Brotherhood of Evil Mutants vs Justice League

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

OK, so this is more or less a version of the early Brotherhood of Evil Mutants vs the New 52 Justice League.

The original Brotherhood's membership is slightly altered: it includes Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Mastermind, Toad, Blob, and Unus the Untouchable.

The Justice League is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal), Cyborg, Aquaman, and Flash (Barry).

Magneto
Magneto
Scarlet Witch
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Quicksilver
Mastermind
Mastermind
Toad
Toad
Blob
Blob
Unus
Unus
Superman
Superman
Batman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Hal)
Green Lantern (Hal)
Cyborg
Cyborg
Aquaman
Aquaman
Flash
Flash

While this is an early Brotherhood team roster, the members are mostly at their current levels:

--Magneto, Quicksilver, and Toad are current.

--Scarlet Witch is as she appears in Children's Crusade (at least this is my guess at her power level in CC): she has her magical abilities plus her hex power. She does NOT have her HOM power level.

--Unus has his original power set from before his first death.

--Mastermind is at his most powerful from when he was alive.

--Blob has his normal power set.

Since the Justice League comic has not been out for long, we may have to speculate a bit on their power levels. You can use any feats or infer any abilities from either the Justice League comic or their individual comics. In the case of Cyborg, who I think hasn't appeared yet, use his Flashpoint power levels.

No initial speedblitzing. The Brotherhood has time to put up whatever shields they want ahead of time.

The Brotherhood has a basic knowledge of the Justice League. The Justice League does not have any information about the Brotherhood.

Morals off for the Brotherhood, and morals on for the Justice League.

The fight takes place in the middle of Metropolis. Fight begins at 50'.

Win through death, KO, or incapacitation.

[Blob's powers edited; Brotherhood shield situation edited]

Rainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Rainy

Flash still wins.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Haha current Blob...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren

@texasdeathmatch said:

Haha current Blob...

LOL

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Rainy said:

Flash still wins.

I was about to say, there's no initial speedblitz, but Flash could just speedblitz the next second.
thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By thanobomb1124

How would flash get near unus? I dont think he'll solo this team?

babylinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By babylinkz

team one loses unless this is crazy wanada

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Flash waits 0.0005 seconds...then speed blitz to victory

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By owie  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch: @CitizenBane: Oops, didn't know Blob had been depowered. Ok, OP is now edited for classic Blob

I was about to say, there's no initial speedblitz, but Flash could just speedblitz the next second.

@The Stegman said:

Flash waits 0.0005 seconds...then speed blitz to victory

OK, my bad I guess. What I meant there was that with PIS on for Flash, then he could only use speedblitzing to the degree he does in comics. But since that's subjective, I will just do OP edit #2, and now the Brotherhood has time to get their shields up ahead of time. Which I assume means Magneto and probably Scarlet Witch put something up around everyone on their team, at least until they spread out for the attack.

Alrighty, let's start this all over again...

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Owie: This is a cool idea but might be impossible to make it actually balanced.
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By owie  Moderator

@texasdeathmatch said:

@Owie: This is a cool idea but might be impossible to make it actually balanced.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not sure myself. I think Magneto, Scarlet Witch, and Mastermind can do a lot of damage, especially using SW's magic against Supes. Green Lantern can counteract some of what they can do though. Toad and Quicksilver are obviously toast. But whether the Brotherhood has a long-term chance of winning I don't know. There's a lot of variables; how do you take SW's hex powers into account? I think it also partly depends on how effective Mastermind would be against the League. Only Diana and maybe Hal are supposed to be psi-resistant, right? Blob they could BFR; I'm not sure what they'd do against Unus. He can even repel telepathy so he could repel Hal's rings' energy.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By madrid_san

how well can those JL members block out illusions? He can possibly make them fight each other? Would Flash be able to hit Unus? Magneto kills cyborg and batman in a nano-second at least.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By owie  Moderator

@madrid_san said:

how well can those JL members block out illusions? He can possibly make them fight each other? Would Flash be able to hit Unus? Magneto kills cyborg and batman in a nano-second at least.

True, I wasn't even thinking about Magneto and Cyborg; Cyborg is toast.

Do you think Magneto can control Hal's ring? Is it metal? If so, Batman took it off Hal in JL#1, so Mags could potentially do that as well.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nickthedevil

@Owie: well somewhere it was said he could bend light with his magnetic powers... and isn't lantern power light?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By owie  Moderator

@nickthedevil said:

@Owie: well somewhere it was said he could bend light with his magnetic powers... and isn't lantern power light?

Yes, that's true, he can. Mags has a lot of rarely used powers. I have scans of him traveling via an astral form, controlling minds, flying through space unaided...

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By owie  Moderator

OK, I'm going to posit a scenario here.

Magneto and Scarlet Witch start off by placing shields around their entire group. These shields may or may not be durable enough to stop the JL's best attacks forever, but I don't think they'll need to for very long.

The Justice League can't do much to them while their shields are up. Their best bet is for Hal to try to drain the energy from their shields. That may take a while, since they can constantly replenish their energy. Also, as pointed out above, Magneto may be able to affect GL's ring energy.

Meanwhile, Mags crushes Cyborg to death and rips out all the metal in Batman's utility belt/gauntlets etc. and stabs it through his body, killing him.

Scarlet Witch uses her hex power on GL, the effect of which is impossible to predict, but since it messes up whatever the person is trying to do, I'm going to say loosens his feel on the ring. Mags pulls off the ring, then kills GL with nearby metal.

Mastermind uses his powers to create an illusion in the minds of the rest of the League who are susceptible: Superman, Flash, and Aquaman. They now all think that each of the rest of them are the enemy, and try to attack each other. Please remember that Mastermind's illusions are powerful enough to affect Xavier, Jean, and Rachel for a significant amount of time. Wonder is an asterisk here: she was at one time immune to illusions, but who knows whether she is now. Let's just assume she is immune to the illusions. So she is unaffected, but certainly confused by what the others are doing and trying to break them up from fighting.

All this takes a bit of time to read and write, but they can do it pretty much simultaneously, while the League can basically do nothing, except for Hal, who I think loses the previous combined efforts from Magneto and Scarlet Witch. Especially since I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that in the New 52 he is not as powerful as before, having a weaker ring given to him by Sinestro I believe?

Magneto now opens their shields, letting Quicksilver, Toad, Unus, and Blob out on their own. The League is busy fighting each other, and these Brotherhood members try to help out. Flash is too fast for them, and Superman and Wonder Woman are too durable for them to be able to do anything to them. So they focus their attacks on Aquaman. Wonder Woman realizes they're out and attacks them. Toad is immediately KO'd, and Quicksilver soon after. Blob and Unus are another matter. She can probably take out Blob eventually, but with some effort, probably eventually resorting to her lasso. But Unus will harder to take down; her lasso won't work on him, he can repel it. Her speed doesn't help much here. Between Blob and Unus, I think they manage to take out Aquaman, who is still under Mastermind's illusions and trying to attack Supes and Flash and WW, before they themselves are taken out by WW. Maybe this is giving them a little too much credit, but at least they manage to do some damage.

Meanwhile, Scarlet Witch is using magical attacks on Superman, and Magneto is attacking Aquaman (if alive) and Wonder Woman. He tries to fling her around using her headband and bracelets, smashing her into stuff, and more boringly tries to stab Aquaman with random metal. This may not be enough to really hurt him or her much, but adds to the damage they are doing to each other, under Mastermind's illusions. Scarlet Witch may be more effective against Superman, and I think could eventually take him out via soem kind of binding spell, etc.

Scarlet Witch throws a hex bolt at Flash, tripping him up or slowing him down in some way, enough for Mags to jab him to death with random metal as well.

So now we have: Magneto, Scarlet Witch, and Mastermind, all still under shields. Superman and Aquaman under Mastermind's illusions. Superman is also probably bound or highly weakened by SW's spells. Aquaman is also weakened or KO'd by a combo of Magneto, Unus, and Blob. Wonder Woman is free of illusions, but is now being attacked by the other Leaguers because of the illusions, plus attacks from SW and Mags. I think this may be enough to take her out.

Some of this scenario would work. Some is up in the air, but still likely/possible I think. The parts I am most unsure of are whether Magneto and SW are capable of actually hurting Superman, Aquaman, and WW. I think they could take Superman out of the equation through magic. Aquaman could eventually be taken out, I think. The final problem is Wonder Woman. Can they take her out? Possibly only through having the illusioned Leaguers attack her.

One final thing I just thought about--if Mags takes GL's ring, I suppose he could use it?

Anyway, that's what I was thinking. Mastermind is a key person here. I don't see what any Justice Leaguer can do against him if he's shielded. Once he steps into the fray, the rest of them are too busy to deal with much else.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nightcrawler23

I think, despite the fact that one is faster than the other. Quicksilver and Flash other out. Cyborg will die in a hilarious manner, just because he's up against mags. Batman, too. His utility belt has alot of stuff for mags to play with. Unus and mastermind and quickly solo'd by anyone. It comes down, in the end, to a worn out mags, and barely interested supes. Dc wins barely.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ssejllenrad

Morals on for new 52 JLA? Meaning they're still douches? Nyahahaha!

Avatar image for clevelandshero23
clevelandshero23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By clevelandshero23

I honestly do not know this is a good fight can go either way

ConvenientLie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think, despite the fact that one is faster than the other. Quicksilver and Flash other out. Cyborg will die in a hilarious manner, just because he's up against mags. Batman, too. His utility belt has alot of stuff for mags to play with. Unus and mastermind and quickly solo'd by anyone. It comes down, in the end, to a worn out mags, and barely interested supes. Dc wins barely.

LMAO...you wish

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brotherhood, with this setup