath said:
"Korg said:
"jesterlichloath said:
"almost forgot about one of the better pride guys thats done really well nogueira"
I was avoiding mentioning him because it makes me sad...
"
yeah i feel you on that one but never know look at couture he was in the game and still doing damage when he was in his 40's, but he never got stabbed and grew up in brazil"
Nog got stabbed? I just heard he got hit by a truck when he was a kid.Korg said:
"Couture also didn't look like he was 45 when he was 32. He also never took bunches of punches from Fedor without dying."
True. Iceman punches put him away.


Avatar image for batdance
#56 Posted by BatDance (2249 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"Oh yeah, Gracie killer. I think I've heard him called that. And I have heard about Rickson inflated his record. Shogun Rua is especially pissed off about that because when they fought and had a draw, Rickson just added it to his record as a victory and said Vale Tudo is useless. lolAs for Bruce Lee and BJJ, I'm sure he'd get his arm broken if he tried to go on the ground with Gracie. lol But I'd say he studied enough to avoid being put on the ground."
MMA rules with Gracie getting Bruce on the floor then Gracie wins because Bruce is still leashed, however that ground work is a sick joke on the street. Too many ju-jitsu dudes end up in the morgue because they think they can do it all. There's a reason why you never go to the ground in a real street fight, its because people could kick you to death with steel toe caps or you get surrounded by a gang that wants to bottle you to death. You ever get in a street fight - stay on your feet and most important get ready to turn tail and run, that's how you don't end up like one of these ju-jitsu dudes with a toe-tag. Bruce was known to have fought some real street fights. Watch Enter the Dragon to see a tiny flavor of what Bruce would be like, he will bite a chunk out of his arm and throw headbutts. Gracie is a great wrestler and grappler but this is nothing like street fighting. If it's stand up fighting Bruce would destory Gracie since Gracie can't throw a decent combo punch to save his life.
Avatar image for gunswordfist
#57 Posted by gunswordfist (2690 posts) - - Show Bio
BatDance said:
"gunswordfist said:
"Oh yeah, Gracie killer. I think I've heard him called that. And I have heard about Rickson inflated his record. Shogun Rua is especially pissed off about that because when they fought and had a draw, Rickson just added it to his record as a victory and said Vale Tudo is useless. lolAs for Bruce Lee and BJJ, I'm sure he'd get his arm broken if he tried to go on the ground with Gracie. lol But I'd say he studied enough to avoid being put on the ground."
MMA rules with Gracie getting Bruce on the floor then Gracie wins because Bruce is still leashed, however that ground work is a sick joke on the street. Too many ju-jitsu dudes end up in the morgue because they think they can do it all. There's a reason why you never go to the ground in a real street fight, its because people could kick you to death with steel toe caps or you get surrounded by a gang that wants to bottle you to death. You ever get in a street fight - stay on your feet and most important get ready to turn tail and run, that's how you don't end up like one of these ju-jitsu dudes with a toe-tag. Bruce was known to have fought some real street fights. Watch Enter the Dragon to see a tiny flavor of what Bruce would be like, he will bite a chunk out of his arm and throw headbutts. Gracie is a great wrestler and grappler but this is nothing like street fighting. If it's stand up fighting Bruce would destory Gracie since Gracie can't throw a decent combo punch to save his life."
I remember on youtube two guys were talking about how effective jujitsu is. Then one guy ended the argument by saying you'd get your head stomped in while trying to grapple someone in a street fight if they have friends. I was laughing so hard from that sh!t! I definitely wouldn't use BJJ for my primary form of self defense. I'd learn it after doing things like Muay Thai and Wing Chun.
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#58 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
jesterlichloath said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"SwaggaB0y said:
"MMA FIGHT MMA RULES."
bruce no contest he is better then gracie in every aspect."
obviously youve never seen his stand up game...... oh wait thats cause he has none, im not a hater he is arguably the best ground game man on earth just stating facts.as i said in the other mma post most fighters now have months to train i see bruce getting some training on how to stuff gracie if he can do this its a first round KO bruce, goes to the ground its over in less then a min for Royce"
that is 100% untrue.
Avatar image for gunswordfist
#59 Posted by gunswordfist (2690 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"jesterlichloath said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"SwaggaB0y said:
"MMA FIGHT MMA RULES."
bruce no contest he is better then gracie in every aspect."
obviously youve never seen his stand up game...... oh wait thats cause he has none, im not a hater he is arguably the best ground game man on earth just stating facts.as i said in the other mma post most fighters now have months to train i see bruce getting some training on how to stuff gracie if he can do this its a first round KO bruce, goes to the ground its over in less then a min for Royce"
that is 100% untrue."

Didn't he say arguably?
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#60 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"jesterlichloath said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"SwaggaB0y said:
"MMA FIGHT MMA RULES."
bruce no contest he is better then gracie in every aspect."
obviously youve never seen his stand up game...... oh wait thats cause he has none, im not a hater he is arguably the best ground game man on earth just stating facts.as i said in the other mma post most fighters now have months to train i see bruce getting some training on how to stuff gracie if he can do this its a first round KO bruce, goes to the ground its over in less then a min for Royce"
that is 100% untrue."
Didn't he say arguably?"
theres no argument.  No one thinks he has the best ground game on earth.
Avatar image for gunswordfist
#61 Posted by gunswordfist (2690 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"gunswordfist said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"jesterlichloath said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"SwaggaB0y said:
"MMA FIGHT MMA RULES."
bruce no contest he is better then gracie in every aspect."
obviously youve never seen his stand up game...... oh wait thats cause he has none, im not a hater he is arguably the best ground game man on earth just stating facts.as i said in the other mma post most fighters now have months to train i see bruce getting some training on how to stuff gracie if he can do this its a first round KO bruce, goes to the ground its over in less then a min for Royce"
that is 100% untrue."
Didn't he say arguably?"
theres no argument.  No one thinks he has the best ground game on earth."
So he's no one?
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#62 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"gunswordfist said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"jesterlichloath said:
"DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"SwaggaB0y said:
"MMA FIGHT MMA RULES."
bruce no contest he is better then gracie in every aspect."
obviously youve never seen his stand up game...... oh wait thats cause he has none, im not a hater he is arguably the best ground game man on earth just stating facts.as i said in the other mma post most fighters now have months to train i see bruce getting some training on how to stuff gracie if he can do this its a first round KO bruce, goes to the ground its over in less then a min for Royce"
that is 100% untrue."
Didn't he say arguably?"
theres no argument.  No one thinks he has the best ground game on earth."
So he's no one?"

as far as grappling skills, he basically is.
Avatar image for jesterlichloath
#63 Edited by jesterlichloath (1047 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah not anymore thats why i said argueably, if hes a no body then why are so many styles patterned after the style he invented?

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#64 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
jesterlichloath said:
"yeah not anymore thats why i said argueably, if hes a no body then why are so many styles patterned after the style he invented?"
he didn't invent any style
Avatar image for braise
#65 Posted by Braise (1306 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce would probably knock Gracie out. Bruce was trained in greco-roman and taught BJJ by the famous Dan Inosanto, so he'll be hard-pressed on being rushed.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#66 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
Braise said:
"Bruce would probably knock Gracie out. Bruce was trained in greco-roman and taught BJJ by the famous Dan Inosanto, so he'll be hard-pressed on being rushed. "
inosanto never taught bruce lee bjj
Avatar image for king_saturn
#67 Posted by King Saturn (223049 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"Braise said:
"Bruce would probably knock Gracie out. Bruce was trained in greco-roman and taught BJJ by the famous Dan Inosanto, so he'll be hard-pressed on being rushed. "
inosanto never taught bruce lee bjj"
I was wondering if anyone would catch that...
Avatar image for swaggab0y
#68 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5446 posts) - - Show Bio

whats BJJ?

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#69 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
SwaggaB0y said:
"whats BJJ?"
brazilian jiu jitsu
Avatar image for majinblackheart
#70 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9613 posts) - - Show Bio

I guarantee in any MMA fight Bruce gets disqualified for an illegal move

Moderator Online
Avatar image for swaggab0y
#71 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5446 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"SwaggaB0y said:
"whats BJJ?"
brazilian jiu jitsu"
thanks
Avatar image for sunman
#72 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

if Bruce Lee can take Chuck Norris he wins this hands down



  

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#73 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"if Bruce Lee can take Chuck Norris he wins this hands down


  

"
.............
thats a movie.
Avatar image for sunman
#74 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

he beat Chuck Norris and he would do the same in real life

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#75 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"he beat Chuck Norris and he would do the same in real life"
I can film an action sequence in which you knock out floyd mayweather jr, doesn't mean its going to happen in real life.
Avatar image for sunman
#76 Posted by SUNMAN (8588 posts) - - Show Bio

Chuck Norris has admitted Bruce Lee is better than him.


And yea I could take Floyd Mayweather Jr., too. 
Avatar image for king_saturn
#77 Posted by King Saturn (223049 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Chuck Norris has admitted Bruce Lee is better than him.

And yea I could take Floyd Mayweather Jr., too. 
"
You sure Chuck wasnt being Modest ?

lol