Blink vs. Cyclops

#1 Posted by Super-Buster (2567 posts) - - Show Bio

vs.

In Central Park.

#2 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooh, I think Blink at the height of her ability as an Exile can take him.

#3 Posted by Super-Buster (2567 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, that picture of Cyclops is so small, hold up.

#4 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

will blink teleport hime to death? i clearly dont know too much about her. lol

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#5 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Could be a good fight, but I really think it will come down to speed. If Cyclops decides to start with a blast, can Blink react fast enough to avoid it (dodge if that's possible or just teleport)? If she can, I think she'll do fine and probably win. She can reappear wherever she wants and then start an assault on Cyclops. She could teleport large structures at him for a distraction and then teleport him somewhere else. I wonder also if her teleporting is really obvious. Nightcrawler's smells and makes noise and while Blink's is portrayed as bright pink and making a "blink" noise, I don't know how visible or audible it really is. That might factor in.

#6 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"will blink teleport hime to death? i clearly dont know too much about her. lol"

Well yeah, kind of. She can get really creative with those things and can teleport really far. She could easily turn his blasts back against him.

#7 Posted by Dormath (2400 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hard to say. Cyke would def have a plan to win but Blink is not so straight forward a thinker and might be able to trip him up.

#8 Posted by Super-Buster (2567 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, yea, I don't have the patience right now to figure out how to change it.

#9 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Slinger says:
"She could easily turn his blasts back against him."

Sounds like a good plan but Cyclops isn't hurt by his own blasts."

She could redirect them nonetheless. She's pretty agile, and she's done that kind of thing before.

#10 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Slinger says:

"She could easily turn his blasts back against him."

Sounds like a good plan but Cyclops isn't hurt by his own blasts.

#11 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

I know she can redirect them, just saying that turning his blasts back against him would be useless.

#12 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

but how would she do some damage?

#13 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to have to say,this battle will be decided on what Cyclops decides to do and how much power is his willing to throw at clarice.At the end of the day though,Cyclops os one of the best tacticians around.depending on where the fight takes place he could bounce the lazers of of things around her and not hit her but make her run to where he wants and then break her off.He can a number of things to win.Clarice is a good fighter but even if this was just hand to hand i'm pretty sure Scott is abover her there too.

#14 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, Clarice has been trained by AoA Sabretooth from when she was a little kid, she grew up fighting her entire life, and she led the Exiles for quite some time. She's really an excellent tactician, though not as good as Scott, I'll admit, and she can teleport to the other side of the planet if she wants/needs to. I suck when it comes to scans, but every showing I've seen shows Blink more agile than Cyke, and She's tangled with tougher, i.e. Holocaust. I don't see Cyclops hitting her with his optic blasts, not directly anyway. I think he'll have to get really fancy to do it. I go with Blink 70 percent of the time.

#15 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"but how would she do some damage?"

Teleporting things (buildings even) at him, but then of course he can blow them away. Of course, she could teleport them right on him and not give him enough time to do that. But mostly I would see her winning via BFR or something, not really hurting him, just teleporting him somewhere.

Vance Astro says:

"depending on where the fight takes place he could bounce the lazers of of things around her and not hit her but make her run to where he wants and then break her off."

That doesn't work as well with a teleporter.

#16 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

pixelized says:

"Could blink teleport a limb off cyke?"

I don't think so, though I'm not certain.

#17 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

Could blink teleport a limb off cyke?

#18 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke takes it, lol I like blink more but scotty boy wins

#19 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooo i'm gonna have to say Blink wins.

#20 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"pixelized says:
"but how would she do some damage?"
Teleporting things (buildings even) at him, but then of course he can blow them away. Of course, she could teleport them *right* on him and not give him enough time to do that. But mostly I would see her winning via BFR or something, not really hurting him, just teleporting him somewhere. Vance Astro says:
"depending on where the fight takes place he could bounce the lazers of of things around her and not hit her but make her run to where he wants and then break her off."
That doesn't work as well with a teleporter."

I realized that right after I posted it.

#21 Posted by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

She can throw out like 8 teleporty darty thingies and have cyke be the destination haha...idk i wanna give it to Blinky

#22 Posted by EganTheVile1 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Cyke's too resourcefull, and no stranger to teleporters having Nightcrawler as a team-mate and Vanisher as an enemy to name a few, Cyke has skills you cant avoid with powers alone

#23 Posted by fesak (8661 posts) - - Show Bio

She can also teleport things inside him, she has done so several times, for example filling Hyperion with sand, and teleporting a bomb into Ego's brain.

#24 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

eganthevile1 says:

"I think Cyke's too resourcefull, and no stranger to teleporters having Nightcrawler as a team-mate and Vanisher as an enemy to name a few, Cyke has skills you cant avoid with powers alone"

Your joking right?

#25 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"She can also teleport things inside him, she has done so several times, for example filling Hyperion with sand, and teleporting a bomb into Ego's brain."

Good point, I'd forgotten that she could do that.

#26 Posted by Super-Buster (2567 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"She can also teleport things inside him, she has done so several times, for example filling Hyperion with sand, and teleporting a bomb into Ego's brain."

God I hate instant-kill moves like that, they're so cheap.

#27 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"fesak says:

God I hate instant-kill moves like that, they're so cheap."

Really though, why would that be so different from teleporting someone into space? Cyclops would die instantly that way too. And Cyclops has his own insta-kill if he cuts loose and that's one you knew about when you made the thread. Maybe your problem is with unavoidable attacks.

#28 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

I find it funny that so many people have an aversion to intant kill moves or unaviodable attacks. Personally I would hate for someone to ignore their obvious advantages and risk losing a fight as opposed to instantly securing victory. Unless there were some logical reasons to not cut lose with something that their opponent has no defense for.

#29 Posted by Super-Buster (2567 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Really though, why would that be so different from teleporting someone into space? Cyclops would die instantly that way too. And Cyclops has his own insta-kill if he cuts loose and that's one you knew about when you made the thread. Maybe your problem is with unavoidable attacks."

Forever says:

"I find it funny that so many people have an aversion to intant kill moves or unaviodable attacks. Personally I would hate for someone to ignore their obvious advantages and risk losing a fight as opposed to instantly securing victory. Unless there were some logical reasons to not cut lose with something that their opponent has no defense for."

I hate any move that ends a match before it's even begun, I like to debate fights, not instant-kills. Instant-kills pretty much negate everything else that the characters bring to the table and make a match boring.

#30 Posted by Ziggy (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah they pretty much end debates unless your arguing with a fan boy who will not change his mind but you could call this a instant kill, Silver Surfer vs Spider man, Surfer blows up the planet. Usually you don't see instant kills in even matches.
Post Edited:2008-04-23 21:36:45

#31 Posted by IcePrince_X (5092 posts) - - Show Bio

Blink for me. Instant, quick and almost like a reflex reaction use of her powers.

She can half Cyclops in half a second.

#32 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19547 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-Buster says:

"I hate any move that ends a match before it's even begun, I like to debate *fights*, not instant-kills. Instant-kills pretty much negate everything else that the characters bring to the table and make a match boring."

Oh, I understand why you don't like it, but that really doesn't change that it's perfectly within their power to do it. If you want to make it more of a "fight" then specify things that you're not allowing at the start, but realize that it might make someone who would originally win, the loser. I do agree that fights are more fun when there's something to talk about though. In any case, I feel that Blink wins with or without the ability to fill Cyke with random objects.

#33 Posted by Super-Buster (2567 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Super-Buster says:
"I hate any move that ends a match before it's even begun, I like to debate *fights*, not instant-kills. Instant-kills pretty much negate everything else that the characters bring to the table and make a match boring."

Oh, I understand why you don't like it, but that really doesn't change that it's perfectly within their power to do it. If you want to make it more of a "fight" then specify things that you're not allowing at the start, but realize that it might make someone who would originally win, the loser. I do agree that fights are more fun when there's something to talk about though. In any case, I feel that Blink wins with or without the ability to fill Cyke with random objects."

I understand and agree. I was just commenting on my distaste for instant-kills, wasn't trying to say that she can't use it or anything. I'll try to be more careful in future threads.

#34 Posted by Gloom (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o

I don't get how so many people can think Cyke has a chance...

IMO Blink tears (teleports) Scott apart!

#35 Posted by Raging Dragon (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Most definitley Blink