• 62 results
#51 Edited by God_Spawn (43244 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I’m missing something here, but Broly beat on Goku and Vegeta at SS blue level, forcing them to fuse. And while Broly did hold his own against Gogeta, he was almost killed by him. So to anyone saying Broly is stronger than those two, I don’t know if we watched the same movie or not, but I didn’t see that happening.

Jiren was beating on both Goku and Vegeta in ascended blue form and Ssk20 Goku. It wasn’t until Goku got to MUI that Jiren was finally getting overwhelmed until he broke his own limits, and even then he was still going strong. I can’t say Jiren would have done any better against Gogeta, but the arguments for here Broly aren’t cutting it for me. Jiren did what Broly did against both Goku and Vegeta pre-fusion when they were in stronger forms. And you can’t say Goku or Vegeta would’ve just gone into their strongest forms, which Goku said he can’t use the MUI anymore, and while Vegeta should be able to use the ascended blue form since he willing went in and out of it multiple times and is his own transformation, he still didn’t do it against Broly.

I think Broly is definintely capable of giving Jiren hell, but he sure as hell isnt steamrolling him, nor would Jiren vise versa. And if we use the “well Broly movie is a bit of time after ToP” argument, I don’t think Jiren has been sitting on his ass the whole time too. Maybe overtime, Broly gets the edge up, but from what I’ve seen right now, nah. Jiren has him in a brutal fight.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#52 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5446 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do ppl say this broly has Lssj? The only time that was ever referred to in the movie was to describe being a ssj just in general. I don’t think the proper term for his ssj is lssj, that’s only the old movie

#53 Edited by U_WOT_M8 (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss said:

@u_wot_m8: When Broly fights he barely even knows what’s going on any more. He might even knock himself off while pile driving someone off the arena.

And Broly can’t continously getting stronger. He hit his limit multiple times throughout the movie. His base capped off a bit above ssj level, his rage base capped off around Blue level, and his ssj form capped off a bit above ssj Gogeta level.

That isn't his limit though, SSJ to SSJ FP is just a power up, he always gets stronger and transform as time goes on, he was still getting stronger when fighting SSJB Gogeta, so he will rise in power more and more.

No Caption Provided

"As Broly lands a punch, Gogeta is blown away. But using this to his advantage, the Gogeta who had just gained distance gathers his hands at hip level in preparation for a ki blast stance. In response to that, Broly does the same.

Haaa!!

Gaaa!!

Energy containing the might of a different dimension collides between the two. A flash of light surges as a silent explosion expanded.

The next instant, Gogeta and Broly found themselves within a dimension of swirling strange lights. The boundary of the dimension could not withstand the energy released by them and got torn apart.

Not even bothering with the event that had just happened, Broly charges forward. After a few more exchanges Broly gets blown away by Gogeta's kick, but quickly manages to stop himself mid-air and raise his power as his body begins to shake.

Uuoooooo!!

As Broly releases an explosive ki, his hair begins to glow green. His ki had just shot up even more. However, Gogeta proceeded to charge without wincing. Gogeta lands a punch on Broly's cheek, but all it does is tilt Broly's head."

As explained in the novel, Broly power keeps on going higher

#54 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18460 posts) - - Show Bio

@u_wot_m8: The lines you brought up were from the Broly vs ssj Gogeta fight, Gogeta wasn't even SSB there yet and Broly hadn't reached his full buff form yet. Broly only reached his max power in the SSB Gogeta fight when he did his classic Broly stance.

No Caption Provided

#55 Edited by U_WOT_M8 (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@alextheboss said:

@u_wot_m8: The lines you brought up were from the Broly vs ssj Gogeta fight, Gogeta wasn't even SSB there yet and Broly hadn't reached his full buff form yet. Broly only reached his max power in the SSB Gogeta fight when he did his classic Broly stance.

No Caption Provided

That wasn't his max power though, that was him powering up in FP SSJ. Read the bottom lines

Not even bothering with the event that had just happened, Broly charges forward. After a few more exchanges Broly gets blown away by Gogeta's kick, but quickly manages to stop himself mid-air and raise his power as his body begins to shake.

Uuoooooo!!

As Broly releases an explosive ki, his hair begins to glow green. His ki had just shot up even more. However, Gogeta proceeded to charge without wincing. Gogeta lands a punch on Broly's cheek, but all it does is tilt Broly's head."\

Broly went FP SSJ against SSJ Gogeta, and powered up while taking the stardust breaker

#56 Posted by AlexTheBoss (18460 posts) - - Show Bio

@u_wot_m8: Yeah, the pic I posted was after the stardust breaker I believe. When Gogeta was charging up his final kamehameha Broly was defeated and was piratically just waiting to die. It was never stated he could power up continuously forever, therefore we can't assume he can get any stronger than his max power in this movie.

#57 Posted by U_WOT_M8 (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

@u_wot_m8: Yeah, the pic I posted was after the stardust breaker I believe. When Gogeta was charging up his final kamehameha Broly was defeated and was piratically just waiting to die. It was never stated he could power up continuously forever, therefore we can't assume he can get any stronger than his max power in this movie.

Yeah he got stronger against Gogeta SSJB, and if he hits a limit, he would probably go into another form and start again. Base Broly didn't have a limit, it's that SSJG Vegeta beat him before he can get any stronger, Rage Broly was getting stronger but it's seems he had hit a limit, SSJ didn't hit a limit since it kept on powering up more and more.

#58 Posted by Tetsujin (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Broly's potential is what boggles my mind. It took a SSB Gogeta to finally take him down. But, that was against SSJ1 Broly.

If SSJ1 Broly is THAT powerful, how powerful is he with SSJ2/SSJ3/SSG/SSB?

I mean, hell, would MUI Broly be above Zeno?

#59 Posted by nilok (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Something that also needs to be added is that Broly has crazy insane endurance. He would function much like 17 and 18 during the fight meaning that he wouldn't get as drained as Goku and Vegeta did. The ToP (I see what the Grand Priest did there) could have lasted twice as long and Broly would have still been good to go.

Movie Spoilers

Broly ends up fighting (stomping) Golden Frieza for over an hour in the movie in SSJ form and isn't even winded. Once he was done with Frieza, he goes on to try and hit Whis until Gogeta shows up and their fight begins.

#60 Posted by Koays (11555 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres no way he follows the rules

#61 Posted by josephgomes619 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

If Broly doesn't get disqualified, he clears until he gets to Jiren. Whether he can beat Jiren...I would say 50/50

#62 Posted by finalbeta (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Jiren is too much for Broly but he will give him a great fight I'm sure

#63 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

Jiren kicks him out before Broly gets really strong.