Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Hajduk

I’m a big supporter of Ken Shamrock, but his odds against Brock Lesnar are not good. Forget about the 30+ pound difference (much more if Brock is himself and not required to cut). Brock has modern MMA skills and training. Even if he isn’t a top tier in sheer skill, that is by today’s standards. He still exposes Ken as one dimensional.

Ken was the world’s most dangerous man in his time. It’s just that was a generation ago, and skills evolve. Every single fighter today is better than fighters from that time. This isn’t Ken’s fault or a reflection of his limits or anything, it’s just a matter of him being born in an earlier time.

I’d pay to see Tank vs Severn though.

SLiMmcl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SLiMmcl

@the_hajduk said:

I’m a big supporter of Ken Shamrock, but his odds against Brock Lesnar are not good. Forget about the 30+ pound difference (much more if Brock is himself and not required to cut). Brock has modern MMA skills and training. Even if he isn’t a top tier in sheer skill, that is by today’s standards. He still exposes Ken as one dimensional.

Ken was the world’s most dangerous man in his time. It’s just that was a generation ago, and skills evolve. Every single fighter today is better than fighters from that time. This isn’t Ken’s fault or a reflection of his limits or anything, it’s just a matter of him being born in an earlier time.

I’d pay to see Tank vs Severn though.

You owe me 5$

Loading Video...

And Lesnar is also 1 dimensional. Yes he did good at getting the Submission on Carwin (But that ref should have stopped it in the first round when Carwin was punching his head in for 4 minutes straight) Otherwise he beat 1 other guy with a submission (Due to strikes so in other words Ground and Pound) Won a unanimous decision on Heath Hearing ..... using ground and pound.

(Don't get me wrong Lesnar would win due to his size alone but it isn't because he is so much more advanced as a modern fighter. Tito Ortiz and Mark Coleman are Famous for the exact same thing)

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimmcl: Wow, I can’t believe they fought and I didn’t know!

(Lesnar has good striking too remember)

SLiMmcl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Noooo lol

Lesnar has amazing Physical Attributes. Look how much he struggles when he goes against somebody his size (Like Carwin or Overreem) He doesn't do good. He has good wrestling. Just look at Lesnar from a physical standpoint alone. (Nobody was his size when he joined) and his years of being in the WWF/WWE gave him some great explosiveness and additional atheism for a guy of his size that no heavyweight really had at that time. People in the HW division didn't catch up to Lesnar in terms of skill but size/speed combination.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimmcl said:

@the_hajduk: Noooo lol

Lesnar has amazing Physical Attributes. Look how much he struggles when he goes against somebody his size (Like Carwin or Overreem) He doesn't do good. He has good wrestling. Just look at Lesnar from a physical standpoint alone. (Nobody was his size when he joined) and his years of being in the WWF/WWE gave him some great explosiveness and additional atheism for a guy of his size that no heavyweight really had at that time. People in the HW division didn't catch up to Lesnar in terms of skill but size/speed combination.

Lesnar has great physical attributes but not all of them really translate to mma that well. He has very poor striking for his size, can't really take a punch that well either and doesn't really dominate when he gets a guy to the ground the way you think he would. He isn't a highly skilled fighter. He got by mostly on his size and ability to control smaller fighters when he got them to the ground. He's one of the most unskilled hw champs of the last 20 years tbh.

SLiMmcl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Yeah pretty much what I said lol