No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ali is not touching Lee regardless of height and reach...

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Bruce Lee more of a competition fighter, the ones where it's more about technique instead of knocking out opponents? I don't remember. In a street fight Lee would likely win, but in a boxing match Lee would lose. Actually, anything except boxing would be in Lee's favor, so 9/10 Lee.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Travis7211997

@irhp87: even in boxing he's going to ridiculously hard to hit. Tyson would have to barage him and hope to get lucky with a haymaker. I'd say lee 9/10 in the ring and 10/10 anywhere else. The only thing Tyson has going for him is strength and reach which mean nothing when you can't actually land a punch. Lee could take Tyson down in bye blink of an eye, which is why boxing may be a bit out of his element.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ComicStooge
No Caption Provided

Bruce dies.

/thread

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87: even in boxing he's going to ridiculously hard to hit. Tyson would have to barage him and hope to get lucky with a haymaker. I'd say lee 9/10 in the ring and 10/10 anywhere else. The only thing Tyson has going for him is strength and reach which mean nothing when you can't actually land a punch. Lee could take Tyson down in bye blink of an eye, which is why boxing may be a bit out of his element.

Tyson is a better boxer because he has the experience and training for that specific sport. It doesn't make him a better fighter, just a better boxer, and he is naturally built for boxing while Lee is definitely not. He will be crushed in boxing 9/10. He will be pressured against the ropes and manhandled.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike Tyson is not in this thread.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Travis7211997

@comicstooge: I find that scan to be BS. Bruce was being modest, I know that's a tough argument to make but come on have you seen the guy? We have Ali who is in most peoples eyes the best boxer, but lee revolutionized the way of fighting in many forms. How can someone that big keep up with someone as fast as lee? I just don't see it. Think, a 6,3 linebacker will not be able to catch up to a 5'9 running back who breaks free in open space.

Might is light.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That opinion in the book is really subjective anyways. What kind of fight? Boxing fight? Street fight where anything goes? It holds no credibility.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: I got mixed with another thread when I posted that haha.

No_Hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce lee will win I dont see a point in this thread, we all know Bruce lee wins

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87: it's still a lot of space to give someone like lee. Depends on which is faster: Ali's jab, or lee's reaction.

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy said:

Mike Tyson is not in this thread.

I got mixed up somehow but everything I said still applies.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it depends on the situation. Ali can jab fast, like 3 times a second. But Lee can kick fast than the human eye can see. It's documented. Besides, he can kick a 300 pound punching bag several feet away. If that connects, Lee one shots.

I think it depends who hits first.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87: you think Tyson could take lee as well? The man who throws haymakers and leaves himself wide open to counter? I can see what you're saying, and that scan is pretty legit for Ali, but I'm sorry Tyson would lose horribly

bull909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By bull909

I know Bruce doesn't kick a lot, but I assume boxing matches don't allow Bruce to fully kick and use his leg and footwork on Ali.

The problem with this match up is that Ali's techniques are probably more designed to disable the opponent while Bruce's techniques are designed to kill the opponent. You decide what is better.

Ali is probably also used to more fighting in a ring, whilst Bruce is probably used to fighting in alleys and rooftops (Hong Kong street fight lol? I don't know)

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again, that scan is really subjective.

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87: it's still a lot of space to give someone like lee. Depends on which is faster: Ali's jab, or lee's reaction.

Not really. Boxing and MMA have a lot of walking and spacing, and Lee will definitely back up when Ali comes. Eventually Lee will be cornered and slaughtered, Ali had the experience in the ring. That might not sound impressive to have experience in a ring but it's a factor. People who neer fought in the octagon have said it is different from a boxing ring so where you fight matters.

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87: you think Tyson could take lee as well? The man who throws haymakers and leaves himself wide open to counter? I can see what you're saying, and that scan is pretty legit for Ali, but I'm sorry Tyson would lose horribly

Well since it's off topic I'd rather not derail but I think Tyson is actually more dangerous for Lee. Tyson was an animal. Lee would literally be eaten alive.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a street fight. Not a fight where we've giving the guy who has 6 inches the advantage.

That's just hilarious.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: I don't agree with the scan either but those were his words. In a street fight there's no way in hell Ali wins. In the ring Ali has a chance because it's more his forte. But that's like homecourt advantage. Lee would do better in the ring than Ali would do in sparring.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87: I imagine Tyson being to pissed off to keep his cool and charging at lee then lee kicking him right in the face. GG

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By IRHP87

@travis7211997 said:

@irhp87: I imagine Tyson being to pissed off to keep his cool and charging at lee then lee kicking him right in the face. GG

Oh, outside of boxing I'm sure Lee could manage in most forms of combat/sports. I'm just saying, in a boxing match Lee is sushi.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87: I may have been a bit hasty earlier when I said lee would still stomp in the ring, but he still is not going to get stomped. The fight would most likely go the distance honestly

bull909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87 said:
@travis7211997 said:

Oh, outside of boxing I'm sure Lee could manage in most forms of combat/sports. I'm just saying, in a boxing match Lee is sushi.

Yeah I agree, Lee would probably get himself disqualified by accidentally kicking him or something lol.

Avatar image for jesusthesefanboys
Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the ring with Great footwork,reach,height,power. Ali would just have to jab.This guy has taken hits from George foreman he is not getting oneshotted. Bruce even tried to mimic alis footwork because it was so good. Outside of the ring Bruce can take it.

This is like when people bring up samurai swords, people get all mystical about it "glorious Nippon steel folded over a thousand times" when in reality they aren't amazing.

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a boxing match? Muhammad Ali.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raizel said:

No not in a boxing match. Please read the thread.

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irhp87: I may have been a bit hasty earlier when I said lee would still stomp in the ring, but he still is not going to get stomped. The fight would most likely go the distance honestly

Glad you realized that, good on you. Maybe I could be wrong about it being a "stomp" per se, but I have little doubt who wins.

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy said:
@raizel said:

No not in a boxing match. Please read the thread.

Hmm then Bruce Lee after a good fight.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pr0d1gy

@jesusthesefanboys said:

In the ring with Great footwork,reach,height,power. Ali would just have to jab.This guy has taken hits from George foreman he is not getting oneshotted. Bruce even tried to mimic alis footwork because it was so good. Outside of the ring Bruce can take it.

This is like when people bring up samurai swords, people get all mystical about it "glorious Nippon steel folded over a thousand times" when in reality they aren't amazing.

A kick that can pulverish a 300 pound punching bag WILL one shot someone whose used to getting jab'd. It doesn't matter how you work it. The human body cannot tank a kick that strong. It's impossible.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By APEX_pretador

Depends on rules.

In a street fight / MMA fight, the greatest one is beaten very easily by the father of martial arts.

In a boxing match, ali knocks the overrated actor out in a minute.

@pr0d1gy which kind if fight?

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Travis7211997

@jesusthesefanboys: Ok but firstly: Op stated it was a street fight

Second: it's not like lee is going to get stomped out in the ring. I'll agree he will probably lose but I'm sure lee isn't going to get one shotted either and his shiftyness will help him. And foreman was a beast but never underrate lees strength. His one inch punch could knock a man back 6 feet.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People need to stop getting mystical about Bruce lee anyway, how many wins did he have in his proffesional fighting career...... would he even do that well in mma today?. You need to seperate Bruce lee the legend vs Bruce lee the human.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By pr0d1gy

@jesusthesefanboys said:

People need to stop getting mystical about Bruce lee anyway, how many wins did he have in his proffesional fighting career...... would he even do that well in mma today?. You need to seperate Bruce lee the legend vs Bruce lee the human.

When one can kick too fast for the human eye to see, kick a 300 pound punching bag to the ceiling, or perform 2 finger pushups, it doesn't matter WHO OR WHAT you are, you WILL do some serious damage in a fight with no rules.

You act like Bruce Lee is some regular guy who shot a few movies.

You my friend, are horribly wrong.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travis7211997: Plz don't even compare his one inch punch to George Foreman. I doubt lee could take one punch to the head from him, renowned as maybe an even harder hitter than mike tyson. Unless your willing to bring up lees defensive feats in real fights he has done.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys: well with a name like jesusthesefanboys I imagine you go around bashing people who take one side of an argument just because you don't agree. Bruce lee revolutionized MMA, and is arguably the best in the art ever. That you can not deny.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travis7211997: Plz don't even compare his one inch punch to George Foreman. I doubt lee could take one punch to the head from him, renowned as maybe an even harder hitter than mike tyson. Unless your willing to bring up lees defensive feats in real fights he has done.

Bruce Lee could kick Ali before Ali would notice.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travis7211997: Resorting to ad hominem because of my name. Forming an opinion means bashing....hmm okay. Some serious mental gymnastics going on here.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys: lee has unbelievable reaction times, it going to be hard to land a punch on him. And in a street fight foreman would be heavily outclassed due to speed and kicks.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: You don't argue in your own thread, and set it up when you have one clear winner in mind. Not really surprising coming from you.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travis7211997: Resorting to ad hominem because of my name. Forming an opinion means bashing....hmm okay. Some serious mental gymnastics going on here.

You haven't debunked what I said.

Lee's kick is faster than Ali's jab. It's even timed.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Travis7211997

@jesusthesefanboys: "you people need to stop getting all mystical about Bruce lee" isn't bashing? If you had said you thought I was overrating him that'd be different. No need for snide remarks my friend.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesusthesefanboys: well with a name like jesusthesefanboys I imagine you go around bashing people who take one side of an argument just because you don't agree. Bruce lee revolutionized MMA, and is arguably the best in the art ever. That you can not deny.

That can of course be denied. Jigoro Kano, the founder of Judo would get destroyed by Teddy Riner, the current world champion. All we know about Bruce Lee fighting prowesses is hearsay and staged videos.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leito said:
@travis7211997 said:

That can of course be denied. Jigoro Kano, the founder of Judo would get destroyed by Teddy Riner, the current world champion. All we know about Bruce Lee fighting prowesses is hearsay and staged videos.

Too bad documented evidence of his physical abilities debunks you.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Travis7211997

@leito: so his one inch punch means nothing? His incredibly fast and lethal kicks mean nothing. If Bruce lee were to land a kick on Ali It'd be over. And given lees speed that's not going to be hard.

Travis7211997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy said:
@leito said:
@travis7211997 said:

Yes, Bruce Lee was very fit. Any high level gymnast or crossfitter outperforms him, though.

Regarding his "lethal" kicks, when have these kicks been "lethal" in actual fights ?

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pr0d1gy

@leito said:
@pr0d1gy said:
@leito said:
@travis7211997 said:

Yes, Bruce Lee was very fit. Any high level gymnast or crossfitter outperforms him, though.

Regarding his "lethal" kicks, when have these kicks been "lethal" in actual fights ?

Incorrect.

Lee was rated as the most fit human in history.

Kicking a 300 pound punching bag to the ceiling is ALOT stronger than a hay-maker by mike tyson. Such a kick would break anybodies ribs and cause serious internal bleeding.

Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travis7211997: How is anything i said bashing, people really do need to stop getting mystical about him, people would genuinely think he would dominate mma today.

The martial arts you see Bruce Lee do in the movies are not what he would be doing in MMA. There is a clear distinction in his fighting philosophy between what looks good on camera and what works in a fight. Dan Inosanto, one of his only protege's speaks to this at length. The real Bruce in a real fight would not be chicken kicking and high kicking.He would be doing the dirty nasty effective, and likely not very pretty things that win fights. Also if you read earlier i already said outside the ring Bruce takes it. The op set up this thread with a clear winner in mind.