#1 Posted by McHotcakes (785 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Black Widow from the Movies vs Agent May from Agents of Shield.

Three rounds, win by KO, incapacitation, or death.

Round 1-H2H only. Fight takes place in an octagon

Round 2-Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse. Standard equipment each.

Round 3-Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse. Both have a day for prep and access to any weapons they might need. No outside help.

So who do you think wins?

#2 Posted by Experio (18215 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow all rounds.

#3 Posted by McHotcakes (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

Widow all rounds.

May I ask why? I actually believe Melinda outclasses Natasha in hand to hand.

#4 Posted by Experio (18215 posts) - - Show Bio

@mchotcakes: Greater agility and techniques, lets not forget the sting.

#5 Posted by Thanofleeze (4388 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by McHotcakes (785 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze: She has tazers on her wrists basically. I believe that is what he meant.

In case there is any confusion Black Widow has no weapons what so ever in the first round. So I don't know how effective her stings will be in rounds where they can both use guns.

#7 Posted by Experio (18215 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze: It was shown in the Avengers, equipped in the final battle. Also in the Winter Soldier clip, skip to 2.20

Loading Video...
#8 Edited by shimel (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio said:

Widow all rounds.

May I ask why? I actually believe Melinda outclasses Natasha in hand to hand.

I would disagree with that. While they did have that promo where Coulson says May has more black belts than Romanov, the official wiki for the MCU states Widow is SHIELD's best martial artist (see abilities):

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Widow

I like May, and she is easily one of the best agents in SHIELD, but I don't think she can take Natasha in any of those rounds, so I'm going Widow all 3 rounds.

#9 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

widow. then again...widow was a puss when vsing the winter soilder. I don't think May would have ran, she would have fought to death.

but still i choose widow

#10 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

Mulan

#11 Posted by nerdchore (8121 posts) - - Show Bio

Mae wins round 1 and 3

#12 Posted by Hyperlight (7671 posts) - - Show Bio

They are both dope but id give it to widow because of her equipment

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#13 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7649 posts) - - Show Bio

May round 1

Widow round 2&3

#14 Posted by nerdchore (8121 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
#15 Posted by deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0 (11360 posts) - - Show Bio

Mulan

I see what you did there....LOL

#16 Posted by Myst1que (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1- Agent May

Round 2- Black Widow

Round 3- Really can't decide, probably Black Widow

#17 Posted by DougCL (47 posts) - - Show Bio

tempted to give this to May, since she was Chun-Li once, but i think Natasha takes it.

#18 Posted by nfactor1995 (12828 posts) - - Show Bio

@shimel: When it says she's the best martial artist in SHIELD, does that include Captain America?

#19 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow.

#20 Posted by mtuske (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow by far. I like May but if she was in Widows class she would be on the Avengers not the backup squad.

#21 Posted by dreambig (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtuske: Agreed.But May is definitely not far behind her.

#22 Posted by Jueix (2403 posts) - - Show Bio

BW.

#23 Posted by nerdchore (8121 posts) - - Show Bio

We are going off actual feats here. And mae has far more.

mae beats her in h2h. Natasha is probably a better adapter so she will win round 2.

round 3. Mae gets destiny spear.

#24 Posted by MatthewParker (4562 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: He's not saying that just because they're both Asian. The actress who plays Melinda May is the same actress who voiced Mulan.

#25 Posted by Hit_Monkey (1402 posts) - - Show Bio

mae beats her in h2h. Natasha is probably a better adapter so she will win round 2.

This.

#26 Posted by TheClassicIon (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

@myst1que said:

Round 1- Agent May

Round 2- Black Widow

Round 3- Really can't decide, probably Black Widow

This, in hand to hand May can take her, Widow wins the other rounds

#27 Posted by Killerwasp (17289 posts) - - Show Bio

Bw all rounds.

#28 Edited by rtc7788 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow stomps every round. There's a reason why she's an Avenger, while May is just a mere SHIELD Agent.

I don't see May being able to do any of this (as easily as Black Widow anyway):

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

While May struggles vs other SHIELD Agents:

Loading Video...

#29 Posted by Tony_Shark (1979 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow is superior. May couldn't hang around Chitari aliens or even take on the winter soilder for as long as Widow did. May has more showings but Widows are superior. The people that May beats up are standard fodder.

Quality over quantity.

#30 Posted by batd12345678 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

I am assuming Widow was trained just like the Russian girls in Agent Carter and the fact she was able to leave that means she was one of the best and they are crazy ass awesome on there own.

So Widow wins all rounds

#31 Posted by Super_Mod (2491 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Im_Deadpool (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent May because: The Calvary

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
#33 Posted by phoenixdiamond616 (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that may can win one round of the three

#34 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

@shimel: Don't think it matters what it says. Natasha hasn't shown much MA skill.

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
#35 Posted by phoenixdiamond616 (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

1: Widow

2: May

3: Widow

#36 Posted by Champion99 (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

This

#37 Edited by blackcat_kitty (95 posts) - - Show Bio

The chitauri were fodder and honestly didn't do anything impressive, and sadly Nats fight with Bucky can hardly be classed as a feat.

Mae had more feats that are actually impressive...

Mae takes h2h and maybe round 3, I could see widow getting her hands on her AOU weapons; and Mae getting the berserker staff?

#38 Posted by EvilCook (100 posts) - - Show Bio

1: Widow

2: Widow

3: Widow

#39 Edited by Paytience (4715 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtuske: Considering May had the job first, Widow is HER backup.

AoS season 2 ep 17 "Melinda". Coulson gave May the offer...if it wasn't for the Cavalry incident, May is an Avenger.

May takes 1 and 3; Widow takes 2.

#40 Edited by katanalauncher (3589 posts) - - Show Bio

@paytience: I don't remember the episode but I'm pretty sure Fury chose members of the Avengers.

OT: Widow all rounds.

#41 Posted by Paytience (4715 posts) - - Show Bio

@katanalauncher: Widow wasn't chosen as an Avenger. She was just there to vet the candidates (Specifically Tony Stark) an got caught up in it. That was in 2010. The job was originally offered to Melinda May. The Cavalry incident took place in 2008.

#42 Posted by jayskee (4820 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow all three rounds

#43 Posted by TorchwoodBoy (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - May

Round 2&3 - Widow down to gear.

A closer fight would be Bobbi/Mockingbird vs Widow.

#44 Posted by pastepotpete1 (3332 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

widow. then again...widow was a puss when vsing the winter soilder. I don't think May would have ran, she would have fought to death.

but still i choose widow

if mae had fought the winter solider she would be dead

#45 Edited by Paytience (4715 posts) - - Show Bio

@pastepotpete1: Right...possibly. But if you're saying that the one who hasn't beaten superhumans H2H has an advantage over the one who has, I would like to know why.

Also, if May ever fought Winter Soldier, WS would be dead. Because Coulson wouldv'e sent Daisy, Bobbi and probably the rest of the secret warriors in as backup.

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
#46 Posted by SpiderFan130666 (768 posts) - - Show Bio

Widow. On all rounds. May may have fought (lol) more bad guys and even gone against Lorelei and Peterson... but they are both C-List opponents, compared to Loki, the Chitauri and Ultron robots... even the Winter Soldier is too much for her. Widow was able to expertly defeat a mind-controlled Hawkeye without too much effort while May has struggled against other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, even Skye, when she wasn't using her powers.

Natasha is not just trained by S.H.I.E.L.D. but also by the KGB and the Spetsnaz... both of which consider her one of their most deadliest operatives. She's just too good.

#47 Posted by abraham700 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 - Melinda May CURBSTOMP

Round 2 - Melinda May 9/10

Round 3 - Melinda May 10/10

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#48 Edited by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderfan130666 said:

Widow. On all rounds. May may have fought (lol) more bad guys and even gone against Lorelei and Peterson... but they are both C-List opponents, compared to Loki, the Chitauri and Ultron robots... even the Winter Soldier is too much for her. Widow was able to expertly defeat a mind-controlled Hawkeye without too much effort while May has struggled against other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, even Skye, when she wasn't using her powers.

Natasha is not just trained by S.H.I.E.L.D. but also by the KGB and the Spetsnaz... both of which consider her one of their most deadliest operatives. She's just too good.

No disrespect intended, but I really do think you need to reevaluate your argument...

1. Widow has never engaged Loki in combat, so I don't know where that factors in to your argument. Being lesser known (C-List) means nothing.
  2. The Chitauri and Ultron bots are pathetic, and are in no way above Lorelei and Mike Peterson in any way (except maneuverability due to the Ultron bots being able to fly). Lorelei and Peterson are both superhumans, and I have no problem believing they could tear through Chitauri
  3. Your argument that Widow defeated Hawkeye whereas May struggled against other SHIELD Agents is lacking, considering Widow struggled against Hawkeye, and Hawkeye is an agent. You also need to rewatch May and Skye's fight scene, but I'll give a brief summation: May played complete defense and blocked all of Skye's attacks (she did say she didn't want to hurt Skye). Skye landed a couple hits, and then May decided to play offense (subsequently dispatching Skye in seconds until Skye used her powers).
Avatar image for spiderfan130666
#49 Posted by SpiderFan130666 (768 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadpool10: You are terrible at this.

Widow may not have fought Loki directly, but she did face him in the Battle of New York: That has to do with weapons, n'est-ce pas?

Also Chitauri and Ultron bots are pathetic compared to the AVENGERS yes, but not to SHIELD. And what you believe:

"Lorelei and Peterson are both superhumans, and I have no problem believing they could tear through Chitauri"

That's very different compared to what you actually saw. Thus the above is IR-RE-LEV-ANT.

Your opinion of the battle between Hawkeye and Natasha is relative, you claim she struggled, but that was only because she wasn't trying to kill him. And he was. Plus he is not a normal SHIELD agent, but one of the best. And what you described with May and Skye: that's exactly what I said! She had some trouble, she HAD to go on the offensive!

#50 Posted by Stahlflamme (5693 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadpool10: You are terrible at this.

Widow may not have fought Loki directly, but she did face him in the Battle of New York: That has to do with weapons, n'est-ce pas?

If she hasn't managed to harm him in anyway or even fought him directly that has no combat relevance.

Also Chitauri and Ultron bots are pathetic compared to the AVENGERS yes, but not to SHIELD. And what you believe:

Nick Fury destroyed an Ultron bot... And Chitauris aren't even C-list opponents. Plus Widow never took out either without gear of some kind.

"Lorelei and Peterson are both superhumans, and I have no problem believing they could tear through Chitauri"

That's very different compared to what you actually saw. Thus the above is IR-RE-LEV-ANT.

I'm sorry what? Mike and Lorelei never fought Chitauri so how can you have seen anything of the likes? Lorelei fought evenly with Syf who is more powerful than the weaker half of the Avengers.

Your opinion of the battle between Hawkeye and Natasha is relative, you claim she struggled, but that was only because she wasn't trying to kill him. Based on what? When was that said or shown? And he was. Plus he is not a normal SHIELD agent, but one of the best. The exact description Agent 33 got. And Widow fought Hawkeye hand-to-hand, which isn't even his specialty. And what you described with May and Skye: that's exactly what I said! She had some trouble, she HAD to go on the offensive! Black Widow had to go on the offensive against everyone she beat... how do you beat someone without going on the offensive?You say having a knife at your throat and needing to bite into someones forearm doesn't proof struggle, but effortlessly kicking someones ass does?