• 113 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Does anyone have DD 512? That takes place after he's stabbed by White Tiger and falls off a building. I was hoping there could be a remark or two in there regarding his healing factor.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Stronger

@Theodore said:

I think BT could win, this is an awesome fight
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#103  Edited By Strider1992

@k4tzm4n: I should have it somewhere i'll have a look. I believe he got stabbed through the heart but recovered a day later.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

Does anyone have DD 512? That takes place after he's stabbed by White Tiger and falls off a building. I was hoping there could be a remark or two in there regarding his healing factor.

The best remarks about his healing factor are in Daredevil Vol.2 Annual #1.i don't happen to have it on hand.I'd have to take it out of the closet.I don't remember seeing Carlos for quite some time after White Tiger shanked him.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Strider92: Yeah, he was stabbed in the back then thrown off the building (and crashed onto a car). Apparently, his recover is in DD512, however, I haven't read it.

@Vance Astro: Bust it out and bring us some scans!!!!

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By slimj87d
@Strider92: Venom has been blown up before as well. 

No Caption Provided
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By slimj87d

@Strider92:   
@k4tzm4n
I believe their healing factors work incredibly different. Both have their pros and cons. 

BT's healing factor is handled through his bodies reaction to healing. This can benefit him because it's always on as long as he has had a healthy diet etc to sustain it, it will work a lot faster. 

As for the symbiote, it's advantage is that it's handled by another living entity that can forcefully regenerate and heal its partner. The benefit of this is that it knows which area to directly heal and right away if near instant. It can focus all of its efforts in those areas. But the con is that if the symbiote is busy multitasking or has been strained such as when Spider-man made it use all its web up, then it won't be able to heal its host in time. Or if the symbiote is exposed to its weaknesses such as sonics and fire it will reduce its healing efficiency.  

In this fight I'm having a hard time seeing which has a real advantage over the other. I guess it would depend on if BT has knowledge and can expose the symbiotes healing factor, while for Eddie's case I don't think there's anything he can do to reduce BT's healing factor which doesn't work as fast or efficiently as Eddie's IMO. 
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Strider1992

@SlimJ87D said:

In this fight I'm having a hard time seeing which has a real advantage over the other. I guess it would depend on if BT has knowledge and can expose the symbiotes healing factor, while for Eddie's case I don't think there's anything he can do to reduce BT's healing factor which doesn't work as fast or efficiently as Eddie's IMO.

I'd say those eyeblast's also give him an advantage as their energy output can be quite high (see the post before last).

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By slimj87d
@Strider92 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

I'd say those eyeblast's also give him an advantage as their energy output can be quite high (see the post before last).

I read in his bio that once he performs them the take awhile to recharge. Eddie has taken some heat blasts which is what he is weak against but has found his way to recover rather quickly. So I think the initial blast won't put him down but will set BT up to go in and get a bunch of good shots. 
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By BringnIt
@k4tzm4n said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@k4tzm4n: Thanks for reposting that for me. I couldn't have said it better myself. How good is Black Tarantula's healing factor as compared to Venom's?

No problem. I don't have his handbook entry, but I'm hoping that would elaborate on his healing factor. It's impressive, but I'd like to see if there's a blurb on it.

All I can present is this...

Shot numerous times point blank, calls it "annoying."

(thanks to his respect thread at the Ledger)

@Strider92: Nice post. One thing, though: the symbiote also renders Brock bullet proof.

If he has bulletproof skin, why is he bleeding in the gunshot scan?  Also, @Strider92
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Strider1992

@BringnIt: This has me confused actually as during his attack on HYDRA i'm sure he got shot a few times and the bullets bounced off him. I'll try and find the scan.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By slimj87d
@BringnIt: It could be a number of reasons IMO. There are different kinds of bullets with different energy ratings and piercing abilities. 

As far as I know, Venom has taken all kinds of gunfire no problem. Doesn't look like BT can do the same up there. 
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By BringnIt
@SlimJ87D said:
@BringnIt: It could be a number of reasons IMO. There are different kinds of bullets with different energy ratings and piercing abilities.  As far as I know, Venom has taken all kinds of gunfire no problem. Doesn't look like BT can do the same up there. 
Yeah, I was thinking along those lines but I don't typically see armored-piercing rounds and things of that nature being differentiated in comics so I was hoping someone who had read more Tarantula than me could clarify.