Blastaar vs Kalibak

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#1 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

a fight to the death that takes place in Darkseid's throneroom on Apokolips.  Who wins, and why?

#2 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm

they look alot alike rofl.

but i think kalibak could possibly over power blastaar if his blastaar's energy manipulation can't do the trick here

#3 Posted by Magicalmoment (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

kalibak wins

#4 Posted by papi_5 (558 posts) - - Show Bio

kalibak

#5 Posted by The_Scourge (5345 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm guessing Kalibak. He has the advantage in where they are fighting and in strength
#6 Posted by lordraiden (9666 posts) - - Show Bio

Blastaar for me, he can go with Kalibak physically and his powers to fall back on!

#7 Posted by the creator (8570 posts) - - Show Bio

Blastaar is nowhere near as physcially powerful as Kalibak.
Kalibak is physically as strong and durable as his brother Orion is.
He can withstand blows from Orion without injury and can fight for days without tiring.
Additionally he also uses a Beta-club, an almost indestructible club that he strikes with to futher increase his damage in hand to hand combat. The club can also project energy bolts that can destroy an Apokolips battle tank in a couple of shots and can project nerve beams that KO an opponent through massive pain.

Blastaar, although physically powerful, is weaker than the Thing (in terms of strength) and although possessed of huge endurance and durability, has been hurt by blows from beings far weaker than Kalibak (the thing for example). Blastaars flight ability is related to his blasting energies - so he is like a rocket - so I don't see it being a major advantage in this fight.
His energy projection is massively powerful, capable of destroying most man made materials easily (apart from Adamantium or secondary Adamantium). This energy has hurt the Thing and other powerhouses in the past.

Overall, I would back Kalibak for the win.

#8 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

im going with darkseid. he's not going to stand around and let these 2 wreck his throne room.

#9 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio

lol kk, its a fight to the death and Kalibak is imortal.
kk i know who's going to win.

#10 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
acewasp23 said:
"lol kk, its a fight to the death and Kalibak is imortal.
kk i know who's going to win. "
LOL.

It's funny because he was killed a million times.
Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
#11 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2480 posts) - - Show Bio

Kalibak

#12 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

Blastaar.

#13 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"acewasp23 said:
LOL.

"

when? the New gods are supposed to be immortal.
#14 Posted by King Saturn (223209 posts) - - Show Bio
Caliback wins here

lmfao
#15 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
acewasp23 said:
"AtPhantom said:
"acewasp23 said:
LOL.

"

when? the New gods are supposed to be immortal. "
But that doesn't mean they can't be killed. Kalibak died dozens of times, usually at the hands of his father. He would usually do something that annoyed Darkseid, Darkseid would then went his frustration and reduce him to ash. Then he would calm down and revive him again.

Here's a good scan of that: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/new_gods2_012_23_rougher.jpg
#16 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
But that doesn't mean they can't be killed. Kalibak died dozens of times, usually at the hands of his father. He would usually do something that annoyed Darkseid, Darkseid would then went his frustration and reduce him to ash. Then he would calm down and revive him again.

Here's a good scan of that: http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/new_gods2_012_23_rougher.jpg
"
thats at the hands of Darkseid. i donty think any other lesser beings can replcate that. infact i think only Darkseid or some one of greater Power (the source) could kill one of teh New Gods of Apokolips.
#17 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
acewasp23 said:
"AtPhantom said:

"
thats at the hands of Darkseid. i donty think any other lesser beings can replcate that. infact i think only Darkseid or some one of greater Power (the source) could kill one of teh New Gods of Apokolips.
"
Hm.......

Now that I think about it, you may have a point. I don't remember actually seeing a new god fall to someone who's not a new god.
#18 Posted by acewasp23 (6185 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
Hm.......

Now that I think about it, you may have a point. I don't remember actually seeing a new god fall to someone who's not a new god.
"

Darkseid is good for killing every one on Apokolips at least once with the Omega Effect.