Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jaune Arc

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Blake Belladonna

Okay so it seems my placement was a little off in the last thread. How's this?

Round 1: V3 versions

Round 2: V5 versions

Bonus: Both rounds again but Blake has dust.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blake stomps. U should wait until Jaune master his semblance

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Greysentinel365

Having re-read the Manga recently I'm not even sure Blake can hurt him. If Ruby's estimations of Cardin's striking are accurate (I see no reason why they're not Ruby being the weapon nut she is) then I'm pretty sure V4-5 Jaune can tank anything Blake has got.

Despite that, she might take R1 in both runs. Don't see her taking R2 without dust and even then she can't hurt him, he's equal in speed and much stronger. He'll land a hit eventually and Blake isn't walking away from that.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blake, not really a debate to be had here.

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V3 Blake wins, we need more information and more feats before we can tell about current versions. We assume current Blake would win but I'm not entirely convinced yet.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xy: Given that untrained Jaune could take hits from Cardin mace I'm not even sure Blake can hurt him. And given the back and forth so far in V5 I'm pretty sure Jaune is meant to be on par with everyone else now.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiningleafeon: Also OP. There's so far no difference from V3-V5 with Blake. That might change on Saturday. But as of now she's shown nothing to indicate improvement of any kind.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blake by actual feats, common sense, and non-bias.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Blake wins both rounds

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blake by actual feats, common sense, and non-bias.

Blake, not really a debate to be had here.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Greysentinel365

@theorder14 said:

Having a semblance does not stop one from being a superior combatant. A great example is Torchwick.

http://roosterteeth.tumblr.com/post/166078067551/are-there-huntsmenhuntresses-in-the-world-who

As answered by M&K. It doesn't stop them from being formidable fighters.

So with that let's line this up.

Why Jaune wins this as of V4 and gives a hell of a fight in V3.

Strength

Really don't have to say much here.

Jaune has demonstrated comparable strength to Yang off the bat with no training with both going up against an Ursa Major of equal size: Jaune's. Yang's

With both blocking their strikes and stalemating their strength to a degree: Jaune.Yang.

Jaune in V3 was even able to one-shot an Ursa with a shield bash

No Caption Provided

Naturally Jaune's stopping of the charging Nukleweeve is above any of Blake's strength showings.

But strength isn't a area where I think this is hotly debated. It's clear Jaune takes it.

Durability

Only a recent point I've come across, but Jaune's durability is insane.

What makes me say that? Well this oddly enough.

No Caption Provided

Now why is this impressive? Well it's this little snippet from the Manga

Ruby: "That thing can probably go through a Death Stalker shell!"

How sturdy is a Death Stalkers shell?

No Caption Provided

Yeah that sturdy.

Now that V5 has confirmed Aura strengthens with time and training, Jaune must be pretty god damn durable now. To the point where really I don't think Blake can harm him.

Add this to the Ursa comparison with Yang and Jaune is ridiculously durable with no training and should be damn near unkillable by V5. At least to this cat faunus

Speed

Yeah this is one topic where people really disagree with me but really it's not a contest. Let's break this down simply.

All of RNJR can manage limited exchanges Tyrian putting them relatively on par.

Even day 1 at Beacon Ruby was able to roflstomp Cardin.

Nevermind the massive degree to which Ruby has improved into V4. During which she could barely keep up with Tyrian. As could Jaune.

The speed gap here is enormous when you consider Cardin was a casual bullet timer and it makes it abundantly clear that RNJR is far beyond that level to even manage limited exchanges with Tyrian considering a weaker version of Ruby stomped said casual bullet timer.

But how does this tie back to Blake? Well, many of you will be quick to post this.

No Caption Provided

My simple answer is this: SO. WHAT?

Couple of things:

1. Most of the Black trailer is over-inflated due to Monty being solely responsible for them. Must I remind people of the original ending of the Black Trailer? Where Blake cut the entire train in half.

2. It's not that big of deal in the world of RWBY.

When we have fodder Huntsman like Reese consistently tagging Blake

No Caption Provided

And people who Sun can roflstomp like Octavia deflecting lightning/laser fire

No Caption Provided

it's very clear that what Blake did here isn't really that special in the grand scheme of things. Given that said speed didn't do jack to put her above any of these people.

Speaking of fodder Huntsman. We see Jaune keep up with them in V3. So really, Blake's feat has no bearing on this contest whatsoever

Note his eyes being able to track the sniper round. Further indication of his combat speed even at this stage.
Note his eyes being able to track the sniper round. Further indication of his combat speed even at this stage.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

3. Blake isn't even above Cardin or any other Huntsman in training.

I've made this case in the past and I've yet to see anything to dissuade me from it. And yes I am saying that Blake is not even above the Cardin who V1 Ruby stomped.

This is supported by straight up comparisons between the two against the same opponents.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

These make it abundantly clear that the speed Blake has displayed is not that impressive in the grand scheme of things.

But even then-

4. Blake has been consistently tagged by much less

Conclusion: Jaune being able to even perceive Tyrian and only perform marginally less than a Ruby far more advanced than the one who stomp Cardin against him. Puts him miles above Blake in speed. And none of Blake's reflexive feats place her above fodder Huntsman in training.

Skill

Perhaps the only area where Blake holds the edge. However her history of being tagged by things much slower than what should be her paygrade and the fact that Jaune is much stronger, faster and ridiculously more durable render this gap nigh irrelevant. And Jaune has shown the ability to block and deal with people on Blake's level via the tournament fights by even V3 regardless.

Conclusion

The best Blake can hope for here is to buy time. She doesn't have the strength to put Jaune down. The speed to keep up or the durability or aura to hang tough.

Jaune wins as of V4 and 5 and gives a hell of a fight in V3.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously don't see why this hasn't been locked.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Theorder14

@greysentinel365: ur really overexaggerating Jaune's feats & durability. It wasn't even a direct hit LOL. Besides, his aura would get depleted pretty fast. As for speed, he mostly use shields to block attack but he's not fast or anything like that. He couldn't even dodge this last rock as u can see here. That's pathethic. Not even a bullet but a slow ass rock. That's underwhelming as heck. https://youtu.be/tCJPwnMGaJg?t=168

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jaune is becoming stronger in the show but unless he became stupidly more powerful in the last 2 episodes (I am 2 episodes behind) even v1 Blake is faster and stronger than him and has better training

Xy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani: You're not missing much. There's basically no action in volume 5 at all so far except for the bandits and the freakin flying insects.

Avatar image for wally_west-the_fastest_man_ali
Wally_West-The_Fastest_Man_Alive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xy: so r1 Blake stomp

R2 Blake stomp him out of existence

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blake. Jaune's improved but I still don't see him at Blake's level.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last episode has done Blake no favours with Illia making her look like a child and then Sun one combing Illia.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Theorder14

@greysentinel365 said:

The last episode has done Blake no favours with Illia making her look like a child and then Sun one combing Illia.

It's more like she was trying to convince her instead of beating her as we saw at the end of their fight. You also totally forgot to mention that Illia's weapon was still frozen by Blake so obviously Sun would have the upper hand.You could clearly see how her weapon didn't work properly even after the ice melted. Also the fact that she must have expended some amount of aura against Blake.

Do you know context?

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Blake.

kotetsu454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greysentinel365: Massivley underselling Blakes Speed, and in a way Reese Chloris too.

Rxdking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a real anime.

rwby is trash.

OT: blake.

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theorder14:

It's more like she was trying to convince her instead of beating her as we saw at the end of their fight.

CRWBY BTS stated they were going all out the whole time.

You also totally forgot to mention that Illia's weapon was still frozen by Blake so obviously Sun would have the upper hand.

And when it thawed Sun was still kicking her ass.

you could clearly see how her weapon didn't work properly even after the ice melted.

It was perfectly functional.

Also the fact that she must have expended some amount of aura against Blake

Unless it was broken it doesn't matter.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Theorder14

@greysentinel365: you should really re-watch the scene. After the ice thawned. She tried to invoke the weapon(you could hear click sounds). Nothing happened and she had a suprise face staring at her own weapon. Clearly it malfunctioned after getting hit by ice dust.

CRWBY BTS stated they were going all out the whole time.

where? because to me, she looked like she was in doubt about the whole thing.

And when it thawed Sun was still kicking her ass.

re-watch the scene please. She wasn't able to use her weapon's whip form.

It was perfectly functional.

no it wasn't. Didn't you hear several click sounds and saw her suprised face afterwards when nothing happened? It didn't turned yellow like it did against Blake. Not even once did her weapon turn yellow when she fought Sun.

Unless it was broken it doesn't matter.

it was

AsianAntics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blake both rounds. Also I guess dust is in her base set now so that's cool.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I still takes it round one, Round 2 I think can be debated though I I'd still side with Blake though at best can be considered an =/ towards eachother.

Blake definitely wins the bonus.

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless he magically unlocks his semblance in the middle of the fight I really don't see a win from Jaune.

His offensive capabilities against actual people are really bad.

It'll take Blake a really long time, but I think she'll beat him.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blake wrecks.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. This week's episode reinforces, the fact that Blake is honestly more impressive than Jaune.

Also can someone help explain Jaune's semblance? Is it straight up healing? Or is it the replenishing of aura?

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@deathhero61: Using his own aura for another. Aura transfer basically. You watched the newest episode didnt you? Episode 13?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Using his own aura for another. Aura transfer basically. You watched the newest episode didnt you? Episode 13?

Yeah I did, it was kind of weird though, because I was thinking of something Jaune showed waaaaay earlier in Volume 1 or 2 when Pyrrah was explaining Aura and Semblances. But his Aura Transfer was clearly improving Weiss' condition.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I was also confused. What were we seeing in Volume 1 then?

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blake wrecks.

I haven't seen the episode that came out today, but I doubt Jaune's semblance is enough to change anything.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I was also confused. What were we seeing in Volume 1 then?

So you know what I'm talking about then. I thought Aura only powered semblances and created a protective layer, not heal people. I really think Jaune's semblance's additional perk is healing.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewatcherking said:

Blake wrecks.

I haven't seen the episode that came out today, but I doubt Jaune's semblance is enough to change anything.

Think about all the highballing Grey does with Jaune featuring higher tiered characters then look at this new episode. What happens in the episode(although rather brief) will shut him up based off how he scales Jaune and how he lowballs Blake when compared to the rest of Team RWBY or RNJR

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@deathhero61: I expected more from Jaune though :/. Grey in RWBY battles though.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I expected more from Jaune though :/. Grey in RWBY battles though.

Its kind of weird how much the others improved though, Ruby keeping decent pace with Emerald, Weiss' summons are on point, etc. etc. I mean when I see the difference between Volume 1-3 Ruby and Volume 4 Ruby, I guess that makes sense.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By red_ruby_petal

@deathhero61: and Adam has been reduced to fodder :/. They are getting closer to Qrow's, Winter's tier already.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: and Adam has been reduced to fodder :/. They are getting closer to Qrow's, Winter's tier already.

Nah, Blake just got on his level,(she reacted to his draw rather well) they were partners for a reason, Adam was usually just more impressive. I think in an all out fight, Adam with a cooler head might have reacted to her punch. He charged in blindly.

I don't think they are at Qrow and Winter's tier yet. The only one that close is Weiss and that's mostly due to her summons. Physically she isn't there yet.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This recent chapter basically puts Grey's theory in the dirt that Jaune comes even close to Blake, and it also puts his theory in the dirt that Blake is inconsistent. Her fight against Adam of all people puts her over Jaune easily.(And this is consistent as well considering they fight in perfect sync in the Black Trailer)

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Greysentinel365

@deathhero61: Not really. Adam beat Blake quite succinctly while screwing around

Hell even when Blake had Adam down one weapon she still got wrecked.

(and you only need compare the moves he used on Yang to against Blake to know that) and Yang more or less stalemated him

and Jaune is relative to her.

Basically all Blake did was survive two blows and run, survive two blows and run. Quite frankly Jaune deflecting and dodging blows from Tyrian (who scales so far above Adam it's not funny) is quite comparable.

This chapter did also kill the idea that Blake is even remotely comparable to Yang. Basically Blake got stomped by someone who is more or less on par with the rest of the mains. Finally cementing the gap between Blake and them and proving me right the whole time

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DeathHero61

@greysentinel365: ??????

Not really. Adam beat Blake quite succinctly while screwing around

Screwing around isn't the word I would use based off the actual fight, he went for full on blitzes, read her moves and went out of his way to stuff out her approaches or stop her escape, and actually visibly tried to kill her several times, Adam was clearly the superior but not by much. Blake held her own here, just like she was holding her own as his partner. He was definitely putting in a lot more effort here than he did in their first "fight" in Volume 3, which was him simply toying around as you can clearly tell there. In Volume 5 she had no problem reacting to his draw, and in Volume 6, she was clearly keeping up with him, intercepting, landing several blows, dodging his attacks skillfully with her semblance, until Adam skillfully maintained his advantage near the end.

Hell even when Blake had Adam down one weapon she still got wrecked.

Only because he got in close and grappled her, using the power struggle to quickly grab the weapon from her sheathe, throw her sheathe(basically doing the same thing Blake did to him) and press on from there. The fact that she was able to pull off stealing his weapon and forcing him to use his gun was impressive, and Jaune has shown nothing on par with that in a close combat setting.

(and you only need compare the moves he used on Yang to against Blake to know that) and Yang more or less stalemated him and Jaune is relative to her.

He used his charged moves, big difference, one other tool in his moveset. Also your theory for Jaune being relative to Yang is a huge stretch that hasn't even been consistently proven by the show itself. We haven't seen him move like any of the other students, we haven't seen any quick swordplay, no deflecting bullets with his sword, no sidestepping bullets, nothing. Everything you showed last time was a huge stretch of coincidences, animation accidents and the like. Nothing concrete that he legitimately did without a doubt that is consistent. Gather the whole community and they will tell you the same thing.

What you are telling me basically is that Jaune could replicate everything Blake did in this fight with the way you argue him, down to outmaneuvering him the couple times Blake did, to outright avoiding his Iai slashes.

Basically all Blake did was survive two blows and run, survive two blows and run. Quite frankly Jaune deflecting and dodging blows from Tyrian (who scales so far above Adam it's not funny) is quite comparable.

Not entirely true, but okay? As for Jaune, he quite clearly had trouble tagging Tyrian, and he was ACTUALLY toying with them. If you want to simplify something without going into detail like you did with Blake vs Adam, then Jaune was getting his ass beat the entire fight, thats BASICALLY what happened.

This chapter did also kill the idea that Blake is even remotely comparable to Yang.

Not really, Yang did slightly better mostly due to skill, and brute force, she has a durability and strength advantage over most students including Blake, not really surprised she did as well as she did. Adam couldn't put her down, so he had to use his energy slashes, and even that wasn't enough. And even if you were right, it wouldn't be that outlandish considering her and weiss(who also both have the best feats ironically) were chosen as the duo to continue the tournament as opposed to Ruby and Blake, and that thing you mentioned in a previous thread about V5 Yang(V6 barely progressed so they are the same) being weaker than Volume 3? You got that from a discussion between the staff right?

Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DeathHero61

Basically Blake got stomped by someone who is more or less on par with the rest of the mains. Finally cementing the gap between Blake and them and proving me right the whole time

A stomp in RWBY is basically what happened between Blake and Adam or Blake and Yang in Volume 3, or Cardin and his entire team vs Pyrrah. This fight wasn't a stomp, she clearly had her ups and downs in this fight, and if you cannot see that, but you can see Jaune as an apparent god because he "deflected"(he didn't BTW) an attack from Tyrian, or conveniently slashed off the head of an Ursa(when he had help from Pyrrah), and then tried to equalized that to Yang's own feat, then I don't know what to tell you.

You argued Blake's feats as inconsistent several times, even though they aren't, but apparently Jaune following a sniper round(one of those accidental animation coincidences I was talking about mind you) is consistent when it took him volumes just to react to any kind of machine gun fire or bullet? When we quite clearly see him slack behind the others in raw combat speed?(Look precisely at how Jaune swings his sword, at how he fights, and compare it to all students, every single one, and you will notice that he is one of the slowest characters, yet you argued him as Blake's equal if not far superior) It was the writers clear intent to make him one of the weaker students, but with a lot of potential.

You had to go through whole analysis, doing your best to nitpick every thing, and find even the slightest chance of Jaune being on the same tier, meanwhile, I can post several feats of bullet timing for Blake, I can post an analysis of strength or durability feats based off her ACTUAL FEATS.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I'll just redo due to your edits

? You are replying to the post with a new one right? Or are you editing the entire post I replied to?

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could go either way

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers