Bloodshot VS. The Eternal Warrior

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Bloodshot VS. The Eternal Warrior (18 votes)

Bloodshot 61%
Eternal Warrior 39%
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

ROUND 1

• Random Encounter
  • In character
  • VEI/Current Valiant/Valiant Reboot Gilad and Bloodshot
  • Standard Gear for both fighters
  • Win by knockout or incapacitation
The fight takes place in Vigan. Fighters start 75 ft. apart visible from each others' sights. Civilians ARE within the area.
The fight takes place in Vigan. Fighters start 75 ft. apart visible from each others' sights. Civilians ARE within the area.

ROUND 2

• The same conditions as Round 1 except...
  • VH1/90's Valiant/Classic Valiant Gilad and Bloodshot only

ROUND 3

• The same conditions except...
  • Composite Gilad and Bloodshot (draw consistent feats from any medium that featured Gilad and Bloodshot).
 • 
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AllStarSuperman  Online

Current versions, Gilad, classic versions, Bloodshot most likely.

In Gilads classic series he says if anybody can kill him it would be Bloodshot. And later when Gilad gets possessed by the Immortal Enemy, Bloodshot does beat him. IE is less skilled then Gilad though, so it's still debatable.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

my sentiments as well...

as for round 3 i think Gilad could take a slight edge, primarily due to his weaponry being cutting/piercing

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage: Same. I know Bloodshot has "skin like Kevlar" or whatever. But between Gilads ax and his enhanced strength, he should be able to chop him up.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

In Gilads classic series he says if anybody can kill him it would be Bloodshot. And later when Gilad gets possessed by the Immortal Enemy, Bloodshot does beat him. IE is less skilled then Gilad though, so it's still debatable.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 owie  Moderator

I haven't read much of Eternal Warrior, I'd defer to allstarsuperman.

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See I take a small hiatus and miss this shit right here!

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theendgame

@ultimate_knight: Bloodshot had a minor tussle with Armstrong and it seemed to be a standstill but you get the sense that neither man was going all out. Eternal Warrior is vastly more learned in fighting styles and hand 2 hand combat experience. However, Bloodshot has X factors that his nanites give him. He basically has Mid tier superhuman awareness.

Why is that important? He knows where you are at all times without having to see you. He has done this most recently with Deathmate. He also can analyze someone's weak points for maximum damage like he did when he fought the first Armor Hunter he faced.

He can also read someone and tell what punch they will throw just before they throw it by their body's preparation for that action. This he can interpret via heart rate and muscle tension.

So, for this one trait specifically. Imagine a baseball player. How does a baseball player hit a round ball traveling 98 mph from 60 ft away with a round bat? A 95 mph fastball reaches the catcher at .4 seconds which is about the same time it takes a human to blink. He uses anticipation, skill, and confidence in meeting the ball where he believes it will be before it gets there. Because of this the pitcher also throw curveballs, sliders, change ups, etc... Now imagine the batter can somehow tell what pitch the pitcher will throw a split second before he throws it, every time.

This I think is what makes it interesting.

So even if Gilad is faster and stronger, which is still debatable, Ray has greater awareness, anticipation amongst other variables like nanite infection, synaptic burst and other adaptable uses his powers have.

So I will say Bloodshot should win. However, I think they might write it with Gilad coming out on top. I'm not sure Valiant intended to make Bloodshot as powerful as he is, and I think they have Gilad hold a higher power tier.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f00ea34c340
deactivated-59f00ea34c340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gilad can avoid getting hit by bloodshot and fight until bloodshot needs more protein to maintain his powers and then full on attack him. I'm pretty sure Gilad can do that with his millennia of fighting experience.

so yeah Gilad ftw

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vertigo-

I haven't read Bloodshot Reborn, but I'm tempted to back Ray anyway, but I could be swayed. Gillad hasn't impressed me on the whole, for all his hype, and I've read everything barring Wrath of the Eternal Warrior for him. He's got some good blunt force durability and he's got a good mind, for when it shows, such as in the first Unity arc. But his skill is a total letdown. You'd think for someone thousands of years old, and stated to have mastered thousands of fighting styles (iirc), he'd be schooling everyone he comes across. But nope

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ultimate_Knight

@blackestnight93 said:

I haven't read Bloodshot Reborn, but I'm tempted to back Ray anyway, but I could be swayed. Gillad hasn't impressed me on the whole, for all his hype, and I've read everything barring Wrath of the Eternal Warrior for him. He's got some good blunt force durability and he's got a good mind, for when it shows, such as in the first Unity arc. But his skill is a total letdown. You'd think for someone thousands of years old, and stated to have mastered thousands of fighting styles (iirc), he'd be schooling everyone he comes across. But nope

You would be kind of amazed with what he will do in Wrath of The Eternal Warrior and Book of Death and this interview kind of explaining why he is not showing much skill in Unity.

Nothing too insane that instantly put him Deathstroke to Black Panther level, but I guess kind of getting there.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vertigo-

@ultimate_knight: Oh I've read Book of Death. I've seen his whole prep feat of taking down his team. What impressed me is that Ninjak's sword has a mode designed to take down Aric more then anything, that and the return of Darque as the villain, who I liked when he appeared in Shadowman

I hope they give Gillad more showings such as the one against Unity. They should build him up and take full advantage of how skilled he should be if you ask me. Might try and read Wrath of the Eternal Warrior, since you seem to be hyping it up

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's hard to tell considering OP says composite versions

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to tell considering OP says composite versions

That is only for Round 3 sir/ma'am.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ultimate_knight: Must've missed it.

Round 1 most likely goes to Gilad, 2 goes to Bloodshot, 3 is a tough one but giving the edge to Gilad

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should probably read some Valiant stuff..

AValiantImge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AValiantImge

Round 1) Goes to Gilad despite Bloodshot's better healing and blunt force durability Gilad outstats him in strength, speed and massively in skill. Heck Gilad rivals Bloodshot's blunt force as well. Gilad can use his axe to decapitate Bloodshot or chop his limbs while outskilling him in H2H.

Round 2) This is a tough one to call because Classic Gilad basically beat up five speedshots in h2h, he went down but that was because of tranq darts and random exploding men. In a pure h2h fight Gilad would have spanked the speedshots. But after the rampage boost Bloodshot gets much stronger which should put him over the edge in this fight.

Round 3) Bloodshot when fully composite he has access to the great healing of Modern Bloodshot with the skill, strength, and speed of Classic Bloodshot.. Along with the fact the NinjackVs Bloodshot can regrow limbs in mere moments. A composite Bloodshot has a lot more to gain than a Composite Eternal Warrior. So yeah Bloodshot takes the win.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i going to take bloodshot

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not sure what Bloodshot has got most recently, but failing anything groundbreaking, Gilad kicks his ass. Way more skilled, way stronger, similar toughness and damage soak.