Bruce Lee vs Andre the Giant

• 85 results

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Bruce Lee vs Andre the Giant (71 votes)

Bruce punches a hole in his chest 17%
Andre crushes him in his arms 28%
Bruce gets in a few blows but gets sat on 24%
Andre lands a solid punch but gets decimated 6%
Bruce uses his secret technique and just barely wins 14%
Andre battered and bloodied pulls off the victory 11%

Takes place in the Octagon, no gloves, no ref(no eye gouging, no genital strikes) to the DEATH!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw man. How hard can Lee hit again? It's gonna take a lot to hurt Andre through his mass unless he aims for straight face shots. Which again, is gonna take some energy on his part, the height difference is extreme

Then again Andre is gonna have a hard time getting his hands on Bruce, but if he does it's a wrap.

I don'tknow if Bruce can legitly deal with a giant, im betting on my man andre, but its a tough fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar: thanks bro I was thinking about the whole small skilled guy vs massive unskilled guy and I was like hold up!

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_gaea: no problem. Imo andre isnt too unskilled. Nowhere near Bruce's level, but he knows how to use his weight and he knows techniques that in reality would kill and maim people if wwe wasn't fake. If he was completely unskilled this would be lee's fight all day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor_tsar: right dude is 7 foot 4 and 520 pounds. Bruce is 5 foot 7 and 130 pounds so now I wish I could actually watch this.

Patera_All

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andre, and this isn't a debate. Bruce was 5'7, 125lbs. Andre was more than three times his size at 7'0, 400+. It's a cheetah vs a lion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patera_all: an extremely skilled cheetah who can one inch punch a man several feet

GuildSeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GuildSeal

Bruce and it isn't close. I'm not sure how many of you supporting Andre are actually fighters or not, but a skilled fighter against a unskilled fighter who may be twice their size is still one sided. In fact, it doesn't even make much difference with skilled fighters. Height/weight honestly doesn't make a difference.

Linked below is mike tyson explaining that size doesn't matter and the other video is Shane Fazen sparring a Taekwondo black belt who is far bigger than him. So if you still want to claim size/weight makes all the difference, you have to suggest you know more about fighting than professional fighters such as Tyson.

https://youtu.be/vzIc1z3MkTc?t=92

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O14yjsulv7w

Apocofist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Apocofist

Size and strength matter, especially in this particular fight considering just how utterly ridiculous the gap is.

He's skilled, sure, but the physical gap is just too large for Bruce to overcome and whilst I respect Bruce he's never fought professionally and the only sources we can use for him are eye witness testimonies which aren't that reliable and if we use testimonies then the same should be applied to Andre who reportedly trolled his friends by flipping or lifting their car, granted it was probably a light-weight like a beetle.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Aristeaus

Andre and its not even close.

Bruce is a master of generating power for his size, but he is still limited by the size. A 120 pound boxer isnt going to hit as hard as Tyson in his prime, for example.

Bruce wont be able to reliably even make contact with Andres head. Anytime he would try, he would get grabbed and the fights over.

Demetrious Johnson is the best technical fighter on the planet. He is only 4 inches shorter then Bruce, and the same weight. Throw him into the Octagon with Brock Lesnar. Despite being a much better fighter then Brock, its going to go extremely poorly for Mighty Mouse.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KanyeCosby

Size matters. Bruce Lee was extremely impressive, but Andre’s called a giant for a reason. Andre can literally beat him just by sitting on him.

Eric_of_Apotos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Andre gets his hands on Lee it's over.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With these rules, the giant wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: Brock is skilled though, I'm pretty sure Andre was just an actor

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: Brock is skilled though, I'm pretty sure Andre was just an actor

Andre was a wrestler, despite it being entertainment, gives him some basic skills. Growing up his size, its unlikely he doesnt have knowledge of his advantage over most people. Also, Brock is 150 pounds lighter then Andre. I also would not call Brock terribly skilled. He is about the best example you can get. He is a giant man who generally just bull rushes his opponents. He has actual wrestling background, but so have the people he has fought. His size is what won him most of those fights. When he went up against people as big as he was, he generally lost.

Fights can usually go either way given skill. Anyone can knock anyone out in the right circumstances. Except when you literally cannot reach the opponents head. At all. Kareem is about the same height as Andre, and look at the pictures from that movie. His arms are longer then Bruces legs. The amount of extension he needs to kick that high is crazy. He basically has to go completely vertical with his kick, meaning he would have to be standing less then a foot away from Andre, and Andre has to be standing still not doing anything for that to even occur.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andre wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aristeaus: Brock has numerous awards in his UFC career and its against skilled opponents. Remember he was the heavyweight champion at one point.

Bruce does not need to reach his head when he can be easily destroy his opponents knees before he can react. Once Andre can no longer he gets hit with punches and kicks with the power of a 350 pound man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those of you who don't understand just how amazing some of these martial arts strikes are, peep my man Ben Foster, dude would kick a man's head clean off and he's probably 170 at most skip to 5:56

https://youtu.be/BVqMizbeBMc

GuildSeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GuildSeal

So I'm assuming all those who say size/weight matter with skilled fighters know more about fighting than Tyson? Know more about fighting than Mayweather, who said the same thing that weight/height doesn't win fights. I'm also assuming you ignored my example of a smaller guy outfighting a bigger guy. If you're going to claim size/weight completely outshines the difference in skill, please prove it.

Loading Video...

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Andre ragdolls him.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Stalin-Is-Steel

Andre's pretty strong, actually. Being able to pick up Schwarzenegger (who's already a massive dude in his prime) with no problems means that if he gets his hands on Lee, it's all over for him.

Size does matter in MMA fights, actually. Boxing is a completely different ball game to it, so any comparisons are of little significance here.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HeroUp2112

There's almost never a "THIS is what's going to happen in a fight", but in some instances, given enough factors you can sometimes deduce what's PROBABLY going to happen in a fight.

Given the rules, the arena, the physical characteristics, fighting styles, and experience of the fighters here it should give us a pretty decent idea of how this might play out.

This seems to be general MMA rules (though I don't understand no eye gouging or groin attacks in a death match) but they still leave joint strikes open for Lee to attack Andre's knees (the chances of him doing any kind of arm bars, or other take downs, chokes, or submissions is pretty much nil). The only tactic I can see working for Lee is to move, move, move, and MOVE...wear Andre out, jump in and out to strike at the Giants knees when good, SOLID opportunities present themselves. Avoid the bull rushes and arm sweeps that Andre are SURE to launch at him (with Lee's speed this should be entirely doable, if not always easy). If Andre gets even ONE hand on Lee, it's probably over...not 100% sure, but I'd say 90%).

As strong, and powerful as Lee's blows were, they still have to obey the laws of physics. Force equals mass times acceleration. He was a MASTER at getting every bit of mass into the acceleration of his blows, BUT he only had so much mass to put into them. Andre had much, MUCH more mass to absorb the blows, and much of it muscle. This translates into the Giant having more room for error.

Prediction: If Lee can successfully keep moving, attacking the knees, and wearing Andre out until the Giant is ON his knees so that Lee can KEEP dancing around and attacking his head and exhausting Andre until he finally does enough damage to his head to take him out WITHOUT tiring so much himself that he eventually gets grabbed, broken, and crushed, I think he has about a 20-30% chance of pulling this off. Patience, and precision will need to be his guiding star.

If Andre can successfully press the attack, use his wide reach and girth to swarm lee, box him into corners, never relent and make Lee falter or misstep for an instant so that he can be grabbed hold of and broken and crushed fairly early...or Andre can hold himself together and grab Lee later on even after Andre has taken damage himself and finish Lee...Andre has about a 70-80% chance of winning, it will take a lot...a LOT to put him down. Time, massive size and strength difference are on his side.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheSerbianEmpire

Bruce could do some damage, People are capable of far more than they realize,

espechially in a life or death situation. That being said Andre would manhandle and crush him once he gets hold.

Edit: I find it funny that People think Foreman would lose to Lee, but not Andre.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Ah allows me to post this picture again:

No Caption Provided

HisGreatEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of guys here seem to think that size matters, even woman will tell you how false that is.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if bruce lee has a weapon, he wins

if not he gets shit on. he weighs like 1/3 of andre

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce lee is an actor not a fighter he has nothing ti confirm he is any stronger then your average joe

Andre sits on him

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_gaea: Bruce lee has no feats of fighting real professionals he is a fraud

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bruce could send a 300+lb bag flying, his speed and power would definitely beat down Andre who would not even have a chance to hit Bruce.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jooosh1996: @tedirey:Proof that he did this or that the bag was that heavy.Bruce has no real combat feats he was a actor and one of the biggest frauds the planets ever seen

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By brucerogers

People who think Bruce Lee is going to just dance around him like he is Spider-man or something are spending way too much time on the battle forums.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People who think Bruce is just an actor should do some research, not to mention it only takes one side step and a knee strike to bring Andre to his knees. The man has the striking power of a 350 man not to mention the world record for 6 kicks in a second.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewguysnm1: he won a professional Chinese boxing championship with zero training

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch. Andre has the strength to literally rip lee apart.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jooosh1996: @tedirey:Shoe me some feats,Documentaries don't tell me jack.Show me him fighting a high level trained athlete in a real non scripted fight cuz i'm pretty sure that fight does not exist

He is a actor and one of the best at that

Also don't insult me you have no idea what i am.

Who is Jackman?

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewguysnm1: he won a professional Chinese boxing championship with zero training

Can i have the video of his fights.

That does not help him hit vitals.

Andre is to big he would literally sit on him

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viper vs the mountain. Viper anyday. Of course it the mountain gets a hold of him it's over, but with the speed and skills of Bruce Definitely Bruce.

On another note. Let's just debate this like DC fans...

Andre is a freaking statue, Bruce is wayyyyy to fast Auto speed blitz win for Bruce....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I do like that people think Lee is just going to go in and hit Andre where it hurts... like it's not as if Andre actually had arms that were about as long if not longer than Lee's legs or that a small (both in height and weight) guy like Lee wouldn't be seeing stars if Andre simply slapped him.

Like here is another gem, with the great Muhammad Ail measuring his hand against Andre's:

No Caption Provided

With a guy that big, getting slapped would be the same as being hit over the head with a chopping board.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44 krisbishop  Moderator

So basically The Mountain vs The Red Viper?

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey: Can i have the video

Andre sits on him anyway

Richard Wolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we are using MMA rules where Bruce will have to engage and not just run around in circles.... Andre destroys him. The only chance Bruce would have is for Andre to fall and then kick him in the head like 30 times in a row.

If Andre touches Bruce the fight is over.

Superman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of the above would happen. Bruce Lee was to fast he would hit andre so hard where it hurts the big man wouldn’t see it comzing. Bruce Lee was only 5’7” I don’t think Andre could find him.

Winner goes to Bruce Lee. To fast and to sneaky. He had to slow down his speed in the movies for people to see what he was actually doing.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce is too fast. He'd go for the legs. If Andre is down to his knees, Bruce kicks Andre's head and knocks Andre out for good. Then kills him via neck break.

jonjizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By jonjizz

I think Bruce Lee, my reasoning is that Bruce would be used to fighting bigger guys than him anyway, right? surely he must've sparred with big guys before, so one hit from them is just as lethal to him as one hit from Andre, the difference is that a 6'3 guy(1,92m) for example would be much faster than Andre, and much more capable of explosive speed movements. (therefore more dangerous)

Andre got the range advantage for sure, but i think Bruce is fast/smart enough to avoid him. Honestly Bruce Lee would get overpowered by most people that are much larger than him anyway, the whole point about him and his fighting style, is that he should be fast enough to run laps around them, so MUCH faster than normal, but also skilled and powerful enough to hurt anyone (there are pressure points and weak points that someone like Bruce Lee should know how to target in a real fight).

I wouldn't bet on it, but this is why i'm inclined to say Lee.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard_wolfe: MMA fighters avoid stuff like that all the time. When a striker fights a grappler plus there is no ref