Avatar image for jacthripper
#1 Edited by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

Tunnel of Love Death (Dungeon & PvP)

The dungeon is inside the Cave of Two Lovers, filled with all sorts of enemies from the Avatar-verse. I will be acting as the DM (Dungeon Master for those who aren't true nerds) for the round. Each of the obstacles faced will be scaling in difficulty as the match progresses. You will be responsible for responding to the dungeon's effects within 18 hours of the challenges being posed.

This battlefield may not be altered. Preparations may not be used. Please note that defeating the other team will not end the match, but rather clearing the dungeon. If you fail to clear the dungeon, you all lose. However, after the boss is defeated, the goal becomes elimination. The rewards earned for this match will be according to the approach that you take.

You will begin at opposite ends of the tunnel.

Best of luck to both of you. May the best debater win. Let's Quest!

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Team

  • Blue Beetle (YJ)
  • Link (Toon/Young Composite)

Perks

  • Lady Killers
  • Noble Causes

vs

@defiant_will

No Caption Provided

Team

  • Afro Samurai

Perks

  • Forever Alone
Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#2 Edited by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: Just so I get this right, we essentially have to wait for you to make a post and treat this more like a scenario rather than a CaV (i.e. no direct counter posts and keeping the scans to a minimum) until we reach our opponent, at which point it because a regular debate?

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#3 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: Just so I get this right, we essentially have to wait for you to make a post and treat this more like a scenario rather than a CaV (i.e. no direct counter posts and keeping the scans to a minimum) until we reach our opponent, at which point it because a regular debate?

Just gonna go ahead and bump this.

Avatar image for jacthripper
#4 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for jacthripper
#5 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

And then...

THE FIRE NATION ATTACKS!!!!
THE FIRE NATION ATTACKS!!!!

At opposite sides of the tunnel, you are each attacked by a battalion of Fire Nation Soldiers, there are hundreds of them, and it would be a miracle if you were able to defeat them all. You have the following options.

  • Flee into the Cave of Two Lovers
  • Scale the mountain to escape
  • Fight!
  • Surrender and be taken into custody

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps@defiant_will

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#6 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: I would try roleplaying, but I'm lazy, so I'll try and keep my responses as brief as possible).

Movement 1: High Ground is Best Ground

Season 2, episode 9
Season 2, episode 9

With the air seemingly completely open and wanting to avoid a fight if possible until we get to the big boys, Blue Beetle will quickly grab Link and fly up the mountain. From what I remember, none of the fodder Fire Nation troops in Avatar have any good sniping feats, so being able to tag someone who can go FTE as a low-end showing seems unlikely, even with the added baggage.

Season 2, episode 15
Season 2, episode 15

Actually picking up Link and all his gear shouldn't be an issue, as Beetle was able to pretty effortlessly pick up Mongul with one hand, who both Superboy and Wonder Girl couldn't pick up individually, which I can elaborate on further if needed. This feat is also an early showcase of Jaime's generally best physical showcases, but we'll get to that point when we get to it.

Loading Video...

Link meanwhilst, can shield himself and Jaime using the Hylian Shield he'll have on his back, which can no-sell debris from an active volcano, so even if the fodder have aim feats I'm forgetting, doing any decent damage is nigh-impossible with Link on the scene.

Loading Video...

As they are flying away, Jaime can also use this chance to scan the cave and general vicinity and see who and what is within the area, giving my team a good sense of where to go next.

Tl;DR:

  1. Beetle carries Link into the air and they scale the mountain that way
  2. Link can shield both himself and Beetle with the hylian shield
  3. Beetle scans the are mid-flight to gauge where to go next.
Avatar image for jacthripper
#7 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps:

Within the cave, you detect a variety of life-forms, although you cannot determine their exact nature, they are numerous. On the mountain face there is little, perhaps the odd goat here or there and plenty of insect life. However, as the firebenders uselessly take potshots at you, you note that there isn't much but wilderness. It strikes you as odd that there are this many firebenders here, they must be chasing the avatar or something. Your options

  • Enter the cave
  • Fight
  • Attempt to speak with the Fire Nation Soldiers
Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#8 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper:

as the firebenders uselessly take potshots at you

Just to confirm, I'm not actually taking damage here am I?

Avatar image for jacthripper
#9 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#10 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: (gods i wish the Zelda RT had images instead of video, ah well)

Movement 2: Hit, Steal and Run

With a better idea of how to approach the future, the duo of heroes are now faced with what's in the present. Jaime knew he could dodge all day, but that'd be a waste of time, and figured they wouldn't get answer from a miniature army of pyromaniacs, and whilst he was confidant in their ability to defeat them all, he'd rather not waste Link's resources. But maybe being able to snag one of them could lead to some answers...

After a very quick discussion with Link and the Scarab about what to do, they decide to 'kidnap' one of the troops, then leg it as fast as possible into the cave. The morals off perk my team has should allow this to go through despite not being an in-character move for Beetle or Link.

Loading Video...

Beetle will continue to fly around the arena at supersonic speeds, meanwhilst Link will get to flex his equipment about, beginning by using Din's Fire to launch a giant AOE flame blast and leave the army disorientated. 2 things to consider:

  1. Despite this being Adult Link in the gif, he is perfectly capable of using Din's Fire as a child
  2. Blue Beetle should no-sell this, as he came out of Red Volcano's Lava more pissed off than hurt, and thus shouldn't affected by the heat.
Loading Video...

Once Din's Fire goes off, theire should be at least one fodder soldier that was left dazed but conscious, and a whole lot of them still recovering, allowing Link to use his grappling hook to literally drag one of them on the ground if he must (he should be strong enough to hold down to a regular guy with the grappling hook by his arm at least, given he's lifted huge boulders before) as they head straight into the cave, Beetle kicking the speed of his flight into overdrive.

Loading Video...

Once they enter the cave, Link will use the Sand Wand to block off the entrance to the cave, giving him, Beetle and their new toy some extra breathing room, even if it's only a matter of time before they break through.

Loading Video...

Link will also take this time to set a Farore's Wind warp point by the entrance, allowing him to warp back to the entrance should the absolute worst happen. Also same thing with Din's Fire regarding Adult Link.

Loading Video...

Once the Cave entrance is closed off and they have got to a relatively safe distance, Beetle will start interrogating the fodder troop, asking him for answers about what they are doing here and why they are attacking them, The Scarab being able to detect both when monster will start to appear and shown above, wether or not the trooper is lying.

Loading Video...

Link will mostly be standing guard during this time in case something happens, but he will also use this time to drink the Chateau Romani (composite version should allow all gear, so this should be included), giving him unlimited magic (notified by the blue magic meter), and thus a lot more freedom with how he uses his magic.

tl;dr.

  1. Link uses Din's Fire to make it easy for Jaime to snag a random foot solider
  2. They then proceed to drag that solider into the cave with them, blocking the entrance with the Sand Wand and placing Farore's Wind at the entrance
  3. Blue Beetle then interrogates the foot solider whilst Link guards them and drinks magic milk
Avatar image for defiant_will
#11 Posted by Defiant_Will (915 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for jacthripper
#12 Edited by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for defiant_will
#13 Edited by Defiant_Will (915 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper: Cool, let's get this party started then:

MOVEMENT 1: GET THE HELL OUT

This movement is self explanatory. Taking on HUNDREDS of Fire Nation soldiers is practically suicide, and even Afro Samurai isn't that reckless. So the logical choice would be to run, and since Afro doesn't have flight capabilities, running to the Cave of Two Lovers seems like the obvious choice.

To prove that Afro Samurai has the travel speed to outrun the Fire Nation soldiers, here is Afro outrunning an explosion while wounded and running on a shaking and unstable wooden bridge. This feat speaks for itself in terms of impressiveness and not even the god tiers of the ATLA verse, let alone the fodder have travel speed feats that can match Afro's.

Loading Video...

Thus, Afro should have no problems escaping from the Fire Nation soldiers into the Cave of Two Lovers.

Avatar image for jacthripper
#14 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

@defiant_will: @gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps: First off I would like to apologize to both of you for my inability to DM properly for you. I'll be much more punctual, and hopefully we can finish this off by Sunday night. Thank you guys so much for your patience and participation.

Each of you enter the cave, and as you do so, the Fire Nation tanks trap you inside. It is dark.

The Journey of Afro Samurai

No Caption Provided

A light of blue flame erupts, illuminating the room.

I am Azula, and these are the Dai Li! You were unwise to make an enemy of the Fire Nation. We are searching for a Spirit Artifact within these tunnels that will grant us unparalleled power! I will never taste defeat again!

Suddenly, they attack. There are a total of 15 Dai Li with Azula. You must not kill Azula, you need her alive.

The Journey of Link and the Blue Beetle

The captured soldier cowers in your grasp. "Why!?! Why are you attacking us?" you demand.

Th-th-the Princess is inside, and she's looking for a Spirit Artifact!

He proceeds to faint like a wimp. You may:

  • Kill him
  • Kill him and harvest his organs
  • Leave him be

As you continue

No Caption Provided

You encounter a pair of badgermoles. They are not immediately aggressive. They have just burrowed a new tunnel to your left and are still burrowing to your right.

  • Attack the Badgermoles
  • Follow Behind them (Right)
  • Take the other Path (Left)

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#15 Edited by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2466 posts) - - Show Bio

@jacthripper:

Movement 3: Recycle Your Foes, Save The Badger-moles!

After the guard fell unconscious, the duo realized they weren't getting anything out of him anymore, and decided to promptly cut his head off, as keeping him alive would only cause more issues. They mentioned something about the princess looking for a spirit artifact, and given these are fire nation troops, that can hardly be anything good.

After hiding the body of the soldier beneath some rocks, they encounter the badger moles. Trying to attack them would be quite foolish and ultimately cause them more harm than good, so that was definitely out of the question, so the question becomes, do they enter the already established tunnel, or place their bets and wait for the other one? In the end, they decided to follow the Badger-moles, figuring that if they did attack, they have ways of taming the beats, and if they didn't, and if any fire nation troops followed, they'd have some backup.

TL;DR:

The Duo kill the fire nation fodder and decide to take the right path, following the badger-moles.

Avatar image for jacthripper
#16 Posted by Jacthripper (14894 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps: I'm just going to have you move on ahead, since your opponent isn't very active. (He hasn't made a post in 4 days now.) I'll award you perks for the scenario. I just need to move things along.