• 64 results
#1 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

Borg

No Caption Provided

Xenomorph

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The Setup

The Borg investigated an ancient precursor ship, determined to assimilate the technology on-board. This ship however was filled with some kind of life form that latched onto each of the drones. The Drones awoke quickly and were brought back to the Collective, but then the chestbursters emerged, ripping through their armored bodies and rushing into the darkest corners of the Borg Cube. The Borg could not detect the Xenomorphs and thus began to hunt them before being picked off one by one. Their connection to the collective allowed the Borg to find them, only for those drones too, to be picked off, and this time their implants connecting them to the rest of the collective were severed.

The Borg continued to hunt down these creatures, adapting their strategy to kill off these alien creatures and one of the Drones reported back... the same biology that was on the precursor ship was now on their Cube.

Rules

• The Xenomorphs cannot be detected by Borg internal sensors.
  • The Xenomorphs are appropriately diverse for the species that have been assimilated by the Borg, but are not cybernetic.
  • One of the Xenomorph Drones has become a Queen and has made her lair within the cube by the time the Borg respond in full force.
  • Assume the Borg still outnumber the Xenomorphs at a 10:1 ratio.

Can the Borg manage to assimilate a Xenomorph? If they do, what would be the end result and which hive mind's influence would be stronger? Even without assimilation, can the Borg hope to defeat the Xenomorphs if they attack in full force?

#2 Posted by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

The Borg all DIE.

The Aliens will stealth-kill them all, the Aliens still have higher physicality all the way around (strength, durability, agility, etc.), and are waaay faster than the Borg.

#4 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: Even though the Borg have superior firepower? And even if the ship's internal sensors can't see the aliens, the Borg themselves have visual enhancements.

#5 Posted by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: Even though the Borg have superior firepower? And even if the ship's internal sensors can't see the aliens, the Borg themselves have visual enhancements.

Superior firepower didn't help the Colonial Marines much, did it? R.I.P. Hudson, Vasquez, etc.

Visual enhancements only help the low-level superhuman Predators to a degree against the Aliens. What the hell is a super-slow, group of fodder Borgs gonna do but die here?

#6 Posted by Exmaster3000 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Alien via stealth

#7 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette:

Visual enhancements only help the low-level superhuman Predators to a degree against the Aliens.

But they still help.

Superior firepower didn't help the Colonial Marines much, did it?

The Colonial Marines were outnumbered, had no way to adapt to their enemy, and weren't Borg.

What the hell is a super-slow, group of fodder Borgs gonna do but die here?

Probably shoot them.

The Borg aren't slow, they move at a moderately fast walking speed.

Fodder does not automatically equate to weak. ComicVine's got such a warped perspective.

#8 Posted by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette:

Visual enhancements only help the low-level superhuman Predators to a degree against the Aliens.

But they still help.

Superior firepower didn't help the Colonial Marines much, did it?

The Colonial Marines were outnumbered, had no way to adapt to their enemy, and weren't Borg.

What the hell is a super-slow, group of fodder Borgs gonna do but die here?

Probably shoot them.

The Borg aren't slow, they move at a moderately fast walking speed.

Fodder does not automatically equate to weak. ComicVine's got such a warped perspective.

The Borg get blitzed.

Not saying this is a complete stomp...

well...

Yes, yes I am.

The Borg Die.

#9 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: The Borg display exceptional reflexes, they only have slow movement speed. Saying this is a blitz is... silly.

#10 Posted by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: The Borg display exceptional reflexes, they only have slow movement speed. Saying this is a blitz is... silly.

No, no it's not.

The Aliens could/would swarm the Borg.

The Aliens can tear the Borg apart.

If the Borg injure an Alien, it's blood will eat them even quicker than a fully organic humanoid (their acid eats through metals/plastics/inorganics faster than flesh/organics).

The Borg get "assimilated" into the Alien Hive.

This is just a bad fight for the Borg, and the Aliens already have a foot-hold in their Cube, and have an Alien Queen.

The Borg are F**ked.

#11 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: Yes, and a single blast from one of the Borg would be enough to rip a single Xenomorph apart, with their enhanced vision and range over the Xenomorphs, claiming that this is just a stomp in favor of the Xenomorphs sounds like bias against the Borg in some way. Yes the Xenomorphs have a queen, but the Borg are more than capable of dealing with the drones.

#12 Posted by xtreme1 (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't all individual Borg drones have a personal force field while they're on the Cube? IIRC the Enterprise crew beamed aboard a Cube and after phasering one or two drones their personal shields adapted to the phasers. Of course I could be remembering wrong.

#13 Edited by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtreme1 said:

Don't all individual Borg drones have a personal force field while they're on the Cube? IIRC the Enterprise crew beamed aboard a Cube and after phasering one or two drones their personal shields adapted to the phasers. Of course I could be remembering wrong.

I don't think that helps in melee.

The Aliens will tear them apart.

#14 Edited by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: Yes, and a single blast from one of the Borg would be enough to rip a single Xenomorph apart, with their enhanced vision and range over the Xenomorphs, claiming that this is just a stomp in favor of the Xenomorphs sounds like bias against the Borg in some way. Yes the Xenomorphs have a queen, but the Borg are more than capable of dealing with the drones.

Almost all battles will have someone being biased toward one opponent in some way or fashion.

That said, the Aliens sometimes win against a species that would utterly destroy the Borg (Predators/Yautja).

I don't see the Borg as being particularly threatening to a species like the Alien Xenomorphs. Especially since the OP has stated that the Aliens already have a significant presence aboard the Cube, and a Queen, which means tons of face-huggers are roaming the Cube as well.

#15 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: You mean like how the Xenomorphs have been defeated by random humans with makeshift weapons?

OP also stated that the Borg still outnumber the Xenomorphs 10:1, and the chances of assimilation still exist.

#16 Posted by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: You mean like how the Xenomorphs have been defeated by random humans with makeshift weapons?

OP also stated that the Borg still outnumber the Xenomorphs 10:1, and the chances of assimilation still exist.

I don't think that is possible with an Alien Xenomorph drone/warrior.

Maybe if they captured the Alien Queen, and assimilated her (since her intelligence is near-human) that may work, maybe.

Capturing a Queen is difficult for several Yautja with tons of experience, superhuman physicality, and the know-how and tools to do it.

Like I said before, this is just a bad battle for the Borg.

I really can't see them winning here.

#17 Posted by decaf_wizard (16736 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette said:
@conner_wolf said:

Maybe if they captured the Alien Queen, and assimilated her (since her intelligence is near-human) that may work, maybe.

Capturing a Queen is difficult for several Yautja with tons of experience, superhuman physicality, and the know-how and tools to do it.

And why can't they put a forcefield over the Queen and teleport nanoprobes into it?

#18 Edited by decaf_wizard (16736 posts) - - Show Bio

@conner_wolf said:

Well I guess how fodder somebody is depends on their verse. As an example, a fodder tier demon or psyker in Warhammer 40k would turn most any marvel street tier and lower end mid tiers into a smear on the sidewalk. But that doesn't make those street levellers weak

#19 Edited by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette said:
@conner_wolf said:

And why can't they put a forcefield over the Queen and teleport nanoprobes into it?

Are you volunteering for that?!

The Alien Queen has low-level telepathy, and has many Warriors and worse Praetorians guarding her. They'll never get close enough to force field her, or nano-probe her.

#20 Posted by decaf_wizard (16736 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@rockette said:
@conner_wolf said:

The Alien Queen has low-level telepathy, and has many Warriors and worse Praetorians guarding her. They'll never get close enough to force field her, or nano-probe her.

You know that the Borg can put up forcefields anywheres in their ship right? They don't even need to get close

#21 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: Now that you've got someone else to debate you, I shall bow out and watch.

#22 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9602 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Xenomorphs aren't fast enough to speed blitz. How did someone form that conclusion?

#23 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (6418 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's consider how the Borg fared against Species 8472. Species 8472 and Xenomorphs seem approximately equal in physicals. Xenomorphs have acid blood, and 8472 can infect humanoids with its cells. This causes incapacitation.

8472 tore the Borg to pieces in hand-to-hand combat, and I don't doubt that Xenomorphs could do the same.

It may ultimately depend on how resistant the Xenomorphs are to energy weaponry. 8472 can be killed by such weapons, though they are much more durable than most other humanoids.

#24 Posted by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@rockette said:
@conner_wolf said:

You know that the Borg can put up force fields anywhere in their ship right? They don't even need to get close

Here the Borg would...

1 - Have to find the Queen.

2 - Deal with a ship full of very protective and sometime controlled (telepathy) Drones/Warriors/Praetorians.

3 - Not harm her doing it; she sends out distress calls, & any Borg within 100+ meters of her would get swarmed if she was in distress/pain/dying.

4 - Deal with face-huggers.

5 - Try not to get blitzed by creatures that are vastly physically superior to the Borg in every way.

6 - Deal with the fact that sometimes the Aliens use their own blood to melt through wall/floors/ceilings should they need to get out of traps, or get into somewhere.

#25 Edited by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

LOL Xenomorphs aren't fast enough to speed blitz. How did someone form that conclusion?

https://youtu.be/14Mf_nTyWBc?t=38s

https://youtu.be/oJE4xpIIDfk?t=1m53s

I'll find more.

In the comics, they move/run so fast that they can dodge projectiles (bullet-timing), catch sprinting humans/humanoids (not walking Borgs), and can leap several meters vertically and horizontally with blurring-speed (can't makeout what they are).

#26 Edited by decaf_wizard (16736 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@rockette said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@rockette said:
@conner_wolf said:

You know that the Borg can put up force fields anywhere in their ship right? They don't even need to get close

Here the Borg would...

2 - Deal with a ship full of very protective and sometime controlled (telepathy) Drones/Warriors/Praetorians.

3 - Not harm her doing it; she sends out distress calls, & any Borg within 100+ meters of her would get swarmed if she was in distress/pain/dying.

5 - Try not to get blitzed by creatures that are vastly physically superior to the Borg in every way.

6 - Deal with the fact that sometimes the Aliens use their own blood to melt through wall/floors/ceilings should they need to get out of traps, or get into somewhere.

Not too much of an issue

• Easy with technology that literally every race in Star Trek have, the sensors tech that would instantly tell them where all the Aliens would be
  • Which would get teleported off the ship or put in force fields
  • Doesn't matter
  • A few drones don't matter here. Even if the facehuggers can't be contained I doubt whatever they could inject into a Borg would work due to the nanoprobes in every drones body. At absolute worst you would end up with an assimilated Alien
  • Which doesn't matter
  • Borg ships automatically regenerate their metallic bits. Nevermind that Alien blood probably wouldn't melt through feet thick of advanced metals more durable than duranium (which is the standard armour plating in Star Trek)
#27 Edited by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@rockette said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@rockette said:
@conner_wolf said:

Here the Borg would...

And if they tried that they would have to:

• Easy with technology that literally every race in Star Trek have, the sensors tech that would instantly tell them where all the aliens would have
  • Which would get teleported off the ship or put in force fields
  • Doesn't matter
  • A few drones don't matter here. Even if the facehuggers can't be contained I doubt whatever they could inject into a Borg would work due to the nanoprobes in every drones body. At absolute worst you would end up with an assimilated Alien
  • Which doesn't matter
  • Borg ships automatically regenerate their metallic bits. Nevermind that Alien blood probably wouldn't melt through feet thick of advanced metals more durable than duranium (which is the standard armour plating in Star Trek)

Aliens aren't easy to detect with sensors. They were tracked by movement by the Colonial Marines, and have a special vision-mode that allows the Predators to track them. The Borg wont have that vision mode, and the motion tracking only works when the Aliens move in large numbers or swarm, and even then it is close-range.

#28 Posted by Conner_Wolf (6378 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard: I did specify the sensors in Star Trek are not going to detect Xenomorphs in this case. In that case, if their sensors can't lock onto something, they won't be able to transport it off their ship.

I also specified that Facehuggers are capable of reproducing using Borg Drones. If anything, the Borg might be able to adapt to it, but they wouldn't have the ability right off the bat.

#29 Posted by comic_book_fan (10985 posts) - - Show Bio

borg

#30 Posted by barnstormer (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Xenomorphs fight stronger opponents such as Predators and win, I definitely see them wiping the borg out

#31 Posted by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

Xenomorphs fight stronger opponents such as Predators and win, I definitely see them wiping the borg out

Indeed. Seems to be split decision here looking back through the votes.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#32 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2765 posts) - - Show Bio

If Borg weren't so nerfed it would be an easy win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#33 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Borg.

Avatar image for dextersinister1
#34 Posted by Dextersinister1 (1257 posts) - - Show Bio

Borg should win, Xenomorphs tend to die rapidly against ranged weaponry and that's when they outnumber, 10 to 1 is a stomp in the Borgs favor.

Facehuggers can't subdue Borg to make more, the Borg don't even breath and are simply too strong. On top of that they may not be able to lock on to the Xenomorphs they can still lock on to there own.

The Borg wouldn't bother assimilating the Xenomorphs, too dumb.

Against a single borg or even a handful I could see the Xenomorphs potentially getting the drop on them. But here you have an intelligent force against what is essentially dangerous animals with above average intelligence, it's a stomp in the Borgs favor.

#35 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9602 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: No trust me I KNOW EVERYTHING about Xenomorphs I just don't think they have the speed to Speed Blitz anyone. In fact the Colonial Marines we doing better in out running them.

#36 Edited by Rockette (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: No trust me I KNOW EVERYTHING about Xenomorphs I just don't think they have the speed to Speed Blitz anyone. In fact the Colonial Marines we doing better in out running them.

Colonial Marines >> Borg movement speed, imo.

Colonial Marines also think on the fly and have instincts.

The Borg do not, downside of a collective mind. They can't think for themselves.

#37 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9602 posts) - - Show Bio

@rockette: I don't know anything about the Borgs.........OH!!!! I see. The Borgs are SUPER slow right?

#38 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6333 posts) - - Show Bio

If I remember correctly the Xenomorphs can spit acid to short distances and if an alien queen dies on the ship the large amount of blood will bleed through the ship and probably cause the ship to be destroyed

#39 Posted by CR500 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Xenomorphs, maybe with ease. Borg have no defense against the acid blood or any melee attack. And Xenos are MUCH faster than a drone. The only way I see the Borg winning is if they all gain up on the Xenomorphs, and even that may not work.

#40 Edited by Intellect123 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The Borg would adapt and eventually win, they are technologically engineered and advanced hive mind assimilated amalgam of 1000s of different other technologically advanced species (ergo they are like a dumb down version of the Flood)... yet people think they can’t bug hunt easily?... ripley by herself with a flamethrower, some grenades, assault rifle, a tank top, cargo pants and boots demolished an entire hive of xenomorphs with a scared little girl on her back..... so what on Earth makes anyone think the xenomorphs stand a chance against the Borg... the Borg have destroyed and assimilated species as dangerous (if not more dangerous) as xenomorphs before for example species 8472 and the Hirogen... the aliens have never been confronted by a relentless, invasive, calculating,cold blooded and vastly intelligent collective like the Borg before.... even the predators would get violated by the Borg, technologically speaking they are way more advanced and also the Borg don’t adhere to codes of honor/tradition like predators (which is the predators major flaw)... the Borg are literally like skynet but way way way more advanced, the Borg would never bring back infected drones to a cube, they would do a thorough scan of the threat, assess the potential danger then either destroy the facehugged drones or remove the face huggers before gestation can begin.. there would be no fight because the Borg are not incompetent space marines, dim witted defenceless human terraformers or curious space miners.. the aliens are deadly by human standards but by Borg standards they are just another species to either assimilate and/or destroy.. a few facehugged drones are dispensable, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE...

#41 Posted by Paytience (4519 posts) - - Show Bio

Borg have personal forcefields and transporter tech. Xenos get stomped.

#42 Edited by bigbaba (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there is a problem with the setup. I don't see more than 1 or 2 chestbursters actually forming as the drones nanoprobes would more than likely annihilate the parasite once implanted.

If that rule sticks though I could see the collective simply destroying the drones if they were to be infected with a chestbursters cutting off the xenomorph life cycle and picking off the xenomorphs at a 1000:1 loss ratio of they had to.

#43 Posted by Laurus (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

The borg probably.

#44 Edited by TourneyMaster (962 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigbaba said:

I think there is a problem with the setup. I don't see more than 1 or 2 chestbursters actually forming as the drones nanoprobes would more than likely annihilate the parasite once implanted.

If that rule sticks though I could see the collective simply destroying the drones if they were to be infected with a chestbursters cutting off the xenomorph life cycle and picking off the xenomorphs at a 1000:1 loss ratio of they had to.

I personally dont see how anyone who watches ST at all can begin to think the nanoprobes would survive to assimilate anything Xenomorph related.

• Species 8472 was immune to probes due to the high antibodies in their blood alone. In the episode Scorpion Species 8472 immune system was so efficient that any foreign body cells encountered were immediately destroyed, including Borg nanoprobes.
  • Another episode before this had shown Borg drones attempt to assimilate a character name Phlox in Enterprise episode Regeneration. In this episode Phlox advanced immune system is capable of fighting off the Borg nanoprobes.

Thats not one, but TWO examples of Borg unable to assimilate because of high immune system beings. So how in the bloody hell they will infect super acid for blood beings? There probes will die on contact faster than any immune system can do the job.

However as others mention Xenos by feats are faster and better at using the environment to attack the Borg. More so in this mix mash of random chaos by design Borg Cube. I can see the Xenos pulling a hard core Species 8472 on them in the fact they will run through dozens of Borg before falling. Face Huggers taking additional Borg out of the fight via chest bursting, or Borg taking out their own for the Xenos. Either way each Face Hugger is a one for one kill when they land.

@paytience said:

Borg have personal forcefields and transporter tech. Xenos get stomped.

How do force fields matter when physical attacks work easy on them every episode they are in? Where was Transporter tech on Specie 8472 boarding attacks? I dont think you really watch Star trek or if you do are hard core ignoring the feats and making stuff up to see them wining.

Loading Video...

Wheres the Borg force fields against hand to hand here?

Loading Video...

Or here!

Loading Video...

OR HERE!

Loading Video...

Been nice to have close combat force fields here!

Dont be making shit up.

#45 Posted by Gracetrack (4624 posts) - - Show Bio

Resistance is futile. Borg win.

#46 Posted by TourneyMaster (962 posts) - - Show Bio

Resistance is futile. Borg win.

Resistance is futile. Unless your Captain Archer.... or Captain Picard... or Data.... or Lore...... or Captain Janeway..... or Species 8472......

Damn in hindsight kinda easy to resist the Borg. ;)

#47 Posted by comic_book_fan (10985 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by Gracetrack (4624 posts) - - Show Bio

@tourneymaster: Picard was assimilated and flat-out said he was unable to resist it in the season 4 episode "Family." Archer and Janeway had plot armor. Data and Lore were unique androids - only two of them in existence - and couldn't be assimilated (watch Star Trek: First Contact). Species 8472 were the one race in all of Star Trek canon specifically created to be a rival species to the Borg, and they didn't even originate in normal Space but "Fluidic Space."

The xenomorphs don't stand a chance. Sorry. ;)

#49 Posted by mtuske (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

Xenos pretty easily. Borg are pretty slow and have shit aim. Even the red shirts got out of the way. Aliens were dodging auto aimed plasma casters and going to to toe with competent Predators. The Queen makes it unfair as once the face huggers come in its game over. Just a bad matchup. They have the technology to do this I just cant see them pulling this out as they are not quick thinkers and this can get out of hand very fast. Cool battle.

#50 Posted by TourneyMaster (962 posts) - - Show Bio

@tourneymaster: Picard was assimilated and flat-out said he was unable to resist it in the season 4 episode "Family." Archer and Janeway had plot armor. Data and Lore were unique androids - only two of them in existence - and couldn't be assimilated (watch Star Trek: First Contact). Species 8472 were the one race in all of Star Trek canon specifically created to be a rival species to the Borg, and they didn't even originate in normal Space but "Fluidic Space."

The xenomorphs don't stand a chance. Sorry. ;)

Lets see, in ll that counter reply, not once you explain how resistance is futile when several beings and people resisted. My point stands, Xeno's win ;).

Unless you have a counter to ship bulk head melting acid that nano probes to assimilate in. Xeno acid is dozen times more acidic than any real world known acid by the way, pure movie magic. Any counter to the fact shitty hand to and fighters like Worf can beat Drones all day but a super human Xenos will not? Can I see these close combat Borgs?

Nah, in the end, pure Trekkie fantasy to see how they, as the Vulcan's would say, logically win.

No Caption Provided

Pretty much what the Borg will end up looking like.