No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If this is current BP he teleports and kills him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this current black panther? Current cyclops? Pre AVX cyclops? Pre doom war black panther?

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Tchalla and Current Cyke

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BP

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much comes down to who can beat who on the draw I guess. Black Panther isn't really dodging his blasts with the way they are (still unclear if he has control over them...Whenever he shows up in A+X it seems like he can kind of control them). Black Panther can teleport in melee range and in the fight first though. Current black panther one shotted black swan who has unknown levels of super human stats, and he also punched a hole through a cyborg so one shotting scott is possible.

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H2H Black Panther

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Panther is probably capable of winning this. I'm not completely up and up on current Cyclops, but does he still hold back on his blasts? If he does, between his teleporter/force field and superhuman stats I think Panther can take this. Scott is tough, but he doesn't have superhuman physicals like Panther, so I think Panther can end him rather quickly.

If Scott unleashes full throttle from the start, however, it really becomes who is quicker on the draw.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44 said:

Pretty much comes down to who can beat who on the draw I guess. Black Panther isn't really dodging his blasts with the way they are (still unclear if he has control over them...Whenever he shows up in A+X it seems like he can kind of control them). Black Panther can teleport in melee range and in the fight first though. Current black panther one shotted black swan who has unknown levels of super human stats, and he also punched a hole through a cyborg so one shotting scott is possible.

Regarding his last blast that I read, he seems to be getting better control over them lately. It's why he was able to casually nuke a bunch of sentinels without injuring anyone on Kitty's team. This has also allowed him to shoot his blasts off without getting tired easily like when he would fire his blast, give it all he could, and then look like crap later. So have a few other writers actually. But the blasts are generally shown a bit larger than what his regular sized ones used to be, but I would contribute that to the ambient excess energy he is firing off. This is that spiraling effect you see in some of his blasts.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

With that said, Cyclops has shown no ill will towards the Avengers, other X-Men, Fantastic Four etc, and has said for people to not shun and disrespect them. That they are only doing their duty. He was able to shoot Legion on two separate occasions without seriously harming him, despite his blasts looking a bit bigger. So I doubt he would be gunning for the kill and will try and hold his blasts back. But I wouldn't let that confuse some people that T'Challa will tank a blast and be fine due to things like shields or just himself. Cyclops will still shoot to hurt him, just not slaughter him. I seem to recall T'Challa's force field shattering due to laser fire in issue 1. Nothing that was shown to be anywhere near close to the power Cyclops has, so I have no doubt Cyclops would wreck his shields. Teleportation he has no defense against since he doesn't know T'Challa like Kurt.

But that is Cyclops' downfall. He isn't gonna be pulling to kill or cripple him, he will try not to. But considering his standing, I have little doubt T'Challa would pull his punches too much when dealing with him. So teleportation is gonna be huge in his advantage when he does it, and quite frankly I feel like it is needed. Now I'm about 2-4 weeks behind on some reading, but the only time I have seen someone dodge the new blasts was SpOck in the A+X issue and that was just stupid with how the blasts were portrayed. They were just little blasts that were splitting everywhere with no center beam. Every other artist and writer has shown there being a central beam, but a bunch of little other beams trailing off. So I find T'Challa being hard pressed to dodge since one of those side beams are flying outward along the main beam. It's likely he would get caught. So T'Challa needs his teleportation here and that could give him a slim majority. He could tank an average blast, but then would probably resort to trying to close the distance as efficiently as he can, hence teleporter is key. But there is also the fact Cyclops hasn't regained even the same control he had before his powers were broken. His control is better, but not fixed. I wouldn't doubt there being maybe up to 3 instances that he tries to shoot a blast off and accidentally goes hail Mary, and T'Challa is just then plain f*cked.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I see T'Challa winning via the teleporter.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: I pretty much agree with everything you said.

All though its worth noting that Scott was showing some control in A+X 13 with captain america. Like he even takes his glasses off for a panel (cap blocks it with his shield and gets knocked down). Not sure if you have read that issue. He also also ends up hitting the ground underneath cap (he missed because caps shield hit him off of a ricochet). I wasn't really clear if that was a A+X thing or if his blasts are just like that now.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: Yeah, I saw that, but I'd have recheck the issue before saying if it is credible or not. If you have scans, that would be helpful. So far from what I have read, I wouldn't put too much merit into most things A+X has shown. I mean they've done things that don't fit in with the current continuity at times like giving Fantomex his misdirection when he didn't have it at the time. Or I seem to recall an issue where Captain America wasn't affected by Kid Omega's telepathy because 'Murica. We've only seen Scott use his blasts without his glasses twice since his powers were broken, and the blasts looked like this. Once when he hurt Dormammu, he also collapsed backwards right after, but was back on his feet shortly. He also had another blast where he said he gave it all he had. He also fired it into the sky so he wouldn't hit anything.

But Scott's output is based on how much he is willing to project. He has shown he can fire his blasts with his eyes completely open and not an area. He did so when spending a night with Emma(pre-AvX). So he could fire his blasts in his current state without his glasses since he is getting better control, but like I said, his control still isn't to what it even was. I'm kind of iffy right now on what he should be able to do without his glasses. So I guess he could fire his blasts without his glasses since he isn't nuking the area every time he opens his eyes like he was. But it isn't something he would be doing all of the time since he still has the chance of nuking the area.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dondave
OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Current Black Panther has cloaking tech.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Black Panther tech is too much for Scott in a random encounter. Stealth and Teleport tech means Scott's long range attacks are almost useless. That along with superior base stats, superior hand to hand combat ability, and comparable tactical ability means Panther has the overall advantage. The only chance Scott has is to do a spread attack to keep T'challa at bay. But that will only work for so long. Panther has too many options open to him. T'challa wins.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love cyclops to death but Black Panther would own him, before and after the upgrade. Wolverine never utilizes his full training which is why Cyclops could go toe to toe with him, but Black Panther would wreck Scott.

ivan_jimenez86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ivan_jimenez86

MISMATCH!

Black Panther has excellent hand-to-hand combat experiences, weaponry, tech, stealth, armor, magic, intelligence, tactics, and teleportation on his side. His suit has tanked Hulk's punches, survived both Dr. Doom's infused magic & vibranium's blasts and a Phoenix Force possessed Namor destroying Wakanda! And, he has knowledge from his Black Panther ancestors and its tribal god, Bast!

Cyclops' optic blasts are impressive, but it will be absorbed by Black Panther's vibranium's suit immediately upon impact. There is nothing in Cyclops powers, skills, or knowledge that would ever grant him victory over Black Panther...unless he becomes another avatar for the Phoenix Force!