Broly vs Toriko

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bossmountain:

But he didn't though he survive it and again already point out the example where he basically swam through his Kamehameha like it was nothing when he fought hit. An example where he tanked his Kamehameha in the anime without breaking a sweat so you really are just nitpicking that one instance where I have multiple instances showing that he was fine.

So you've given one example where he "swims through his Kamehameha" and now you think that suddenly detracts from the other examples of split durability I've given? Goku's Kamehameha attacks nearly killing him only furthers my point, seeing how well he's been shown to shrug off physical attacks from even stronger characters than himself. The bottom line is, I've shown examples of split durability in DB as well as other fictional series'. Broly's own physical durability feats disagree with him being able to withstand Toriko's punches.

And again these attacks are still relative to his strained pickled in just pick up a point stick or a spear and stab them.

The attacks being relative to each other has no relevance. The results against each respective target are certainly not.

If it wasn't it would just bounce right off of him like when Super Buu try to use the special beam cannon on ultimate Gohan. So no not necessarily.

Not only did this never happen outside of a filler scene, but the example makes zero logical sense. Piccolo's power was inferior to Raditz'. Even with his Special Beam Cannon, which is multiple times stronger than his standard power. Bootenks was already stronger than Ultimate Gohan without the SPC. What makes you think this is a good example?

and again you're examples were all piercing energy attack you haven't provided a single instance where a blunt physical non ki attack actually did more damage. So no hitting him with blunt physical force that is massively massively weaker than the force be seen him with withstand is not an effective way to take him down. No doesn't make any logical sense that it would.

My examples show a disparity in damage dealt through specific attacks - proving split durability is a thing. However, you've failed to provide physical durability feats for Broly upon repeated requests, so as it stands, my original claim regarding the outcome of the battle remains factual based on provided feats.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: also I read the tread I disagree with blunt-force durability or explosive force durability logic. It's like saying that a character that survived a grenade to the face should still be one shotted by a rubber balloon to the face. Because we never see him withstand the blunt force of a rubber balloon and only the explosive force of a grenade.

What you disagree with isn't my concern. Especially when you think CV should adhere to VS. Battle Wiki's standards when we're a completely different forum. The point of linking the thread was to show that other people have used that logic before, since you claimed you haven't seen anyone other than myself use it.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: "What you disagree with isn't my concern. Especially when you think CV should adhere to VS. Battle Wiki's standards when we're a completely different forum. The point of linking the thread was to show that other people have used that logic before, since you claimed you haven't seen anyone other than myself use it."

And yet you've totally debate at the hakai doesn't count as atomic destruction because of a tread on vs Wiki even a forum on this site clearly said it does!! hypocrite much?

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@bossmountain: No, I just know existence erasure is a different form of hax than matter manipulation. No VS. Battle Wiki required. That's just obvious. Also, if you want to go that route, you've taken majority opinion on VS. Battle Wiki threads as fact. Yet you disagree with majority opinion when it goes against your own beliefs. Only hypocrite here is you, good man.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: "So you've given one example where he "swims through his Kamehameha"

and the example any anime that's actually more than you did. which actually makes it the more consistent showing.

"My examples show a disparity in damage dealt through specific attacks - proving split durability is a thing. "

It is a thing like on a cellular or molecular level or from piercing or cutting but you're still using terrible logic. right now you're basically saying that a bomb shelter that was took the force of two nukes would fall to a tin bat because lol blunt-force durability. even though blunt force and explosive for you goes off the exact same units of measurement and many comic books and amazing video games youth explosive force to measure the force of a characters punch.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain:

and the example any anime that's actually more than you did. which actually makes it the more consistent showing.

Demonstrably false. I've given a few examples to your one.

It is a thing like on a cellular or molecular level or from piercing or cutting but you're still using terrible logic. right now you're basically saying that a bomb shelter that was took the force of two nukes would fall to a tin bat because lol blunt-force durability. even though blunt force and explosive for you goes off the exact same units of measurement and many comic books and amazing video games youth explosive force to measure the force of a characters punch.

That isn't split durability... That's ignoring conventional durability. Like I said before, you clearly have no feats to show for Broly. This discussion is meaningless, as I already know you enjoy rambling on for pages without making progress. I've debunked the points you've raised yet again, so there's no need to further indulge this.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: dude don't start this buddy you clearly disregards treads on this site when it suits you. When this website says that the hakai count as atomic manipulation and therefore Goku should be able to withstand say Seiya Atomic manipulation you cried bullshit and ignore it. I obviously don't agree with everything this site says and from the looks of it neither do you

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: dude don't start this buddy you clearly disregards treads on this site when it suits you. When this website says that the hakai count as atomic manipulation and therefore Goku should be able to withstand say Seiya Atomic manipulation you cried bullshit and ignore it. I obviously don't agree with everything this site says and from the looks of it neither do you

Unproven nonsense as usual. I've never based my argument on majority opinion in the first place, so that's a false equivalence. You on the other hand have, but only when it seems to suit you.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: you've given me one example of Goku be injured from his own ki attacks I've given you two examples of him taking it with no difficulty.

"That isn't split durability... That's ignoring conventional durability. Like I said before, you clearly have no feats to show for Broly. This discussion is meaningless, as I already know you enjoy rambling on for pages without making progress. I've debunked the points you've raised yet again, so there's no need to further indulge this"

You haven't debunk anything nor have you actually proven that Toriko stands a chance.Thinking that hitting Broly with blunt force massively below the force we seen him tank would be effective is retarded both blunt force and explosions are measured in kinetic energy released they go by the exact same measurements. If something is strong enough to withstand a kiloton blast and being punch with a few joules of energy shouldn't matter.

I don't feel like I have to prove to his physical durabilities and part was energy durability because it just no reason for them not to be.

Also the video they were in the explosion in flying away afterwards nothing suggests the outrun the explosion especially when people on this very thread argue they're only going at 2 km an hour.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain: Keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile, the feats speak for themselves or in your case, the absence of feats.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: "Unproven nonsense as usual. I've never based my argument on majority opinion in the first place, so that's a false equivalence. You on the other hand have, but only when it seems to suit you."

that's b******* and you know it the whole argument for why I should accept this split durability is because some of the people on this site thinks is right.

"That isn't split durability... That's ignoring conventional durability."

also yes you are ignoring conventional durability Broly has with stand and released far more kinetic energy then Toriko has ever had in his entire lifetime. But you're saying Toriko should win because he he's a failure at projecting said energy and has to rely on kinetic linking.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: yeah you provided no feats that prove he's Beyond Continental honestly saitama seem stronger.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain: Like I said, keep spewing your unbacked drivel if you so choose. Just do it to someone who's interested in debunking you for pages on end.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: yeah the feats do speak for themselves I've shown you a video of Broly bursting a Galaxy and surviving a planet with 10 times or mass exploding and you show Toriko slapping someone across a few continents and claiming that he stronger because he can't use Ki..

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain: Yet you've failed to show what I asked for. Shocking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
deactivated-5b728068f211c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toriko still stomps Broly.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: because it's irrelevant Broly has tank more joules of energy as a baby than Toriko can ever hope to released in his entire lifetime. You can try to Nick take this until the cows come home Toriko is massively inferior when it comes to attacking power he cannot harm Broly period, Broly attack potency and durability are far above them and in terms of speed they're comparable Broly maybe faster.

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:SomebodyData/Toeiverse_-_SSJ_Broly_Goes_Shopping

you know base Cloud Strife is also Continental with his sword slashes too I guess he must beat Broly to then right, that split durability, right? and can totally and can totally take on jiren just like Toriko.lol

because all you need to beat DBZ characters is Continental attack potency a blade or a blunt object.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain: Yeah, it's "irrelevant" because you can't prove it. Meanwhile, I've clearly demonstrated split durability in DB using a couple of different examples. Toriko has demonstrated faster combat speed and superior physicals. You've failed to provide a counter to Ultimate Routine or Knocking as well. At this point, it's clear you're just desperate for my attention.

>still linking VS. Battle Wiki

Cool story.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: yes you definitely demonstrated split durability with ki attacks and physical attacks when all your examples are ki attacks and not physical. So no you haven't proven that there's a split durability when it comes to blunt-force since none of your examples have anything to do with blunt force. it doesn't explain why torkos blunt-force would somehow overcome their ki defenses

"Toriko has demonstrated faster combat speed"

Except no he hasn't.

" You've failed to provide a counter to Ultimate Routine or Knocking as well. At this point, it's clear you're just desperate for my attention"

you haven't provided any evidence for your case yet either. you haven't proven why he would even last 30 seconds right now it seems like your argument that any Chump with a blunt instrument or a knife can to somehow go toe-to-toe with the top tier of DBZ or DBS despite being below planetary.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain: Except my examples have included physical attacks. It's sad enough that you're unable to prove Broly's durability to physical attacks. Don't make it that much sadder by blatantly lying.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: "Except my examples have included physical attacks."

Like what? I mean if you made it so clear you have no problem naming off a few examples.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@bossmountain: Yeah, I'll keep posting examples while you continuously fail to prove Broly's physical durability. Keep dreaming.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: yeah the reason why you're not posting it cuz you don't got anything you examples were all ki attack like special beam cannon in the Kamehameha almost nothing if it pertains to blunt force. Or why should be treated differently than ki attacks.

You logic is unsound. If what you're saying is true which is most likely not. Any weakling with Continental level attack potency wielding a sword or a bat should be able to make it to the god tiers of Dragon Ball z lol. Because "they have more physical showing" Scott pilgrim vs Super Buy. When.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@bossmountain: The reason I'm not posting it is because I already have (post #193). Toriko's physicals are well above continental and outshine anyone prior to DBS by clear-cut feats. All the mental gymnastics in the world won't change that.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: Broly's durability is the same regardless if it's energy or physical. There's not much difference. It's all kinetic force unless the attack is specifically different, like Krillin's kienzan. And we all saw how much that didn't work against Cell.

Loading Video...

And Broly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cell

And we already know that planet-level doesn't even tickle Future Trunks, even when he first appeared.

Loading Video...

Every attack against Broly failed utterly that wasn't a Plot-Device, regardless of whether it was ki based or physical. Nothing affected him.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: "Considering a Goku with a PL of 300-400 can withstand Raditz physical strikes easily, and even survive his explosive Ki blasts, this is a perfect example of different types of attacks having different results. No getting around it."

Goku surviving strikes and ki blast from a guu barely 4 times his strength doesn't prove there is different in physical and ki durability. Also ki attack have different effects fall is the no duh category. And doesn't prove you point about blunt attacks.

He has 1 continental attacking feat and 1 multi continental durability feat.....

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai:

Broly's durability is the same regardless if it's energy or physical. There's not much difference. It's all kinetic force unless the attack is specifically different, like Krillin's kienzan. And we all saw how much that didn't work against Cell.

How is Krillin's Kienzan specifically different? It's a cutting attack as opposed to an explosive Ki blast. For example, we've seen how useless the latter is against 2nd Form Freeza when coming from someone as powerful as Vegeta:

https://imgur.com/a/iOfzVF7

And how effective the former is, despite coming from a much weaker character:

https://imgur.com/a/uMXq16i

The Cell and Trunks examples you posted aren't in the manga. I could re-post the other examples of different kinds of attacks causing different amounts of damage, but that isn't necessary. Just refer to the previous page.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain: Yet Goku almost dies from his own Kamehameha and falls to a piercing attack from Piccolo - both lower than the difference between him and Raditz. Proves my point just fine, really.

Toriko's planet is much bigger than Earth... Might want to brush up on the series you're debating against in the future. Not that continental physicals aren't more than enough given what's been posted for Broly's physical durability so far. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Bossmountain

@reikai: Thanks, I can't believe how hard it is find someone that doesn't think continent busting >>>>>>>>Galaxy Busting. I guess The writers were trying to hard havind Goku and beerus shake the universe. They should have punch each other across the planet a few times. It would have blown their minds

Zokologue3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Zokologue3

@bossmountain said:

@zokologue3: "-it was never stated that it took him 30 years to land on a planet"

Good since I never said that. I said it took him 30 years to travel across the Galaxy destroying it. Then again it could have happened a lot faster.

Again, it was never stated, in the original version that the galaxy was destroyed.

"-It was never stated that he travelled from a planet to another. So unaccepted."

so you're saying they just floated there in a bubble for some unknown amount of time

Nope, i said "don't assume things ". In dragon ball we've seen planets that very close to each others and we've seen how "fast" he was travelling with his ki bubble that's far away from being lightspeed.

"-The galaxy disappearing is part of the opening sequence. The galaxy wasn't destroyed since they travelled there to meet the legendary super saiyan. Duh"

This is wrong as f***. 1.) Saying that we just dismiss the feat because it was shown at the beginning of the movie is retarded. 2.)the majority of South Galaxy was indeed destroy. The few stars in Planet remaining doesn't prove that it's not.

It was a narrative sequence, goku travelled to several planets from several solar systems from the southern galaxy to inspect them. So no, the galaxy wasn't destroyed.

3.)Actually it was never stated which Galaxy they fought Broly in

Watch the damn movie first before debating about it. King kai told goku to go search for broly who was in the southern galaxy before he decides to go ravage the north.

Also, goku went inspecting the "destroyed" planet of the southern galaxy which proves that it wasn't destroyed

"We've seen in the video how fast he was travelling. 2km/H. The speed of light is almost 300 000 km/Second"

Yes...they was flying 2 kilometers an hour.... you have any idea how big a planet is and how ridiculous it would be for them to fly away from a that fast at that speed in space?

That's your speculation.

What we've seen> Fan speculation

"-In the dub version, it was stated that the southern galaxy has been destroyed while in the original version it was stated that southern galaxy was under saiyan attack"

And as we all know if something is under attack it means that it's impossible for it to be destroyed after said attack.

The dub said "It was destroyed". The sub said "It was under attack". There is a big difference. We didn't any destroyed planet. Goku went inspecting those said planets and all we've seen is uninhabited planets.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just leave these here then:

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zokologue3: "Again, it was never stated, in the original version that the galaxy was destroyed"

Except we see it clear as day.

"What we've seen> Fan speculation"

"It was a narrative sequence, goku travelled to several planets from the southern galaxy to inspect them. So no, the galaxy wasn't destroyed."

You have no idea how big a galaxy is do you?

An average size would have 100 billion solar systems. Even if you destroy 99.9% that still 100 million solar system intact. Seeing a handful of planets doesn't prove it wasn't destroy.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

How is Krillin's Kienzan specifically different? It's a cutting attack as opposed to an explosive Ki blast. For example, we've seen how useless the latter is against 2nd Form Freeza when coming from someone as powerful as Vegeta:

You just answered your own question, genius. Because Kienzan is a cutting attack, it works the most effectively, even against stronger opponents. Hence the reason why Vegeta warned Nappa to avoid it, and why Vegeta copied it in order to cut off Gohan's tail, and it worked on Freeza's tail because he was surprised.

The Cell and Trunks examples you posted aren't in the manga. I could re-post the other examples of different kinds of attacks causing different amounts of damage, but that isn't necessary. Just refer to the previous page.

And I can point to the manga where Freeza punts a planet-busting beam into space, courtesy of Vegeta. Without even trying. At 5% of his power. And that was in the manga. Not that the manga makes that much difference since the movies were made with the Anime in mind, not the manga.

Loading Video...

Yet Goku almost dies from his own Kamehameha and falls to a piercing attack from Piccolo - both lower than the difference between him and Raditz. Proves my point just fine, really.

It doesn't prove anything. Piccolo's attack was a Piercing attack, which changes the Nature of the attack, and it was a Surprise Attack after Goku let down his guard. Which is the same reasoning using in RoF for how Sorbet was able to hurt Goku with his beam ring.

Toriko's planet is much bigger than Earth... Might want to brush up on the series you're debating against in the future. Not that continental physicals aren't more than enough given what's been posted for Broly's physical durability so far. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And Namek is several times bigger than Earth with Planet Vegeta being many times denser than the Earth with people calculating that the energy required to destroy it is equivalent to small star-busting. So really, your argument is still moot and utterly pointless in the face of Broly nuking galaxies while in a Restrained state.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: "How is Krillin's Kienzan specifically different? "

Because according to the guide it can cut through anything and ignore conventional durability. Which is a property unique to itself.

Point is what causes damage is the kinetic energy unleashed by an attack. Ki physical it doesn't matter they all release kinetic energy on impact. The Kinetic energy Toriko unleashed while punching is tiny compared to what we see Broly tanked as an infantAnd compared to what Broly can dish out. And it don't doesn't matter if he can project this energy in conclusive blast or not it's too weak to do shit.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@reikai:

You just answered your own question, genius. Because Kienzan is a cutting attack, it works the most effectively, even against stronger opponents.

Let's recap: You stated Broly's durability is the same regardless of whether the damage is energy or physical, barring "different attacks like Kienzan". Cutting attacks still work by dealing physical damage - the point of impact is simply smaller than it would be through a regular punch or kick. This is why it's more effective. If this is too complicated, we can try slowing it down a bit.

Hence the reason why Vegeta warned Nappa to avoid it, and why Vegeta copied it in order to cut off Gohan's tail

Vegeta was going to rip Gohan's tail off with his own strength prior to Gohan hitting him on the head:

https://imgur.com/a/wiuVmKx

and it worked on Freeza's tail because he was surprised.

He was caught by surprise when Vegeta blasted him too, or did you forget to read the scans?

And I can point to the manga where Freeza punts a planet-busting beam into space, courtesy of Vegeta. Without even trying. At 5% of his power. And that was in the manga. Not that the manga makes that much difference since the movies were made with the Anime in mind, not the manga.

Unless you can show what the force behind the Ki blast was and establish a correlation between that and the destructive output of the explosion, it's about as impressive as kicking a grenade away before it detonates:

https://imgur.com/a/DcEFcP8

The movies take place in a separate dimension from the main story. They aren't related to the anime or manga.

It doesn't prove anything. Piccolo's attack was a Piercing attack, which changes the Nature of the attack, and it was a Surprise Attack after Goku let down his guard. Which is the same reasoning using in RoF for how Sorbet was able to hurt Goku with his beam ring.

Which is precisely my point. Piercing/physical/energy durability aren't equivalent. Piccolo's SBC against Goku wasn't a surprise attack. I don't know what you're talking about and I'm not sure you do either... The "surprise attack" argument only works when Goku gets cocky and lowers his energy levels. It's not that any random surprise attack will damage him regardless of whether he's powered up or not. He's tanked piercing attacks back in part 1 Dragon Ball while being caught by surprise:

https://imgur.com/a/GEDcSsn

And Namek is several times bigger than Earth with Planet Vegeta being many times denser than the Earth with people calculating that the energy required to destroy it is equivalent to small star-busting. So really, your argument is still moot and utterly pointless in the face of Broly nuking galaxies while in a Restrained state.

Except Namek's size and Vegeta's density were never stated in the source material, nor did anyone cause significant damage to either planet via their physical strikes - that's what we're discussing here. My argument holds up fine if all you're bringing to the table is a rather silly attempt at equating physical durability to energy durability. It doesn't change the fact that Toriko's combat speed is demonstrably superior to Broly's, along with his physical feats.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain: Show me the guidebook that states it can cut through anything. You've yet to prove Broly tanked anything at all as an infant. If he did, it would be related to energy durability, not physical.

Zokologue3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zokologue3: "Again, it was never stated, in the original version that the galaxy was destroyed"

Again, It was part of the narration since goku travelled to several planets from several solar systems across the southern galaxy

"What we've seen> Fan speculation"

"It was a narrative sequence, goku travelled to several planets from the southern galaxy to inspect them. So no, the galaxy wasn't destroyed."

You have no idea how big a galaxy is do you?

An average size would have 100 billion solar systems. Even if you destroy 99.9% that still 100 million solar system intact. Seeing a handful of planets doesn't prove it wasn't destroy.

So the galaxy wasn't destroyed, you agree with that?

Eeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Eeef

Still Toriko.

Batuxx28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha, i think someone doesnt know ki is used for all, attack, defense, broly10/10.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broly still one-shots the verse.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zokologue3:If I eat a sandwich and there are crumbs on the plate, does that mean I didn't eat the sandwich because there's technically something left?

@thedarkpaladin:

Vegeta was going to rip Gohan's tail off with his own strength prior to Gohan hitting him on the head:

He said he had to cut it off, and Vegeta was struggling to rip it off. It was never said to be impossible to rip it off, just that Vegeta ultimate Cut it off using a copy of Krillin's kienzan, which made it much easier.

Cutting attacks still work by dealing physical damage - the point of impact is simply smaller than it would be through a regular punch or kick. This is why it's more effective. If this is too complicated, we can try slowing it down a bit.

It's not just that the point of impact is smaller, it's that the energy behind it is more focused on a much smaller surface. It's the reason why a razor blade will cut your finger if you press on it and a thimble won't, even if made from the same material. Do you not really understand how Cutting works? Do you just try to use Google Answers and not actually dig into anything?

He was caught by surprise when Vegeta blasted him too, or did you forget to read the scans?

Again, Vegeta used conventional ki blasts against Freeza, not a cutting or piercing kind of attack.

Unless you can show what the force behind the Ki blast was and establish a correlation between that and the destructive output of the explosion, it's about as impressive as kicking a grenade away before it detonates:

The explosion itself indicates the amount of energy behind the attack. Your "grenade" theory is completely meaningless and irrelevant as it's a physical, metal object and requires a chemical reaction to create an explosion. Also Dragon Ball at the time was still operating under a degree of Toon Physics and things didn't start turning away from that until King Piccolo showed up and changed the game. You forget it was the same era where Goku went to the Moon with the Nyoibo and trapped Monster Carrot there with his henchmen.

Which is precisely my point. Piercing/physical/energy durability aren't equivalent. Piccolo's SBC against Goku wasn't a surprise attack.

Loading Video...

Piccolo never used the Makkankosappo against Goku. He killed Raditz and Goku with it, only because Raditz was weakened by Gohan and Piccolo charged up his attack more, and Goku was keeping Raditz restrained.

It's not that any random surprise attack will damage him regardless of whether he's powered up or not. He's tanked piercing attacks back in part 1 Dragon Ball while being caught by surprise:

Those're bullets. And Bullets don't mean crap to the Z-fighters and are largely a joke. Bulma shot'im several times in the First Episode and it didn't do anything. Which just means that bullets don't have enough kinetic energy to do any meaningful damage. Bullets have never been a real threat to them, except when Goku got really careless and soft, and when Bulma created a special Energy Bullet ti try and kill Goku Black.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Broly, his AP is too much for anyone in Toriko verse.

Avatar image for deactivated-6063b97152c69
deactivated-6063b97152c69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah based on the feats given, Toriko more than likely stomps.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

@reikai:

He said he had to cut it off, and Vegeta was struggling to rip it off. It was never said to be impossible to rip it off, just that Vegeta ultimate Cut it off using a copy of Krillin's kienzan, which made it much easier.

Vegeta didn't opt to use his variant of the Kienzan until after Gohan leapt into the air, at which point it would be impractical to try an rip it off with his bare hands.

It's not just that the point of impact is smaller, it's that the energy behind it is more focused on a much smaller surface. It's the reason why a razor blade will cut your finger if you press on it and a thimble won't, even if made from the same material. Do you not really understand how Cutting works? Do you just try to use Google Answers and not actually dig into anything?

...This is essentially reiterating what I said before. Obviously the energy would be more focused if the area of impact is smaller. Substituting a valid point for verbosity won't aid your argument.

Again, Vegeta used conventional ki blasts against Freeza, not a cutting or piercing kind of attack.

Exactly. Proving characters are more susceptible to different kinds of attacks, regardless of power level. Have you bothered to read the conversation at all?

The explosion itself indicates the amount of energy behind the attack. Your "grenade" theory is completely meaningless and irrelevant as it's a physical, metal object and requires a chemical reaction to create an explosion.

You've no way to discern whether the force behind the initial blast has a mutual connection to the destructive output of the explosion. We've witnessed planet level Ki blasts generate explosions no bigger than large houses, yet conversely, characters that aren't even moon level blow up entire mountains casually. An example would be Goku's Spirit Bomb against Freeza: The initial force behind the attack caused no noticeable damage when Freeza attempted to hold it back - he even refers to it as "nothing". It was only after the explosion occurred that received notable injuries and openly confessed that he assumed he was going to die:

https://imgur.com/a/i4EcpGp

Also Dragon Ball at the time was still operating under a degree of Toon Physics and things didn't start turning away from that until King Piccolo showed up and changed the game. You forget it was the same era where Goku went to the Moon with the Nyoibo and trapped Monster Carrot there with his henchmen.

Gag feats and toon logic was hardly an integral part of Dragon Ball's story telling past the first 10-15 chapters during the Pilaf arc. There were a few moments here and there up until the conclusion of the Red Ribbon Army, but they're easily distinguishable. Mercenary Tao's "death" had no relation.

Piccolo never used the Makkankosappo against Goku. He killed Raditz and Goku with it, only because Raditz was weakened by Gohan and Piccolo charged up his attack more, and Goku was keeping Raditz restrained.

What are you on? Piccolo used SBC against both Raditz and Goku when the latter ultimately decided to sacrifice himself in order to guarantee Piccolo a clean hit. Piccolo jumps at the opportunity to kill both Goku along with Raditz. He refers to it as a bonus even:

https://imgur.com/a/c0brLpR

Is this some sorry attempt at nitpicking in place of a compelling argument? You do remember what the argument was, right:

No Caption Provided

There was nothing about that instance that constituted a "surprise attack", unless you're referring to when Goku grabbed Raditz from behind, which would only mean you used a poor choice of words to convey your thoughts, and would still lack any sort of relevance...

Those're bullets. And Bullets don't mean crap to the Z-fighters and are largely a joke. Bulma shot'im several times in the First Episode and it didn't do anything. Which just means that bullets don't have enough kinetic energy to do any meaningful damage. Bullets have never been a real threat to them, except when Goku got really careless and soft, and when Bulma created a special Energy Bullet ti try and kill Goku Black.

Lol... Bullets are piercing attacks, in case you weren't aware. You can say they're a joke to the Z-Fighters, but given recent developments in the story, that seems a tad disingenuous, wouldn't you agree?

No Caption Provided

However, we're veering too far off the main subject. I've asked for proof of Broly's durability to physical attacks, e.g., punches and kicks. I'm honestly not interested in hearing some half-baked reasoning for why you think Broly's susceptibility to physical damage is no different than his susceptibility to energy blasts. I've heard it all before and I remain unconvinced given the consistent showings.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

@bossmountain: Show me the guidebook that states it can cut through anything. You've yet to prove Broly tanked anything at all as an infant. If he did, it would be related to energy durability, not physical.

No Caption Provided

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin:

@thedarkpaladin said:

No Caption Provided

What guide is that taken from? Looks almost like a wiki page. This is what I stumbled across browsing through The Special Attack Dictionary of the Daizenshuu 7:

No Caption Provided

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarkpaladin: Daizenshuu EX http://www.daizex.com/general/tidbits/borrowed_attacks.shtml

made by the same creator of Kanzenshuu before they change and made kanzenchuu.

the guys on kanzenchuu still vouche for it saying it is true :http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27751

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Bossmountain

@zokologue3:

Again, It was part of the narration since goku travelled to several planets from several solar systems across the southern galaxy.

and again your words : What we've seen> Fan speculation. saying that we should go only by visual and ignore head canon while at the same dismissing visual while going by your head canon.

also re thread this the writer for Broly in an interview says he can bust galaxies.

What we've seen>>>>Creator statements>>>>> deviantart fan fiction>>>>>your theories.

So the galaxy wasn't destroyed, you agree with that?

Even if we see it happen and the guy who wrote the movie said it happen it still didn't happen.. this is like krypton wasn't destroyed because of all the pieces of kryptonite laying around!

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain: That's not exactly an official guide book made by Toriyama or members of his team. Doesn't it seem weird that they would even say it can cut through anything while using scenes from the same source that shows it can't?